Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Dangers is ridiculously awesome. So loving angry. I am hard pressed to think of any band even remotely that pissed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

gerfatty posted:

Dangers is ridiculously awesome. So loving angry. I am hard pressed to think of any band even remotely that pissed off.

uhhh ceremony? shai hulud?

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

gerfatty posted:

I am hard pressed to think of any band even remotely that pissed off.

Any time I hear someone say this I immediately think of Ceremony.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Any time I hear someone say this I immediately think of Ceremony.

I suppose I'll allow that. But Dangers still rules.

Profane Methane
Jul 26, 2008
I would say Sheer Terror, Infest and Project X are strong contestants for angriest band.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Verse seem pretty mad at stuff.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
The ending of Story of a Free Man gives me chills every time. Still.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
Let's just name every hardcore band ever and say they are the angriest!

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Its more fun to name drop.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
I agree. Although I'm really lovely at namedropping hardcore. Way better at namedropping pop punk.

The Nothingtons.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

caleb posted:

The ending of Story of a Free Man gives me chills every time. Still.

Same here.

I listened to the Dangers album based on this thread and while parts of it are good, some of it just comes off as :rolleyes:, especially "War? What War?"

"My Wonder Years Never Got Canceled" is loving amazing though.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Inspector_71 posted:

I listened to the Dangers album based on this thread and while parts of it are good, some of it just comes off as :rolleyes:, especially "War? What War?"

I feel this way about "Half Brother, All Cop"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I feel this way about "Half Brother, All Cop"

Yeah, that one is kind of silly too. It reminds me "Cops" by The Kodan Armada.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

Anthropophagus was the angriest hardcore band the city of Nashville has ever or will ever see!

(just to clarify, Anthropophagus was neither angry [more of a joke] nor hardcore [metal] and they never wrote a single song, but did play about 6 shows, all of which were improvised and one of which was introduced by the bass player saying "we're Anthropophagus, now make like AIDS and kill faggots". 9th grade times were good times...)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

I agree. Although I'm really lovely at namedropping hardcore. Way better at namedropping pop punk.

The Nothingtons.

Team Stray
Now I could beat all of you with one hardcore name drop: Black Flag, circa Damaged
The end, thread's over, gently caress all y'all

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hey we talked about dangers ages ago because they got in a big ruckus with FSU. They are pretty cool though.
MLIW are pretty angry at some issues, and also the issues of a comic book disabled man.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I'm loving Dangers, my neighbours are not.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Im on a bit of a Hour of the Wolf kick right now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Everyone needs to check out Whole Wheat Bread, now.
It's three black kids from Jacksonville rocking the gently caress out. It's like Ben Weasel visits the ghetto. Greatest goddamn thing ever.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
my friend copped an original pressing of the "let them eat jellybeans" comp. so good.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

most people say infest but i say early hellnation ok!!!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The track listing from Phantom on the Horizon was released from the guys in the band, and is as follows.

Chapter 1: Introverting Dimensions
Chapter 2: A Strange Conversation
Chapter 3: Nostalgic Mannerisms
Chapter 4: Enter the Black Demon
Chapter 5: The Walls Bled Lust

Now everyone knows A Man A Plan A Canal, Panama was part 8 and Semi-Fiction was part 6 so it looks like 7 is missing somehow.

You can pre-order the album to be shipped on the 5th of December here.

And here is the cover art.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

Your Weird Uncle posted:

most people say infest but i say early hellnation ok!!!

No way dude it's totally (generic Bridge9 band)! Or maybe it's (band that isn't really too angry in the grand scheme of things but I listen to them ALRIGHT?).

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
minor threat, some guy on the soccer team high school commented in the photography darkroom "wow this guy is really angry about something huh?" when i had the tape blarin out the boombox

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

7 Seconds is clearly the angriest band

On a serious note, I just listened to the NMDS/Western Addiction split for the first time in a while and it loving rules.

Also is Amebix any good live? I just found out they're comin to Philly and even though I'm not crazy about them I might check it out

ahh gently caress Mikey Brosnan from the Claw died a week or so ago. Bummer.

Wizard Mannequin fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 26, 2008

HavveK
Aug 3, 2008

Dickeye posted:

Everyone needs to check out Whole Wheat Bread, now.
It's three black kids from Jacksonville rocking the gently caress out. It's like Ben Weasel visits the ghetto. Greatest goddamn thing ever.

