Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Costello Jello posted:

This is how I picture you now.
(slightly NSFW)
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o479/grapesofbaath/agreed.jpg

Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?

One man's love for Dean headstocks - the world which could never accept him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
If you like how Dean or B.C. Rich guitars look then there is something fundamentally wrong with you and I'm sticking to that statement :colbert:.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Stux posted:

I really REALLY REALLY like Logic 8 :smith:

Quick swipe comping :swoon:

Decerto
Aug 19, 2002

Sup.

Thoogsby posted:

If you like how Dean or B.C. Rich guitars look then there is something fundamentally wrong with you and I'm sticking to that statement :colbert:.

I don't see anything wrong with my new V. It's a pretty standard classic shape. Personally I hate those sharkfin and generally pointy styled ones though. That's VERY B.C. Rich of whoever does V designs like that.

Though I do agree that the headstock looks kinda lame on anything other than the V. The mirror effect is kinda cool though.

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Agreed posted:

Your loving mom is a disgrace to human aesthetics, I'm coming out of the closet as a Dean headstock lover. That's right, you fascists, I'm a fan of Dean headstocks. I wish I had one on my dick. You heard me, jerk.

I'd link you to some stuff on BMEzine that could make that a reality but I'm at work.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Decerto posted:

I don't see anything wrong with my new V. It's a pretty standard classic shape. Personally I hate those sharkfin and generally pointy styled ones though. That's VERY B.C. Rich of whoever does V designs like that.

Though I do agree that the headstock looks kinda lame on anything other than the V. The mirror effect is kinda cool though.

Yeah, get with the pointy guitars fellas!

This is what ESP does in Japan, I guess. The ESP Japan site, especially the artist section, is a horror show of wasting good wood on disgusting guitars. At least they're kind of funny.

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The top one just looks like it's been dropped a bunch. The ridges have no real rhyme or reason.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
I really like the red one. Curvy *and* pointy is hot.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I can't tell what gender half these Japanese people on that page are.

Jesus christ, Japan is loving weird.

wtf :psyduck:

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

From when I was at the ESP custom shop in Tokyo

those dudes are crazy

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Geisladisk posted:

Jesus christ, Japan is loving weird.

wtf :psyduck:

It had the makings of a good electronics package, but running those pick-ups passive is madness, I tell you, MADNESS! On a side note, I'll bet if they'd left in the big chunk they cut out of it, it would weigh almost as much as my Wal :v:.

warwick5s posted:

I will always hold a special place in my heart for Tennis Shoe Guitar.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

warwick5s posted:

From when I was at the ESP custom shop in Tokyo

[MUTAHFUCKIN TENNIS SHOE GUITAR]

those dudes are crazy

All hail tennis shoe guitar.

Also, machine gun guitar would rule if it was a functional machine gun.

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Geisladisk posted:

All hail tennis shoe guitar.

Also, machine gun guitar would rule if it was a functional machine gun.

It certainly appears to be a genuine Thompson 1928, ribbing and all. I have a feeling the big thing on the end of the barrel is welded on to deactivate it , though (among other things).

Donkeylips
Jul 15, 2002

UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX
Just bought this for my Sunn SL260. First pedal ahoy!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

valve
Sep 29, 2007
That's well Jackson
Just finished my latest instrument build:

Click here for the full 461x614 image.

Click here for the full 614x461 image.

It's an 8 string, the body is Idigbo, and the neck is laminates of Padauk, Purpleheart and Maple, and the fretboard is Cocobolo.

Reasonably rock and roll :)

Donkeylips
Jul 15, 2002

UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX

valve posted:

It's an 8 string, the body is Idigbo, and the neck is laminates of Padauk, Purpleheart and Maple, and the fretboard is Cocobolo.

quite gnarley I must say.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

valve posted:

Click here for the full 614x461 image.

Oh poo poo. Got a low F# on there?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Zakalwe posted:

I find my DS1 to be just "OK". It could do with more bottom end and less grit. I generally keep the settings like this:

Tone : 11 o' clock
Level : 11 o' clock ( point at the l in level )
Dist : 9 o' clock

Any suggestions on a mod?
I'd give this a read:
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Feb/Boss_DS_1_Mods.aspx

I did the vintage mod, C11 is a typo, it should be .01uF. I also added the R13/C8 swap for more gain from the JCM mod. There are a few soundclips comparing the different mods on youtube.

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

I meant to post this before but the pictures accumulated on the camera and never had the time to transfer them.

Yamaha TG-33

This is not that cool, but well it might be useful. Strangely enough I'm more attracted to the internal drumkit which sounds very '88 rather than the vector synthesis right now. We'll see.

Behringer console

Had this for :10bux:, and it's probably not worth more. I will use it for giving headphones mixes to people who come and record at home.

Telex 253

Surpringly, the quality of this is better than I expected. Which is sad because I wanted a crappy mic. Oh well...

