Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
http://web.mac.com/tye1138/Mad_Duc_Racing/Movie.html

quote:

In November of 2006, the journey to become a motorcycle rider and racer started. This video entitled “From Rider to Racer” chronicles the last two years of work, going from never having ridden a motorcycle to becoming a racer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Some pics (are flikr pics ok?)

Flickr gets pissy if your images don't link back to their flickr page, just FYI.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Not cyclomatic insanity, but these vids make me believe I can change my own tires.

Breaking the bead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XArpY_hSdk

Tire on, seating the bead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUfYs30x5eU

Rough balancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82AtWmosQYI

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That's a pretty cool video but doesn't provide much insight as to the actual process. It's pretty much I'm going to start riding. Hey I'm going to start riding on a track. Whoa I'm racing.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3Pm6wyl8A I know how much you guys loved my last 2 man ride. Here is more of me riding around in India. This time its on our farm and in the jungle near it. I take over at the end and ride on the roads.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Just a drawing I did today, you may recognize the source I based it on.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I went to the London motorcycle show yesterday. Thought I'd find a lot more to take pictures of, was a little disappointed. Here's a few I took shots of. I probably should have taken some pictures in the classic bike display, but I was on a helmet buying mission!

First, a carbon fiber Bimota. Probably expensive.

Second, a regular Bimota, same model. Probably still expensive.
There was a fully faired one there, but I couldn't get a clear photo of it.

Next up, a Kawi ER-6N in a really nice metal flake orange. Nice bike, comfortable, cool looking, capable from the reviews I've read. I'd like to ride one to see how I like it.

BMW WSB machine made from pure unobtanium.

BMW HP2 Megamoto. I was really keen to sit on this because the last show I was at it was cordoned off. The thing that struck me as weird was how much rake there was on the forks. It's practically cruiser-like!
I really want to take one of these for a ride.

Sorry that's all I've got! The KTM booth was waaay crowded with people, no way to get a clear picture of any of the bikes, sweet as they were.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

While I'm at it, here are some pics of some Sachs bikes from about a month ago taken at my local shop.

I know nothing about these bikes except that the MADASS 125 looks totally MADASS!

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

eggyolk posted:

Sick picture, now just add in lasers and dinosaurs and you got a picture for the POST PICTURES OF PURE AWESOMENESS thread!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

eggyolk posted:

That's pretty sweet.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

First, a carbon fiber Bimota. Probably expensive.

Second, a regular Bimota, same model. Probably still expensive.
There was a fully faired one there, but I couldn't get a clear photo of it.

Different bikes. Check the front suspension, the Tesi has that crazy-rear end hub-center steering. (I believe every Tesi has done that.)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Phy posted:

Different bikes. Check the front suspension, the Tesi has that crazy-rear end hub-center steering. (I believe every Tesi has done that.)

oh poo poo you're right! They're totally different now that I look at the pics. I probably realized this when I took the pictures, but not when I posted them :).

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

This could very very well be a repost, but I know it's not in the normal AI video thread, so I'm crossposting it in here as well.

http://vimeo.com/2892307?pg=embed&sec=2892307
Some sort of crazy quad with too much suspension articulation. It seems like it's being touted as superior to two wheels, which is dumb, but it's still interesting.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Jack the Smack posted:

Sick picture, now just add in lasers and dinosaurs and you got a picture for the POST PICTURES OF PURE AWESOMENESS thread!

You mean like this?

Click here for the full 1316x957 image.

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
haha, if that was colored I would put it on my wall.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

eggyolk posted:

You mean like this?

Click here for the full 1316x957 image.

Oh god that is awesome. I love the sideways burnout.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

That's a pretty cool video but doesn't provide much insight as to the actual process. It's pretty much I'm going to start riding. Hey I'm going to start riding on a track. Whoa I'm racing.

Yeah I posted it as I was watching it not realizing it would lack meaningful content.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Yeah I posted it as I was watching it not realizing it would lack meaningful content.

I was entertained by it, and if nothing else, it was proof that with a little work and a fair bit of money, you can get going decently quick in a reasonable amount of time. I have a friend who's like that...8 months of riding and already killer fast. Lotta track time, and he's a bit of a natural.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
I'm not sure if this is really cool or unsafe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtSI4C1Lb0

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

cmorrow001 posted:

It's really cool. Now you know.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

cmorrow001 posted:

What kind of transmission do those things have? Please tell me a four year old was working a clutch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

FunkyJunk posted:

It's really cool. Now you know.

