Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Mr.Wiggles posted:

What the hell kind of job requires you to have an x360 at your side?!

I want it.
One where you make videogames? I should have a PS3 as well but they're in shorter supply at work so one is being ordered...I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

real_scud posted:

One where you make videogames? I should have a PS3 as well but they're in shorter supply at work so one is being ordered...I hope.

I said to myself - don't ask that question, because you know the answer will be totally obvious and bite you in the rear end. I asked it anyways.

Where do you work? And what as?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Mr.Wiggles posted:

I said to myself - don't ask that question, because you know the answer will be totally obvious and bite you in the rear end. I asked it anyways.

Where do you work? And what as?
Work at EA Tiburon doing UI scripting for the next-gen Tiger series. I've only been there a month, but it's loving fabulously fun.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

real_scud posted:

Work at EA Tiburon doing UI scripting for the next-gen Tiger series. I've only been there a month, but it's loving fabulously fun.

Sounds ace. My old flatmate/friend has recently nailed a job at Curve Studios in London, the people who worked on the Buzz series.. He loves it, the talented bastard.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

real_scud posted:

Ask them why the gently caress putting in Tiger Woods 09 for the Wii is so incredibly lovely.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

real_scud posted:

Taken with the iPhone so it's a bit poo poo quality-wise, but just started a new job and of course have a new desk that I've since decorated appropriately.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Two monitors with silver edges are some older Dell's and the black one is a completely crap Dell that gets burn-in within minutes of it turning on but apparently we don't have any extras to spare.

edit: Oh and yes that's an Aeron chair, and I don't care what anyone says. For a chair that costs $1000 it sure as poo poo isn't that comfortable, and yes I've tried to adjust it to suit me better.

I'm liking the flag.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Ask them why the gently caress putting in Tiger Woods 09 for the Wii is so incredibly lovely.
I don't know, but I think so too. I honestly can't play Tiger on the Wii because trying to do any kind of mid-range shot is damned near impossible.

wicka posted:

I'm liking the flag.
:hfive:

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

real_scud posted:

Oh snap, my friend works there on Tiger Woods too! His name is Jose Caban.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

advion posted:

How hard is it to work with that depth of field every day? :iamafag:

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can't find a camera so here's a webcam shot

It all looks a bit bluer than it really is (except for the mouse and keyboard).

10000lbsofbananas
Jan 3, 2005

Not for consumption.

advion posted:

poo poo, a D3. Nice.
My desk is going to look exactly like yours after I order my macbook pro. Clean.

Z
Jun 25, 2002

I have yet to find a way of taking a picture of my work desk that doesn't make the entire office look horribly cluttered. Possibly because the entire office is horribly cluttered.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Mugmoor posted:

This looks disgusting... and really uncomfortable.

Living like poo poo anyone?

150 dollar keyboard in a dingy disgusting apartment, goon spotted

DJ Biscuit
Oct 5, 2008
My desk area is a complete and utter mess,

Z
Jun 25, 2002

real_scud posted:

edit: Oh and yes that's an Aeron chair, and I don't care what anyone says. For a chair that costs $1000 it sure as poo poo isn't that comfortable, and yes I've tried to adjust it to suit me better.

You know, I like my Aeron, and I'm sure it's good for my posture, but I agree. If I'd paid full price for it I would be pretty disappointed.

Beats the hell out of my old Office Max chair though.

Dongsmith
Apr 12, 2007

CLANG THUD SPLUT

DJ Biscuit posted:

My desk area is a complete and utter mess,

You need to upgrade your monitors so they have parity with your speakers.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

ATwoSlotToaster posted:

I like your idea for little (cloth?) coasters. What exactly is that?

I bought them at the local supermarket. They're just square cotton coasters. Oh, and one of them is on an old CD coaster, which consists of the clear CD you get at the top of a stack of CD-Rs, with rubber feet under it.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 3, 2008

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Merry Christmas you faggots

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
here's mine, pardon the steam update window. I just got finished with reformatting and reinstalling everything because my anti-virus decided to stop updating without giving a me a single status update or error for about 7 months before I tried reinstalling it. By then, it was too late.

Edit: above me there, much love for the Cheddar Cheese flavored Maruchan instant noodle soup mix thing. Those kick rear end. They kinda make you wanna die after a couple months of living off them out of sheer poverty, though.

repeating fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 3, 2008

Weedle
May 31, 2006

repeating posted:

Edit: above me there, much love for the Cheddar Cheese flavored Maruchan instant noodle soup mix thing. Those kick rear end. They kinda make you wanna die after a couple months of living off them out of sheer poverty, though.

