Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

IRQ posted:

What isn't? I completely understand why Jamie always looks half a second away from decking him.

Probably because Jaime is borderline spergin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I watch Mythbusters for the day when Jamie's head simply explodes.

Look how red it always it, that can't be healthy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The guy Bill that was on the roof with Mike (the fast talker) was such a tweaker it was incredible.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

-Atom- posted:

The guy Bill that was on the roof with Mike (the fast talker) was such a tweaker it was incredible.

Glad I'm not the only who thought that guy was a tweaker, especially since he seemed to have a good case of meth-mouth going.

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a TV show as I did at the constant stream of dirty jokes Mike managed to work into the mannequin segment. The bit where he was fondling the torso mold and the power washer section have to be some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

37ArmsToBind
Jun 30, 2007

Every Thug Needs A Lady
Hey, I have a question.

Like 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a documentary on the Discovery Channel (I'm not 100% positive, might have been History channel) about body language. They used clips from the presidential debates and explained every movement and action that the candidates made and what they meant.

It was really fascinating but I didn't catch the name and searching for "body language" doesn't really yield what I'm looking for.

Anyone know what it was called?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Secrets of Body Language
http://www.history.com/shows.do?episodeId=366944&action=detail

Pretty good, but really didn't need to be 2 hours long.

37ArmsToBind
Jun 30, 2007

Every Thug Needs A Lady
I was so close.

Thanks.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Cash Cab is on! I love cash cab in a most unnatural way.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Jamie and Adam are going to try and polish a turd. Mike Rowe is going to sue.

I think it may be time to close shop.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Jamie and Adam are going to try and polish a turd. Mike Rowe is going to sue.

I think it may be time to close shop.

Maybe their last show will be testing the myth of whether jumping a shark can truly signal the downturn of a show's quality? :v:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

McSpanky posted:

Maybe their last show will be testing the myth of whether jumping a shark can truly signal the downturn of a show's quality? :v:

I want to say they did shark jumping on a shark week special, but if they haven't they should. Then Jamie should feed Adam to a shark.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Jesus Mythbusters what the gently caress. Seriously, we've come to this point?

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5
They don't even understand the idiom. It's not that a turd isn't polishable it's that a polished turd is still poo poo.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Adam just made Jamie look like a complete moron on national TV.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

the-jam posted:

They don't even understand the idiom. It's not that a turd isn't polishable it's that a polished turd is still poo poo.

It's not a myth, it's an idiom, "You can't polish a turd". They're taking it literally.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's not a myth, it's an idiom, "You can't polish a turd". They're taking it literally.
I guess I'm thinking of the idiom where you describe an action as "Just polishing a turd," or "turd polishing." In which case your saying that the action isn't accomplishing anything as opposed to it being impossible. I've heard that usage more often.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I have to call it now. Time Warp will kill one of its own crew members.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

the-jam posted:

I'm sure they understand it, they just like a steady paycheck and a job where they get to screw around all day.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Okay I want to make a shiny mud ball now.

Karthillion
Mar 18, 2006
Philanthropists Anonymous

-Atom- posted:

Me too. I'm debating going outside in the rain to dig some dirt.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

-Atom- posted:

Even I was impressed. I had no idea you could do that. Leave it to the Japanese.

Poise
Jul 28, 2006
So prototype this and smash lab are basically the same exact show. What happened to smash lab tho that chick was hot.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

IRQ posted:

I'm sure they understand it, they just like a steady paycheck and a job where they get to screw around all day.

Tonight's episode seemed like more of a "let's just throw some poo poo together because we're out of ideas" show.

quote:

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a TV show as I did at the constant stream of dirty jokes Mike managed to work into the mannequin segment.

I died at the hand job/happy ending remark in the voice over.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

HarryLerman posted:

So prototype this and smash lab are basically the same exact show. What happened to smash lab tho that chick was hot.

They're the same show but I enjoy Prototype This. Just try to tell me you don't want to ride that waterslide simulator.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Same show except they actually try to build and create poo poo instead of "well what happens when we put rockets on a car like the mythbusters did on their very first episode!"

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
I want to know the name of that shiny mudball technique. Does anyone know?

vv Thanks!! :)

sildenafil fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 13, 2008

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Dorodango.

Karthillion
Mar 18, 2006
HowStuffWorks is a show now? And it's premiering on Discovery tonight. Neat.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Karthillion posted:

HowStuffWorks is a show now? And it's premiering on Discovery tonight. Neat.

I could've sworn that Discovery was already running like three different versions of this exact concept. Not that it ever stopped them before, obviously; it's fascinating to see how many times the same show can be remade before they all come crashing down in a heap of critical unoriginality.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

McSpanky posted:

I could've sworn that Discovery was already running like three different versions of this exact concept. Not that it ever stopped them before, obviously; it's fascinating to see how many times the same show can be remade before they all come crashing down in a heap of critical unoriginality.
There's also a show on National Geographic, Factory Floor with Marshall Brain, starring the guy who started the Howstuffworks website that's on at the same time as Discovery's new Howstuffworks show.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Not sure if The History Channel goes here, but I really loving hate The Universe.

This episode (not sure if it's new or old) about parallel dimensions is so awful.

String theory, therefore invisible dinosaurs walk through your living room daily.

edit: oh and guess what in the future we will need to use wormholes to travel to parallel universes to escape Darth Vader and his Empire. they're not even taking themselves seriously anymore. this dude from Berkley is like "oh yeah sure, gotta use those wormholes."

Endless Trash fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 19, 2008

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

If we want to talk History Channel I have to say that Shadow Force is pretty cool.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Oh my, History Channel's "Parallel Universes" episode of "The Universe" was devoid of any actual science. At all. And what's that's stuff about WMAP and lasers? WTF? None of that ever happened, ever is happening, or can happen. It's like they took some sciency-sounding words and put them in a monkey-typewriter-blender.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ashpanash posted:

Oh my, History Channel's "Parallel Universes" episode of "The Universe" was devoid of any actual science. At all. And what's that's stuff about WMAP and lasers? WTF? None of that ever happened, ever is happening, or can happen. It's like they took some sciency-sounding words and put them in a monkey-typewriter-blender.

My favorite part was when they compared quantum theory and M-theory being incompatible to Tom and Jerry fighting. The Universe has the worst analogies.

I was really disappointed to see that white haired asian guy taking part. He usually takes himself seriously but I think the Science/Discovery/History channel just gave him a lot of money and he's officially their bitch.

Slashie
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Does anybody know if Nigel Marven: Time Traveling Biologist is going to do anymore specials? Prehistoric Park is the best thing ever. His site said he was going to do some thing where he got shrunk down to bug size, but I haven't seen it on American TV.

Always Shirtless
Oct 14, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I swear to god someone is going to die on time warp some day, they do so much reckless poo poo. Stick your finger in a sawblade? Sure! :)

Understeer
Sep 14, 2004

Now with more front end grip.
My local cable company finally picked up Discovery Channel HD. Will Planet Earth be rebroadcast anytime in the near future, or did I miss the boat?

Karthillion
Mar 18, 2006
Ok, the internal zits really were just as gross as claimed. I gagged.

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
This episode seemed kind of lifeless. I don't know if it's because they cut out a lot of the music, or just that Mike wasn't being as much of an rear end in a top hat. He seemed more like a generic show host than Mike Rowe.

Still enjoyed that episode though, it was neat to see the hops harvesting equipment. I figured picking flowers off vines had to be done by hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karthillion
Mar 18, 2006
Ok Timewarp, the card throwing guy, cool as hell. But come on, stop saying skeet, you can't be that oblivious to pop-culture.

• Locked thread