Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

This is part of the interview posted on the VH1 blog for episode 1 of this season.

I really felt for Dr. Drew when he had to mediate between Jeff and Vicki in the recent episode, especially when she came up with the argument that it hurt her deeply when Jeff called 911 on her (because she was physically abusing him, and he feared for his life). She was so indignant that Jeff could be so inconsiderate as to call the police for help.

I think that conversation even more than when she asked to be admitted seemed incredibly bogus. Like a writer from a terrible soap opera was writing her lines. I'll give Drew a pass since he was actually there and saw/heard what was really going on, but what was shown was pretty much impossible to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

2004-10-05 episode with Bonnie Somerville is a pretty great one. Her sense of humor complemented Adam's pretty well, it's pretty rare for a guest to get a good solid laugh out of him, but she got a few. Also, I think they talked about Adam hosting some late night show for a few days during this show. Anyone know the history behind Adam and hosting late night television shows besides the MTV Loveline?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Solarin posted:

2004-10-05 episode with Bonnie Somerville is a pretty great one. Her sense of humor complemented Adam's pretty well, it's pretty rare for a guest to get a good solid laugh out of him, but she got a few. Also, I think they talked about Adam hosting some late night show for a few days during this show. Anyone know the history behind Adam and hosting late night television shows besides the MTV Loveline?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Late_with_Adam_Carolla

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Acute Hepatitis posted:

I've been listening to random episodes frequently this past week. An episode came up where it was Stryker and System of a Down.

I threw my laptop across the room.

There was I show listened to from early 2002 with SoaD. While I don't care for their music, they are pretty chill dudes and were good guests.

I have a question which, I apologize, has probably been answered in this thread several times, but why isn't DAG allowed back on Loveline?

Wikipedia posted:

Grier's last appearance on Loveline was April 16, 2006.[2] On his MySpace page, Grier posted in a blog:
“ To all of my loyal fans. It pains me greatly to inform you all that I will probably never be heard on the radio show Loveline again. I have been informed of this sad fact by the one and only Dr. Drew Pinsky. I know not how or why this has happened, but we must ALL move on...

what is this

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

Solarin posted:

In addition to "Too Late," he was one of the people that had a week-long audition to take over Craig Kilborn's spot after Letterman, which eventually went to Craig Ferguson.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Solarin posted:

I was just going to recommend this episode. She is a good guest and actually chips in with some jokes, instead of sitting there silently in shock as some guests do.

Adam joked that she would break up Drew's marriage because she is filled with as much passion as Drew.

Also check out the 2004-10-21 (Guest - Marsha Thomason) episode as well. Hilarious all the way through.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I've been going through the first year of the Adam Carolla Show and it's even better than I remembered it to be. Dave Dameshek should really be brought back. He and Adam had such great on-air chemistry.

http://tacs.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/Content/2006

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Crap I've been Loveline binging more than ever lately and getting my friends in on listening to the random stream. And now it seems anytime I want to listen, it's full. :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Noktorn posted:

Slowly downloading the torrent and listening through the old episodes. Kari Wuhrer might be the dumbest goddamn person I've ever heard.

Holy poo poo, is that the chick from Swamp Thing?!? I watched that show for the first time in over a decade the other day and I remembered what a huge crush I had on her when I was little. I saw her name at the end of the credits and couldn't remember seeing her in anything else. I never realized she had any career beyond Swamp Thing.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Jubs posted:

I've been going through the first year of the Adam Carolla Show and it's even better than I remembered it to be. Dave Dameshek should really be brought back. He and Adam had such great on-air chemistry.

http://tacs.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/Content/2006

Maybe so but it was so typical "drive time" type radio between all three of them. It was very "kurt and the boomer" whenever the bantered. I remember thinking Adam was an ego maniac and required them to be pretty much "yes men", especially the female can't remember her name.

He is much better when he has a dissenting type voice.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Did anybody catch Adam (I think it was Monday, I burn these to CD and drive around with them so I get the dates mixed up) going off about riding a donkey back from Kimmel's? Talking about slapping it on the haunches, feeding it beer, and calling it Gus...it had a very Loveline era feel to it, and made my morning.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I feel like I should call into TACS and ask why Bryan hasn't played Adam's old PSA.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Being on a road trip from Denver to Cincinnati through Springfield, Il I've found that TACS and NPR's All Songs Considered have been a godsend for the travel. I kind of wish I had downloaded that forty-some gig Loveline archive. I think wearing headphones while driving is technically ticketable, my laptop's speakers just don't cut it.

