Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

sliderule posted:

I'm looking to pick up an 02~05 WRX. I test drove an 02 wagon on the weekend, and I'm going to echo the rest of the world in being disappointed with steering feel. Reading around (NASIOC), it seems that several things can tighten the stock rack up a bit. Aside from bushings, it seems that stiffening up the frame can help.

Will the addition of fender braces (like these) and a front strut tower brace make a good enough improvement, or should I just look at swapping in the STi steering rack?
If you can find a Saab 9-2X they come with the STi rack stock. The STi rack is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Car
Sep 17, 2008

sliderule posted:

I'm looking to pick up an 02~05 WRX. I test drove an 02 wagon on the weekend, and I'm going to echo the rest of the world in being disappointed with steering feel. Reading around (NASIOC), it seems that several things can tighten the stock rack up a bit. Aside from bushings, it seems that stiffening up the frame can help.

Will the addition of fender braces (like these) and a front strut tower brace make a good enough improvement, or should I just look at swapping in the STi steering rack?

What you're probably experiencing is a lack of feedback due to an overly plush swaybar setup. A new rear sway bay changes everything about the car from handling to feel to outright speed.

Frame braces are a waste of money unless you've done everything else there is to do and are tracking the car frequently, for which you'd be better off getting a cage anyway.

adnam
Aug 28, 2006

Christmas Whale fully subsidized by ThatsMyBoye
How about me? :( :sigh:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Just Another XY posted:

Bought my WRX with 3000 km's on it, no problems at all. I wouldnt worry about it.

ub818
Feb 19, 2003
Yuv goat tae huv a go!

Just Another XY posted:

I wouldn't worry about 410miles. That's less than two tanks of gas. Double check gas mileage and if its surprisingly low then maybe its been beat on.

Also don't play the "this car has been beat on" card with only 410 miles - looking to get more money off. That typically doesn't work. Nor does the "I know you guys are knocking off money to get them off your lot, so give me a deal" It might help, but really its not a sure fire shot to save money.

Also, your words of CASH throw me off? Do you have $25k cash? Then why the hell aren't you getting an 09 and financing the leftover at 0%?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
uugghhhhh so I'm dumb and didn't take the '98 Forester to a mechanic before I paid for it, and found a lovely empty radiator coming down the hill from Tahoe on Saturday. Someone had a liter of water left over and that got us to the next gas station where I refilled the radiator.

Are there any easy tells to figure out the issue? The car isn't leaving big leaky drip puddles everywhere. I looked at the oil on the dipstick and it looks due for a change, but it just looks like dirty oil, not milky or weird like there's water mixed in. When I run the heater inside the car it smells a little like anti-freeze or something, so I'm not sure if there's an issue there.

What are my options now? I paid the guy in cash and I already paid the DMV to transfer the title, so I assume I'm pretty much screwed there. If it's a major issue (please god not the head gaskets) I can't re-sell the car in good conscience without taking a hit for the head gasket repair.

Also is there an easy way to tell if the previous person was using synthetic or normal oil? Some previous oil records indicate synthetic, and I don't want to end up with a crankcase full of gunk from putting the wrong oil in.

Oh, and this poo poo is all because I was dumb enough to buy from some dude selling the car for a friend... NEVER AGAIN!

adnam
Aug 28, 2006

Christmas Whale fully subsidized by ThatsMyBoye

ub818 posted:

Also, your words of CASH throw me off? Do you have $25k cash? Then why the hell aren't you getting an 09 and financing the leftover at 0%?

No, I wish I did. :)

But I figured I was being an idiot anyways. Okay, back to dealershipland.
This is my first car that requires 91 octane, so I'm still a bit on the wall about that...

kaws!
May 25, 2008

idiotsavant posted:

uugghhhhh so I'm dumb and didn't take the '98 Forester to a mechanic before I paid for it, and found a lovely empty radiator coming down the hill from Tahoe on Saturday. Someone had a liter of water left over and that got us to the next gas station where I refilled the radiator.

Are there any easy tells to figure out the issue? The car isn't leaving big leaky drip puddles everywhere. I looked at the oil on the dipstick and it looks due for a change, but it just looks like dirty oil, not milky or weird like there's water mixed in. When I run the heater inside the car it smells a little like anti-freeze or something, so I'm not sure if there's an issue there.

What are my options now? I paid the guy in cash and I already paid the DMV to transfer the title, so I assume I'm pretty much screwed there. If it's a major issue (please god not the head gaskets) I can't re-sell the car in good conscience without taking a hit for the head gasket repair.

