Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
One of my favorite KTM videos. They make some really cool promo stuff that wouldn't fly in the U.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2wsSL0RFEU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
KTM makes the best promos.

http://www.ktm-rc8.net/

The video for the RC8...:swoon:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

cmorrow001 posted:

One of my favorite KTM videos. They make some really cool promo stuff that wouldn't fly in the U.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2wsSL0RFEU

That poo poo is pretty much why I won't get a supermoto, toooo tempting and I would probably just end up in jail.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Silver posted:

That poo poo is pretty much why I won't get a supermoto, toooo tempting and I would probably just end up in jail.

Supermotos insprire you to ride crazy because the bike can do it so easily. I rode far more aggresively and dangerously on my DRZ than I did or do on my sportbikes. Cutting the corners on city blocks in the city became an everyday occurance. Stuck at a red light? Hop up onto the curb, over barkdust bed and into a parking lot at 20 mph, gas it hard going back over the barkdust planter on the other side to get the front end light as you go over the planter and sidewalk with only the back tire on the ground and back into the street. Also one city block was a gravel lot, just cut the entire thing in half wide open in 2nd gear with the back end squirling all over the place.....

There is a reason I sold my DRZ. I only got busted one time and the cop let me off with a warning for "not stopping before entering the roadway" when crossing the gravel lot.

I really want another SM someday but like you said it's just to tempting to ride like a total rear end. I can't imagine owning one with double the HP my DRZ had.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Visiting home this weekend, and got a pic of my dad's collection, or as he refers to it, " a huge fuckin' waste of money"

top bikes a Monster S4, bottom's an S4RS tricolore, #135 of 400, and I'm gonna help him install an aftermarket exhaust on it this week.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
^^ That tricolore is pretty :3:

Anyway, I made a sweet video of me putting my knee down on deals gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e505frBfQos

:)

*Note this is not me*

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Revenant.Eagle posted:

^^ That tricolore is pretty :3:

Anyway, I made a sweet video of me putting my knee down on deals gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e505frBfQos

:)

*Note this is not me*

What a loving toolbag. I never got the big deal over putting your knee down. Good god.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Nice little Speed Triple vid.

http://www.vimeo.com/2551770

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

What a loving toolbag. I never got the big deal over putting your knee down. Good god.

Yea that video seemed like a big pain in the rear end for nothing.

Now the photo of that guy dragging his head on the scooter, that is worth a pain in the rear end.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

KidDynamite posted:

Its not even about getting your knee down. It's not even close to being realistic or instructional in any way. The time he took to set that entire thing up could have been used to go riding in the first place!

I love in the video description how the knee is used to stabilize the bike mid-corner. Suuuuuuuuure thing chief.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Eh, I thought it was funny.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
I assumed he was taking the piss out of people who only care about how far your bike leans, how big the chicken strips are or how much you've dragged the knee.

Then again, I assume anything too stupid on the internet is deliberately taking the piss, it's the only way to save what sanity I have left. If everyone who appears stupid on the net is actually a dumbass, my faith in humanity will disappear and cause me to suffer a post-pyschotic break.

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Uthor posted:

Eh, I thought it was funny.

The only thing funnier than the video is the comments from people getting bent out of shape about it. :D

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

rope kid posted:

Nice little Speed Triple vid.

http://www.vimeo.com/2551770

Abandoned, winding back roads, 365 days a year. :australia:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
http://www.redlabelmoto.com/details.asp?srID=113&srImageID=419

I think it belongs in the Italian version of robocop.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it makes a pretty good streetfighter, but that headlight is atrocious and doesn't go with the bike at all.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
That's the stock headlight, although that is what everyone said about it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've gotta argue that, I think that vertical headlight setup is just gorgeous.

Red Label Moto is just awesome. I need to go there every week just to remind myself how much I need a awesome Ducati.

