Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Barack HUSSEIN posted:

Australian movie about a teacher and schoolchildren who are kidnapped and held for ransom in a cave in the Outback. They eventually find a way out through a pool in the back of the cave.

Picnic at Hanging Rock, but they don't show that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Picnic at Hanging Rock, but they don't show that part.

Incorrect. I believe it's Fortress
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
OK, so TCM occasionally shows really, REALLY old stuff that makes you wonder where the gently caress they even got the film.

Anyway, a while back my roommates and I caught this:

-Black and white
-Guessing 1920s or 30s
-The main characters were all talking dogs, I think poodles, that were trained to walk on their hind legs. Thing is, they didn't do it so well, so it's edited to almost a seizure-inducing point.
-The, um, plot had something to do with the white dogs in the jungle, and the female dog was kidnapped by a bunch of black dogs that who all talked in a horribly racist sambo-esqe accent
-There were some other animals in there, I think, but the dogs were the only anthropomorphic characters

I don't know why the hell I didn't check the TV Guide channel :doh:

A stretch, but thought someone might know.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Those are probably the "Dogville" comedy shorts, by MGM. Here's one about prison, here's one about attempted rape, and I believe this is the one you saw, "Trader Hound".

Also, what the gently caress?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Holy poo poo, well done sir. I may do a thread about these some time when I'm not at work

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Those are probably the "Dogville" comedy shorts, by MGM. Here's one about prison, here's one about attempted rape, and I believe this is the one you saw, "Trader Hound".

Also, what the gently caress?

wow...
thanks for sharing.

yes
Aug 26, 2004

A few years ago I saw an independent film about a group of boys who accidentally shoot someone in the neck and spend an entire night trying to get rid of his body. It was set in a neighborhood in New York City (I think it might have been in Brooklyn), and I'm pretty sure the movie was named after that neighborhood. No amount of googling has led me to my answer. Can anyone help?

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

sach posted:

A few years ago I saw an independent film about a group of boys who accidentally shoot someone in the neck and spend an entire night trying to get rid of his body. It was set in a neighborhood in New York City (I think it might have been in Brooklyn), and I'm pretty sure the movie was named after that neighborhood. No amount of googling has led me to my answer. Can anyone help?

i believe you're thinking of Gravesend
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119220/
Gravesend is a neighborhood in Brooklyn. and it deals with exactly what you're talking about (though i don't remember too well if the person was shot in the neck)

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 20, 2009

yes
Aug 26, 2004

Venialblur posted:

i believe you're thinking of Gravesend
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119220/
Gravesend is a neighborhood in Brooklyn. and it deals with exactly what you're talking about (though i don't remember too well if the person was shot in the neck)

Thanks so much for the quick and accurate reply.

yes fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 20, 2009

Radd McCool
Dec 3, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Camera is looking down at a guy with a mustache who is looking up, arms raised a bit and out to his side. There's a lot of winder blowing against him from the front, strobe lights are going off and he says, "I understand now! It was never about the money!"

e: And I vaguely recall some cartoon commie propaganda film I liked from when I was like, 3 or 4. It's an artist who defeats the villain in a cathedral or something with his powers of painting/imagination and I think it ends off with him sitting under a tree. This ring any bells?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
"Chicken pot pie, and I don't care......I brought my lunch today!"

"Jimmy Crack Corn", but lyrics changed. It was from some TV movie from the 70's or 80's. The premise was a poor latchkey kid who ate out of dumpsters, and was sick of the school lunch, so he wrote his "Chicken Pot Pie" opus.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
There was this film I saw long ago. I think it's Spanish, but I'm not sure. From what I recall it's about a bunch of guys who decide to move in together. It ends with one of them being poisoned by his ex-wife/girlfriend/whatever. The final scene (and main reason I remember this film at all) is one of the most moving scenes I have ever seen. The remaining guys are in a restaurant. A waitress notices that one of the seats is empty and asks if she should remove it. The guys tell her their friend is sitting there and then have a toast and a ghostly figure of their dead friend joins in.

Afro Thunder
Sep 4, 2003

Makin blunts disappear like Im houdini
Saw this almost a decade ago on TV.

