Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Smirk posted:

Oh, there's no question about it - that paint scheme is :krad:

Hah, at first I was like. "Oh man, purple? Nothin' wrong with a little 80s flare!"

But it is really purple and pink. But I don't mind because it's a sweet bike and the paint scheme is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
Spartak: that CB250 is beautiful.

Here are my three motorcycles. Okay, they're mopeds.

Click here for the full 700x525 image.

Purple 1997 Kinetic TFR.
Black 1999 Kinetic TFR.
Red 1982 Honda PA50II (Hobbit/Camino).

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
No one with a present shaped suspiciously like a motorcycle under their tree?

Tiglath III
Feb 25, 2005
My early present is a small project. 1988 GSXR-400. She does'nt look much at the moment but she's in really great shape.

I was looking for a project earlier in the year, and was put in touch with someone local who had a few bikes that were all stored (poorly) in an old farm outbuilding.
When I saw this I wanted it, though it waas'nt for sale.

Eventually, with the lack of cash this year, the owner reluctantly decided to sell it, and at an extremely low price. She is a runner, just needs a couple of parts and a major clean up, not bad for a twenty year old bike. Merry Christmas everyone.

Ignore my unloved RGV250 in the background :smith:

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.

Zool posted:

No one with a present shaped suspiciously like a motorcycle under their tree?

No.
:flaccid:

Farts on Skype
Apr 2, 2005

hedgiejugglr posted:

Just found this forum and figured I should post pictures of my baby. I've seen quite a few of them in this thread and I will say that it has been an excellent first bike for me. It has a good sitting position which allows me to make couple hundred mile trips in a day without an issue.

Sup blue '07 Ninja 650 buddy?

Planning on any mods? I'd recommend some frame sliders, though if you go with R&G sliders beware that you'll need a dremel as the left fairing mount is sort of in the way.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Tiglath III posted:

That's a goddamn nice little bike. Every time someone posts a nice >500cc sport bike on here, I curse the NA market for never wholeheartedly embracing (or legislating) such bikes.

:love: dual s/s round headlights.

Silky Thighs
Aug 30, 2005

2002 ZX6R, 12k miles got it for 3 grand with jacket/gloves and another helmet included.

I gotta replace the back tire, and take out the thing above it cause i don't like it. It's got a lot of other custom stuff on it.

The previous owner dumped it once, but only on grass.

Pictures seemed to have lost some quality after being uploaded..it's very shiny and looks new.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dont think I've ever seen all-silver comstars before, that looks pretty good.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

I dont think I've ever seen all-silver comstars before, that looks pretty good.

You talkin' about the CB250 from a page back? The aluminum comstars were supposed to be the normal ones, but I see the reverse (black) comstars maybe 10x as often. I also like aluminum comstars :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, I missed that there was another page, whoops

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

hedgiejugglr posted:

There I am sitting on my baby the day he came home with me.

Know how I know you're gay?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Silver posted:

Know how I know you're gay?

Because you're notorious for kissing and telling?

Modern Vagina
Oct 11, 2004

Who wants chowder?
Merry Christmas, self. I got a 1972 CB350, 10k miles. The spokes have a light rust coating and the paint is slightly discolored, but besides that it's in good shape.

Pictures taken at the start of a Christmas Day ride on Old San Jose Rd.

It's not nearly as quick or as precise as my SV, but boy is it fun to ride. It gets more looks/waves as well.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
drat, your seat is good shape. How much was it, if you don't mind my asking.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That is awesome. I really need to get on restoring the 75 CB200 that my friends play around on...

Modern Vagina
Oct 11, 2004

Who wants chowder?

100 Years in Iraq posted:

drat, your seat is good shape. How much was it, if you don't mind my asking.

$2k from some guy in SF. The bike sat in a garage for decades before the previous owner bought it and restored it.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Modern Vagina posted:

Merry Christmas, self. I got a 1972 CB350, 10k miles. The spokes have a light rust coating and the paint is slightly discolored, but besides that it's in good shape.

Pictures taken at the start of a Christmas Day ride on Old San Jose Rd.

It's not nearly as quick or as precise as my SV, but boy is it fun to ride. It gets more looks/waves as well.
I love all of these old Honda twins. They're pretty easy to work on, even for a n00b like me. Good find.

glassbottle
Aug 15, 2003
Witty one-liner.

My 650 Vstar custom. 1.2k miles, love it to death.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Spartak posted:

The '84 CB250N. Finally got some photos of it:

Gorgeous bike, looks like a blast :)

hedgiejugglr
Feb 18, 2007

Farts on Skype posted:

Sup blue '07 Ninja 650 buddy?

Planning on any mods? I'd recommend some frame sliders, though if you go with R&G sliders beware that you'll need a dremel as the left fairing mount is sort of in the way.

Only mod I'm planning on is getting some heated grips put on it. It's not getting much love right now due the cold and the fact that I'm looking at a BMW 1200RT.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Silky Thighs posted:

2002 ZX6R, 12k miles got it for 3 grand with jacket/gloves and another helmet included.

I gotta replace the back tire, and take out the thing above it cause i don't like it. It's got a lot of other custom stuff on it.

The previous owner dumped it once, but only on grass.

Pictures seemed to have lost some quality after being uploaded..it's very shiny and looks new.

