Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

This doesn't look like it's going to end well...

I've seen this a number of times. Anyone ever seen any "after" shots from the lowside in progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Boat posted:

I've seen this a number of times. Anyone ever seen any "after" shots from the lowside in progress?

No, but the guy and his passenger were ok with minor injuries, amazingly.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn
I really don't get how people can ride aggressively 2up like that. The handling is absolutely atrocious with passengers on my f4i.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

ail posted:

I really don't get how people can ride aggressively 2up like that.

Judging by the picture you can't :haw:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

frozenphil posted:

My Mustang has some company at the shop. :3:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Dude basically stole this thing. $7500 OTD for an '08 GT1000 with the termignoni exhaust and Ducati tank bag, tank protector, and rear bag. Only 20 miles on it too.

I hope he didn't pay for that awful tank cover. Take that crap off ASAP.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

n8r posted:

I hope he didn't pay for that awful tank cover. Take that crap off ASAP.

He doesn't give a poo poo about scratches because he never removes the cover. It's got handy quick release clips for his tank bag too. I tried talking him out of it, but he doesn't care.

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHubAA5ZgM

I want to do this to a Yamaha Virago 250, well except for the handlebars pointing to the road.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Series...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well good thing she had gloves on

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Arai Helmets and flipflops?

What the gently caress.

free bowl of soup
Jan 14, 2004

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you can see her foot coming off the left peg to "break" her fall but i have a feeling she "broke" every bone in her leg.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

TheFonz posted:

What the gently caress.

Click here for the full 550x693 image.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

TheFonz posted:

What the gently caress.

Classic example of "more money than brains"

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

free bowl of soup posted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you can see her foot coming off the left peg to "break" her fall but i have a feeling she "broke" every bone in her leg.

Z3n posted:

No, but the guy and his passenger were ok with minor injuries, amazingly.

Lowsides honestly aren't that bad, though their lack of gear does make me cringe.

I had a lowside similar to that about 2 weeks ago at the track. I walked away without so much as a bruise - I was wearing a full set of armoured leathers though.

When your knee is already down on the track, a lowside is only a 40cm fall onto the ground. It's the sliding that can hurt, especially if you subsequently hit something. Great thing about keeping those shenanigans to the racetrack is that there's nothing around to hit.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

FlyinDoc posted:

Great thing about keeping those shenanigans to the racetrack is that there's nothing around to hit.

Except those pesky walls

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

redscare posted:

Except those pesky walls

Speaking of pesky walls, airfence be damned, jesus christ T10 at infineon. Who thought that poo poo was a good idea? Yes, 100+mph corner, with all of 30 feet of runoff. I wish I had run video at my last trackday to show exactly how nuts it is.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 11, 2008

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

FlyinDoc posted:

Lowsides honestly aren't that bad, though their lack of gear does make me cringe.

I had a lowside similar to that about 2 weeks ago at the track. I walked away without so much as a bruise - I was wearing a full set of armoured leathers though.

When your knee is already down on the track, a lowside is only a 40cm fall onto the ground. It's the sliding that can hurt, especially if you subsequently hit something. Great thing about keeping those shenanigans to the racetrack is that there's nothing around to hit.

I think it's the sliding that everyone is crinigning at. From what I understand, at a 30mph spill cotton material (like a t-shirt and jeans) kind of just evaporates after about 10 feet. And the girl is wearing a pair of daisy dukes and a tank top, so she doesn't even have that little bit of protection over most of her body.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't find 30mph spills to be that bad, I've fallen a bit more times than the norm for AI and I've noticed that in 30mph and less falls there's like 3 places that will always scrape when wearing not much gear and lowsiding: elbows, knees and knuckles, anything more and you fell going too fast :)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Click here for the full 590x671 image.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

I think the most noticeable thing about that image is the two deflated tires.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly
:wtc:

ReggieCelsius fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 12, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ReggieCelsius posted:

So is that like a 3:1 scale bike, or an extremely tiny woman?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ReggieCelsius posted:

It's even better from the front. Like riding a frightened Autobot:

Click here for the full 520x781 image.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

ReggieCelsius posted:

Is this just a render, or is Neo-Tokyo about to E-X-P-L-O-D-E?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I'd totally ride that big loving bike.

picture thread...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
An excellent example for the dumb asses that refuse to wear full face helmets.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

mutt2jeff posted:

An excellent example for the dumb asses that refuse to wear full face helmets.

