Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

FunkyJunk posted:

1970/1971 Ducati RT450? Quite rare, actually, if that's what it is.

Ha, my MB5 was also "made" one year, but at least that was just as far as importing it to the US. That thing has been a nightmare for parts; I can't imagine what a one-year Ducati costs to get parts for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFzwd-jHfY

Holy...christ.

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002

Z3n posted:

Holy...christ.

loving A that was cool. Funny though, I always daydream about parking in motorcycle stalls that way, instead of backing in. Could you imagine?....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, really impressive. Thats some BMX poo poo.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jFEusUMzk&NR=1

Same trick, different view, different ending. That guy's amazing.

Edit: Better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKV_jDJFKDI

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 27, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Krakkles posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jFEusUMzk&NR=1

Same trick, different view, different ending. That guy's amazing.

Edit: Better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKV_jDJFKDI
i think it's more impressive with the cbr1k cause that aint a small goddamn bike.

this was originally a 70s moto-guzzi:

here's what it is now:

quote:

The Eldo has a 3 cylinder Yanmar 1250CC marine diesel With a custom fabricated Turbo.6 gal. tank and 60MPG gives a 360 mile cruising range!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And you think your guzzi is crazy to work on.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I love it, 60mpg on a (700?)lb bike? That's better than I get on my DR.

Rev you're right, the CBR is the harder bike to do it with. I still dig the full 360 though :)

I'm going to bust out my pedal bike and start practicing that again - I used to be able to do a 180.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

i think it's more impressive with the cbr1k cause that aint a small goddamn bike.

this was originally a 70s moto-guzzi:

here's what it is now:

Looks like something out of Indiana Jones

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Some one wheeled fun from Krakkles and I tonight:

Yes, I was sweating a lot from riding prior to demonstrating my unicycle prowess, lol.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Tonight was TOTALLY fun. We're going to be icy hot unicycle stuntaz soon!

Sorta NWS: I ... think I need to buy a Honda.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Krakkles posted:

Sorta NWS: I ... think I need to buy a Honda.

I think everyone needs to buy a Honda.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREAgMh22FU i just ripped a video of me riding a scoot around my hometown in India in 2005. There are more bike related videos under my account and poo poo.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
What's with all the honking?

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002

HNasty posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREAgMh22FU i just ripped a video of me riding a scoot around my hometown in India in 2005. There are more bike related videos under my account and poo poo.

I was about to ask how you had your camera mounted. But after a closer inspection it appears you were riding two up with another dude. Ballsy.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

The Wormy Guy posted:

Ballsy.
as long as the balls don't touch

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

The Wormy Guy posted:

I was about to ask how you had your camera mounted. But after a closer inspection it appears you were riding two up with another dude. Ballsy.

its only here in Amerikka that two guys on a bike is considered gay. One of the funnest things in life is riding a bike with a bro, you're free to gently caress around and holler and broads plus, cruising on a bike without having to worry about doing the actual riding is awesome.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
what do you get when you take this

from this

and add this

and a lot of these

?

soon you will find out!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

and a lot of these

:lol: Filename answers question. :lol:

Are those sheet metal screws?

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

Krakkles posted:

:lol: Filename answers question. :lol:

Are those sheet metal screws?

How else are you going to stud up some knobbies for ice racing/riding?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

cmorrow001 posted:

Honestly, never thought about it. I've always heard them referred to as studs, and imagined it's a specific item.

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

cmorrow001 posted:

With studs????

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003

Whitesnake_2! posted:

With studs????

Yeah, thats how its done.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I did the same thing but bought "real" ice screws:

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003

VTNewb posted:

I did the same thing but bought "real" ice screws:

That's probably the best way but there is more than one way to skin a cat...I've seen it done with all types of short screws.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

cmorrow001 posted:

That's probably the best way but there is more than one way to skin a cat...I've seen it done with all types of short screws.

