Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
I love the Shorts. Good Eating Habits and Know For Sure are hilarious. However, no one here has mentioned yet how weird and disturbing Kitty Cleans Up is. Why they chose to riff that one is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

JimBobDole posted:

I love the Shorts. Good Eating Habits and Know For Sure are hilarious. However, no one here has mentioned yet how weird and disturbing Kitty Cleans Up is. Why they chose to riff that one is beyond me.
Probably because it's so weird and disturbing. It's one of my favourite shorts actually.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

JimBobDole posted:

I would assume that no one posts about it because they are so filled with shame (or turned on?) afterward that they don't want to tell anyone.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Hahaha, best surprise of the Dark Knight riff so far. "Krankor!"

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Alexandr posted:

A Prince of Space reference? Excellent.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Alexandr posted:

I love Krankor! I'm going to pick up a copy of Dark Knight today.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Alexandr posted:

"Krankor!"
"Crank-whore"?

Even if it's only apparently a middling riff, I still want to hear what they've done with Crystal Skull. Why the hell isn't there a PAL version yet?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So has anyone seen the third Harry Potter riff yet? I loved the first two, but the preview for number 3 didn't look very good.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

zimbomonkey posted:

So has anyone seen the third Harry Potter riff yet? I loved the first two, but the preview for number 3 didn't look very good.

I thought it was better than the first two. They did less of the obvious jokes about Hagrid smelling.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

ErIog posted:

I thought it was better than the first two. They did less of the obvious jokes about Hagrid smelling.

"He went mad after he bought a pack of gum from CVS and they gave him a three foot receipt."

Ain't that the loving truth.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Mister Kingdom posted:

"He went mad after he bought a pack of gum from CVS and they gave him a three foot receipt."

Ain't that the loving truth.

I was waiting for a Tristar logo joke the entire film, and I wasn't disappointed. That said, I like really stupid humor based on puns so Rifftrax is right up my alley. I find the more I watch them the funnier they get because I've gotten used to the level of humor they tend to operate on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Finally got my holiday iRiff up. Check out our take on Frosty Returns, the godawful follow-up to Frosty the Snowman. Only 75 cents.

As for other holiday iRiffs, there's a really good take on the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas out there.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I'm particularly proud of the little bundled extra in there. You did include that, didn't you, Gavok?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I totally forgot. I'll fix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New short up, Christmas Toy Shop. Its very strange but doesn't hold a candle to the bizarreness of A Visit to Santa.

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.

muscles like this? posted:

New short up, Christmas Toy Shop. Its very strange but doesn't hold a candle to the bizarreness of A Visit to Santa.

To be fair, though, can anything really hold a candle to "A Visit to Santa" in bizarreness?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Dark Knight riff was pretty great, though its hard to get through a 2.5 hour riffed movie. There were a ton of great lines and much more to make fun of than I remembered. If it wasn't for its one extremely well written and well acted villain, DK would have been a clusterfuck. Recommended.

Not that its directly related, but if you happen to have Netflix and like Rifftrax, I'd explore the Foreign Comedy section of the Netflix streaming content. The non-european films operate on comedic premises that are totally different than western films and thereby make for hilarious what-the-fucks as you try to figure out why the jokes might be funny in their native cultural context. The humor inversion sort of works the same as with riffs.

"He said no?"
"His wife said no - you know she runs that household."
"May Allah save us from female dominance!"
*pause for laughter*

Appman
Jun 9, 2006

by Fistgrrl
If they're riffing a bland movie I still feel dead on the inside from the fact that I endured the movie.

I found the lost Ark riff hilarious because it's not difficult to riff a movie that's fun.

Appman fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 24, 2008

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Savantegarde posted:

To be fair, though, can anything really hold a candle to "A Visit to Santa" in bizarreness?
Only the MST3K classic "Santa Claus" can match A Visit to Santa's nightmare ride, but while we're on the subject of Christmas shorts, let's not forget Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Only the MST3K classic "Santa Claus" can match A Visit to Santa's nightmare ride, but while we're on the subject of Christmas shorts, let's not forget Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey.

I think you are all forgetting MST3K's Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BdPqYp8TY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp it seems that boring adult talk has made my 11 year old niece a fan of Rifftrax. Christmas dinner was wrapping up and she was bored so I loaned her my Zune which has all the Riffshorts on it and she thought they were great. So I downloaded a couple for her and put them on her brand new iPod. Its funny but I was just like a year younger than she is now when I first started watching MST3K.

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Payndz posted:

"Crank-whore"?

Even if it's only apparently a middling riff, I still want to hear what they've done with Crystal Skull. Why the hell isn't there a PAL version yet?

i really enjoyed the Crystal Skull. I was surprised at the lukewarm reception

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Merry loving Christmas Goons.

This has the potential to be the most awesome thing ever done. By anyone. Ever.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Merry loving Christmas Goons.

This has the potential to be the most awesome thing ever done. By anyone. Ever.

I know the Deathstar is supposed to look like Pac-Man, but we all know it as :v:.

This should be great - more Lucas-bashing!

Brick Hardmeat
May 16, 2005

SAW has replaced Jurassic Park as my favorite RiffTrax.

