Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curious
Mar 14, 2007

"Hey, I got one of my paperwork guys complaining about DEMON PILES."

John Xerox posted:

You mean this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spyPFcRTPIM

The song is called "War Photographer" by Jason Forrest.

The same animator did this amazing video for The Atomic Swindlers - guys name is Joel Trussell.

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

One thing I just recently remembered was this site, it was themed sort of like celebrity deathmatch, with two similar celebrities pitted against one another. I wish I could remember examples, but they would have been things like "Alf vs. ET" and so on. I can't remember much more detail, I seem to remember a pretty simple layout, looking like it was made around 1998. I think I found this through bored.com sometime in 2001-2002. Can't be sure

I suspect this was WWWF Grudge Match (currently here).

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Fake edit: This is kind of related to the thread, where is Treytor's avatar/custom title from? I've been wondering for a while.

Putting the two earlier posters together gets the right answer - this is Bjork being interviewed as SG's "wife" on Space Ghost - Coast to Coast. The episode was called "Knifin' Around" and the main interview was with Thom Yorke. She changes into that outfit at 6:04 of http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eVsT6KoTJOI .

RobotFriedChicken posted:

Also, I'm not asking for "files", I just loved Hotline and wonder if it still exists in some form.

There are apparently a few spinoffs in existence, although Hotline Communications hasn't released anything since 2003. Have a look at the Wikipedia article for some links.

BeatSetRadio posted:

This is a little late, but here you go! I still have it saved on my computer:

I'm so glad someone had this.

Xaranx posted:

Anyone have a link to the old photoshop thread, it was a plant of some sort that looked like seed pods. Most memorable was a tit with the thing shopped in the middle of it so it looked like eyes and was creepy as hell.

Those seeds are lotus pods if it helps narrow down your search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxxxchrisxxxx
Oct 30, 2005
Does anyone remember the page at deadmanworking.com/ho (or something like that) that was a picture of the Hoff in his DJ and bow tie with 2 or 3 blokes humming the theme tune to Knight Rider?

It was genius. Have searched for it but alas it seems to be no more.

Fox1
Apr 30, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Two things

A couple years back in GBS there was a prank phone call thread, 1 of the prank phone calls submitted was of someone working for a local newspaper called "the record" and he was trying to sell a subscription to the guy pulling the prank (kind of reverse prank seeing as it was the telemarketer that called his house) It goes on for something like 15 minutes and the pranker is just wasting this guys time in hilarious fashion.
Anyone still got it?

Also, flash videos from monkeysandrobots.com specifically sheriff hippo, the lonely robot and toby.
These are just extinct from the internet last time I checked.

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?
A while ago, I got an MP3 from here called Disco Bees. In it, the singer was singing the word "Bees" repeatedly to a discoish melody. I had it on my MP3 player so didn't worry about backing it up in my most recent reformat. However, last week my MP3 player got wiped too before I could copy the song back over. So if anyone has this piece of awesomeness or knows where I can get it it'd be greatly appreciated.

advanced healing
Jan 10, 2009

A common conflict.
A long shot but,

A specific Vampire Killer song from the Castelvania series. I downloaded a file that read "Vampire Killer Type II mix.mp3" back in 2002. It was a great jazz mix of the traditional theme (sorta reminds me of Dzihan and Kamien's style) but I lost it a year or so after that. Everytime I try to look for it all I come across is the garbage jazz theme featured in the Sega Saturn version of Symphony of the Night. I've checked OCRemix to see if it was amateur work and found nothing. Checked The Castlevania Dungeon and nothing.

Many thanks to anyone who has or can find this.

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:
do you have a sample of the one that you don't want? I have a few different songs on here...

advanced healing
Jan 10, 2009

A common conflict.
I don't have a sample actually. Feel free to email me what jazzy VK songs you got, if possible.

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
\
sure shoot me your email. I've got at least one that sounds Kind of jazzy.

\/\/\/got it feel free to delete\/\/\/

you should have mail...

Aciid c0d3r fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 2, 2009

advanced healing
Jan 10, 2009

A common conflict.
belmontinfo@yahoo.com

Zombie Hug
Jan 29, 2009
Does anyone have the link to a pop culture site that reviewed toys ,video games,and horrible hentai/anime movies and shows .The founder also made comics, one of which was about a t-rex.The t-rex who was against eating people/meat until people pestered him enough to eat meat. He then got into a fit of rage and then killed all of the people .Another thing I remember is that the site made fun of people into anime and anime conventions.One of the pictures I fondly remember is a fat guy with a boba fett helmet wearing a skirt doing ddr.

By the way the site I am thinking of is not scary crayon or i mockery

Zombie Hug fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 2, 2009

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
\
http://www.qwantz.com?
edit: no reviews or bad cosplay, just dino comix

advanced healing
Jan 10, 2009

A common conflict.