It's a horror movie. All I can say is that it stars a guy, and they can identify the people that have been taken over by a band aid or something to that extent on the back of their neck.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Afro Thunder posted:

Saw this almost a decade ago on TV.

It's a horror movie. All I can say is that it stars a guy, and they can identify the people that have been taken over by a band aid or something to that extent on the back of their neck.

Thread favorite: Invaders from Mars.

Dr. Coffee
Apr 2, 2007

It either came out within the last year or is in the post production. It's a western involving some sort of priest and has various elements of rock and roll and appeared extremely stylized. That's all I got really.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
This has been bugging me all morning. There's a scene in a movie (might have been a tv show) where either high government official (president?) or someone high in a corporate role is in an office building they're not usually at. They drain the coffee pot, and get chewed out by some secretary or something for not refilling it.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Dr. Coffee posted:

It either came out within the last year or is in the post production. It's a western involving some sort of priest and has various elements of rock and roll and appeared extremely stylized. That's all I got really.

This? http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14690

I honestly hope not because it's the first hit in google for western priest. :smug:

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Citizen Jerk posted:

I honestly hope not because it's the first hit in google for western priest. :smug:

Yeah that movie that hasn't been made yet is the the one.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Dr. Coffee posted:

or is in the post production.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

jeff8472 posted:

This has been bugging me all morning. There's a scene in a movie (might have been a tv show) where either high government official (president?) or someone high in a corporate role is in an office building they're not usually at. They drain the coffee pot, and get chewed out by some secretary or something for not refilling it.

there's an episode of The Wire where the mayor is walking around the police station and does this and Kima tears him a new one.
that it?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Venialblur posted:

there's an episode of The Wire where the mayor is walking around the police station and does this and Kima tears him a new one.
that it?

YES! I had the details a little fuzzy, but now I can picture Carcetti getting torn into. Thanks.

Dr. Coffee
Apr 2, 2007

Citizen Jerk posted:

Nope, that isn't it. This is driving me nuts.

Kolchak
May 3, 2006

If I don't tell this story now, I don't think I ever will.

Dr. Coffee posted:

Nope, that isn't it. This is driving me nuts.
Is it The Good, the Bad and the Weird?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=imgdpz_0m-8

It's a stylized Western and the trailer uses some rock & roll, dunno about the priest though...

Dr. Coffee
Apr 2, 2007

drat, I've been meaning to see that too. Still not it though.

If I'm being too vague than never mind guys. Sorry.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I posted about this back in July but never got an answer.

Sporadic posted:

This was either on TCM or AMC

I don't remember much of it but it was set in the Africa and had a cast of a tough guy with a moustache, a younger British guy and a beautiful blond.

One scene had the guy with the moustache just stand there while one of the natives threw spears at him, get progressively closer and closer. I believe when one landed between his legs, he just lit a cigar and the chief looked pleased.

There's another scene where native girls come in and strip the blond (behind a screen) to bath her. The younger British guy comes in and the native girls strip him down to his underwear than chase him out the hut while giggling.

Not much to go on but I was flipping channels.

The tough guy getting javelins thrown at him looked like Gerald McRaney and I would guess it was made some time in the 1960s

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 26, 2009

Bored Member
Oct 14, 2003
Within the past twelve to eighteen months I saw a preview on a dvd for a comedy horror movie about two friends holed up inside a house while the end of the world happens outside. I could've sworn Seth Rogen was one of the guys but going over his page on imdb turns up nothing.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bored Member posted:

Within the past twelve to eighteen months I saw a preview on a dvd for a comedy horror movie about two friends holed up inside a house while the end of the world happens outside. I could've sworn Seth Rogen was one of the guys but going over his page on imdb turns up nothing.

Jay and Seth vs. The Apocalypse

It was a fake trailer meant to drum up interest in a potential full length movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehNFPShWTsg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_and_Seth_vs._The_Apocalypse

m0therfux0r
Oct 11, 2007

me.
I posted this in the other version of this thread last week, but it's really destroying my soul trying to figure this out so I'll try again.

I'm pretty sure I saw this on the Sci-Fi channel, and it would have been the late 90s.

