Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Renwick Customer posted:

I don't know how old it is, but there once was a thread in which someone posted a lot in it. Now this person had a picture released which was of his face pulling a stupid pose.

The thread suddendly had a mod change almost all of his posts to this picture of his face, with him even posting 'wtf is going on' or something to that effect.

Could someone who knows please post it? I thought it was funny as hell but can't really remember any of it. Thanks

Does noone remember this at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Renwick Customer posted:

Does noone remember this at all?

I kinda do. Try either the Goldmine or the Helldump Success stories. It was about some video game comedy website that the guy created and no one liked it, so he went all meltdown and the thread almost instantly became "Photoshop His Face". I can't remember the title, but the guys face was the OP, so it was something like "Hey everyone check out my website" or something like that. Sorry.

Ricky Christ
May 21, 2004

It's my name, it's my game.
Alright, this is going to be a tough one. About 3-4 years ago somebody posted a short clip of some random budget horror movie they found at a gas station. All I remember was a segment where a young "gangsta thug" was being interrogated by two cops. One of the cops asked him "Okay, so what was going on at this .. quote unquote 'happenin' party of yours". The thug had a really nerdy voice that wasn't at all intimidating. He described the party as something like "guys gettin' with girls, girls gettin' with guys. same old drama". It then cut to a flashback of the murder from the killer's point of view, walking up to some guy and stabbing him, leading to an overly long and dramatic death.

I have no idea if anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about. But I swear the video is way more hilarious than I'm describing.

ThePiousFlea
Dec 21, 2004
Someone Else

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I kinda do. Try either the Goldmine or the Helldump Success stories. It was about some video game comedy website that the guy created and no one liked it, so he went all meltdown and the thread almost instantly became "Photoshop His Face". I can't remember the title, but the guys face was the OP, so it was something like "Hey everyone check out my website" or something like that. Sorry.

This might help narrow a search - it was a guy from a website called "Best drat Podcast Ever" or words to that effect and the podcast in question was about him and his friend playing Gears of War.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

ThePiousFlea posted:

This might help narrow a search - it was a guy from a website called "Best drat Podcast Ever" or words to that effect and the podcast in question was about him and his friend playing Gears of War.

THANKYOU

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2252034&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

That thread was amazing.

Synthosaurus
May 8, 2007

Slurpee_E posted:

Do you mean this animated short based on a Ray Bradbury story?

Yes! That's the one! Thank you so much, I've been looking for it for a while now :)

softcorps
May 25, 2005

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
I'd be highly surprised if anyone knew this one. Conversely, if someone manages to find it quickly, I may have to flog myself.

Back in the day, I downloaded this game off of some BBS with a 2400 bps modem. It was simply called dungeons.exe and ran just fine on my robust 386SX-20. I thought it was quite revolutionary at the time. It was like all those Roguelike endless dungeon crawlers, except this was a real-time game. Dungeons.exe was displayed completely in ASCII and those extended character blocks. Movement speed was affected by encumbrance and the type of terrain you were walking over (like swamps). The environment could be affected in real-time, like breaking down secret walls or setting the cave moss ablaze with your lantern, which in turn spread and had the danger of damaging you just as easily it would the enemies. You could also equip weapons like flails and spears to be able to attack enemies from multiple squares away. It was almost like an ASCII Diablo game.

Anyone ever play this? All my 3.5" floppies back home are wiped at this point, and I can't seem to find this generically-named game anywhere on the internet, if someone does indeed still retain a copy. The game wasn't more than a few hundred KB.

\/\/\/ Jesus Christ, what the hell is that. It was hilarious at first but after a while it was seriously starting to scare me. The reference to Lovecraft is surprisingly accurate.

softcorps fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 29, 2008

blazelust
Oct 21, 2008

viceman posted:

Years ago, there was a station on the original MP3.com that listed the "100 Worst Songs of All Time." One of the songs listed was called "Prit Stik" by the band of the same name. It was, without a doubt, the most compellingly horrible piece of recorded music I had ever heard. I've searched for this song in vain for years, but the band has of course long since disappeared.

I'm not sure why I want to hear it again, other than to say that it's the same morbid compulsion that makes me click on links that say, "If you value your sanity, do not click this link."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsXFrUvMFk&yt

I hope you're aware of what I suffered through for your sake.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

blazelust posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsXFrUvMFk&yt

I hope you're aware of what I suffered through for your sake.

