Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

kimbo305 posted:

The ST205 is awesome, but I think the ST185 and its popups looks way more 90s-modern.
Yeah, I agree. I prefer the backend on the 205 and the frontend on the 185. If only I could have both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowspeedracer
Oct 6, 2007

03 Nissan Sentra Spec V with the winter wheels and winter snow. Michigan sucks this time of year.

Not shown, Passenger side where woman neglected to obey the stop sign.

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no

dangerz posted:

Just picked it up a couple months ago. 2000, mn6, Borla Quad Stingers and some audio mods.

Really surprised nobody's commented on this - it looks so drat bad rear end and what an awesome photo to boot. We don't see many Corvettes in the UK so the sight of one's a welcome one - nice colour too.

Here's a photo of my garage as it stands today:

Will post individual pics if anybody's interested.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Blow Dog posted:

THREAD OVER. CUT HERE: 8<---------------------------------------

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
please god tell me that is a v10

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Hatebreed posted:

Well I think I see an intercooler, so I'm guessing it's the V8 TDI, they didn't put the V10 in the Q7.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Hatebreed posted:

If Biowedge bought fast food instead of cars, he'd be the ultimate :btroll:.

:j: "Would you like to go supersize on that?"
:c00l: "Yes. Yes I would."

Personally, I'm just having a little mental difficulty with the idea of a Q7 being driven by someone who actually knows how to, rather than a stereotypical trophy wife.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

DropShadow posted:

not until porter posts his cars

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Dancing Hog posted:

Well I think I see an intercooler, so I'm guessing it's the V8 TDI, they didn't put the V10 in the Q7.

just lie to me and stop ruining the picture :(

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no
Sorry guys it's just the 3.0TDi V6 - although I have to say it's still a mental car, really quick considering it generates its own gravity.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hatebreed posted:

just lie to me and stop ruining the picture :(

If there's anything ruining the shot it's that the drat Audi is blocking the Alpina and the 911. :v:

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Blow Dog posted:

Really surprised nobody's commented on this - it looks so drat bad rear end and what an awesome photo to boot. We don't see many Corvettes in the UK so the sight of one's a welcome one - nice colour too.

BMW Pics please :P

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

Blow Dog posted:

Q7
:hfive: 3.0 TDI Q7 buddy.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Steve. posted:

:hfive: 3.0 TDI Q7 buddy.

I've driven one of those. 1800 miles in 4 days actually. Bit of a brutal marathon that was. The engine is simply stupendous.

Proof:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Blow Dog posted:

What Porsche is that?

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

RealKyleH posted:

What Porsche is that?
997 GT3

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

DropShadow posted:

Hahaha man you should try that in GBS where it belongs

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

destructo posted:

997 GT3

God drat I am jealous.

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

Jonontherun posted:

Here is another of my car: It all bundled up for winter now though :smith:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Wish i could say the same, but new tires and a couple other expenses ruined my plans for buying a beater.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/Arwox/IPics032.jpg

I HATE having to drive her in the snow... but hopefully its just this one winter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

destructo posted:

997 GT3

I will trade you.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Spamtron7000 posted:

I will trade you.
I'd be curious to hear what you're willing to trade me for a car I don't have :pcgaming:

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Blow Dog posted:

If you didn't have a GT3, I'd probably say I want the Alpina over whatever car you had. That car is awesome.

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

^^^^^^^^
I think thats an m3.

Arwox fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 23, 2009

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Arwox posted:

^^^^^^^^
I think thats an m3.

Nope, Alpina

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

Ahah. I thought only the m3 had that spoiler.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
An M3? What am I a chav? This is an Alpina C2 2.7 :colbert:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Seriously gently caress off with a GT3 :mad:

Here is my new 2f2f car:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Its a nice ride, but basically a glorified Cressida since it doesn't have the turbo's.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

two_beer_bishes posted:

Nope, Alpina

Yeah, the wheels were a dead giveaway right? That is assuming they were the original wheels :)

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

-Spiffy- posted:

Its a nice ride, but basically a glorified Cressida since it doesn't have the turbo's.

Nice car... If you weren't on the other side of the world I'd offer to buy the advans. :)

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

RealKyleH posted:

An M3? What am I a chav? This is an Alpina C2 2.7 :colbert:

Of course not, only footballers have GT3s and Q7s.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

tractorcrusher posted:

Nice car... If you weren't on the other side of the world I'd offer to buy the advans. :)

They are hosed now. I don't have the tool to get the center cap off and I had to replace the back tyres. The threads were dirty as all hell and the cap wouldn't unscrew without the force of Zeus.

Long story short, the center caps are off for the forseeable future and 2 of the center cap lug nuts are scratched to the poo poo because they are made of a soft metal.

