Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

SpeedFrog posted:

This was an electro-house track from 2005/2006 with uplifting synths and female vocal chorus along the lines of "so phy-si-cal, you know it feels so good" (mondegreen alert). The kind of tune that would fit into a 16 Bit Lolitas set, unfortunately I only heard it once or twice so that's about the best description I can come up with. Googling the lyrics every 6 months has proved fruitless since they're pretty generic really.

Fragma - Toca's Miracle (Inpetto Remix)?

It's from last year though, so I'm guessing it's not what you're looking for, but it's my best shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApocalypsePlease
Aug 3, 2008
edit: nevermind, found out before anyone replied, after looking for years. Doh...

ApocalypsePlease fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 25, 2009

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

BizarroAzrael posted:

One of the few songs I liked from the Games Workshop store music that I have not been able to track down, unfortunately it's been a while since I heard it and only the most memorable parts to me stick in my mind. I guess you might describe it as post-grunge or alt-metal, the most notable parts would be the lyrics "I still believe" in the chorus and the riff that opens the track and is repeated at the end of each chorus, played without backing from the other instruments, which is obviously hard to describe without humming or something. It alternated regularly between a slow and quick beat.

Not a lot to go on, I'm afraid, but if anyone with better ears than I spent much time in Games Workshop stores a few years back they might know it.

Never been in a Games Workshop store (more's the pity) but your description of the song sounds kind of like 'I Still Believe' by Michael Been, off the Lost Boys soundtrack. Is this it?

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
I can't...I can't look away!
http://www.last.fm/music/Mos+Def/_/Grown+Man+Business+%28Fresh+Vintage+Bottles%29+Feat.+Minnesota?autostart

Does anyone recognize the very distinct musical backing to this track? I'm not sure if it was written for this track or if it's a sample.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rivfader posted:

Fragma - Toca's Miracle (Inpetto Remix)?

It's from last year though, so I'm guessing it's not what you're looking for, but it's my best shot.

Toca's Miracle is actually from 2000, and has been remixed god knows how many times, so it could actually be this.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Deserted posted:

http://www.last.fm/music/Mos+Def/_/Grown+Man+Business+%28Fresh+Vintage+Bottles%29+Feat.+Minnesota?autostart

Does anyone recognize the very distinct musical backing to this track? I'm not sure if it was written for this track or if it's a sample.

It's Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So check it out...

It was a song on the station that plays older hip hop.. There where 2 girls singing and they where talking about how the stereos in the cars go *boom* *boom*. It continues on like this going *boom* *boom* for pretty much the whole song. It kind of reminds me of the salt and pepper stuff like shoop etc.

That's all I really have to go on. I have tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. Please help me out guys!

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

sterster posted:

So check it out...

It was a song on the station that plays older hip hop.. There where 2 girls singing and they where talking about how the stereos in the cars go *boom* *boom*. It continues on like this going *boom* *boom* for pretty much the whole song. It kind of reminds me of the salt and pepper stuff like shoop etc.

That's all I really have to go on. I have tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. Please help me out guys!

l'trimm "cars that go boom"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezHZmf0gGM

edit: man, if you like teenage girls mugging on youtube this is pretty much the song to search for.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
A sort of alt-dance-rock song I've heard on rotation on college radio recently, so I'm guessing it's pretty new.

The chorus is:

"Get over it/get over it/It's not your fault/It's not your fault"

There's some emphasis on the last word of each verse

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

tylertfb posted:

l'trimm "cars that go boom"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezHZmf0gGM

edit: man, if you like teenage girls mugging on youtube this is pretty much the song to search for.

Dude thanks so much it has been bugging me like crazy for some reason, now to see if I can sample this in some way

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

It's Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby

Thanks for the quick response. My dad probably has this on vinyl, I'll have to steal it.

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?

Dell_Zincht posted:

Toca's Miracle is actually from 2000, and has been remixed god knows how many times, so it could actually be this.
Nah, it's not Toca's Miracle. Thanks anyway though.

DMST
Jul 11, 2006
Our Man in Havana.
A bit of a long shot here but does anyone know the song playing over the beginning of this?
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=k_oUDev1rME

Several people ask in the comments of the video, but no one ever comes up with anything except one dead end. Someone mentioned it was Enchanted Vision by Voodoo Sparklers but after a while of googling it seems theres no record of any such Band.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
There's a song I've heard at work a few times and part of the chorus sounds like the dude is saying, "she's a green, green, green ranger" over and over. It's R&B/hip-hop and it's terrible. I'm pretty sure the lyrics are not actually "she's a green, green, green ranger" and it has nothing to do with Power Rangers.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Bananaquiter posted:

I saw this music video where people were fighting in the desert with cheesy special effects and general weirdness, but I didn't catch the track/band. I remembered it being somewhat catchy...

Alright 2 weeks later I found it.
Portugal. The Man - "Lay me Back Down"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z8Dk5Cq-g

GentlemanJack
Aug 10, 2008

The SARS Volta posted:

A sort of alt-dance-rock song I've heard on rotation on college radio recently, so I'm guessing it's pretty new.

The chorus is:

"Get over it/get over it/It's not your fault/It's not your fault"

There's some emphasis on the last word of each verse

Solid Gold - Get Over It

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

GentlemanJack posted:

Solid Gold - Get Over It

:glomp:

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Dell_Zincht posted:

Not to mention that it's a remix itself; of Toca Me, which came out a year earlier.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
gently caress, this has been annoying me all night. I'm trying to remember who performed, and the name of the song for, a music video. Unfortunately the only part of the video clip I can remember, and I'm not even sure I'm doing that accurately, is a head sticking through a large checkered black and white floor and a spider walking around it. I don't even remember if it was supposed to be surreal or not, although I'm guessing it was.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Esposito posted:

gently caress, this has been annoying me all night. I'm trying to remember who performed, and the name of the song for, a music video. Unfortunately the only part of the video clip I can remember, and I'm not even sure I'm doing that accurately, is a head sticking through a large checkered black and white floor and a spider walking around it. I don't even remember if it was supposed to be surreal or not, although I'm guessing it was.

Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDAXltfj8-Y

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Ah, that's it! As soon as I read it, everything fell into place. Thank you for alleviating my pain.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Can anyone identify the songs used in this mix? thanks.

DJ Bobby B - Murderation mix

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Emmitt Nervend posted:

Not to mention that it's a remix itself; of Toca Me, which came out a year earlier.

Splitting hairs, but it's actually a Mashup of Toca Me and Coco Star's "I Need a Miracle".

It was given an official release because both artists were on Positiva. I believe Coco even re-recorded the vocals.

bastardmonk
Jan 31, 2005
whats this song?

http://www.sign69.com/medialounge/space1583.html

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Can anyone identify the songs used in this mix? thanks.

DJ Bobby B - Murderation mix

The trumpet around 2:26 is also in Signs by Badmarsh & Shri, but I can't remember where it came from originally. But Signs is very similar to what you linked... they even say "Murderation" in the Dubplate mix I have.

The "A lot of men won't get no pussy tonight" is a parody of Armagideon time, by Willi Williams, but I don't know by who. But whoever it is you should just ignore them and listen to Willi Williams and Jackie Mittoo.

Fu-Schnickens - Ring The Alarm

Dawn Penn - You Don't Love Me (there's a kinda cool French version of this called Non Non Non by Melaaz, I think)

June Lodge - Telephone Love

Frighty & Colonel Mite - Life is What You Make It (Raggamuffin Love?)

Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine (the origin of the "My Life, My Life, My Life, My Life" sample used by everyone in hip hop)

If I listened to it a few more times, I could probably get some more, but that's it for now.

