Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fred
Jun 14, 2000
New display. :cool:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Dr. Fred posted:

New display. :cool:
I hate you.

TraceTheory
Jun 14, 2008

by angerbotSD

yes, i do have 3 360s, and 5 cell phones

hobolooter
Dec 25, 2006

TraceTheory posted:

wtf man, you took a picture of your desktop and left the good stuff out??? I wanna see that mac! :cool:

also from the looks of it you are living in the most poo poo.

TraceTheory
Jun 14, 2008

by angerbotSD

hobolooter posted:

wtf man, you took a picture of your desktop and left the good stuff out??? I wanna see that mac! :cool:

I could not back up any further, wall :(

but here is another angle

nail
Jul 15, 2005

hobolooter posted:

Is there some way other than size and black border on the later models in which one flat panel iMac looks different from another?

quote:

I'd give that to nobunny. But anyway, who cares? Why can't people accept that some live differently than they do? If this is a joke, it's really tired. It was by page 2. "Living like poo poo" isn't like being a neonazi or immensely stupid and it doesn't need to be incessantly harped on.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums

TraceTheory posted:

Why don't you sell some of the Xboxes and get a screen or TV that is remotely good :S

TraceTheory
Jun 14, 2008

by angerbotSD

haywire posted:

Why don't you sell some of the Xboxes and get a screen or TV that is remotely good :S
I have the cash... just can't decide which one I want D:

I'm leaning towards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005109

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

TraceTheory posted:

But why? I guess I could understand the 360s, but why do you have 5 cell phones?

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

Note to self: Do not shove foreign objects in mouth.

Azzmo posted:

Beautiful. I also use a glass desk. Agreed about the wires...I never really figured out a great way of hiding them. Eventually I just bundled them together for the greatest length possible and wrapped white paper around them to match the wall they are against.

Anyway, is that a Hackintosh?

HAHA, no it's not, I just put stickers on both of the desktops because I have a massive amount of Apple products (iPod classic, Nano (gone), iPhone, MacBook Pro). One of the desktops has XP and the other on has Ubuntu.

hobolooter
Dec 25, 2006

hyperborean posted:

I'd give that to nobunny. But anyway, who cares? Why can't people accept that some live differently than they do? If this is a joke, it's really tired. It was by page 2. "Living like poo poo" isn't like being a neonazi or immensely stupid and it doesn't need to be incessantly harped on.

It was a joke... it just died out somewheres in the middle of the thread and I decided to bring it back. No hard feelings to TraceTheory.

We're taking photos our desktops, I just figured people would rather see a new Mac than some old CRT.

Then again whatever, you are just being an argumentative grouch. :colbert:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

TraceTheory posted:

Really, you had to point out that one of your 360's is modded? There's no homebrew community for it at this point, and so you're basically screaming to the forums that you're a pirate. The piracy isn't even the big issue for me, it's the stupidity of screaming from the mountaintop about it that I'm bothered by.

TraceTheory
Jun 14, 2008

by angerbotSD

Super Dude posted:

But why? I guess I could understand the 360s, but why do you have 5 cell phones?

Well, the enV verizon never took back when the scrapped my old phone and gave me the enV2, the blackjack is a friends which im fixing for him (needs a new power button, his fell off), the e815 is my backup phone, the i760 is my current phone, and I'm selling the enV2... I have more, but they were just not on my desk at the moment.

edit: Also, no homebrew community? What are you talking about? I know for a fact there is because me and a few friends were some of the first in it...

TraceTheory fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 5, 2008

advion
Jul 25, 2005

rubbersoul posted:

How hard is it to work with that depth of field every day? :iamafag:

I get lost quite often, makes working with photos and text and royal pain in the rear end.

Kovner
Mar 22, 2003

He LITERALLY grew wings and ascended to heaven where God blessed him with this God-like defense-burning capability.
I was thinking about getting the Ikea Galant, but I remember reading somewhere that the consensus is either the T legs are universally better or the V legs or universally better, but I don't remember which.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

this is my desktop. it has lots of poo poo on it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Not pictured: Bluetooth mouse off to the side

Chopper
Feb 13, 2006

Click for full size.

Moved into a new flat - this is the new "office"!

Samsung 40" Series 7 \w Surround Sound receiver, Sky+ and Xbox 360.
Xmas Tree :v:
Sony Vaio 13" Laptop

Glass of red.

Chopper fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 6, 2008

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Kovner posted:

I was thinking about getting the Ikea Galant, but I remember reading somewhere that the consensus is either the T legs are universally better or the V legs or universally better, but I don't remember which.

I think it's purely an aesthetic decision. When I was looking at the floor models they both looked nice and seemed sturdy.

Personally, I chose the T legs. It seemed like they would be less in the way if I swivel my chair, and I personally think they look better. If you get the T legs, when you are attaching them just make sure that they are on straight; somehow, one of mine ended up slightly crooked.

halonx
May 4, 2005

Here is my desk from my job at a local Internet Provider:

Here's my desk at my next job:

My home desk at my old house:

My current desk at home, my basement is unfinished:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

ErIog posted:

Really, you had to point out that one of your 360's is modded? There's no homebrew community for it at this point, and so you're basically screaming to the forums that you're a pirate. The piracy isn't even the big issue for me, it's the stupidity of screaming from the mountaintop about it that I'm bothered by.

My favorite thing about 360 pirates is everyone I know who bootlegs has gone through or owns 3-4 360s. Why not spend the money on games instead?

TraceTheory
Jun 14, 2008

by angerbotSD

Corbet posted:

My favorite thing about 360 pirates is everyone I know who bootlegs has gone through or owns 3-4 360s. Why not spend the money on games instead?

I'm still on my first. And uh $60 per game or $200 for an 360? I mean if you're only going to be playing 3 games then I can see your point, but if not..

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

halonx posted:

My current desk at home, my basement is unfinished:

Is that the Winamp classic skin on the right side of your monitor? If so, :cheers:

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I think sitting about 3 feet from a 30" 1920x1080 is ideal.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

halonx
May 4, 2005

qlat posted:

Is that the Winamp classic skin on the right side of your monitor? If so, :cheers:

Hell yeah. I don't get too fancy with my mp3 players. I just need something that can play mp3s.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

ErIog posted:

I play NES games on my 360.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Finally relocated with the extra desk and living less like poo poo. Must be 5 loving miles of cables back there though (10.2 surround = way too many drat wires). :sweatdrop:

Click here for the full 1400x1003 image.

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001
Someone tell me if this is too many pictures.

Desk 1. Note the Cisco phone

Desk 2. Where are the computers?

Follow the cables

There they are!

Equipment. I've got a mixer to mix the audio from my two computers and a Cisco 871 router to connect to work.

At night we go into stealth mode