I don't remember the plot, and I tuned in like halfway through. All I remember was that it was a horror movie, and if I remember correctly (this is hazy) one or more of the characters' arms could detach (and possibly attack people?). At the end of the movie, one or more of the characters ends up going into some weird acid bath/gene splicing machine combo and is fused with another person or something like that (a la "The Fly"). I remember most of it being pretty gory.

I remember the TV Guide channel or whatever it was called back then listed it, but all I remember is that (I think) it was called something like "Slivers" or "Sliver," but I've never been able to find it looking through IMDB. And no, it is definitely not the Sharon Stone movie, "Sliver," nor is it Cronenberg's "Shivers." I may not have even seen the right name on the channel.

The other thread suggested "Splinter," but that came out last year so is obviously not it. This definitely appeared to be from the 80s.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

m0therfux0r posted:

I posted this in the other version of this thread last week, but it's really destroying my soul trying to figure this out so I'll try again.

I'm pretty sure I saw this on the Sci-Fi channel, and it would have been the late 90s.

I don't remember the plot, and I tuned in like halfway through. All I remember was that it was a horror movie, and if I remember correctly (this is hazy) one or more of the characters' arms could detach (and possibly attack people?). At the end of the movie, one or more of the characters ends up going into some weird acid bath/gene splicing machine combo and is fused with another person or something like that (a la "The Fly"). I remember most of it being pretty gory.

I remember the TV Guide channel or whatever it was called back then listed it, but all I remember is that (I think) it was called something like "Slivers" or "Sliver," but I've never been able to find it looking through IMDB. And no, it is definitely not the Sharon Stone movie, "Sliver," nor is it Cronenberg's "Shivers." I may not have even seen the right name on the channel.

The other thread suggested "Splinter," but that came out last year so is obviously not it. This definitely appeared to be from the 80s.

That sounds like it could be Severed Ties:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101368/

m0therfux0r
Oct 11, 2007

me.

zombieman posted:

That sounds like it could be Severed Ties:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101368/

YES! That's definitely it. For the last few years I was beginning to doubt this even existed. Even though it's kind of far off, at least I can see why I kept thinking of titles with s and v in it. Thanks.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sporadic posted:

I posted about this back in July but never got an answer.

The tough guy getting javelins thrown at him looked like Gerald McRaney and I would guess it was made some time in the 1960s

Xould it possibly be Carry On Up The Jungle?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

What the hell trailer did I see on Sunday? Very spooky looking fellow with a big white mask w/ panda eyes and a big rifle Vs. goth with silly hats / some bumf about a struggling writer creating the character? One word title.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

What the hell trailer did I see on Sunday? Very spooky looking fellow with a big white mask w/ panda eyes and a big rifle Vs. goth with silly hats / some bumf about a struggling writer creating the character? One word title.

It wasn't Watchmen, was it?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Franklyn

Looks like they're going the Equilibrium route - ripping off other stuff then mixing it all together.

DocBrown
Apr 11, 2007

by Ozma
I saw this movie years ago and I can never remember the name. With my stupidity it's probably something famous and I just forgot the name. Aliens invade a small town in the US and only a kid realizes this. Eventually it is found out that the only thing that can kill these aliens is copper. The US military boards one of the ships and blows up the alien king who looks like that big floating one eyed monster from Doom. What movie is this!!!!????

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

DocBrown posted:

I saw this movie years ago and I can never remember the name. With my stupidity it's probably something famous and I just forgot the name. Aliens invade a small town in the US and only a kid realizes this. Eventually it is found out that the only thing that can kill these aliens is copper. The US military boards one of the ships and blows up the alien king who looks like that big floating one eyed monster from Doom. What movie is this!!!!????

Same one as I answered before a few posts up: Invaders from Mars.

DocBrown
Apr 11, 2007

by Ozma

Sizzlechest posted:

Same one as I answered before a few posts up: Invaders from Mars.

Haha you're right. It's funny how me and the dude above me describing the same movie took to heart different parts of that flick.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
What's this avatar from,

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Pweller posted:

What's this avatar from,

Re-animator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

therattle posted:

Xould it possibly be Carry On Up The Jungle?

I don't think so. This movie seemed to play it straight which made me guess it was from some time in 60s.

-edit More info, I'm pretty sure the three people were apart of a exploration party from the UK and the tough guy was wearing one of those weird white helmets

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 27, 2009