Also is there an easy way to tell if the previous person was using synthetic or normal oil? Some previous oil records indicate synthetic, and I don't want to end up with a crankcase full of gunk from putting the wrong oil in.

Oh, and this poo poo is all because I was dumb enough to buy from some dude selling the car for a friend... NEVER AGAIN!

Had the same thing with my car, but I picked it up from the mechanics who were usless =\

Subarus do not commonly leak water into the oil in the open deck models. Between the piston and the cooling system there is very little metal and gasket. This is where you will usually do a headgasket.

First things first, fill it up with water and bleed the system. If you get bubbles and overheating still, get a pressure test and TK test done to see if it is the head gasket.

You should always use fully synthetic oil in your Forrester once it has been run in. Just get the right viscosity for your climate (not sure what its like in the states) and dump it, replace it and do the oil filter.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Wrar posted:

If you can find a Saab 9-2X they come with the STi rack stock. The STi rack is awesome.

Yeah, steering feel on the 9-2x is really nice.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Turbo Car posted:

What you're probably experiencing is a lack of feedback due to an overly plush swaybar setup. A new rear sway bay changes everything about the car from handling to feel to outright speed.

I don't think it's a rear swaybar. I currently have a Suzuki SX4 hatch with no rear swaybar, and its steering feel trumps the WRX.

edit: For the record, sway-bars would be my very first purchase for the WRX.

flu1d
Oct 6, 2003

Just Another XY posted:

This is my first car that requires 91 octane, so I'm still a bit on the wall about that...

Just get it! I've hard launched my 07 STi so many times I lost count. 22k miles and still going strong! (Right CV joint went a couple months ago; but it's all covered under warranty :) )

oh and don't do this...

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

flu1d posted:

Just get it! I've hard launched my 07 STi so many times I lost count. 22k miles and still going strong! (Right CV joint went a couple months ago; but it's all covered under warranty :) )

oh and don't do this...

You/This is the reason you don't buy a used STI.

Just Another XY posted:

The fact that the car requires 91 octane over 89 octane should have no bearing on whether or not you buy the car. The price difference is pretty much a non-factor. The only reason this should affect your decision is if you live in an area where you cannot get 91 oct easily.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
So now it looks like the leak may be from the heater core - I was driving to work this morning and noticed steam coming from under the steering column. Turned the heater off, no steam. Heater on, steam. How much of a pain in the rear end is it to replace, and should I get a new one or just a $40 clunker from a pick n pull?

Turbo Car
Sep 17, 2008

idiotsavant posted:

So now it looks like the leak may be from the heater core - I was driving to work this morning and noticed steam coming from under the steering column. Turned the heater off, no steam. Heater on, steam. How much of a pain in the rear end is it to replace, and should I get a new one or just a $40 clunker from a pick n pull?

It's a pain, but not anything you need to be an expert to do. You will need to take out the dash.

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008
How common are gasket failures on the exhaust manifold for the 04MY WRX? I had a feeling mine has been leaking there for some time and yesterday I noticed smoke coming from the area up through the engine bay long with a strong exhaust smell for a few seconds. How hard is it to get to some of those bolts? Im guessing its a day-long project to change those gaskets?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

idiotsavant posted:

It may be just a hose cracked and leaking, or the valve that controls the flow of coolant through the core. Usually it's not super complicated to fix those kinds of issues, just annoying because you're working upside down under the dash, or you have to remove the dash.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

TurboLuvah posted:

The fact that the car requires 91 octane over 89 octane should have no bearing on whether or not you buy the car. The price difference is pretty much a non-factor. The only reason this should affect your decision is if you live in an area where you cannot get 91 oct easily.
Financially it equates to over a 10% loss in gas milage but I do agree. When you consider all the costs of car ownership having to pay a little more for gas to get the car you actually want is a small price to pay.

quote:

Yeah, steering feel on the 9-2x is really nice.
I agree. Every day I love my 9-2x more and more. What an awesome car.

VV I agree 100% with this. The emphasis people put on gas prices is out of control. Like the news this summer when the prices were high. They act like everyone should be bankrupt because of it. I remember about 4 years ago this writer wrote an article in the local paper about high gas prices and interviewed a girl at the gas station who said she was thinking about canceling her trip to DC (from Raleigh, NC) because of the gas price increase. My dad called the reporter and said the gas increase would cost her roughly 4 dollars round trip. The guy was like "no way you are wrong" and my dad was like "look , I have all the math right here, now we can go through the numbers together" and explained how he arrived at the price (which was correct btw) and the reporter just says "not that cannot be!" and refused to acknowledge my dad was correct

People lose their minds when it comes to gas prices. The amount of time people spend complaining about it is proof our country sucks at math. I could honestly write a 10 page rant about the way people overreact to gas prices

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 7, 2009

ub818
Feb 19, 2003
Yuv goat tae huv a go!