Nice looking bike, I'm liking the color scheme there.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
My SV 1000 now (with me on it):

My friend, who thinks sport bikes are "gay", laughingly said I looked like the dude from the movie Akira trying to insult me. I watched the movie last night for the first time and honestly he looks loving awesome and I feel honored:

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 2, 2009

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
In lieu of me actually getting decent pictures of my new bike (I lack a camera and thus am limited to what pictures my friends decide are adequate), here's a couple of pictures of me being an rear end whilst moving bikes around.

For the record, I'm 6'4", stood on the curb, it's a '93 Honda CB400 Super Four and I actually wear kit when I'm riding. I ought to have more pictures coming, when I get them emailed to me or else I twist someone's arm during the megre hours of daylight.

Keanu Reeves
Jan 2, 2009

by Fragmaster
Anyone who would actually want to ride the Akira bike and be seen on it also thinks the yamaha morphous is a great motorcycle.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Keanu Reeves posted:

Anyone who would actually want to ride the Akira bike and be seen on it also thinks the yamaha morphous is a great motorcycle.

haha, I was thinking the red bike from the movie looked like a scooter. I also thought when they went 150km/h head on in that one scene it was pretty slow. That's under 100mph.

But the bike is pretty sick looking for a scooter, and it shifts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you dont think the Akira bike is rad, you have no soul.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
On the Akira bike....what's the other side of the swingarm look like? Is it some sort of crazy SSA?

Also, it would have the most relaxed steering geometry ever, unless the bars somehow dropped way down into the frame and then rose up. I always wanted an akira replica bike :(

Same with Fenrir from FF.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Here's a whole article about the bike and real life replicas.

http://www.burningart.com/meico/moto/akira/

Probably the only thing that actually looks as good as something from an anime.

Edit: Although it looks like a poor design since you lean back, instead of leaning forward. How could you corner with that thing?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 3, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Jack, Honda's got you covered. Well, sorta.

Click here for more redness.

AKMOTOGP
Jan 4, 2009
Here we go:

wife on 250r (sold now)

wife on the zzr600 (her bike this year)

Maxim 2 (Maxim 1 in background)

Maxim 1 the day I got it

My new 2002 TL1000R

The stable.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Simkin posted:

Jack, Honda's got you covered. Well, sorta.

Click here for more redness.

They ride surprisingly well apparently. Still would prefer to be caught riding a Kawasaki than ever be seen anywhere near a DN-01 :barf:

I don't really care what my bike looks like, but I've still got to be able not to vomit inside my helmet as I'm getting on it. The DN-01 is definitely uglier than the Bimota Mantra. That, and it's an a pretend automatic.

Automatic bikes are retarded.

Bimota Mantra

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Here is my 06 SV. Just picked up a Digital Rebel and these are the first shots I took.

I have a lot to learn =/

Click here for the full 533x800 image.

Click here for the full 533x800 image.

Cold engine. Crappy reflexes. It stalled out in the parking lot and flopped over breaking the turn signal and leaving this.

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

^^^^^
I came close as hell to getting on of those last month. Maybe next time.

I'm glad I started lurking here before looking around for a biek. I would have bought something way out of my league. Can't wait for spring. Thanks, SA!
P.S. I need an owners and a service manual. Does anybody have an opinion about cyclepedia.com?

elsanto fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 9, 2009

Digital Ebola
Jun 1, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Greetings!

Texas person here... I thought I would stop lurking and post up!

http://wintermute.legions.org/TD-OCT5-2008/digi-oct52008-5.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 5, 2009

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
Ready for a change of pace?

I picked up this 1982 Goldwing GL1100 Aspencade for $350 this afternoon. It's a bit rough but it goes, stops, shifts and turns. Most of the electrics, including the radio and compressor for the air suspension, work. It will need new fork seals and I plan to look into things like adjusting the valves, replacing the timing belt and cleaning the carbs post haste. Oil, filter, antifreeze, tires, etc are also on the list.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

I'm not sure how keen I am on the fairing and luggage. I spent last night drooling over the gallery at nakedgoldwings.com, so the idea of selling off the plastic bits has certainly crossed my mind. I'm mainly in this for the boxer motor, and the fact that I fell in love with a Goldwing when I was about 5, in the parking lot of Nepenthe in Big Sur.

This is my fourth bike, and my driveway is getting crowded. Not to mention my wife has been furious pretty much all day. Oh well, I knew what I was signing up for...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

AKMOTOGP posted:

Here we go:

wife on 250r (sold now)
is that jacket armored? don't you care about your wife's elbows? you heartless bastard.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh California. Lane splitting and year round riding? Yes please. What you can't see is the bitchin' sunset. Or the neon purple and pink paint job. drat cell phone cameras.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 20, 2009

hedgiejugglr
Feb 18, 2007

Christoff posted:

Oh California. Lane splitting and year round riding? Yes please. What you can't see is the bitchin' sunset. Or the neon purple and pink paint job. drat cell phone cameras.

Not that lane splitting is legal here in Oregon, but the mere idea of it is rather frightening. There is too great a chance someone won't see you and change lanes into you or catching a review mirror to the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hedgiejugglr posted:

Not that lane splitting is legal here in Oregon, but the mere idea of it is rather frightening. There is too great a chance someone won't see you and change lanes into you or catching a review mirror to the face.

I only do it at stop lights and such when I want to get to the front. It's not like I'm going 80 on the freeway cutting through lanes full of cars. (Although some people do)