Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Jharkov posted:

Me at Stockton beach

Tell ya what, sand is treacherous on such a big bike. Takes some practice, guy on the 400 was having it easy :-)

Stockton as in Newcastle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Yes. Oh yes.

:flashfap:

e: Heres the cherry on top.

eggyolk fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 10, 2008

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Sandals? On a bike? And if that's not bad enough, working upper body while ignoring legs.

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma

Dubs posted:

Stockton as in Newcastle?

You got it.
North of Newcastle, near Hexham.
Not a bad spot, i rode up from Sydney.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Gnaghi posted:

Sandals? On a bike? And if that's not bad enough, working upper body while ignoring legs.

You forgot the most atrocious part. It's a Desmosedici RR.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Gnaghi posted:

Also, thats a $75k Bike.

Jharkov posted:

You got it.
North of Newcastle, near Hexham.
Not a bad spot, i rode up from Sydney.

Ahh awesome. I live in the hunter valley.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

French Canadian posted:

You forgot the most atrocious part. It's a Desmosedici RR.

Honestly, if I owned that bike I'd be tempted to ride around like that just to see how long it would take to show up on the internet. Its so hilariously douchey, everyone who knows bikes would be trying to take your picture.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pr0zac posted:

Honestly, if I owned that bike I'd be tempted to ride around like that just to see how long it would take to show up on the internet. Its so hilariously douchey, everyone who knows bikes would be trying to take your picture.

I guess if you don't mind being known as The Douche On The Desmo

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
If I had a desmo, I would totally be ok with that title.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm already the Douche Without A Desmo so I'll happily take that title.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
BEHOLD I HAVE MADE A YOUTUBE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN_IsRscqzQ
leave me a comment fags.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Oasis holds a special place in my heart because I liked it when I was in middle school but now think they're faggy but all my scene band friends love them now because they actually listened to them for some reason but I still find them faggy and gay just like I find you faggy and gay Hnasty.

Hnasty you are the worst thing that's ever happened to motorcycling and I wish you would just shut the gently caress up forever. You sold a husqy and race an r6 but never get more than a 10 degree lean angle at the track on it. you are basically the biggest poseur in motorcycling ever and I can't believe that this forum has tolerated your poo poo for this long.

Please just go the gently caress away and never come back you chicken tandoori motherfucking gas attendant.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

also that's a pretty cute video I must admit

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Ok wait this is a good place to ask as any because I would have loved to be a racer in the 60's to be able to get all the triangle titty action that they all must have gotten. And obviously this dude was not in the sixty's BUT...

Is there any footage of vincent gallo racing motorcycles?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Hey Sigtrap ^^^ he is clearly drunk posting again.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I thought you two were gonna be funny. But you're not.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
:regd07:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"But it sounded funny in IRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
God drat Swedes and motards is a great combination.

First is wheelies and a little bit "urban offroad".
Second video is the same, but with music instead of glorious engine sound, kind of annoying but still fun.
Third is wheelie practice with a couple crashes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpssLiH79o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykGRUDc1kA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTr395e6Jk

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

HNasty posted:

Hey Sigtrap ^^^ he is clearly drunk posting again.

STFU you taddle tale

In other news http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007695

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Post pictures, videos, or don't post.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Here's hoping this is appropriate thread-fodder... my apologies for the quality.

My buddy Millsy 'helping' another friend move her bike last night. These Honda CBR125's are way too light for their own good.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ya dummies, post pictures

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

HNasty posted:

ya dummies, post pictures

I don't get it. How did they know people were in the wrong lane and able to set up for that?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Jack the Smack posted:

I don't get it. How did they know people were in the wrong lane and able to set up for that?

If I remember correctly, it was a R6 group that did a trip up to US129 and were getting fed up with the harleys and cars cutting corners into oncoming traffic. It's a pretty bad problem up there.

In other news:

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster

Jack the Smack posted:

it's probably US129 where people are too lazy/fast to turn properly and piss off other riders and/or die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhEpRYGluI&fmt=18

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Anuv posted:

it's probably US129 where people are too lazy/fast to turn properly and piss off other riders and/or die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhEpRYGluI&fmt=18

Reminds me, this weekend while out riding I got stuck behind a Harley guy who thought it was an excellent idea to hit the brakes mid corner.

EDIT:

Click here for the full 980x735 image.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 12, 2008

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Phat_Albert posted:

Stretched swingarms are so you don't wheelie off the face of the earth, right? What's wrong with the traditional wheelie bar? Are they illegal on certain tracks or move you into a different class or what?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

sigtrap posted:

Post pictures, videos, or don't post.

REPORTED

For not posting a picture or video. Take that you!

Don't mess wit deez gunz son.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Silver posted:

REPORTED

For not posting a picture or video. Take that you!

Don't mess wit deez gunz son.

you got a bunch of oranges in your shirt or something?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Not sure if there is a better thread for a quick trip report, so I'll post it here. I'll move it if there is.

So this weekend I took a little trip to go to a friends wedding. The day after I decided to take a more senic route home!

First stop was the abandoned town, now state park of Washington on the Brazos. This is where the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed! :hist101:

A cool statue of Childress, he was the author the Declaration of Independence. Also it's a cool statue.

Click here for the full 767x718 image.

They also had some cool artifacts like an awesome Texas Ranger Badge. :c00l:

It wouldn't be Texas unless there were guns.

A couple miles down the road I stopped at Independence Texas, home to the original Baylor campus, this was a pretty small town. Nice place to stop and take a break.

This is what is left of the original Baylor campus just outside Independence Texas. Apparently this was a womens only college back then.

A few hours later I stopped for some lunch at 'Steak House' in Snook Texas. This place was cliche Texas to a T. I'd expect nothing less from being a few miles outside of College Station, and the home of Texas A&M.

Look what I found on the menu.

Click here for the full 816x612 image.

Ya, that's Chicken Fried Bacon. I ate a strip, and couldn't eat anything else. Seriously not even my turkey sandwich I ordered. It was that bad. Other folks were happily munching down :barf:

Click here for the full 500x784 image.

and because I hate trip reports with a map...here's a map. I took the interstate down on saturday, and part way back on sunday, just ran out of time.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

Need to go more west, get some TX hill country!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Crossposting this from the AI vids thread, because ahahahahha!

"Is it fast?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjCEPF4HGo

e: How could anyone think this was a good idea? :psyduck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6N5Iyqfwk

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 13, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVEIu_SG_E

I rode with this guy at miller. Stupid, Killer loving fast. One of the fastest guys on the track.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Reading this thread again made me want to make my bike look less like a pile. This is a good thing.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
Cross country on a Harley in the 40's

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVEIu_SG_E

I rode with this guy at miller. Stupid, Killer loving fast. One of the fastest guys on the track.

Related video: Paraplegic stunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

That rules. Really proves guys in that time were not much different than we are now. Thanks for sharing, awesome photos.