Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.
I just talked to David Liebe Hart on the phone, and he was very nice but he realized I basically had nothing interesting to say and he left. He was talking about how someone invited him to thanksgiving dinner in Canada and he didn't know why they stopped contacting him and how he doesn't understand why women always cancel plans and he hasn't dated a woman since 1994 and that he has been laid off at the cartoon network and his cable access show is in it's last year because turner cancelled public access.

I felt bad the whole time and regretted calling him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Consumer Reporter posted:

I just talked to David Liebe Hart on the phone, and he was very nice but he realized I basically had nothing interesting to say and he left. He was talking about how someone invited him to thanksgiving dinner in Canada and he didn't know why they stopped contacting him and how he doesn't understand why women always cancel plans and he hasn't dated a woman since 1994 and that he has been laid off at the cartoon network and his cable access show is in it's last year because turner cancelled public access.

I felt bad the whole time and regretted calling him.

DLH WAS LAID OFF???

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Babylonian posted:

Feb. 10, 2009

Yes! Perfect timing!

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

dans posted:

DLH WAS LAID OFF???

He wasn't that specific, he said they were moving the show to canada so he was only going to be in 25 more episodes (which they would fly him up to canada to do) but he couldn't afford to move there. And he was going to be on the "John C. Reilly show".

He was pretty nice. I like David. I helped him figure out where the trash folder is on aol mail.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I was watching the Sarah Silverman Show and Tim was on it and was pretty funny in a minor role. Also the dude from the It's Not Jackie Chan game was an extra.

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I
I'm surprised no one had mentioned this yet.

"" posted:

Well, we just got the word. There will be no more Nite Live. It was so much fun to make and thank you for all who watched and supported us. Superdeluxe just couldn't keep up with the viral video race.

It's from the most recent email. I for one am really sad, I loved their live stuff on Super Deluxe.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

DarkSun6890 posted:

It's from the most recent email. I for one am really sad, I loved their live stuff on Super Deluxe.

Why can't they just host it on their site? It can't cost that much for them to make. Or is it a bandwidth issue?

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Mike_V posted:

Why can't they just host it on their site? It can't cost that much for them to make. Or is it a bandwidth issue?

Camera crew, special guests, editing, bandwidth. It looks like its super low budget, but its not the two of them loving around in their basement.

H O TAFT
Dec 20, 2007
If you're just joining us, it's 4:47 in the A.M. and you're watching Perspectives.

DarkSun6890 posted:

It was brilliant, and completely different from Awesome Show.
So does this mean we'll never know Who Dunnit?

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting

H O TAFT posted:

It was brilliant, and completely different from Awesome Show.
So does this mean we'll never know Who Dunnit?
Or it coulda been David Liebe Hart. It might be Tim Heidecker. I think it may have been Eric Wareheimer

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
excellent.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
I saw Stella last night at a synaguoge (weird I know) and saw a poster for the new awesome tour coming through feb 2nd. I still haven't seen a schedule online, but if you google it you can find lots of shows. Tickets go on sale Friday for DC, OMG I can't waaaaaiiiittt

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to grab some tickets for the Madison show. Kinda sucks that the tickets are almost twice as expensive as they were the last two times I saw them, but I guess they're more popular now.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Bought 2 tickets for the Glass House show. That took care of my brother's christmas gift. Hoo-ray!

I recommend to anyone who lives in LA to not see it at LA Live. That venue sucks balls. The Glass House is uber-small and much more fun.

edit: I'm gonna give him the ticket in a box filled with hot dogs

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 4, 2008

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I
"THIS SUMMER SPAGETTABOUT IT!"
http://timanderic.com/store/spagett_poster.html

I really want one of these.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
From Ray Wise's Random Roles on AV Club:

quote:

Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job (2008)—"Grill Vogel"

RW: Grill Vogel? [Laughs.] The Tim & Eric Awesome Show? Can you spell that for me?

AVC: Do you honestly not know what I'm talking about?

RW: You know, I don't. Is that something I did?

AVC: Yeah! I saw the clip online, and it was you.

RW: What was I doing?

AVC: You played a motivational speaker in a training video about how to hug appropriately in the workplace.

RW: Oh, yes! I remember that now. Was that my name, Grill Vogel? [Laughs] Wow. I do remember that. I did that one afternoon back in Los Angeles. That's one of those things that you do and then you forget all about it, and then you come back to me and call me "Grill Vogel," and I don't know what you're talking about. [Laughs.] My manager called me up and said, "You have to do this show, because everybody digs it. And they got a lot of other people to do it, and they'd like you to do it." I wasn't familiar with them, but I enjoyed working with them, and I thought they were pretty clever guys.