I was surprised that they had to practically beat Adam's cranberry sauce rant out of him on when they had Chef Rocco Dispirito on Monday's show, and he didn't really even go into it.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Maybe so but it was so typical "drive time" type radio between all three of them. It was very "kurt and the boomer" whenever the bantered. I remember thinking Adam was an ego maniac and required them to be pretty much "yes men", especially the female can't remember her name.

He is much better when he has a dissenting type voice.

Tracy Metro or was she the person that competed with Strasser for the job?

I did enjoy Dave Dameshek, especially he talked about football and had Teemu Selanne on all the time. Though at least Teeemu lives on through the "Wow" drop. I heard the show that Dave briefly had on in Phoenix and it was actually pretty decent, but it never really got going. Now he has a sports show on an LA radio station and while I downloaded it a few times, it just felt too much like the standard Jim Rome knock-off. It may be better now, but I already have too many podcasts that I listen to, so I haven't had time to listen to it lately.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Dameshek lost his ESPN show and now has a daily ESPN podcast, which is way gay because Dameshek is the man even though he would have unprotected buttsex with any Pittsburgh Steeler in 3 seconds flat

Toast Points
Nov 27, 2008
Loveline clearly has a much more rigid format since Adam left, and I think the direction the show has taken with Stryker has left Drew just going through the motions. Same with Adam, who clearly doesn't have the option of just doing his thing like he wants on his show. Loveline was such a unique show in that it had almost no forced structure, outside of taking a few calls. I think Adam and Drew were so good together because they had great chemistry and they got to just go with what they were feeling. It made for a very organic and funny show.

I think if Drew and Adam got back to just hanging out for two hours on the radio each night, the passion would return pretty quickly. Oh well, I can still hope.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

TheKub posted:

Being on a road trip from Denver to Cincinnati through Springfield, Il I've found that TACS and NPR's All Songs Considered have been a godsend for the travel. I kind of wish I had downloaded that forty-some gig Loveline archive. I think wearing headphones while driving is technically ticketable, my laptop's speakers just don't cut it.

I was surprised that they had to practically beat Adam's cranberry sauce rant out of him on when they had Chef Rocco Dispirito on Monday's show, and he didn't really even go into it.

I bring my laptop, an AC to DC converter, and a Tape to LineIN converter. AC to DC I picked up at RadioShack. Tape to LineIN at Walmart.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

FloydianOne posted:

I bring my laptop, an AC to DC converter, and a Tape to LineIN converter. AC to DC I picked up at RadioShack. Tape to LineIN at Walmart.

Yeah, I picked up a power inverter before the trip. My stereo is just a CD/AM/FM, otherwise I would have used a line-out to tape. I tried several mini broadcasters before and they're just total garbage.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TheKub posted:

I tried several mini broadcasters before and they're just total garbage.

They are. I know this is derailing the thread, but iPods really hosed up the FM-transmitter market. I built one for cheap and it was pretty good; 2 years ago I decided to buy one from Best Buy for like 50 bucks, and it couldn't even hold the signal, so I returned it for 30 bucks back and like 150 CD-Rs.

However... now I'm really pimp... I get to listen to 13 year old girls ask if they can get pregnant through anal over my car's audio system because I have a stereo that's iPod capable. :c00lbutt:

Logan2211
Jan 17, 2005

Evil Vin posted:

Crap I've been Loveline binging more than ever lately and getting my friends in on listening to the random stream. And now it seems anytime I want to listen, it's full. :(

Yeah, almost every time I try to listen it's full. I set up a 250 user relay this morning to help out which should be less full all the time.. http://stfunoob.com/loveline.pls. It also has the original stream as the secondary in that pls in case the relay ever breaks (although I have no intention of taking it offline.)

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Gatekeeper posted:

Holy poo poo, is that the chick from Swamp Thing?!? I watched that show for the first time in over a decade the other day and I remembered what a huge crush I had on her when I was little. I saw her name at the end of the credits and couldn't remember seeing her in anything else. I never realized she had any career beyond Swamp Thing.

She was also in Stephen King's Thinner. Not that that necessarily qualifies as a "career" or anything.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Logan2211 posted:

Yeah, almost every time I try to listen it's full. I set up a 250 user relay this morning to help out which should be less full all the time.. http://stfunoob.com/loveline.pls. It also has the original stream as the secondary in that pls in case the relay ever breaks (although I have no intention of taking it offline.)