That sounds really good but I am afraid I would instantly gain 200 pounds when I took a bite

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

repeating posted:

here's mine, pardon the steam update window. I just got finished with reformatting and reinstalling everything because my anti-virus decided to stop updating without giving a me a single status update or error for about 7 months before I tried reinstalling it. By then, it was too late.

Actual desktops. Not computer desktops!

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Actual desktops. Not computer desktops!

Oh noes. I was thinking "actual desktops" as opposed to "wallpaper images". My bad.

Here you go:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

repeating posted:

They're just regular chicken flavored. Chedder Cheese noodle soup sounds like the goon friendlist snack ever.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Peven Stan posted:

They're just regular chicken flavored. Chedder Cheese noodle soup sounds like the goon friendlist snack ever.

I dunno. I've tried the Cheddar Cheese Maruchan noodle boxes and it's like ramen in runny cheese water. It's pretty awful - stick with regular mac & cheese. Whatever that is in your picture looks different from what I had, though.

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

Note to self: Do not shove foreign objects in mouth.
Desktop 'area':

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
How do you guys live with nothing but a keyboard and mouse on the desk, and a bare white wall behind it? Is the rest of your house/apartment like that with absolutely nothing on it? I feel like you guys are robots.

^^^ I have that same amp!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Super Dude posted:

How do you guys live with nothing but a keyboard and mouse on the desk, and a bare white wall behind it? Is the rest of your house/apartment like that with absolutely nothing on it? I feel like you guys are robots.

^^^ I have that same amp!

It's actually a really nice, clean feeling to have only a few things out at any time, and everything else put away where you can get it when you need it.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Rock Tumbler posted:

It's actually a really nice, clean feeling to have only a few things out at any time, and everything else put away where you can get it when you need it.

Maybe it's because I'm at school, but I always have some textbooks and scratch paper ready on my desk. Sure, I could put the books away, but when I'm constantly using them many times every day, it would get annoying.

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

Tap posted:

Desktop 'area':

Where did you get that desk and how much did it cost?

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

qlat posted:

It's my former roomates desk, therefore I do not have accurate answers to either part of the query.

Edit: Found it.

http://www.computerdesk.com/Futura-L-Shaped-Workstation-p/st60575.htm

I think he got it at staples or office max for a lot cheaper though.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

qlat posted:

Don't do it. Glass desktops are the worst... unless you're ready for daily dusting :(

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

BiRD BoY posted:

Don't do it. Glass desktops are the worst... unless you're ready for daily dusting :(

I sweat a lot from my hands and gross dirt/mush built up on the desk and I was pretty much tired of it so I got a cheapo wood desk.

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

BiRD BoY posted:

I can understand fingerprints and what not getting on the glass, but are you saying that glass desks attract more dust? :confused:

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

qlat posted:

I can understand fingerprints and what not getting on the glass, but are you saying that glass desks attract more dust? :confused:

I think he means it's much more visible.

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

Cizzo posted:

I think he means it's much more visible.
Ah well, even in that case...it'll force you to dust things more regularly so that you don't have a thick layer develop unooticed.

Right? :( And more specifically...

Tap posted:

It's my former roomates desk, therefore I do not have accurate answers to either part of the query.
How long have you been using it and how do you/did he like it?

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

qlat posted:

Ah well, even in that case...it'll force you to dust things more regularly so that you don't have a thick layer develop unooticed.

Right? :( And more specifically...

How long have you been using it and how do you/did he like it?

I absolutely love it. Tons of space and it's a pretty looking desk. Only problem is I have wires all over the place so it's not really a 'clean look'. I do wipe it down about once a week, but the dust isn't THAT noticeable.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE

Tap posted:

Desktop 'area':

Beautiful. I also use a glass desk. Agreed about the wires...I never really figured out a great way of hiding them. Eventually I just bundled them together for the greatest length possible and wrapped white paper around them to match the wall they are against.

Anyway, is that a Hackintosh?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

hobolooter posted:

live on campus in a pretty decent apartment.

taken at night so not the best quality, but i like my setup... works really well for me. when i'm developing i make the linux vm go dual monitors and its loving sexy.

where do you go to school? i live off campus at penn state but i have the same weird emergency button and it looks like the same blinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobolooter
Dec 25, 2006

cr0y posted:

where do you go to school? i live off campus at penn state but i have the same weird emergency button and it looks like the same blinds.

RIT, where Rape is Inevitably Tried.