TurboLuvah posted:

Actually, you might be surprised. Some people don't know poo poo about finances and are weird about spending money on gas.

Some people buy cars they shouldn't have bought because it gets 33mpg instead of their old car (paid off) was 25mpg. Then they hit the stupid switch and drive MORE because they think the mpg is going to save them.

Or some people own cars that cost them too much anyways, gas goes above $2.30(89 octane) and the are bumming rides from friends to work.

In general people are stupid and cost of ownership is something that everyone should consider but rarely do.

Just Another XY: If cost of gas is a problem for you - I'd suggest another car - because getting on the throttle is fun. :)

Turbo Car
Sep 17, 2008

BannedForLulz posted:

How common are gasket failures on the exhaust manifold for the 04MY WRX? I had a feeling mine has been leaking there for some time and yesterday I noticed smoke coming from the area up through the engine bay long with a strong exhaust smell for a few seconds. How hard is it to get to some of those bolts? Im guessing its a day-long project to change those gaskets?

If you're talking the exhaust port to header gaskets, it's not common (if not borederline rare). It does happen though, especially in places that see a lot of rain or snow w/salted roads.

You'll only need to take two bolts off from the headers to up-pipe (I think, it may be three) and then two on each header bank.

All of these are going to be rusted and heat-cycled to gently caress and back, so prepare for frustration. A gasket scraper would be nice to have for this, just be careful to not gouge the aluminum when you're scraping. With air tools and a lift you could do it in 30 minutes.

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

nm posted:

The 2005+ Legacys are great (I own one). Lots of power, pretty reliable, great chassis, etc.

FYI 05 will give you a wagon with a manual and the option to not have a sunroof or leather.

The 06 spec B is only worth it if you don't plan on touching the suspension. (That is thie rmain improvement). The stock base LGT handles notibly worse than the spec B, but with an upgraded suspension an LGT will be better than a Spec B (and spec B with the same suspension will be basically the same except for the lighter CAs).
The 07 spec Bs get a 6-speed which is nicer than the 5 in the base LGT. It is hard to say if it is worth it or not though.

Looking into it more the spec.B doesn't seem worth it.. From what I've seen, the cost is much greater for a suspension that I'll end up replacing anyway, and an extra gear that seems to be more fuel efficient. Overall, "meh."

Any big issues I should look at before I purchase one? For my S4 it's the turbos and control arms.. Anything like that for the '05/06 LGT? Also, what's the cost of maintenance like on Subarus? I've found an '06 that is looking pretty tempting.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Heres a pretty specific question: My year of Impreza has a bug in the 4EAT transmission computer that makes it engage the transfer clutch in the centre differential too quickly sometimes, resulting in an annoying thump from the rear when I'm sliding around in the snow.

Subaru has issued a TSB that recommends that the TCU computer be updated to a newer model. Unfortunately thats at least $500 to buy new. Would I either be able to:

a) get my existing TCU's firmware updated at a Subaru dealer ?
b) drop in a TCU from an 03-06 NA Impreza with a similarly configured 4EAT setup?

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

DONT DO IT posted:

Looking into it more the spec.B doesn't seem worth it.. From what I've seen, the cost is much greater for a suspension that I'll end up replacing anyway, and an extra gear that seems to be more fuel efficient. Overall, "meh."

Any big issues I should look at before I purchase one? For my S4 it's the turbos and control arms.. Anything like that for the '05/06 LGT? Also, what's the cost of maintenance like on Subarus? I've found an '06 that is looking pretty tempting.

I don't think the Spec.B is worth it either, to be honest; the Bilsteins are much better than the stock LGT suspension, but if you plan on replacing it, that's pointless. I get 20 city/25 highway with my 5-speed '05, and that's good enough for me. I've never understood people spending more for an only slightly more fuel-efficient car anyway. Plus, the factory nav isn't exactly top notch.

Maintenance stuff:
This isn't that common, but the '05s, and some '06s, have had an issue with bad injectors causing misfires. My car had two replaced, and many other owners have had the same experience. The dealer didn't charge me anything for it, and said they wouldn't have even if it was out of warranty.

There's also a TSB out in which Subaru changes the oil change interval to half of what it was previously, due to some people not changing the oil frequently enough, causing a mesh screen in the turbo oil line to clog, which starves the turbo of oil and ultimately grenades the turbo. There's a thread on LegacyGT.com full of owners who have had this problem. Make sure there are oil change records on the car.