AVC: You should see it. You're good in it.

RW: Good! I'm glad it turned out well. [Laughs.]

Great job!

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
Tim and Eric in Madison? I'm there.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I like how Ray Wise didn't even see the finished product.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mike_V posted:

I like how Ray Wise didn't even see the finished product.

Ray Wise seems like a cool guy. He's the only good thing "Reaper" has going for it.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Deathlove posted:

From Ray Wise's Random Roles on AV Club:

Great job!
I read that this morning and knew the AV club would bring that role up, being fans. That's so awesome that he had no idea what he was doing and probably never will.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Just figured I would inform the thread that John C Reilly is supposed to be on Countdown tonight with Jack Black talking about the Prop 8 musical they're in if anyone likes him outside of the Dr. Steve Brule role.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
http://timandericfiles.doneconsulting.com/09tourpromo.mov

http://timandericfiles.doneconsulting.com/radiospot1.mp3

http://timandericfiles.doneconsulting.com/radiospot2.mp3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiCToX4-oaI

we're going to be able to be able to sing

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006
Eric Wareheim does Maroon 5: http://vimeo.com/2501442

Features the guys from the Flying Lotus video and many more.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
Eric directed the video for Phantom Planet's "Dropped": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y97p4arYLs

Behind the Scenes with Richard Dunn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pdl9WQFVfo

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

I just got the best birthday present a brother could ask for :aaaaa:

yes its painted by him

also note the korendian translation on the bottom left

hambeef fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 14, 2009

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

:m10:
A recent episode of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe about children's shows features Liebe Hart footage from his insane public access bible show.

Damnit, I'm flying down to Claremont only 2 days after they perform at the glass house :(

Hey!
Feb 27, 2001

MORE MONEY = BETTER THAN
Just got tickets to the DC show. I'm excited, I hosed up and missed the last tour.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Somebody get the Beaver Boyz on the case, Olive Garden has this on special:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
The last couple of episodes of Awesome Show they've shown on weeknights have been the episodes where Casey gets lost. I never noticed before that it's Steve Mahanahan who picks up Casey in his van.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hey! posted:

Just got tickets to the DC show. I'm excited, I hosed up and missed the last tour.

Hey, me too, at the Sixth and I Synagogue?

Carrot Wheel
May 6, 2007

time is like a circle which is endlessly described

hambeef posted:

too much awesome

Wait, what, how? Did you post a story in this thread about how you became buds with him but that I've missed?

Lucky!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

dans posted:

Hey, me too, at the Sixth and I Synagogue?

That makes 3 of us. Get in line early, it's a terrible place to see a show if you get a bad seat.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Anyone else going to the Richmond, VA show?

Lazy Eye
Sep 5, 2003

Carrot Wheel posted:

Wait, what, how? Did you post a story in this thread about how you became buds with him but that I've missed?

Lucky!

He sells paintings through his myspace account. I got one too which was also awesome.

I found out about it from this link.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YancyDCjew posted:

That makes 3 of us. Get in line early, it's a terrible place to see a show if you get a bad seat.

Well, actually, I'm bringing two other goons, so it'll be a pretty goony crowd.

Carrot Wheel
May 6, 2007

time is like a circle which is endlessly described

Lazy Eye posted:

He sells paintings through his myspace account. I got one too which was also awesome.

I found out about it from this link.

Oh, thanks for posting that.

GruntingCod
Aug 4, 2006
Just got back from the SF show. I arrived without tickets to the sold out show, and lucked out. A handful of under-aged scene kids got the boot and I bought mine from them for half price, as did my friends.

I would've paid $50 (Double normal cost) for the show. Zach Galifianakis was dicking around where I was standing for the show, poking unsuspecting people and screaming about Tim and Eric being cunts or gays or something.

A must see if you even remotely like Tim and Eric, and there are still tickets available in your area.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

GruntingCod posted:

Just got back from the SF show. I arrived without tickets to the sold out show, and lucked out. A handful of under-aged scene kids got the boot and I bought mine from them for half price, as did my friends.

I would've paid $50 (Double normal cost) for the show. Zach Galifianakis was dicking around where I was standing for the show, poking unsuspecting people and screaming about Tim and Eric being cunts or gays or something.

A must see if you even remotely like Tim and Eric, and there are still tickets available in your area.

I tried to talk my friends into going to this but we all mutually agreed to see The State and Stella show instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

GruntingCod posted:

Did zach preform? john c riley showed up for the pomona show. I wonder what LA got?

e: BRULES RULES!!!