Line that had me in stitches:

Jigsaw (via stupid clown doll thing), leaves a message for the guy wrapped in razor wire: "(victim name), you are a 44 year old white male in good health..."

Kevin: (in jigsaw voice) "Well... bye!"

I had forgotten how unbelievably lovely that movie was. This was the pinnacle of Rifftrax. When they kinda like a movie it can be really funny, but when they outright loving hate it, it's always so perfect.

I also recently discovered something: Manos: The Hands of Fate without the MST3K is, of course, the most unwatchable movie in all of history. Aeon Flux, even with the benefit of the RiffTrax, is a close second. I have tried 3 loving times now to watch it and every time I sink into a depressing boredom. The rifftrax guys can't do a thing to break the boring tedium of that piece of poo poo. It's unbelievable. I sent Aeon Flux back to netflix and said "screw it" and just swallowed the money I spent on the track.

Luckily Saw and Cloverfield put me back in a good mood.

Brick Hardmeat fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 28, 2008

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even though this isn't specifically a CT thread just wanted to point out that the next release is Jan 8th and is Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Oh man I just saw Nestor the long eared donkey and it is pretty funny. I especially love when Mike talks back to the donkey.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Just watched The Happening RiffTrax, good god was that a bad movie. Solid riff though.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

So A New Hope is out. I have fingers toes and eyebrows crossed that this will be a good one. Of the recent riffs, I liked the Azkaban riff but hated the Dark Knight one. I personally found it the least funny riff they've done to date.

I hope that was just an aberration though and ANH continues with the great history of Star Wars riffs.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

So A New Hope is out. I have fingers toes and eyebrows crossed that this will be a good one. Of the recent riffs, I liked the Azkaban riff but hated the Dark Knight one. I personally found it the least funny riff they've done to date.

I hope that was just an aberration though and ANH continues with the great history of Star Wars riffs.

C3PO: "I am C3PO, human-cyborg relations and this is my counterpart, R2D2."

Luke: "Hello."

Kevin: "I stood next to your mother as she died."

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.

Mister Kingdom posted:

C3PO: "I am C3PO, human-cyborg relations and this is my counterpart, R2D2."

Luke: "Hello."

Kevin: "I stood next to your mother as she died."

ha that's glorious.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just finished Star Wars. Overall, I give it 8/10. Some harsh bits by Bill against the movie in general, but lots of funny stuff.

It's always funny to me when the riffers make each other laugh during the riff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Haha, the Willy Wonka Riff with Neil Patrick Harris is great.

"Does Oompa Loompa have another meaning outside of their names? Because we wouldn't start a song by saying 'Hu-man be-ing Human Being!'"

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's always funny to me when the riffers make each other laugh during the riff.
Agreed. The best moments are the ones that come across as candid jokes and guys just having fun, reveling in the sheer lunacy of the film itself.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
The Wonka one is still my favorite but A New Hope was pretty good. The constant second guessing of the prequel trilogy was nice.

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008
I apologize if already been mentioned, and considering where I'm posting, odds are high it may have been.....but didnt see so.
To date, in my humble opinion, the rifftrax for Troll 2 (just watched it the other day) is amongst their best, and as would be, stars our very own Lowtax with Mike. It's a movie so corny it'd be hilarious w/o them, but they make it all that much funnier.

dumbass edit: ok, so a simple utilization of "control-f" found me a number of Troll 2 references. My bad, sorry all, but I still vouch for it being one of their best.

piratescurvy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 1, 2009

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hooray! The PAL version of Crystal Skull finally went up, so I'm having a Harrison Ford double bill today; Crystal Skull this morning, and Star Wars tonight. I enjoyed the new Indy one, so hopefully Star Wars will be as good or better...

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

piratescurvy posted:

I apologize if already been mentioned, and considering where I'm posting, odds are high it may have been.....but didnt see so.
To date, in my humble opinion, the rifftrax for Troll 2 (just watched it the other day) is amongst their best, and as would be, stars our very own Lowtax with Mike. It's a movie so corny it'd be hilarious w/o them, but they make it all that much funnier.

dumbass edit: ok, so a simple utilization of "control-f" found me a number of Troll 2 references. My bad, sorry all, but I still vouch for it being one of their best.
Even though it's old news I'm gonna go ahead and agree with you. The terrible movies like Trolls 2 are the most fun to riff and guest stars make everything better. I got the e-mail about Star Wars, but wanting to actually follow the movie is going to ruin the riff for me. Please do more horrible movies.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Just watched ANH. It's easily my favourite rifftrax so far. Not a bum joke in the movie and most are genuinely laugh-your-rear end off type affairs. It really is hilarious and on the button. If you buy only one Rifftrax this year, buy this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Plavski posted:

Just watched ANH. It's easily my favourite rifftrax so far. Not a bum joke in the movie and most are genuinely laugh-your-rear end off type affairs. It really is hilarious and on the button. If you buy only one Rifftrax this year, buy this one.

"So, did the lava burn off your... you know?"

"Yeah, but there wasn't much there to begin with."

• Locked thread