Especially since with the exception of gloves, she was atgatt.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

blugu64 posted:

What kind of transmission do those things have? Please tell me a four year old was working a clutch.

They're usually centrifugal, as far as I've seen.

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Especially since with the exception of gloves, she was atgatt.

You consider down jacket and jeans ATG?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Krakkles posted:

You consider down jacket and jeans ATG?

Considering speed and falling height if she dumps it, yes :colbert:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Considering speed and falling height if she dumps it, yes :colbert:

No problem, she had diapers.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hey, if you're not riding with diapers, then you're not riding hard enough.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
she's not really awesome until the training wheels come off and she gets a knee down

what a noob

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Cool four months from an F2 (never been on a motorcycle before) to a Ducati superbike. Makes sense.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

rope kid posted:

Cool four months from an F2 (never been on a motorcycle before) to a Ducati superbike. Makes sense.

It's a pretty cool story, but that guy seems a bit like a jerk too. "They were out-powering me. They were not out-cornering me." (3rd or so track day)

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

rope kid posted:

He seems pretty sensible, dont know if i would be able to andle the jump that fast though.

He reminds me of the guy from grizzly man.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

It's a pretty cool story, but that guy seems a bit like a jerk too. "They were out-powering me. They were not out-cornering me." (3rd or so track day)

Well, if he's riding in the C group, that's easily possible. That's the thing about track riding...everyone thinks they're hot poo poo when they get to the top of the C group, and they move to the B group, and then they realize how slow they are. After moving to the top of the B group, the guys really think they're hot poo poo...then they get into the A group and find out that they're actually still really slow. Fast is relative, and the faster you get, the slower you realize you are.

The 848 is a really, really managable motorcycle. For me, it's one of the bikes that I'm fastest on and most comfortable on out of the box. It's a really good trackbike.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Just posted in the AI YouTube thread, but this really really needs to be in here. The scrolling yellow text in the second one is a bit annoying, but well worth it.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

rope kid posted:

For some reason I'm not surprised someone who would be full of themselves enough to document their learning to ride motorcycles would end up on Ducatis.

</stereotyping>

pr0zac fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 6, 2009

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just sayin what we all were thinkin.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

fronkpies posted:

He seems pretty sensible, dont know if i would be able to andle the jump that fast though.

He reminds me of the guy from grizzly man.
It does make me curious to know how the bike went from totally black and covered with stickers to McDonalds colors.

i.e. did the corner out-corner him?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I wanted to stab Ducati-douche multiple times watching that video.

Bruinator
Jul 6, 2005

pr0zac posted:

For some reason I'm not surprised someone who would be full of themselves enough to document their learning to ride motorcycles would end up on Ducatis.

</stereotyping>

PhatAlbert posted:

Just sayin what we all were thinkin.

That guy's all over ducati.ms in practically every superbike thread, and he's kind of a self absorbed know-it-all there too. We're not all like that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bruinator posted:

That guy's all over ducati.ms in practically every superbike thread, and he's kind of a self absorbed know-it-all there too. We're not all like that.

How did he finish in his races?

Bruinator
Jul 6, 2005

Z3n posted:

How did he finish in his races?

No idea, I only lurk the superbike technical stuff. I'm sure you can find out on his website. I do know that he pops up in every thread related to the 748, 749R, and 848. Also, any thread with a bike that in any way relates to those three. The supersport board seems immune.

Bruinator fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 7, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bruinator posted:

No idea, I only lurk the superbike technical stuff. I'm sure you can find out on his website. I do know that he pops up in every thread related to the 748, 749R, and 848. Also, any thread with a bike that in any way relates to those three. The supersport board seems immune.

His blog is painful to read..."That's not how you take that corner, he got in front of me and then I got passed!".

Yes, that's racing. They end up in front of you if you don't work for it. :sigh:

Finishing 2nd to last out of 48 on a built superbike that has an absurd advantage in the class is painfully bad. I'd shut the hell up and start dumping money into track schools. The bike is willing, the rider is weak.

(Ok, that's enough of this derail from me)