Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

baberaham lincoln posted:

sell the cards on e-bay, say they are unique and that nothing else like them will ever be created. Or not, I dunno...

I'll hold out until the swirl print cards are released and then sell these as first pressing cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
Didn't see this posted yet, but some the Dudefest 09 line up was revealed the other day.

quote:

American Cheeseburger
Black Ships
Buried Inside
Canadian Rifle
Comadre
Gaza
Get Rad
Harvey Milk
Hatred Surge
Hewhocorrupts
Iron Lung
Mammoth Grinder
Mind Eraser
Phoenix Bodies
Portraits of Past
Punch
Religious as gently caress
Tombs
Torche
Weekend Nachos
Young Widows

and then some more. stay tuned.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Rubber Bob posted:

Yeah.

Is this the part that I start begging you to come to Australia? Maybe it's just because we're in the middle of the loving ocean and don't really get exposed to as much as the US, but everyone over here loving loves you guys to death. I even co-own a small record label / booking company and would assist with whatever we could, if you made it over.

Enough cocksucking though. Not often us Aussies get to personally compliment one of our favorite bands/musicians though.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ASSASSINS! posted:

Didn't see this posted yet, but some the Dudefest 09 line up was revealed the other day.

When and where is this happening? Hewhocorrupts!!!

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I dunno if there are any shirt/zine/ephemera collectors but I'm about to drop a few bennies on a zine, shirt and poster collection. Finally get a Zone shirt, the Lip Cream shirt with the klansman whipping a girl, and other beauties.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just bought tickets for Architects and Misery Signals on friday. Though I have yet to hear Misery Signals new album, how is it?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

I dunno if there are any shirt/zine/ephemera collectors but I'm about to drop a few bennies on a zine, shirt and poster collection. Finally get a Zone shirt, the Lip Cream shirt with the klansman whipping a girl, and other beauties.

Nice. I've spent quite a bit on zines and things like that over the years. Crust War issues, Lip Cream/Outo "Bloody Summer" 89 tour poster, Burning Spirits new years 88/89 poster, various Japanese zines with articles that I will one day translate once my Japanese gets better, etc.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Just got a really nice japanese book on the Stalin with shitloads of flyers and a live DVD. Never saw it before but it seems pretty common due to how its printed. I'm getting a bunch of other japanese stuff I'll try to take pics of for ya.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Just got a really nice japanese book on the Stalin with shitloads of flyers and a live DVD. Never saw it before but it seems pretty common due to how its printed. I'm getting a bunch of other japanese stuff I'll try to take pics of for ya.

Cool. I know the book you're talking about, I'm still trying to get a copy myself. I do have another Stalin book that has tons of live pics, plus a list of all their shows and setlists for a bunch of em too.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Iron Lung posted:

When and where is this happening? Hewhocorrupts!!!

Dude Fest takes place in Indianapolis, Indiana.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

RagingPawn posted:

Just bought tickets for Architects and Misery Signals on friday. Though I have yet to hear Misery Signals new album, how is it?

If you even remotely liked Mirrors you'll be blown the gently caress away by Controller.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

ASSASSINS! posted:

You know, if Portraits of Past keeps playing shows and I can find bootlegs, maybe I can forgive Funeral Diner for splitting up. :unsmith:

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

CNM, I ended up buying more records this time but I'm still getting the shirts/posters. The guy I bought from gave me an Extinct Government short scarf printed on real nice cotton.. sweeeeet

Rubber Bob
Apr 9, 2001

Cathab posted:

Is this the part that I start begging you to come to Australia? Maybe it's just because we're in the middle of the loving ocean and don't really get exposed to as much as the US, but everyone over here loving loves you guys to death. I even co-own a small record label / booking company and would assist with whatever we could, if you made it over.

Enough cocksucking though. Not often us Aussies get to personally compliment one of our favorite bands/musicians though.

Seriously? We'd loving love to be able to come over to Australia sometimes. We've been talking about it for quite some time, but I'm not sure if it'll work out. Maybe towards the end of the year. We've got pretty much stuff planned for spring/summer, at least.

What's the name of your label? Would seriously love to come to Australia. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Last night I went to my first hosed Up show at my newest favorite venue in Philly (Kung Fu Necktie). The set was loud, energetic, sweaty and chaotic. The singer climbed on top of the bar and sang half of "Crusades" there, and then proceeded to crush an egg roll on his chest and throw it into the crowd. This was the best show I've ever been to.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
Any chance anyone has 2 extra tickets to Amebix in SF? My friend, who claimed responsibility for getting the tickets a few months ago totally hosed up and now I have to clamor poo poo together. I'm going to stab myself in the fuckign face

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

-Atom- posted:

If you even remotely liked Mirrors you'll be blown the gently caress away by Controller.