Roland PG-800

A controller for my JX-8P. I paid more for this than the actual synthesizer which is revolting. However it has made playing the JX-8P 100x more enjoyable.

Sansui RA-500 (Spring reverb)

An old radio sping reverb that will now be used in some places in my mixes. Plus: colors!!!!

Lexicon LXP-5

Unfortunately, it's not working. Might be a power supply thing... the red clipping LED stays on all the time.

Anyways, what's next is more effect units, and a Behringer ADA8000 for more inputs. Yeah I know, Behringer, but I won't use the pre-amps so gently caress spending $500+ just for that.

SteelWav fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 27, 2008

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

SteelWav posted:

Sansui RA-500 (Spring reverb)

An old radio sping reverb that will now be used in some places in my mixes. Plus: colors!!!!

Hey, my dad has one of these sitting in his storage room. How does it sound?

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

Well it's hard to describe but it's a very twangy and short reverb. I guess the best way to describe it, is like "dropplets in electronic waters" or maybe "surf guitar thing".

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Thoogsby posted:

Except the Mockingbird. :mad:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Not only does that bass look impossibly uncomfortable to play it looks like it's trying to eat it's headstock.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
heh gently caress you roland

Dr.Mosh
May 1, 2004
\m/
My wife got me one of these for my bday!

aww, isn't she nice!

it goes great with this:

:)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Dr.Mosh posted:

aww, isn't she nice!

it goes great with this:

IhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyou

Operator
Feb 22, 2006
place avatar here

M-AUDIO ProjectMix I/O

Best piece of hardware I ever bought. Control Surface with Motorized Faders and 18 x 14 Audio Interface, all rolled into one sweet package. Did I mention Motorized Faders?

Goodbye mouse-mixing, good riddance.

Herr Roboto
Jul 20, 2006

by Ozma

Livingston posted:

Yeah, get with the pointy guitars fellas!

This is what ESP does in Japan, I guess. The ESP Japan site, especially the artist section, is a horror show of wasting good wood on disgusting guitars. At least they're kind of funny.
There's a... ball on the head? Goddamn, there's enough stuff for a new ugly guitars thread.
Though the best one between all this ugly guitars is this one:

My custom guitar would be an ordinary guitar, BUT with ducttape added, too. :toot:

Dr.Mosh
May 1, 2004
\m/

Operator posted:

M-AUDIO ProjectMix I/O

Best piece of hardware I ever bought. Control Surface with Motorized Faders and 18 x 14 Audio Interface, all rolled into one sweet package. Did I mention Motorized Faders?

Goodbye mouse-mixing, good riddance.

that looks great, pretty similar to the features on the Tascam FW1884 with the addition of the little LCD, which I can see coming in handy.
Motorised faders rock my little world

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Operator posted:

ProjectMix

It sounds like you already do, but I came here to inform you that you're really going to enjoy that thing.

I sourced one for the 'recording studio' (read: closet with Apex 'condenser mic pack' and a couple SM58s, and egg cartons on the walls) that I helped start and run at a... sigh, summer camp. Alas, it brightened my generally horrible days there - and this was when I didn't really know poo poo all about ProTools except for bussing. To be honest, I never got deep enough into the unit, but even just having the entire mix window at your fingertips plus the hotkeys for nudge and stuff was mindblowing to me. I remember the preamps were decent, around what you'd expect from a DAW control surface/8-input converter. FireWire is nice, even if your employer insists on getting a factory PC and installing a FW card in it. ugh, rant/comment off

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
If you guys thought Guitar Center suck regularly, go there on Black Friday.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Thoogsby posted:

If you guys thought Guitar Center suck regularly, go there on Black Friday.
No thanks. 15% off GC isn't nearly as good as 25% off eBay.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
I think he meant if you think being in that place normally sucks wait until you see how much it sucks to be in there along with everyone in your city

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

sup :cool:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The eBay discount is too good to pass up. I picked up the EHX 2880 less than a week ago and today I grabbed a mint used Zoom G9.2tt. Black Friday special live.com discount (30% instant rebate) plus the November Paypal coupon (10% off) equals $150 score.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Chows posted:

sup :cool:

How much was this?

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

pennywisdom posted:

How much was this?

About $500 out the door. Normal retail's more like $760 after tax.

It's put together extremely well and plays really nicely with the factory setup. Pickups sound great, but the bridge seemed a little quiet so I've raised it a bit with some ghetto shims. Pickup selector switch feels kind of stiff but I'm not planning to change it unless it breaks.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Col.Kiwi posted:

I think he meant if you think being in that place normally sucks wait until you see how much it sucks to be in there along with everyone in your city
Yeah I got the gist, just sayin' I have no need to see how bad it can get.

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

dizzywhip fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krisis
Oct 25, 2003

i have a light case of asparagus.

Dr.Mosh posted:

aww, isn't she nice!

it goes great with this:

I demand samples!

Also, I agree with stux.