You know how in HP Lovecraft stories, he often reffers to things so horrible that they are beyond words, and how seeing them would make even the sanest, most well balanced human turn into a writhing mass of insanity and neuroses? This is the audio version of that. Especially the "drum solo." This is what the chanting of Cthulhu cults would sound like.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

coyo7e posted:

There used to be a website named cat-scan, which was quite simply peolpe putting their cats onto flatbed scanners. Apparently the PETA people started threatening to firebomb the guy or something, but I'd love to see those silly pictures of cats' feet again. :(

It was cat-scan.com Sadly it looks like even the internet archive didn't retain any of the pictures.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
There was two videos on youtube, the first was one of those animatronic bands with a gorilla at the front singing New Ms. Booty by Bubba Sparks. The other was an animatronic bear singing Hey There Delilah.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
Here's an oldie I'm looking for: a flash video called "Slöshed," by Ben Apgar from his website https://www.512productions.com. This is the same author who produced the legendary Lobster Magnet video (which you can find easily).

Unfortunately, the website disappeared years ago, and today you can't find anything besides Lobster Magnet.

All I remember about the video is that the tagline was :

Slöshed: Drink The Taste!

Anyone have a copy of this ancient wonder?

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

JD posted:

There was two videos on youtube
There were two videos on youtube. :eng101:

But to be helpful, the animatronic band is called "The Rockafire Explosion" and is found at "Showbiz Pizza Place" restaurants.

Projectile
Jun 25, 2003
about a year ago someone posted video of the worst horror movie moments, and one of these moments went something like this:

A guy walks into a bar with the decapitated head of a woman, says to the bartender "Get me a drink, and one for this bitch too," then puts the head on the table and shoots the bartender for no reason.

If anyone can find this video or tell me terrible movie it's from that would be much appreciated.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
There was a music video posted in the rear end thread and now the link is dead. It was a female singer singing in what was meant to be english. What was the name of that song?

Angry Tiny Man
Feb 26, 2007

A long time ago, I remember seeing some odd French Flash movie involving a Batman movie.
You'd choose one of four or five scenes, and then choose whether the scenes played out in I think French-French, or Quebecian-French, with Batman sounding angrier in the latter.
Anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I just imagining having seen this?

Ambler
Aug 28, 2003
The ghost who ambles.

E2M1 posted:

It was called Unweb, and it was awesome. Here's a post-mortem by its designer.

I'd given up on finding this. Thanks so much!

Dirtface
Apr 4, 2005
15. 15 is the highest number there is. Ever
MISSING ITEM 1:

Website where this guy writes very humorously about how much he hates his girlfriend. I want to say it had a long name like Iabsolutelyhatemyfuckinggirlfriend.com or something.

I recall one blurb from the site where he talks about how he walks in from the video store with his girlfriend, she sits on the couch, he pops in the tape and hits play and sits down next to her and a face appears on the TV in the movie and she immediately goes "Whos that?" and he states that he's been there just as long as she has. How would he know?

Missing Item 2:

A website where this guy writes about how people who smoke marijuana should get the death penalty. He basically just bible thumped about how he would change the world. it was funny. I think the background was pink.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Dirtface posted:

MISSING ITEM 1:

Website where this guy writes very humorously about how much he hates his girlfriend. I want to say it had a long name like Iabsolutelyhatemyfuckinggirlfriend.com or something.

I recall one blurb from the site where he talks about how he walks in from the video store with his girlfriend, she sits on the couch, he pops in the tape and hits play and sits down next to her and a face appears on the TV in the movie and she immediately goes "Whos that?" and he states that he's been there just as long as she has. How would he know?

Might be "Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About"

http://www.mil-millington.com/

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

Dirtface posted:

MISSING ITEM 1:

Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued about : http://mil-millington.com/

Edit: curse you youdummy

Dirtface
Apr 4, 2005
15. 15 is the highest number there is. Ever
YouDummy and Sleeper, I thank you both.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I remember back when I had AOL there was a thing there for humor called buzz saw, I really would like to read some of their articles again.

Oh yeah, i remember SA used to have a story time section talking about he man and silver hawks.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh, here's one:

Anybody remember this site that was made by a supposed stalker journaling his stalking of this lady he meets as a waitress at a place he eats. Eventually he does stuff like put hidden cameras in her home.

In the beginning, and naive as I was, it seemed fairly real but then the cameras in her home stuff was just too silly.

Man_Sauce
Jan 1, 2005

How Far to Paradise?
I got a fairly easy one

1) There was a thread probably in the middle of '08 called 'Val's Open Late' or something to that degree that linked to this bizarre website sort of like http://www.yyyyyyy.info/

I can't find the thread or remember the url!

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Man_Sauce posted:

I got a fairly easy one

1) There was a thread probably in the middle of '08 called 'Val's Open Late' or something to that degree that linked to this bizarre website sort of like http://www.yyyyyyy.info/

I can't find the thread or remember the url!

Was it perhaps a website about prom dresses and the like? With a horribly hand-drawn map?

Man_Sauce
Jan 1, 2005

How Far to Paradise?

Canuck-Errant posted:

Was it perhaps a website about prom dresses and the like? With a horribly hand-drawn map?