I haven't heard anything from/about them in a while. It seemed like they were on every other tour that came through here. They do a killer cover of 'Maxwell Murder'

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
According to another forum I'm part of, they have a new album coming out called Hearts of Hoodlums or something similar. A friend of mine hooked me up with Minority Rules last night and it just blew me away.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Wizard Mannequin posted:

7 Seconds is clearly the angriest band

On a serious note, I just listened to the NMDS/Western Addiction split for the first time in a while and it loving rules.

Also is Amebix any good live? I just found out they're comin to Philly and even though I'm not crazy about them I might check it out

ahh gently caress Mikey Brosnan from the Claw died a week or so ago. Bummer.

it's amebix and mischief brew. im there.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

These seem pretty decent:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=79750117

UK based, kinda remind me a bit of verse.

FEAR is a pretty decent song.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

-Atom- posted:

The track listing from Phantom on the Horizon was released from the guys in the band, and is as follows.

Chapter 1: Introverting Dimensions
Chapter 2: A Strange Conversation
Chapter 3: Nostalgic Mannerisms
Chapter 4: Enter the Black Demon
Chapter 5: The Walls Bled Lust

Now everyone knows A Man A Plan A Canal, Panama was part 8 and Semi-Fiction was part 6 so it looks like 7 is missing somehow.

You can pre-order the album to be shipped on the 5th of December here.

And here is the cover art.

Awesome, I thought it was an tour EP only and I'd have to download it. Will it be sold in stores? Otherwise I guess I'll order a shirt deal if they make one. It'll be interesting to hear the difference between the old demos with Tim and the new ones with Frank.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So tomorrow night is New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong and Crime in Stereo.

Should be a decent show I think.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Parachute Underwear posted:

Awesome, I thought it was an tour EP only and I'd have to download it. Will it be sold in stores? Otherwise I guess I'll order a shirt deal if they make one. It'll be interesting to hear the difference between the old demos with Tim and the new ones with Frank.

They pressed 3,000 copies total so 1,500 for the tour and 1,500 for online retail. The album sold out earlier today and now merchnow has a digital download which now means the album has leaked.

This album is so loving incredible it doesn't seem right.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 28, 2008

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar

RagingPawn posted:

So tomorrow night is New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong and Crime in Stereo.

I went to the Bristol show and it was awesome.

As much as I love Set Your Goals I still can't take the singers seriously though.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

RagingPawn posted:

I'm going to kick myself forever for not going to this.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think I saw Four Year Strong when I saw the Bouncing Souls this summer. Let me check...
EDIT: Yes. Yes I did. I spent their entire set on a couch over by the merch tables laughing at their synth guy. He was just trying so hard to look intense, kind of like that one guy in Dropkick Murphys who plays the mandolin and poo poo, and failed miserably.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 29, 2008

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Yea, Four Year Strong pretty much sucks, although they did do a sweet cover of the Suicide File.

I wish I lived in Denver, easily has my favorite hardcore bands. I just got Crooked Ways 7", really good.

And for the whole angriest band thing, What Feeds the Fire is easily up there. It's a shame they didn't have more albums.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Dickeye posted:

I think I saw Four Year Strong when I saw the Bouncing Souls this summer. Let me check...
EDIT: Yes. Yes I did. I spent their entire set on a couch over by the merch tables laughing at their synth guy. He was just trying so hard to look intense, kind of like that one guy in Dropkick Murphys who plays the mandolin and poo poo, and failed miserably.
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/371/

tommw
Jul 30, 2007

I'm in the Batcave.

RagingPawn posted:

Went last night. The sound is Brixton was horrible as usual and I didn't think much of Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals live (missed CIS). New Found Glory were pretty good but my god, the setlist feels like it never changes. The cover of 'No Reason Why' by Gorilla Biscuits was sick though!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Basically.
But then the Briggs went on after Four Year Strong and it was decent, so I stopped giving a poo poo about the terrible band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
My new band Southside Stranglers is playing our second show on Sunday in Richmond with Annihilation Time, The Ladies, and some metal bands. Anyone around the Richmond area should definitely come check it out especially since Annihilation Time is playing.