Yes. This man speaks the truth. I loved 7A7P and was devastated that they broke up. Misery Signals was like a dream come true and their first EP was great, then Malice came and I thought it was brilliant. Then they dropped their singer and when Mirrors came out I pretty much dismissed it for a while which was absolutely retarded on my end because after giving it a shot a few months after it was already out I really regretted not being into it right away. When Controller came out I was all over it and it really is their best work. Misery Signals is one of the few bands in the scene that constantly gets better with every release.

edit: I was at the Misery Signals show in NYC recently where they had to drop off because the singer had mono or whatever. I was stuck watching no good bands and the headliner was Bring Me the Horizon who are quite possibly the worst worst band in the scene right now. Girls loving screaming their heads off because they think the lead singer is hot. Chug riff beatdowns that are completely out of place with their bullshit music. It was one of the worst experiences I've had at a show ever.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 23, 2009

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

If anyone wants to get some Japanese HC/thrashcore CDs for cheap, please go here.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

ShoogaSlim posted:

edit: I was at the Misery Signals show in NYC recently where they had to drop off because the singer had mono or whatever. I was stuck watching no good bands and the headliner was Bring Me the Horizon who are quite possibly the worst worst band in the scene right now. Girls loving screaming their heads off because they think the lead singer is hot. Chug riff beatdowns that are completely out of place with their bullshit music. It was one of the worst experiences I've had at a show ever.

Did I meet you at that show? I was at the exact same one complaining about the exact same thing to these two guys. I love The Ghost Inside, so at least they showed up and played. Confide was weird and poppy, and BMTH was absolute poo poo. Seriously, ALL you could hear were girls screaming. It's the first show I've ever been to where the girls outnumbered the guys by so much. And apparently Misery Signals had an incredible set list as well. That day made me sad, but was at least somewhat saved when TGI played and confused and pissed the poo poo out of all the teeny screamo girls. :)

Edit: Nthing the praise for Controller. It took me a bit to get into it since the production put me off at first. Once you get past that, you won't stop listening to it. I know I haven't. It's amazing how clear Karl's voice is too, I've learned the lyrics for a lot of the songs without having to ever look them up.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 23, 2009

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

The Dark Wind posted:

Did I meet you at that show? I was at the exact same one complaining about the exact same thing to these two guys. I love The Ghost Inside, so at least they showed up and played. Confide was weird and poppy, and BMTH was absolute poo poo. Seriously, ALL you could hear were girls screaming. It's the first show I've ever been to where the girls outnumbered the guys by so much. And apparently Misery Signals had an incredible set list as well. That day made me sad, but was at least somewhat saved when TGI played and confused and pissed the poo poo out of all the teeny screamo girls. :)

Edit: Nthing the praise for Controller. It took me a bit to get into it since the production put me off at first. Once you get past that, you won't stop listening to it. I know I haven't. It's amazing how clear Karl's voice is too, I've learned the lyrics for a lot of the songs without having to ever look them up.

Did you have long hair with like a headband around it? Are you friends with a really short girl that was there too? I remember speaking to someone like that at the show while The Ghost Inside was on talking about how MS couldn't make it.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just got back from Misery Signals. Wow. They really were awesome. They sound so much better live than on CD. The headliners, Architects were also amazing, I remember seeing them play last year in a pub near where I live, and now they are headlining a big tour like this, it's pretty cool.

The only bad thing was the show was full of little kids wearing headbands and New Era hats in the pits just kicking poo poo out of each other and anyone nearby. I don't see the point.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

RagingPawn posted:

Just got back from Misery Signals. Wow. They really were awesome. They sound so much better live than on CD. The headliners, Architects were also amazing, I remember seeing them play last year in a pub near where I live, and now they are headlining a big tour like this, it's pretty cool.

The only bad thing was the show was full of little kids wearing headbands and New Era hats in the pits just kicking poo poo out of each other and anyone nearby. I don't see the point.

It's called hardcore dancing :confused:

granted some people are way waay more obnoxious about it than others but it's kind of an endless debate on if it's acceptable or not. I know when I dance I definitely hit people on the sides of the pit, it's just how it goes. Hope you're not the type that brings his gf and gets all riled up when she gets hit cause she was headbanging in the middle of the pit.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Rubber Bob posted:

Seriously? We'd loving love to be able to come over to Australia sometimes. We've been talking about it for quite some time, but I'm not sure if it'll work out. Maybe towards the end of the year. We've got pretty much stuff planned for spring/summer, at least.

What's the name of your label? Would seriously love to come to Australia. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Record label can be found at https://www.myspace.com/yourdaughtersrecords

Still very early days yet, but we've been doing bookings for local bands for a long time now. We could probably point you in the right direction of people who could organise things like gear / places to stay for you if you did end up over here though, to save on costs.

But yeah, enough fanboyism, hahah. Just figured you'd like to know that there's plenty of people all the way on the other side of the planet who can't get enough of you guys. Drop us a line if you'd be interested in getting over here and we'll put all our time/effort into trying to help out. Cheers.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

granted some people are way waay more obnoxious about it than others but it's kind of an endless debate on if it's acceptable or not. I know when I dance I definitely hit people on the sides of the pit, it's just how it goes. Hope you're not the type that brings his gf and gets all riled up when she gets hit cause she was headbanging in the middle of the pit.