Keanu Reeves
Jan 2, 2009

by Fragmaster

Spiffness posted:

I've gotta argue that, I think that vertical headlight setup is just gorgeous.

Red Label Moto is just awesome. I need to go there every week just to remind myself how much I need a awesome Ducati.

Yeah let's go and ogle a 30k+ R7

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
Needs dirtbike handle bars

AKMOTOGP
Jan 4, 2009

vorhese posted:

LOL Alaska

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

I'm sure he deserved it.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Yep, my first thought was "bastard probably cut him off."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm thinking the chances of having a guy on a bike just randomly pull up and punch you is very slim to none. Especially if you're in a car thats very capable of running a bike over.

Chances are also good though that the guy in the car didnt realize that he probably almost killed the biker. I find thats the case most times when people cut you off in a car they have no idea what just happened.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Phat_Albert posted:

I'm thinking the chances of having a guy on a bike just randomly pull up and punch you is very slim to none.
maybe jack the smack did it and he's bragging here!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

maybe jack the smack did it and he's bragging here!

As you can clearly see, Jack's bike is red, so unless he borrowed one it wasn't him.

I've wanted to punch a few people in the face, but I don't think I ever would. Although it'd be kinda fun while wearing gloves with carbon fiber knuckles :black101:

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*
I came close to punching someone in the face after being cut off on the bike, then I realized I was about 50 meters from a police station and a police bike waiting at the opposite side of the intersection. I imagine motorcycle gloves with carbon/plastic knuckles can inflict some pretty heavy damage.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jM27fujbiXs

Pretty cool.

Edit: more content:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 6, 2009

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Went to the Toronto bike show last weekend as I was in town and my friend wanted to go buy some gear. All the usual suspects were there, nothing really that I hadn't already seen last spring. There was an interesting KTM dirt bike that had been converted to a ski on the front and driving a track on the back, so sort of a snomobike. Weird. In the videos they were showing of it playing in the snow, it didn't look very stable. The riders looked like they had their hands full keeping it upright.
In amongst the classic racers and assorted eclectic machinery was this gem.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Worth the price of admission! My friend got better pictures on his real camera but I've only got this cellphone pic.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
can rossi recover from a lowside? i don't think so

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

can rossi recover from a lowside? i don't think so

:argh: You shut your stinking hole. If Edwards can do it and Aoyama can do it, Rossi sure as hell could if he ever had to.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

FunkyJunk posted:

:argh: You shut your stinking hole. If Edwards can do it and Aoyama can do it, Rossi sure as hell could if he ever had to.

Those were loving awesome

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Pics promised from the 3 photos thread. Disclamer: These were taken by a buddy, not by me and I know that they're lovely, none the less some cool bikes:

Some Honda with some fancy pants enduro kit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/GFHewitt/VTbikemuseum013.jpg

Guzzi:

Paging RevDrMosesPLester: Please identify:

Mint 96 KTM, Some replica:

Some 400cc SS:

Half of the garage:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

That guzzi is fantastic. What are the 2 ducs that are hiding?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Somebody pay to change my forums name to SquidlyMcSquidderton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et23CHp3GPY

I'm on the black bike. It was a CLOSED road, so no kittens/nuns/innocents were at risk.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Someone's got a bad case of target fixation ;)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MrKatharsis posted:

Somebody pay to change my forums name to SquidlyMcSquidderton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et23CHp3GPY

I'm on the black bike. It was a CLOSED road, so no kittens/nuns/innocents were at risk.

If you stand up on the pegs slightly as the bike drops back down, when you hit the ground you can weight one side or the other to keep the bike upright if it starts to cross up a bit.

The other solution is to just do them with your kickstand down :xd:

Your friend may have a better time of things if rather than grabbing at the brakes, if he just smoothly rolls them on, hard. It'll avoid that sort of jumpy rise that he's getting.

I loving love stoppies. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spartak
May 12, 2007
what matters most is how well you walk through the fire
my god that Guzzi :fap: