Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Scudworth posted:

So who else felt really odd listening to Teresa give an in-depth description of the Uwe Boll boxing indecent on yesterday's (1/20/09) show?

I'm glad someone called in to say "yeah, but you don't understand how much of a douchebag Uwe Boll is".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

exponentory posted:

After about 3 years of listening to a few episodes of Loveline a day, I'm nearly out of archived episodes and am just so tired of hearing whiny 14 year old sexual problems.

What's the best way to start getting into T.A.C.S?

Start from the beginning:

http://tacs.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/Content/2006

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Jesus Christ, Rick Rosner's toe.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
When I was originally listening to the show on the radio, I remember a bit Adam did sometimes where he'd pretend to be like a fortune teller or something, and say really really obvious things followed by "Yes?"

Anybody know any episodes with this? I remember hurting myself laughing.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Oh... Oh GOD! They weren't kidding.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

TheKub posted:

Oh... Oh GOD! They weren't kidding.

I gasped audibly until my lungs were full.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CaptainJuan posted:

When I was originally listening to the show on the radio, I remember a bit Adam did sometimes where he'd pretend to be like a fortune teller or something, and say really really obvious things followed by "Yes?"

That was my favorite bit on the Man Show, but I don't remember him ever doing it on the radio.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Grand Fromage posted:

That was my favorite bit on the Man Show, but I don't remember him ever doing it on the radio.

It wasn't a "bit" on the radio so much as just the tail end of ranting about psychics. He'd sometimes pull up callers and try to guess their sign, etc.

As for the person who originally asked for dates - I'd check shows directly before/after guest psychics. They often had them around Halloween. Combing through my collection only yields this:

2002-02-14 (Psychic Lisa Mateo)
2002-10-31 (Psychic Peter James)

But I know James van Praagh was on more than once.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

CaptainJuan posted:

He did Tobias on several episodes of Crank Yankers.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 1, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Friday's episode highlighted exactly what is wrong with Teresa on TACS: she isn't that swift. Some guy called up and kinda tore into her, nothing too big. Instead of letting it roll off and laughing it off, she kinda went into a tirade about the guy. Adam and Brian have both worked at Loveline and are quite familiar with bogus calls, but I would think that the first thing you do isn't panic and attack.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I really hate to keep white-knighting a celebrity I've never met, but the bit you're talking about lasted like two minutes, and Theresa seemed to have a sense of humor about it.

Are you the guy that called, or something?

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Phone posted:

Friday's episode highlighted exactly what is wrong with Teresa on TACS: she isn't that swift. Some guy called up and kinda tore into her, nothing too big. Instead of letting it roll off and laughing it off, she kinda went into a tirade about the guy. Adam and Brian have both worked at Loveline and are quite familiar with bogus calls, but I would think that the first thing you do isn't panic and attack.

Enough with the Teresa bashing. The caller got though with a bogus story, said what most boarders say, and she took a gently caress-off attitude toward him. TACS doesn't get many bogus calls and she handled it okay. I hate her laugh, but she's smart and quick with Adam.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Malachi Constant posted:

Enough with the Teresa bashing. The caller got though with a bogus story, said what most boarders say, and she took a gently caress-off attitude toward him. TACS doesn't get many bogus calls and she handled it okay. I hate her laugh, but she's smart and quick with Adam.

I'm pretty neutral with Teresa; she makes some good points and she makes some bad ones, too. It was just a prime example of how Loveline conditioned Adam and Brian for radio, whereas Teresa is uh... "emotionally volatile."

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I think this cupcake rant on Last Week in Rage is the first Carolla rant I have 100% disagreed with. Every word was insanely wrong

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Drew was on the ACS today, (01/29). I'm still downloading the podcast, but it looks like he was on for at least four segments.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Phone posted:

What segment was this during?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
rear end kickings 2, I think.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

FAY DA COM PLEE

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Stumbleine posted:

FAY DA COM PLEE

Isn't somebody smart? :smug:

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

Phone posted:

Isn't somebody smart? :smug:

I usually like Teresa actually, but little things like this and 'Vajayjay' really need to stop. Thankfully she's lightened up on the 'batman' stuff too, although that could drastically change if she gets pregnant (she is 'off the yaz' you know).

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Jesus Christ, she hasn't said anything about being off the Yaz for like two loving months now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ChaosMonkey posted:

Jesus Christ, she hasn't said anything about being off the Yaz for like two loving months now.

1 Month.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
I listen to the Adam Carolla Show pretty regularly and haven't heard most of these "catchphrases". The only that was grating was the "rick-rolling" but that lasted all of three days.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Not even a month, thank you. First week they were back was annoying.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

"Get ready to explore a MONSTER vagina"

That segment with Joel McHail was loving SWEET.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Huh. So she really DOES have a complete inability to pronounce anything French, yet her (retarded) liberal tendencies force her to pretend she's smarter than she is. Thus, fay-duh-comp-lee. Teresa has pretty much made me write TACS off. I'd rather leave MSNBC idling in the background for noise.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Slightly offtopic, I haven't got Drew's podcast for a while. Is there anyone in LA who's heard his daytime radio show?

Has his show been canceled? Is it just re-runs now?

I miss hearing Drew's random guests and his rants. I think he learned a lot from Carolla.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Malachi Constant posted:

Slightly offtopic, I haven't got Drew's podcast for a while. Is there anyone in LA who's heard his daytime radio show?

Has his show been canceled? Is it just re-runs now?

I miss hearing Drew's random guests and his rants. I think he learned a lot from Carolla.

It was canceled in December-
http://laist.com/2008/12/15/dr_drew_live_given_the_surprise_axe.php

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Anyone know which date or have a link to the 7/11 tow truck episode where Adam drove his car off a tow truck?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

manchego posted:

Anyone know which date or have a link to the 7/11 tow truck episode where Adam drove his car off a tow truck?

Hard to pin down..... he tells this story a LOT

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I just about poo poo myself during the Dana Gould show on Wednesday, god I love that man. Maybe one of my favourite shows ever.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Those Huell Howser segments were some dark poo poo.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Just listening to the phil21 stream and Adam came up with a great movie idea...

You've Got Tale (2009)
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Joe "Red" Fox (Tom Hanks) and Kathleen "BlueBird" Kelly (Meg Ryan) are unlucky in love and go to furry conventions to have sex with fursuited strangers before returning to their dull office jobs, but they're completely unaware that their sweetheart is in fact the co-worker with whom they share a certain degree of animosity.

This is after Adams idea of a Tom and Meg movie being set in the north and south tower and how they look across at each other every morning until one day...

:barf:

Pyroblaze
Oct 25, 2004

Diatom.

Ribsauce posted:

I think this cupcake rant on Last Week in Rage is the first Carolla rant I have 100% disagreed with. Every word was insanely wrong

I do have to admit I disagree 100% on Adam's Cake vs. Pie stance. Cake is obviously much better than pie.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Pyroblaze posted:

I do have to admit I disagree 100% on Adam's Cake vs. Pie stance. Cake is obviously much better than pie.

You are so wrong. Look at this godawesome 3-tier pumpkin pie

A cake is some $5 poo poo you get someone at their going away party.

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 2, 2009

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

A cake is some $5 poo poo

But the point is that a pie is usually less expensive than a cake and yet still much more delicious.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 1, 2014

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
The Random Loveline feed is nothing but bleeps and bloops right now - must be a corrupted MP3.

Losing it made me realize how much I listen to it during the work day. What do I do now? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Adam and T singing a duet of the Taboo II theme yesterday (Feb 3rd) was really cute :3:

• Locked thread