The only other common one I can think of is a TSB-covered wheel bearing issue that you'll know immediately if the car has. If there's a squeal at low speeds from one of the wheels, it's a bad wheel bearing, and the dealer will replace it under the TSB.

Finally, unless you plan on getting an AccessPORT - which is a great idea - make sure the ECU is flashed to the latest ROM. Many LGTs have issues with a hesitation on acceleration; the car "stutters" between around 2500-3500 RPM. There's been a reflash to fix it, but it's not perfect. It's not at all harmful, just annoying.

Overall, it's been a very reliable car. I've put almost 30k on mine, and have had no problems that weren't either specifically covered by TSBs, the idiot PO putting on a terrible quality up-pipe or due to my somehow tearing a CV boot. The only thing I've had replaced under warranty was a foglight assembly that had somehow become a fish tank. I love the car, and I plan to keep it as long as I possibly can. The stock turbo - as long as you change your oil - is very long-lived, and so are the rest of the internals. The EJ255 is an old, tested design. The transmission is very stout and can handle a decent upgrade in horsepower and torque.

Let's see... the cost of maintenance isn't bad. It's certainly less than a BMW or Audi, probably a little more than a Honda. Parts aren't very expensive, and there are several great parts outlets online. Some things are inexplicably pains in the rear end (sparkplugs, changing the cabin air filter on an '05), but most maintenance is pretty straightforward.

In other words, buy it.

Bud Manstrong fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 7, 2009

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

Bud Manstrong posted:

In other words, buy it.

Awesome, man. Thanks for the info.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
I would say that you want to be sure you're okay with the stereo in the 05/06 Legacy, as it's not really upgradable (there are options, but there few/far between and expensive). If you've got an ipod/other mp3 player and you're okay listening to it through an FM transmitter, then you're fine.

If not, the '07's came with an Aux-in, which is much better quality, and an mp3 CD changer. The stereo in the 05/06 was the reason I didn't buy one instead of my STi back in 2004.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Fantastipotamus posted:

I would say that you want to be sure you're okay with the stereo in the 05/06 Legacy, as it's not really upgradable (there are options, but there few/far between and expensive). If you've got an ipod/other mp3 player and you're okay listening to it through an FM transmitter, then you're fine.

If not, the '07's came with an Aux-in, which is much better quality, and an mp3 CD changer. The stereo in the 05/06 was the reason I didn't buy one instead of my STi back in 2004.
True, though there is a cheaper aux-in option in the "jazzy" aux-in mod for the 05-06 radio. However, I do wish i had one.

Also, if you see one, sit in a non-limited 05. I find the cloth in the non-limited better than the leather. (And the sunroof eats a shocking amount of headroom)

Also, replace the goddamn tires if it stiull has the stockers.

I've been without my car for a month (I'm out of town). I've driven an RX-8 around the track, I get to drive an Infiniti M35x (whgich is very nice), but drat do I miss my car. These's just something "right" about the Legacy GT.

nm fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 8, 2009

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

nm posted:

True, though there is a cheaper aux-in option in the "jazzy" aux-in mod for the 05-06 radio. However, I do wish i had one.

I've been without my car for a month (I'm out of town). I've driven an RX-8 around the track, I get to drive an Infiniti M35x (whgich is very nice), but drat do I miss my car. These's just something "right" about the Legacy GT.
I thought I remember the Jazzy mod requiring soldering on the mainboard, is that right? I haven't done much research into it due to not really needing it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 07+ stereos are a direct fit into the 05-06 ones? So, in theory, if you were to find one in a junkyard with an intact stereo/hvac system, it'd be a plug-n-play, though the actual Aux jack itself may require some effort.

And I'll agree with the 'something right' about the Legacy, I've been in a bunch of other Subarus (and others, obviously), but my car just fits like a glove. <3

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Fantastipotamus posted:

I thought I remember the Jazzy mod requiring soldering on the mainboard, is that right? I haven't done much research into it due to not really needing it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 07+ stereos are a direct fit into the 05-06 ones? So, in theory, if you were to find one in a junkyard with an intact stereo/hvac system, it'd be a plug-n-play, though the actual Aux jack itself may require some effort.

And I'll agree with the 'something right' about the Legacy, I've been in a bunch of other Subarus (and others, obviously), but my car just fits like a glove. <3

The jazzy board requires no soldering, but it does require the use of a silent CD, which has to be kind of annoying. I've been thinking about doing it anyway, though. The '07 head unit has an AUX input and fits into the '05 and '06 LGTs, but the '08 is different.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
What is the best iPod FM transmitter? If I don't want to mess with getting a new stereo or anything is that the best way to hook up an iPod to a 9-2x?

