Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Rashomon posted:

I traded my JEM 555...

For this baby! '08 Fender USA Strat Deluxe.

You are a huge fag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Rashomon posted:

The ugly instruments thread is a few threads up.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
???

Thanks for being assholes for no reason guys!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Good timing on the trade, though I personally wouldn't trade a JEM for a strat in a billion years. Prices are about to go up, up, up and that generally hits the used market too.

If you think you dig the Strat thing, but you want an even awesomer (I am going to continue to use "awesomer" until Webster's has no choice but to make it an official word) guitar, check out the American G&L guitars. Homina homina.

cheeswhiz
Nov 21, 2003

ketchup fucking sucks

Rashomon posted:

???

Thanks for being assholes for no reason guys!

Change the pick guard to something less offensive and it will look awesome.

Los Padre
Mar 26, 2007

Los Padre is an interesting and sensitive fellow.
I'm pretty sure you're just getting razzed over the JEM trade. I'll chime in as the "you chose the right one baby, uh-huh" perspective.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I'll take the Strat over the JEM too :guitar:

Pop a white pickguard on there and you have yourself a David Gilmour Strat ::drugnerd:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The color combination looks *much* nicer in person than in the picture. I've got an '05 Deluxe Strat with the same electronics setup, and the S1 push/push switch is a really cool way to dip into new sounds quickly. Hold on to that thing!

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

I mean I don't mind if people I don't know think it was stupid or that the guitar is ugly, I just don't understand what posting nothing but "You're a huge fag" does other than ARGUMENT ON THE INTERNET. I find that somewhat irritating I guess.

The JEM wasn't getting played at all because I'm not at all into shred-y stuff any more. It was actually perfect because the guy I traded it to has chops like hell and IS really into shred stuff. Also, Agreed, you're exactly right, it was a value step up, and right before Fender is gonna get even more expensive.

Besides, to all the haters, I posted the JEM on "Gear Trades" thread months ago. If you wanted it I would have let it go for much less than what I ended up with. :v:

Jagdhippo
Feb 5, 2006

"That's just his way of saying 'Hello!', dear."

Rashomon posted:

I mean I don't mind if people I don't know think it was stupid or that the guitar is ugly, I just don't understand what posting nothing but "You're a huge fag" does other than ARGUMENT ON THE INTERNET. I find that somewhat irritating I guess.

The JEM wasn't getting played at all because I'm not at all into shred-y stuff any more. It was actually perfect because the guy I traded it to has chops like hell and IS really into shred stuff. Also, Agreed, you're exactly right, it was a value step up, and right before Fender is gonna get even more expensive.

Besides, to all the haters, I posted the JEM on "Gear Trades" thread months ago. If you wanted it I would have let it go for much less than what I ended up with. :v:
As the owner of an 07 American Deluxe Strat, let me say you made the right choice.

I had a teacher who played a strat with a custom Warmoth neck and Fralin Hendrix pickups. He played the Deluxe and wanted to switch the fralins out for SCN's because he liked the sound so much. Oh, and the neck, the neck is one of the easiest playing necks on the planet. Everyone who has played my Deluxe has said the neck was amazing.

Long story short, good choice.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

SCNs, if I remember right, are the last big pickup Bill Lawrence designed, aren't they? I can't get enough of that guy, he is behind some of my favorite pups. I love his Gibson Marauder pickups, they're half the reason I bought the ugly lovely bastard.

Rash, don't let anyone get you down. Just enjoy the guitar :) The only reason I wouldn't trade a JEM for a strat is because I already have a strat I love, and I could really use a guitar with a good double-locking bridge right now. I didn't mean it as a "you suck!" kind of post.

Edit: Stux you need to quit eating them mashed po-"hate"-oes.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 4, 2009

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Trading a Jem for any Strat is pretty much the gayest. I would rather play a Jem for any type of music under the earth than the Strat. HOW COULD YOU TRADE THE JEMS NECK FOR A STRAT BASEBALL BAT :ssj:

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

The JEM does have a pretty awesome neck, I do have to agree. The Strat Deluxe neck feels like of like a vintage Fender "B" neck which is even better, IMO. So I guess I can consider this my "coming out party." :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
s u p e r f a g

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

:gay:

So, anyone get any new instruments or gear?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Wha bam

edit: HOLY poo poo table breakage.

Linked for size.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Noise Machine posted:

Wha bam

Linked for size.

Where'd you get that Jazz Bass parts breakout picture?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

DrChu posted:

Where'd you get that Jazz Bass parts breakout picture?

It's actually a shirt, and I thought it was too nerdy even when I got it (11-12 yrs old) to wear out in public, so I got a frame and wrapped it around.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

mono posted:

I'll take the Strat over the JEM too :guitar:

Me too. The cool thing about that pickguard (assuming it's the anodized gold one) is that it's probably the best sheilded pickguard available, it's a plate of metal.

I don't really like the SCN's as much as lace sensors or some fralins, but they are a lot better than the fender vintage noiseless. The neck heel on the deluxe strats is the sex though. This makes me want to build back up my black strat I have lying around.

cylyk
Feb 3, 2006
T_T
That's weird, because I find the JEM to be the gayest guitar I've ever seen (well not the gayest, but pretty close). And maybe you don't like the "fat baseball bat" neck of a strat because you have tiny little girly hands for doing wussy things with !!!!