Edit: Oh and it starts with Barrington Levy

Deserted fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jan 29, 2009

Daypass
Nov 14, 2007

by Ozma
I know this is gonna sound very vague and sad but there is a song I am looking for and all I can tell you about it is that it is a guy singing about his girl and there is a middle verse that has something to do with a flower. Ie:

Her love is like a flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)
I love her like a flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)
She is my flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)

I think the verses went that way like
she is my flower, something, something
she is my whatever-something,something

but I could be way off

Or something to that affect

It was a pop song and for some reason I want to say it is by a fairly well known band (likely an alternative rock band). It was mellow and not thrash or dance beat and it was one male voice mostly. I think it was in top 40 (maybe top 100) circa early to mid 90s. It was played some (not overplayed) when it was popular so not too high on the charts but it was on the charts I'm sure.

As I said I know this is very vague but I have tried everything to search it out or jog my memory so I am turning to the Goons for help and suggestions. I also want to say the band's name was one word but once again I could be lost on that too.
I will research out any helpful suggestions so please give it a shot.
If this post is in the wrong place I apologize.

GentlemanJack
Aug 10, 2008

bastardmonk posted:

whats this song?

http://www.sign69.com/medialounge/space1583.html

Probably recorded for that flash "thing." If it isn't made for that then I still doubt you'd be able to find the song somewhere else, since no one cares enough about it to post lyrics. Your best bet would be to contact the person who made the video. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

GentlemanJack
Aug 10, 2008

Daypass posted:

I know this is gonna sound very vague and sad but there is a song I am looking for and all I can tell you about it is that it is a guy singing about his girl and there is a middle verse that has something to do with a flower. Ie:

Her love is like a flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)
I love her like a flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)
She is my flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)

I think the verses went that way like
she is my flower, something, something
she is my whatever-something,something

but I could be way off

Or something to that affect

It was a pop song and for some reason I want to say it is by a fairly well known band (likely an alternative rock band). It was mellow and not thrash or dance beat and it was one male voice mostly. I think it was in top 40 (maybe top 100) circa early to mid 90s. It was played some (not overplayed) when it was popular so not too high on the charts but it was on the charts I'm sure.

As I said I know this is very vague but I have tried everything to search it out or jog my memory so I am turning to the Goons for help and suggestions. I also want to say the band's name was one word but once again I could be lost on that too.
I will research out any helpful suggestions so please give it a shot.
If this post is in the wrong place I apologize.

Olivia Tremor Control - Love Athena???
That's the closest I can find from that era. They weren't top 100, but if you were listening to a college indie station, they could have been in the rotation.

Shining like Athena
in a silver suit of armor
Her love is like a nail
and now I'll bring down the hammer
Sprouting like a flower on a hill top
is where I'll find her
Where I'll plant a seed and watch it grow
into the streaming light of love.

Daypass
Nov 14, 2007

by Ozma
nope but thnx
I am afraid it is a case of malfunctioning memory. It is likely the song has nothing to do with the stuff I said so I am left with asking hey do you know this song I heard a lot in the 90s that I liked which is crazy.

I thank you for the suggestions though. If i happen upon it in my searches I will post what it was so we can see how far off I am <grin>

for some reason I think it might have referenced marigold but I looked into all I could find with no luck.

Daypass fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 1, 2009

GentlemanJack
Aug 10, 2008

Daypass posted:

nope but thnx
I am afraid it is a case of malfunctioning memory. It is likely the song has nothing to do with the stuff I said so I am left with asking hey do you know this song I heard a lot in the 90s that I liked which is crazy.

I thank you for the suggestions though. If i happen upon it in my searches I will post what it was so we can see how far off I am <grin>

"I heard this song sometime in the last twenty years and I think it had something about a flower..." does make things difficult. If it is any consolation, I spent 8 years trying to find a song. The only lyric I could understand was "Because of you". There are about 2,000 songs with that title on Amazon. I went through every popular techno artist's entire back catalog and came up with nothing. I had even learned how to play the guitar so I could learn the riff in the song and play it for people so they could possibly identify it. I had pretty much given up on that song I heard in an Old Navy that one time.

