Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I'm arguing with myself if really want to see Big Reel Fish/Streetlight Manifesto tomorrow; tickets sold out and I found a guy on Craigslist selling the tickets for regular price + ticketmaster fees. For people who seen them play and are more of casual fans is worth being poor for a few days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
New BTMI! album drops tomorrow. Just a heads up.

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang

Sugar Blaster posted:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH (This is not PHIZ)

I'll be sure to download it, though. I have to see them next time they come through.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sugar Blaster posted:

Is it going to be up for free on their website?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I would imagine so, since they don't print their own albums.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
drat I'm out of the loop, I didn't know it was coming out this soon. Hopefully it'll be kickass.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Sugar Blaster posted:

QUR Splash Page posted:

Fresh Attitude, Young Body by Bomb the Music Industry! from the album Scrambles. To be released on January 22nd, 2009.
But, uh, also this:

quote:

2009 will also see us reissuing the entire Arrogant Sons of Bitches discography. For those who don't know, this band had many members of the Quote Unquote Records family before Quote Unquote started. From the salvagable, to the horrible, to the rare, to the songs that were recorded five times, EVERY SONG WILL BE RELEASED starting January 7th, 2009 with the re-release of Three Cheers for Disappointment. We will also be re-releasing a remastered version of Cheap Girls' Find Me a Drink Home and Paper & Plastick will be handling the vinyl re-released. Cool right? And we're also gonna revamp the website to make it "better."
Which is loving awesome, but they missed that date apparantly?

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Evil Vin posted:

I'm arguing with myself if really want to see Big Reel Fish/Streetlight Manifesto tomorrow; tickets sold out and I found a guy on Craigslist selling the tickets for regular price + ticketmaster fees. For people who seen them play and are more of casual fans is worth being poor for a few days?

If you end up not going, you can come see my improv show at the broadway comedy club instead, since I had to forgo the concert to host it. Misery loves company!

But if you are on the fence, it's usually a great time to go. Big shows in the city can be a little hectic sometimes. It's also a little rare to have a great lineup like that, so you probably wouldn't regret it.

I'm really pumped for the new BTMI album. I hate that I keep missing all the little under the radar shows they play. They had one on the 22nd that would have been great to go to, and now they're going to be in Europe for a while. Hopefully this album will tide me over until they get back. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they're re-release got delayed because of the copyright fiasco that QUR went through earlier in December.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
The new BTMI! album is definitely not coming out tomorrow.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

Since it's going to be on the donation based label? Yes.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Evil Vin posted:

The Roseland show? You can still purchase tickets from the LiveNation website.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I was kind of mad that I couldn't go see RBF and Streetlight together

But since Streetlight won't be co-headlining when I see them that means more Streetlight (Hopefully, the set list someone mentioned earlier seemed really short)

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

interpunct posted:

The Roseland show? You can still purchase tickets from the LiveNation website.

Oh really? Ticketmaster seemed to tell me they were sold out. Hmm I wonder if I can buy them at the box office tomorrow and save the 8 buck per ticket fee.

edit: I'm going to chance it.

Evil Vin fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 20, 2009

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does anyone know what's up with this possible Bosstones release? Punk News has an album up called "Impossible Dream/Next To Nothing"

Oh, I guess it's a vinyl, that's why I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

TLG James posted:

Does anyone know what's up with this possible Bosstones release? Punk News has an album up called "Impossible Dream/Next To Nothing"

Oh, I guess it's a vinyl, that's why I can't find it for sale anywhere.

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=163641&

I've already bought mine

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

hedgecore posted:

The new BTMI! album is definitely not coming out tomorrow.
It was changed, yes, because as of yesterday it was set to be released today.

It'll definitely be worth the wait though. Almost all of the new songs are out there if you know where to look.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Sugar Blaster posted:

It was changed, yes, because as of yesterday it was set to be released today.

It'll definitely be worth the wait though. Almost all of the new songs are out there if you know where to look.

ahahaha oh my god

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

whelp! thanks fer playin jeff!

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
best reason to not release an album ever

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Woooo my ticket for Streetlight just got here.

Is anyone else going to the show at the Penny Arcade on the 31st

The Pettifogger
May 11, 2007
I'm almost positive you should put the mafia down as RIP. They're from my town and they've been defunct for some time now.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

dnz posted:

ahahaha oh my god

Little Brother is the best loving song ever

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

So last night at the RBF/Streetlight/Tip the Van show in NYC Streetlight played some song that Tomas said was going to be on the next album. So I guess it was a cover of...something. Anybody know what that something was?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thornes posted:

So last night at the RBF/Streetlight/Tip the Van show in NYC Streetlight played some song that Tomas said was going to be on the next album. So I guess it was a cover of...something. Anybody know what that something was?