It doesn't look bad without the center caps, but you can tell somethings missing.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle
I love her, I've wanted one of these since I was six years old. Needs interior work, and I'm putting in a discreet radio system (after I replace the master cylinder :( )

porter
Dec 30, 2003

In 2008 I had a few interesting vehicles. I usually had no more than 4 at any one time. The SLR was my favorite and I regret having gotten rid of it. Silly emotional decision.

Had lots of track time in the car. I let my girlfriend track it too as I displayed my gay pride helmet.

For most of the year my daily was a Bentley CGT. Good power and fun to drive but a huge pig on gas. Was at the gas station every couple days. The hassle of that alone was irritating. That said, in its defense, I probably have a bit of a heavy foot.

The woman's vehicle:

The R8 was fun. The magnetic suspension was groovy and the handling was razor sharp. Nobody does interiors like Audi and it was nice to have nav and bluetooth and all that other poo poo. A bit underpowered for my taste and a bit feminine style-wise, however a good car all in all.

Also had a Murcielago. Old Diablo chassis showed its age. It creaked, and build quality wasn't great. Power was sluggish down low. Difficult to track properly. The AWD was clumsy and invasive. On the plus side I liked how it looked.

Near the end of the year I got rid of everything and picked up an LP560. Now this is a good vehicle. Lambo finally got its egear system right, and it shifts perfectly around town and on the track. No more bucking in reverse or up hills. Good little car with ample power.

My daily is now a Jeep. Cloth seats, man tran, and I love it. Plus I never have to wash it, so I save a few bucks on detailing now :dance:

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

porter posted:

In 2008 I had a few interesting vehicles. I usually had no more than 4 at any one time. The SLR was my favorite and I regret having gotten rid of it. Silly emotional decision.

Had lots of track time in the car. I let my girlfriend track it too as I displayed my gay pride helmet.

For most of the year my daily was a Bentley CGT. Good power and fun to drive but a huge pig on gas. Was at the gas station every couple days. The hassle of that alone was irritating. That said, in its defense, I probably have a bit of a heavy foot.

The woman's vehicle:

The R8 was fun. The magnetic suspension was groovy and the handling was razor sharp. Nobody does interiors like Audi and it was nice to have nav and bluetooth and all that other poo poo. A bit underpowered for my taste and a bit feminine style-wise, however a good car all in all.

Also had a Murcielago. Old Diablo chassis showed its age. It creaked, and build quality wasn't great. Power was sluggish down low. Difficult to track properly. The AWD was clumsy and invasive. On the plus side I liked how it looked.

Near the end of the year I got rid of everything and picked up an LP560. Now this is a good vehicle. Lambo finally got its egear system right, and it shifts perfectly around town and on the track. No more bucking in reverse or up hills. Good little car with ample power.

My daily is now a Jeep. Cloth seats, man tran, and I love it. Plus I never have to wash it, so I save a few bucks on detailing now :dance:

Jesus Christ

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
The superbeetle in the previous post is a little underwhealming I have to admit after that display.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

EL Bombastico posted:

not until porter posts his cars

Okay, you were right.

sigtrap posted:

Hahaha man you should try that in GBS where it belongs

sorry sigtrap :D

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
Jesus Christ Porter, what do you do for a living?

To contribute, here's my now-woefully-inadequate 1998 Accord EX-V6 Coupe

It's a great car that has plenty of pickup and lots of personality (unlike most econoboxes), but god drat are those Audis and Lambos a tough act to follow :(

porter
Dec 30, 2003

wintermuteCF posted:

God drat are those Audis and Lambos a tough act to follow :(

By my own admission, I simply got a bit lucky and made some timely choices.

I enjoy the posts you guys make showing your own vehicles and describing all the details. I like how passionate this forum is.

Also, your Accord is a quite a bit nicer than my first few poo poo heaps (mom's Tercel, mom's Corolla, etc.) so keep on keepin' on, my friend.

porter fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 23, 2009

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
I like how the Lambo is peeking out from behind the corner in the last shot as if its stalking you. The LP560 owns.

And man that is one barren garage.

wintermuteCF posted:

Can we please not do this every time someone posts a nice car? Blowdog almost left the forums back in the day because people won't stop asking. There's so many ways to make fat heaps of cash that it really doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Google street view went ahead and took pictures for me.

Click here for the full 661x424 image.

VW GTI MKV 6 speed, 5 doors, 4 plaid seats.
Salesman told me that this was the first 5 dr GTI he'd ever sold.
And for weeks, I'd drive around and occasionally get asked about what it was, and never see another MKV around.

Click here for the full 737x463 image.

91' volvo 240 - 75k miles. Bought it off a lady at church who now drives an S40.
It has heated seats, the air still blows hot in winter, but no cold air.

Welcome to Sweden. Making the air colder is like making water wetter. :)
It also has an analog clock where you'd expect a tach.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 23, 2009