This is awesome, you're awesome.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I'm listening to the stream just above and I swear Adam has the best anti religion rants (he is in one now). What he says about these nutjobs who make their wives wear KKK outfits or protest abortion and things that would prevent abortions and so on is exactly how I have felt for years without knowing how to put it into words. It is like he read my mind and then told everyone what I said.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Do any car stereo manufacturers have a internet option?

That would be sick to be able to stream from your desktop/the internet to your car. I guess a "car box" with a cell internet card would do it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Do any car stereo manufacturers have a internet option?

That would be sick to be able to stream from your desktop/the internet to your car. I guess a "car box" with a cell internet card would do it.

I just use Tuner on my iPhone plugged in to my stereo. It can drop the stream from time to time when you switch to a different tower, but it usually stays running pretty well. Random Loveline has a low enough bitrate that there aren't many issues.

Any iPhone/Symbian/Windows Mobile device can handle it. I also stream from the home server using Simplify Media.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

TheDingo posted:

I just use Tuner on my iPhone plugged in to my stereo. It can drop the stream from time to time when you switch to a different tower, but it usually stays running pretty well. Random Loveline has a low enough bitrate that there aren't many issues.

Any iPhone/Symbian/Windows Mobile device can handle it. I also stream from the home server using Simplify Media.

Thanks for the tip, didn't know the iphone could do streams and stuff. Blackberry sucks :sigh:.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

TheDingo posted:

There are also some great bluetooth devices out there that do A2DP and plug right into the bottom of the iPhone. From what I've read, if you have a bluetooth enabled receiver, this is the way to go. I'm about to pick one up myself for like $60.

Edit: I would post pics, but WaffleImages is hosed apparently.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter-Black/dp/B000XRW09Y/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228362238&sr=8-4

BiscuitErsedRenton fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 4, 2008

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

There are also some great bluetooth devices out there that do A2DP and plug right into the bottom of the iPhone. From what I've read, if you have a bluetooth enabled receiver, this is the way to go. I'm about to pick one up myself for like $60.

Edit: I would post pics, but WaffleImages is hosed apparently.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter-Black/dp/B000XRW09Y/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228362238&sr=8-4

Any decent Windows Mobile device has A2DP built in if you are looking to go that route (and don't have the phone already).

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

TheDingo posted:

Any decent Windows Mobile device has A2DP built in if you are looking to go that route (and don't have the phone already).

Yeah that's true, any decent phone also has copy/paste. Getting off topic here, sorry. Anyone know when Top Gear is coming out and is the Ace Man still on board?

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Yeah that's true, any decent phone also has copy/paste. Getting off topic here, sorry. Anyone know when Top Gear is coming out and is the Ace Man still on board?

He talked about it a little while ago. His basic response was that he forgets about anything he isn't currently working on, so he doesn't know. He was at the press thing for new NBC shows, though. I don't know if they would do that if they haven't picked it up.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I think he mentioned it last week. Basically he said that NBC hasn't decided on it yet, but that usually you hear a "no" pretty quickly so it will probably happen.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

TheKub posted:

I think he mentioned it last week. Basically he said that NBC hasn't decided on it yet, but that usually you hear a "no" pretty quickly so it will probably happen.

Awesome, I really hope this all pans out. I know the guy has to eat, but Taco Bell surely doesn't pay the bills like Top Gear would. I hate having to tell people that my king is more than Crank Yankers and gorditas; the genius needs a canvas.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
I'm wondering how long Adam's contract with whatever radio station he's on is.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
So I've been listening to the random stream for about a week now, and what the hell is that techno-synth tune that they play quite often for the commercial transition? I have no idea how to figure it out and I'm dying to know.

E: While I'm asking about the common songs, that piano-track they play as they're wrapping up the session would also be awesome.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 11, 2008

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Loveline will
be right
back
in a
minuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

?

THESE SOCKS?
Sep 27, 2004

Emalde posted:

E: While I'm asking about the common songs, that piano-track they play as they're wrapping up the session would also be awesome.

Clocks by Coldplay?

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
They brought back loveline in Chicago (three years too late assholes), Nthing the Stryker sucks motion. I've been listing to it when I'm in the car at night and it's unbearable at times. I always am expecting Adam to throw out some witty comment that never comes. Also it sucks to see that the Loveline Archive is gone, since I can't get torrents and sometimes the loveline stream does not work, I'm all out of episodes.

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008
Aero737, did you check this site:

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Guys, it's a slippery slope...

We can't judge...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

THESE SOCKS? posted:

Clocks by Coldplay?

Yes! Thank you.

• Locked thread