It was probably Linoleum by NOFX, they seem to cover that a lot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Jesus I really don't want that on the new album

I really don't want NOFX on there

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

They cover a lot of different songs, not just NOFX. Also their cover of linoleum is awesome and I hope it's on one of their next albums. Which it probably will be, I remember hearing they have plans for 2 or 3 new albums, one of them being a cover album from 'risc group bands' (I assume Streetlight, BOTAR, and Dan Potthast/Stitch UP) called 99 songs of revolution.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Josh Wow posted:

They cover a lot of different songs, not just NOFX. Also their cover of linoleum is awesome and I hope it's on one of their next albums. Which it probably will be, I remember hearing they have plans for 2 or 3 new albums, one of them being a cover album from 'risc group bands' (I assume Streetlight, BOTAR, and Dan Potthast/Stitch UP) called 99 songs of revolution.

Last I heard it's 8 albums total, 4 bands involved, 2 albums/band

Only bands confirmed are Streetlight and BOTAR

EDIT straight from the band's site

quote:

The 99 Songs of Revolution Project will consist of 8 full length records. Two from SM, two from BOTAR, and two each from two other SM related groups. Yes, this is indeed the record that Victory mistakingly posted as coming out in Oct of 08. Not sure how they got that date, but it was never even a possibility. The first SM record for 99SOR will be out in early 2009, simultaneously with another of the 8 CDs (no, not the BOTAR one). Victory will be putting out the CDs and mp3s and Pentimento will be releasing and distributing the vinyl. We are aware of our reputation to take forever to release records and miss our self imposed deadlines, so we are not giving anyone solid dates, not even our labels. Early 09 release, that's it. We are, though, working hard on it. The demos are all but done and we head into the studio to begin tracking in October. Our upcoming tour schedule, as you know, is borderline impossible/insane, so cut us some slack.

You are so late Josh Wow this is from like October

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Yea it's a bunch of dumbass poo poo, I expect about 2 albums to get released out of all this poo poo. Chances are they'll be 2 really good albums though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't know, I could see this all getting done eventually

I don't think it'll all be done on time, in any way shape or form

You know if they'd actually take a break from touring, they might get a complete album finished. Not that I'm complaining I'm ust saying

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
I saw Reel Big Fish for the first time last night. Is Monique Powell on the tour with them or did I just get really, really lucky?

Also, I got Tip The Van's EP and then got it autographed. During Streetlight, I wanted to yell "99 Songs Of Revolution!" a few times but I never found the right moment.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Aww Cute Kitty! posted:

I saw Reel Big Fish for the first time last night. Is Monique Powell on the tour with them or did I just get really, really lucky?

Also, I got Tip The Van's EP and then got it autographed. During Streetlight, I wanted to yell "99 Songs Of Revolution!" a few times but I never found the right moment.

dude that's awesome

I like Rachel Minton better when they do Girlfriend Now but dang that is just awesome

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Aww Cute Kitty! posted:

What else is she up to?

I prefer Scott in a girly voice.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Hey, what the hell is this?!

Madness is releasing a new album?!?!

It's called "The Liberty Of Norton Folgate"

They have some songs up on their MySpace!

E: A fifth line of text, longer than the last for good measure.

Double edit: Wait, I didn't realize they were still together. Man that makes my news less special. How about news that The Specials are doing a reunion tour? It's for their 30th anniversary.

snackcakes fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 23, 2009

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!

Aww Cute Kitty! posted:

You know now that i'm 21 that sucks to be under 21 song doesn't apply to me anymore and it doesn't sound as good. :(

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Thornes posted:

Hey, what the hell is this?!

Madness is releasing a new album?!?!

It's called "The Liberty Of Norton Folgate"

E: A fifth line of text, longer than the last for good measure.

Double edit: Wait, I didn't realize they were still together. Man that makes my news less special. How about news that The Specials are doing a reunion tour? It's for their 30th anniversary.

They released the Dangermen Sessions a couple years ago. It was all covers I think and it was ok. Kinda owuld just like to see them tour instead of work on new material which is gonna be bad.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thornes posted:

Is that Johnny Depp in the video for "Moodboard"?

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Dickeye posted:

I don't know, I could see this all getting done eventually

I don't think it'll all be done on time, in any way shape or form

You know if they'd actually take a break from touring, they might get a complete album finished. Not that I'm complaining I'm ust saying
Haha. This guy right here expecting anything Tomas related to be finished within a reasonable timeframe. We've been waiting on 99 Songs since like 2001, broseph.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sugar Blaster posted:

Haha. This guy right here expecting anything Tomas related to be finished within a reasonable timeframe. We've been waiting on 99 Songs since like 2001, broseph.

Hopefully the half that he's not playing will be done somewhat on time

I mean I can dream right

agrippina
Dec 25, 2005

Imperium sine fine: sicut meus est mos.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

The Urge is the best ska band ever.

Yes i'm from St. Louis.

I first saw the Urge at SLUH dance in probably 1989. Somewhere I have a box with approximately 100 of their set lists. I still wear my Urge T-shirts. If you know where I can get their really old stuff on CD, I would love it. I miss them SO much. They defined my high school/college experience, and I cried when they broke up.

To contribute otherwise, I also love the Toasters, Bosstones and MU330.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brewineer
Apr 24, 2007
Designing the Perfect Beer, one hop at a time.
It's funny, the first time I heard mention of ska was in a Mission Hill episode, and now it's an all-consuming love. However, I post to right a great wrong, why has no one mentioned Upstanding Youth?

Listen to their EP, 'Kam Highway Catharsis' it is fantastic