A couple of months ago, I stumbled upon it looking at some random youtube video. The song was Scanty Sandwich - Because of You. If only I was still into techno...

But it does make me happy knowing that I finally found it. I hope the same for you.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Daypass posted:

is it "daisy" by dogs' eye view? this was on the josie & the pussycats soundtrack so the time-frame fits and there is a verse towards the end of the song that's a lot like what you're describing

there's also a ben lee song that is also called "daisy" from the same time period and it has a lot of that imagery in it as well

unfortunately "LOVE LIKE A FLOWER" is probably one of the most well-worn tropes in pop music so it's going to be difficult to find without even a little bit more information

Scat
Aug 21, 2004
I owe Corbin $20!
Okay, this has been driving me crazy for weeks. On the Role Models trailer (non Red Band), the song plays from around 0:21 to 0:40. It's the catchy piano tune.

Please help me! Link to the video is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqnvu5QC2fQ

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
From like 0:21 to 0:32 sounds to me like the intro to Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra. I don't know if the part after that is a new song or a transition from the first song.

Budrick
Apr 19, 2005

Eyeball posted:

From like 0:21 to 0:32 sounds to me like the intro to Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra. I don't know if the part after that is a new song or a transition from the first song.

And according to the soundtrack listing on IMDB, Mr Blue Sky is on there. Maybe go through the rest to find out the other track.

Scat
Aug 21, 2004
I owe Corbin $20!

Budrick posted:

And according to the soundtrack listing on IMDB, Mr Blue Sky is on there. Maybe go through the rest to find out the other track.

I agree that it sounds like Mr. Blue Sky, but it just doesn't sound exactly like it. Maybe they just cut out certain tracks or something. But after 0:35, it doesn't sound like the song at all to me. I can't find half the songs on the IMDB page, but I'm sure it's not KISS, and listening to the other artist's styles, I doubt it was any of them. Thanks for the help, though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shouty pop punk from several years back, most probably female vox but can't be sure - last line;

"S.T.R.E.S.S.S with a triple ess"

My google-fu is weak tonight.

GentlemanJack
Aug 10, 2008

Scat posted:

I agree that it sounds like Mr. Blue Sky, but it just doesn't sound exactly like it. Maybe they just cut out certain tracks or something. But after 0:35, it doesn't sound like the song at all to me. I can't find half the songs on the IMDB page, but I'm sure it's not KISS, and listening to the other artist's styles, I doubt it was any of them. Thanks for the help, though.

Might be from the Lily Allen cover of the song...

killer.beer.coaster
Apr 28, 2008
Every now and then, we all forget a songs name, tune, lyrics, and artist, but remember the plot of the song.

Older ska song about a guy who loves his neighbours daughter, but his father prohibits him seeing her. He is upset, asks why, and after a while the father admits that the daughter is his. The son, upset by this, tells his mother. The mother laughs, and says to go ahead and see the girl, for the sons father is not his real father, and there is no blood bond.

You will be my hero.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

killer.beer.coaster posted:

Every now and then, we all forget a songs name, tune, lyrics, and artist, but remember the plot of the song.

Older ska song about a guy who loves his neighbours daughter, but his father prohibits him seeing her. He is upset, asks why, and after a while the father admits that the daughter is his. The son, upset by this, tells his mother. The mother laughs, and says to go ahead and see the girl, for the sons father is not his real father, and there is no blood bond.

You will be my hero.
it's certainly not ska and it's not really even music but...
http://www.last.fm/music/R.L.+Burnside/_/He+Ain't+Your+Daddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer.beer.coaster
Apr 28, 2008

Sexy Pants posted:

it's certainly not ska and it's not really even music but...
http://www.last.fm/music/R.L.+Burnside/_/He+Ain%27t+Your+Daddy
I'm afraid that's not it. I was so hopeful I would be able to give you hero status :(