True, but just think of the opportunity to market helmets with a sunroof thanks to that picture! :v:

FakeEdit:I realize that would probably compromise the structural soundness and all.

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly
speaking of helmets. ..

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Oh man, I've been those guys. :(

Popped a tire once too, and got pulled over another time. No helmets of course. Teenagers are dumb.

It was even a Spree too, the retard's scooter of choice along with the Razz, which I also had at one point.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

I took these on a trip to North Carolina. Drove past that intersection about a half-hour later, and they were being frisked by the cops. Drunk, I guess, at about 10 in the morning.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35168

Dec 12, 2008, ©Copyright 2008, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

From a press release issued by Discovery Communications

HD THEATER TAKES TO THE ROAD WITH TWIST THE THROTTLE,
AN EIGHT-PART SERIES EXPLORING SOME OF
THE GREATEST MOTORCYCLE BRANDS IN THE WORLD

– Original Turbo.com Broadband Series Makes Its Television Debut
with New Footage on HD Theater Starting Monday, January 5 –

Can be viewed here:

http://turbo.discovery.com/beyond/?playerId=245988601&categoryId=1418496841&lineupId=1454906888

The announcer is a bit...over the top, but it's interesting.

Features are:

Honda
Ducati
Yamaha
Bimota
BMW
Kawasaki
MV Agusta
Suzuki
Alpinestars

No HD. :xd:

Edit:

Also cool: http://www.speedperformanceawards.com/vote.php?cat=8&video_id=31

2 Red Bull Rookies cup riders leaning on one another across the finish line. Badass.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 13, 2008

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

ReggieCelsius posted:

speaking of helmets. ..
nothing beats rossi's

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

rope kid posted:

nothing beats rossi's

I'm trying and failing miserably to find images of the helmets from the motorcycle goons from the beginning of Batman Returns. I just keep finding pictures of the giant-wheeled motorcycle thing from the Dark Knight. :mad:

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

redscare posted:

Except those pesky walls

Point taken, I guess runoff is an issue at some tracks. One of the tracks around here only allows bikes to use it in one direction, for precisely that reason.

Gr3y posted:

I think it's the sliding that everyone is crinigning at. From what I understand, at a 30mph spill cotton material (like a t-shirt and jeans) kind of just evaporates after about 10 feet. And the girl is wearing a pair of daisy dukes and a tank top, so she doesn't even have that little bit of protection over most of her body.

I was talking more about the "bet she broked all her bones" comments. I should probably have said "lowsides aren't that bad, IF you have decent gear on".

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

rope kid posted:

nothing beats rossi's

Now you can own your very own.

http://www.agv.it/prodotto.asp?Id_Prodotto=226&Id_Grafica=355&Id_FotoGrafica=718

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Now you can own your very own.

http://www.agv.it/prodotto.asp?Id_Prodotto=226&Id_Grafica=355&Id_FotoGrafica=718

Only doing 500 of each size. Good luck getting your hand on one.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Only doing 500 of each size. Good luck getting your hand on one.

It was only funny once anyway, sort of like an image macro. If I saw one on the street I'd just roll my eyes.

Net Boners
Mar 2, 2002

did you go to town with hot wheel tracks, Joan Quinn?

Z3n posted:

http://turbo.discovery.com/beyond/?playerId=245988601&categoryId=1418496841&lineupId=1454906888

The announcer is a bit...over the top, but it's interesting.

Cool videos, but if I have to hear the announcer say "Twist of the throttle!" one more time I'll kill myself (on a motorcycle, by twisting the throttle until I drive off a cliff).

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

ReggieCelsius posted:

speaking of helmets. ..

Holy gently caress that nearly made me piss myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

Handiklap posted:

Holy gently caress that nearly made me piss myself.

The best part of that picture is the dog being totally nonplussed about the whole thing. Just kinda... Hey what's going on over here? You going to eat that again?