Well yeah, thats what's posted above. The sheet metal screws work OK but they don't stop you as well. They also wear down.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
should be fun, ice racers get some insane lean.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

cmorrow001 posted:

Yeah, thats how its done.

this will be me on my R50

inolen ain't poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

this will be me on my R50

inolen ain't poo poo

Icy cold stunta

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
note the chrome steel rim and drum brake and splines for shaft drive :c00l:

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Assuming you screwed those with a drill, how long did it take you? How many per tire?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
48 rows of alternating 5/4 knob rows per tire, around 450 knobs total, 1 screw each. took me 20/30 minutes with a power drill for one tire.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I'm glad it doesn't snow/ice in Phoenix. I'd imagine its easier to keep a studded pair in the shop then do this once a season. Do they last one season?

Edit: Not that you remove the screws and still use the tire.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Unless you used some epoxy, dont expect your tires to stay studded for very long. your going to be leaving little treats for every other vehicles tires anywhere you go.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
San Francisco Friday Night ride:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 900x675 image.

quote:

Video's? Dang you all are pushy!!! Vlasic posting at 3:41am? Either you get up for work before I do, or you shouldn't be out that late drinking and posting.

Here's a couple I got from my Go Pro Wide Camera Mounted on the headlight.
The Great Highway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hs-G8M1lo

Through The Broadway Tunnel. Should have tightened the adjusting knobs a little more on this one, as the camera usually is very steady.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHZcGeMskvM

Big turnout, and great to arrive at Marina Greens to a parking lot full of riders. Great weather for a night ride. What, you've never done one before? That's only your own fault. Miles of smiles from everyone, including the "freindly" waves from on-lookers. No, they were'nt giving us "The Bird", or yelling at us either.

Feedback is always welcome.

Thanks to Neo(Peter, but don't ever call him Late For Supper!!!)777 laid down a great route(root as Connor says it). Riding aroung the whole city was a blast, fog or no fog. I have been told by my Filipino that it's not the fog, it's the Daly City Rice Cookers. If this offends anyone, PM me and I'll edit this out of my post.

Connor, Corbett, Mike(Naughty), and all the others that help at intersections are very much appreciated.

quote:

This must be the group I just saw here at the top of coit tower. What's up with the dude in the blue and white leathers with the gun holsters, and tails that likes to rev his engine and ride around in circles? Is that the barf way of asserting your leadership of the pack?
This is one of the regular riders, Corbett, and contributes tremendously with the rides. Be it silly, but whenever there's a traffic circle, riding aroung a few circles is a common thing. You should come along sometime.

quote:

Thanks to the few who waited for lil slow me All of you are wayyyyy fast tonight was definitely training time to go a little faster.To the (drunk?) white girl dancing for us at the Embarcadero during the stoplight: I've got $2 with your name on it, you earned every penny!

Thanks for hanging it out Hearts. We encourage more women to attend. Other than that, we're a pretty nice group of guys. As for the Dancin' Queen at Pier 39, I think she was having a seizure or something. I haven't seen dancing like that since Molly Ringwald danced that one scene in The Breakfast Club.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZINZmN1_GM&feature=related
Now that's funny!!!

By Big Turnout, he meant 40-50 riders

Original Thread: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280290

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 1, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Rode my first liter bike yesterday. A Honda VTR1000. The v-twin pulls very effortlessly through every gear, it was absolutely insane compared to my old Ninja 250

Some pics (are flikr pics ok?)

Its an absolutely mint '99 with now 3200 miles.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
WHOA

Were you on mescaline when you took those pictures?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Zool posted:

WHOA

Were you on mescaline when you took those pictures?
They look fine to me, are you on mescaline?

kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm

Jack the Smack posted:

. . .
This is one of the regular riders, Corbett, and contributes tremendously with the rides. Be it silly, but whenever there's a traffic circle, riding aroung a few circles is a common thing. You should come along sometime.
. . .

I'd love to see you try to get anywhere in a decent time doing that in Britain.