Yep I remember it being called like Val's Dress Shop or something

Doctor Ranger
Apr 30, 2008
This, perchance? http://yvettesbridalformal.com/

HerrMorden
Sep 5, 2004

Thought begets Heresy, Heresy begets Retribution.
I've been looking for this old flash movie that I saw on the Frontpage years ago. It was about some weird german duck thing and his obese friend, "Fatty".

For some reason Fatty dies, and Joseph Goebbels shows up and revives him or something. The end of the movie is this weird song and dance number with singing flowers. I don't remember much but I do remember the duck thing screaming "FATTY! NEEEEEEEEIIIIN!!!"

Man_Sauce
Jan 1, 2005

How Far to Paradise?

Doctor Ranger posted:

This, perchance? http://yvettesbridalformal.com/

Thats it! Thanks dudes!

dangerann
Jan 12, 2009
Looking for a site that was about a book written about a crime in Australia in the 1970s, I think. Father had murdered his wife and children and there was a picture of the truck he had that he abandoned in some sort of ravine or ditch. Some part of the murder I think involved electrocution by clipping the victim to a battery.He deserted the crime scene and fled to Western Australia and hadn't been seen since. He was thought to have assumed a new identity. Site I think had a black background with red text.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Looking for an old New Grounds video from around '00 called Snarlie Brown. Charlie Brown gets pissed off and kills the whole Peanuts cast while blasting music from a boom box. I'd like to see if its as funny as I remembered it.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
I'm looking for an article/blog post about nerd social myths.

It discusses the way nerds behave different socially based upon dos and don'ts.

An example is a kind of nerd more that involves including everybody. If some friends of the group go to dinner, for instance, everyone must be invited. Because if everyone weren't invited then it is like the were being excluded.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

HerrMorden posted:

I've been looking for this old flash movie that I saw on the Frontpage years ago. It was about some weird german duck thing and his obese friend, "Fatty".

For some reason Fatty dies, and Joseph Goebbels shows up and revives him or something. The end of the movie is this weird song and dance number with singing flowers. I don't remember much but I do remember the duck thing screaming "FATTY! NEEEEEEEEIIIIN!!!"

I remember that. Unfortunately, I think all the flash movies were still hosted on Geistmag and crosslinked at the time. If it still exists, the only person I can think of who might still have it archived is Zack Parsons.

WAVE RACEWAR 64
Aug 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
anyone got the full mpegs from https://www.gloryhood.com that crazy guy jamie stroud's old website from about 2 years back?

also a video from maybe 10 years back from stile, of a harlequin baby being fed, the backing track is akinyele's "put it in ya mouth" (fairly dirty rap)?

also the awesome quicktime video someone made a few years back to go with cassetteboy's "fly me to new york", with cleverly edited clips of frank sinatra and 9/11?
e: found on youtube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NAzO6CEwnAU but quicktime file would still be great

cheers :tipshat:

WAVE RACEWAR 64 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 13, 2009

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I just read through all of Zoofights 3 again, but was sad to see that the YouTube finale was removed due to claims of copyright infringement. Did anyone save that video? I was looking forward to the epic finish, but was left out in the cold.

A Glum Plum
Jan 21, 2008

Come take a ride on my couch of a thousand indulgences!
I remember seeing this comic about Ayn Rand's life a few weeks ago, but I didn't save it. Some notable parts of it where when she was trying to explain her affair with her husband and her paramour's wife using logic while they both sat there all confused, and a close up of her insane facial expression as she shouts something like "I created you and I can now destroy you (*true quote)."

Also, does anyone know more about those little pictures of the guy with the glasses who loves Princess Peach? He drew pictures of them in love and marrying each other, and I remember laughing at them so much, but I can't remember what his name was for the life of me.

WAVE RACEWAR 64
Aug 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
ALSO old flash animations some dumb nerd boy did to japanese songs with animated gifs of mario and that blad guy from whose line and stuff

hiyakiayagoooooo or something...

e: it was like 11 years ago or something

WAVE RACEWAR 64 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 13, 2009

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

WAVE RACEWAR 64 posted:

ALSO old flash animations some dumb nerd boy did to japanese songs with animated gifs of mario and that blad guy from whose line and stuff

hiyakiayagoooooo or something...

e: it was like 11 years ago or something

http://www.eviltrailmix.com/animutation/hyakugo.swf

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Mr. Belding posted:

I'm looking for an article/blog post about nerd social myths.

It discusses the way nerds behave different socially based upon dos and don'ts.

An example is a kind of nerd more that involves including everybody. If some friends of the group go to dinner, for instance, everyone must be invited. Because if everyone weren't invited then it is like the were being excluded.

Five Geek Social Fallacies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
Does anyone have everything from Villainsupply.com, including all the images?

I loved that website*.

*Features convenient, obvious self-destruct mechanism.

edit: nm, I see it's been REVIVED at http://www.villainsource.com/! :haw:

• Locked thread