While I'm posting, what pedal should I buy if I want to be cool?? I need to spend a gift certificate

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

cylyk posted:

That's weird, because I find the JEM to be the gayest guitar I've ever seen (well not the gayest, but pretty close). And maybe you don't like the "fat baseball bat" neck of a strat because you have tiny little girly hands for doing wussy things with !!!!

If you don't get the over the top beauty of the JEM you are a gay. Also all Ibanez necks are the best all other necks are gay.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
The JEM has a handle so you can have one hand free for a reach around. Steve Vai told me so himself.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

cylyk posted:

While I'm posting, what pedal should I buy if I want to be cool?? I need to spend a gift certificate

How much is the gift cert for?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Noise Machine posted:

Wha bam

Linked for size.

Awesome, man! What kind is it again?

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Costello Jello posted:

The JEM has a handle so you can have one hand free for a reach around. Steve Vai told me so himself.

As a former JEM owner of eight years, I can assure you this is the truth.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

warwick5s posted:

Awesome, man! What kind is it again?

A Shen Hybrid. Before I bought it I asked some people about buying one, one kid gave me the answer "Don't buy chinese made, they suck".

I was worried that this was chinese made, but once I picked it up from the shop, the guy really removed all doubts. He said it inspected it, setup it up himself, and he has a model just like mine for gigging out, really put my mind at ease.

Now if I can just play the drat thing...

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

Noise Machine posted:

Wha bam

Linked for size.

nice. Piezo pickups?

Whered you get that bass stand, and how does it work for you? I have been considering getting one but dont know if its worth it.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

cylyk posted:

EHX english muff'n

boobstastegreat
Aug 9, 2004
yum

Noise Machine posted:

A Shen Hybrid. Before I bought it I asked some people about buying one, one kid gave me the answer "Don't buy chinese made, they suck".

I was worried that this was chinese made, but once I picked it up from the shop, the guy really removed all doubts. He said it inspected it, setup it up himself, and he has a model just like mine for gigging out, really put my mind at ease.

Now if I can just play the drat thing...

I have a laminated Samuel Shen -- I assume your back is carved and the rest is laminate right? I really like it and its suited me well through many years. Definitely not Chinese either.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Stux posted:

If you don't get the over the top beauty of the JEM you are a gay. Also all Ibanez necks are the best all other necks are gay.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Juaguocio posted:

This is the best picture in this thread.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Juaguocio posted:

Truly Outrageous!

cylyk
Feb 3, 2006
T_T

GrAviTy84 posted:

How much is the gift cert for?

I've got 250 bucks of credit to spend

edit: and what I own right now for pedals is...

an old 70s wah that doesn't work, a boss blues driver 2, a keeley java boost(mid/full/treble booster) and a voodoo lab micro vibe (univibe knockoff type thing)

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

cylyk posted:

edit: and what I own right now for pedals is...

an old 70s wah that doesn't work, a boss blues driver 2, a keeley java boost(mid/full/treble booster) and a voodoo lab micro vibe (univibe knockoff type thing)

Well a Big Muff Pi is cheap and sounds great, so you won't eat too much into your budget if you add one of those into the mix. Then grab a decent tuner. I use a TU-2, but I gather everyone's going mad for the Korg Pitchblack these days. How about a delay pedal? I like my Line6 Echo Park a lot. Very versatile with a lot of great sounds.

I don't know much about wah pedals but I've heard great things about the Budda wah. Anyone else?

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
Who needs title text, anyway?

cylyk posted:

Blow most of it on a ZVex Fuzz Probe (http://zvex.com/fuzzprobe.html), be amazed at how cool it is, totally decide that you're totally going to incorporate the effect in some songs... then probably give up after you realise you're not creative or coordinated enough to actually manage it. Fun while it lasted though.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Zakalwe posted:

I don't know much about wah pedals but I've heard great things about the Budda wah. Anyone else?

Gearmandude did a shoot out of wahs, I think it sounds pretty good, I'd like to try one for myself. Here's the video... Yes he does sound like Jack Black, no he is not Jack Black.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkRQvuwHSA

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
If you want something fun to play around with, a looper pedal is always a good time. I've got an Akai Headrush and I love it.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

cylyk posted:

an old 70s wah that doesn't work,

Please elaborate?

Young Al Capone
Feb 1, 2006

All I've got is this zip gun.

I'm using it for my bass, the only other thing in the chain is an mxr bass DI right before it for some distortion. The process knob made the high end really metallic and "clangy" by itself, but when I through the bass in the mix it actually cut through and I didn't notice it. A one trick pony, but still a cool piece for 60 bucks on CL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

Stux posted:

I'm going to pick one of these up soon. Its going to be getting a warmoth 28" scale baritone neck and a BKP. Going to try tuning it to drop E.

Can we please bring back that extended range thread and talk about the heavy?

also I just bought new strings for my bass to tune to drop F