No, I understand hardcore dancing, and I love being in a pit as much as other people, but I don't see the point in purpusfully elbowing and kicking people who blatently don't want to be in the pit.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

RagingPawn posted:

No, I understand hardcore dancing, and I love being in a pit as much as other people, but I don't see the point in purpusfully elbowing and kicking people who blatently don't want to be in the pit.

It's a recognised risk, just like being at the front carries a chance of someone jumping off the stage and landing on you.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

If anyone wants to get some Japanese HC/thrashcore CDs for cheap, please go here.

you need to stop posting things, because i need to stop buying things. i bought those. please dont tease me for my ebay name! its like 7 years old.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

ShoogaSlim posted:

Did you have long hair with like a headband around it? Are you friends with a really short girl that was there too? I remember speaking to someone like that at the show while The Ghost Inside was on talking about how MS couldn't make it.

Nah, I had short hair and went alone to that. Guess there are more of us out there! I'm hoping Misery Signals will come around in the summer again, or possibly even sooner. I've been listening to them so much lately.

Also, why was Architects headlining? I get the impression that they aren't as well known as other groups. Maybe it's just different in the UK.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

The Dark Wind posted:

Also, why was Architects headlining? I get the impression that they aren't as well known as other groups. Maybe it's just different in the UK.

They're from Brighton, I imagine they have a big following in the UK. They're also loving sweet. I'm not too big on bands like them usually, but they're pretty good.

Also, I gave a spin to my old Life at These Speeds albums. I wish they hadn't split up.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Competition posted:

It's a recognised risk, just like being at the front carries a chance of someone jumping off the stage and landing on you.

being tall sucks. I feel sorry for the people that get hit with my elbows.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

There's a difference between hardcore dancing and the type of faggots he's on about.
Basically the bring me the horizon crowd.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

you need to stop posting things, because i need to stop buying things. i bought those. please dont tease me for my ebay name! its like 7 years old.

Thanks! I'll ship em out asap. And I thought your ebay name was funny, in a good way!

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Parachute Underwear posted:

Also, I gave a spin to my old Life at These Speeds albums. I wish they hadn't split up.

Same here, definitely one of my favorite bands.

mAndrew
Sep 21, 2008

ASSASSINS! posted:

Holy poo poo. My goal is to get my band to play 2009.

ShoogaSlim posted:

Whatever happened to circle pits, and general mayhem? That windmill bullshit just makes me go... :smith:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

mAndrew posted:

Whatever happened to circle pits, and general mayhem? That windmill bullshit just makes me go... :smith:

Dude, circle pits make me go :smithicide: A lot of bands call that poo poo out nowadays I guess trying to bring it back. I loving HATE it.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Some RTL news, it looks like his dive off the deep end isn't due to him stopping his meds but more to do with an addiction to crack. The guy will be dead within the year methinks, probably suicide though I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up murdered.

NWS (tits and stuff in avatars) http://www.hardcorewebsite.net/bored/viewtopic.php?t=13882

p.s. Circle pits never seem to take off, the worst is when a band comes from somewhere where they are popular and won't shut up trying to get one started.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
Amebix tonight, going to get real high and try to get in somehow. Just found out Thorns of Life are playing two Bay area shows this week and a bunch of other poo poo too - we went from a 1-2 month show drought to maximum sweetness in a minute.

Saw Blackbird Raum again on Friday, I'm not real into folk punk but they're good enough for me to take notice.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Competition posted:

Some RTL news, it looks like his dive off the deep end isn't due to him stopping his meds but more to do with an addiction to crack. The guy will be dead within the year methinks, probably suicide though I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up murdered.

NWS (tits and stuff in avatars) http://www.hardcorewebsite.net/bored/viewtopic.php?t=13882

p.s. Circle pits never seem to take off, the worst is when a band comes from somewhere where they are popular and won't shut up trying to get one started.

Hahaha! Eastcoast Hardcore Website Message Board. I used to post there all the time. A lot of drama occurred on that board. Browsing over the main page of GD there's a post about the greatness of All Out War, so true, one of the greatest bands of all time.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Good lord that board is hard to read. I'm not terribly into the hardcore scene, is it all a lot of that poo poo? Or is that more endemic of the New York scene?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

gerfatty posted:

Good lord that board is hard to read. I'm not terribly into the hardcore scene, is it all a lot of that poo poo? Or is that more endemic of the New York scene?

It's less a general hardcore music discussion board and more a who you know discussion that happens to be also about hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

It's less a general hardcore music discussion board and more a who you know discussion that happens to be also about hardcore.

I think it's just ridiculously hilarious that everyone seems to think writing in all-caps is a perfectly normal thing to do. It was a mildly entertaining read, but jesus does it get annoying after a while. It's EXACTLY like reading rapper beef.