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Bud Manstrong posted:

The jazzy board requires no soldering, but it does require the use of a silent CD, which has to be kind of annoying. I've been thinking about doing it anyway, though. The '07 head unit has an AUX input and fits into the '05 and '06 LGTs, but the '08 is different.

how much is the jazzy mod? like $75 or something?

why not just save your money for a better deck that does ipod interface or usb or that and aux-in or whatever it is you need?

I picked up this alpine last year for under $250 and it has the most intuitive ipod interface I could find plus USB. I have a 4GB and an 8GB thumb drive (and they're only getting cheaper/larger) and then I dock the iphone while I'm driving with a panavise/proclip mount and if I get any calls it will auto-mute the music.

You can pick up decks with USB/Aux for much cheaper than that though and proclip makes holders that fit pretty much any major cellphone or mp3 player out there.

I can take a photo of my setup if anybody cares to see it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

I've done the Jazzy mod in both my 05 LGT wagon and my 02 WRX wagon, and both times it took less than 25 minutes. No soldering, you just need a silent CD.

I went with an Alpine HU in my Forster with the iPod cable, but it was a pain in the rear end controlling the iPod through the Alpine HU interface, and it annoyed the piss out of me so I went back to the Jazzy mod.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

TurboLuvah posted:

I've done the Jazzy mod in both my 05 LGT wagon and my 02 WRX wagon, and both times it took less than 25 minutes. No soldering, you just need a silent CD.

I went with an Alpine HU in my Forster with the iPod cable, but it was a pain in the rear end controlling the iPod through the Alpine HU interface, and it annoyed the piss out of me so I went back to the Jazzy mod.

errr, which HU? I feel like the controls are super intuitive on mine. way easier than fumbling with the ipod or iphone and it controls every aspect of it... playlists, shuffle, whatever.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

MMD3 posted:

how much is the jazzy mod? like $75 or something?

why not just save your money for a better deck that does ipod interface or usb or that and aux-in or whatever it is you need?

If all you want is aux-in, the jazzy or a similar mod is the most affordable. Remember, the LGT has dual climate control that is integrated into the stock stereo, so to put an aftermarket deck in you have to purchase male/female wire harnesses (~$25) and a JDM plastic piece that costs $100 and allows you to put an aftermarket HU in place of the cubby. There are other options too, but they're only more expensive.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Mat_Drinks posted:

If all you want is aux-in, the jazzy or a similar mod is the most affordable. Remember, the LGT has dual climate control that is integrated into the stock stereo, so to put an aftermarket deck in you have to purchase male/female wire harnesses (~$25) and a JDM plastic piece that costs $100 and allows you to put an aftermarket HU in place of the cubby. There are other options too, but they're only more expensive.

ahhhh, that's right... forgot about that. I was looking at LGT's and was thinking about how much that would suck.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

MMD3 posted:

ahhhh, that's right... forgot about that. I was looking at LGT's and was thinking about how much that would suck.
Yeah, you either need a clean sweep, hook something up in the "cubby," or buy one of the (expensive) kits that isolate the climate control from the HU and give you a DIN or 2 DIN space.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

MMD3 posted:

Can you post a pic please? I'm looking for a solution for our 92x that will add aux in and let me use my iPhone without looking hideous and as you know the Aero is double DIN.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Dr JonboyG posted:

Can you post a pic please? I'm looking for a solution for our 92x that will add aux in and let me use my iPhone without looking hideous and as you know the Aero is double DIN.

LGT fitment parts are different than the 9-2x, you would need to use WRX compatible DIN stereo components.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

TurboLuvah posted:

LGT fitment parts are different than the 9-2x, you would need to use WRX compatible DIN stereo components.

No, I know, but MMD3 also has a 9-2x.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

When I had my STi, I had a double-DIN setup, got a single-DIN stereo with the cubby underneath and drilled a tiny hole in the back so the aux cord fed through. It wasn't show quality, but the cords were hidden, and my iPod had a place where it didn't slide around.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Dr JonboyG posted:

well would you use aux-in for any components other than the iphone? ie do you have any non-ipod mp3 players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Here you go, this model doesn't have aux but it has ipod and USB connections so I decided I could live without aux. I think you can get an adapter but there are a ton of other models that have aux as well. I prefer to control my iphone from the deck, I think they did a great job with the interface and it allows me to pause at a moment's notice even if I have maps or a message or something up on the iphone screen. The other benefit of using the ipod connection is when a call comes in it will automatically fade the music out for the call and then resume again as soon as you hang up... great for bluetooth.

Only registered members can see post attachments!