Aciid c0d3r posted:

sure shoot me your email. I've got at least one that sounds Kind of jazzy.

\/\/\/got it feel free to delete\/\/\/

you should have mail...

Not the tune and definitely not jazzy. The mood of the VK song I'm talking about is way more mellow and chill (i.e. Dzihan and Kamien as said before). Do you have any others?

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
\
a couple. I'll have to hone my google-fu before I have anything jazzier. Watch your mail today!

Zombie Hug
Jan 29, 2009

Aciid c0d3r posted:

http://www.qwantz.com?
edit: no reviews or bad cosplay, just dino comix

Naw its not that,but thanks anyways.

RobotFriedChicken
Sep 18, 2008
I remember seeing a homemade music video of what had to be a 12-14 year old kid singing a song proclaiming his love for "Aisha" (or something like that). The chorus was, I believe, the following:

"aisha, aisha, i wanna meet ya, ooooo"

The rumor that he had killed himself after the video was spread around the internet came my way and I felt bad about laughing at it, but I doubt that it actually happened.

I wish a could remember more. He looked a little like Astley, had some bad dance moves, and clearly made the video on the old school iMac.

EDIT: Apparently it's finally made its way to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlurgF8KhsU

RobotFriedChicken fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 2, 2009

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Bargain bin Laden posted:

A while ago, I got an MP3 from here called Disco Bees. In it, the singer was singing the word "Bees" repeatedly to a discoish melody. I had it on my MP3 player so didn't worry about backing it up in my most recent reformat. However, last week my MP3 player got wiped too before I could copy the song back over. So if anyone has this piece of awesomeness or knows where I can get it it'd be greatly appreciated.

Any chance you're talking about the song they play when the stream is wonky on GBS-FM?

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*
I want to see the site where Pitchfork Media's email gets hacked. Pitchfork is a pretentious music review site, and a forum called Hipinion found the owner's email inbox and posted it online. The thread at hipinion is gone, who's got a mirror?

Heh, it seems someone else wants it too: Help me find the Pitchfork hack site

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

I have this at home, but I am at work. If I remember I'll upload it this afternoon. I have bees.mp3 and also discobees.mp3.

shawnzilla
Jun 27, 2006
There's something I've been trying to find for a while, but unfortunately I can't remember the guy's name. It was some asian guy dressed up like Elvis rapping.

The only thing I can remember of the video was that he was in what looked like a 64 Impala with hydraulics.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's been a good 3 or 4 years.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Looking for a T-Shirt design that was posted and printed here far back in the day.

"Molten Boron vs. Dump Truck full of Babies" was the name, art pretty well matched the description.

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?

The Human Cow posted:

I have this at home, but I am at work. If I remember I'll upload it this afternoon. I have bees.mp3 and also discobees.mp3.

Awesome, I will love you forever.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
There's an awesome image that's more or less an artist's interpretation of maybe 50 or more pre-Cambrian life forms all on the one page. From memory, going by the shading it looked to have been scanned from pencil drawing or lithograph, but I can't find it on GIS anymore. Anyone know the picture I mean?

Scrabbles
Apr 14, 2007
I remember one time on an SA thread someone posted a picture that I found very amusing. It was a picture of a an Eastern European war criminal/terrorist/bandit. The picture is of a normal looking guy sitting on a tank holding a baby tiger in one hand and an SMG in the other. he is surrounded by guys in military gear whearing Baclavas. I searched for it several times but I was never able to find it.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Scrabbles posted:

I remember one time on an SA thread someone posted a picture that I found very amusing. It was a picture of a an Eastern European war criminal/terrorist/bandit. The picture is of a normal looking guy sitting on a tank holding a baby tiger in one hand and an SMG in the other. he is surrounded by guys in military gear whearing Baclavas. I searched for it several times but I was never able to find it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Zeljko_Raznatovic

Scrabbles
Apr 14, 2007
Thank you kind sir.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Fancy Car posted:

I'll just ask this here, too. I posted two threads, http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3054993 and http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3054964 about having a summary of the history of forums like FYAD and BYOB.

Is there some special reason no one has done this? It seems like it would be an interesting read. The information in the Dictionary is scarce and meta and I don't know anymore who to ask with all the name changes.
A subforum for this existed a few years ago, but didn't last long. Impartial histories are hard to pin down, so that forum was eventually closed and nothing came of the threads that were there.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
One of the first things I did when I joined the forums was read through the entire SAclopedia. At some point, I stumbled across a youtube video that consisted entirely of two hyperactive kids yelling at a camcorder. I can't remember any context for the video, and I've tried looking through the SAclopedia again, but I can't remember where to look.

I can only remember one line, something about "Albert has gone to get the groceries" and I'm not to sure about that.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
This one has bugged me for years!

There used to be a Public Service Announcement that played on WB. It was a bunch of bees rapping and playing basketball, when then a few drugged up cockroaches came and promptly lost the ensuing bball game. Any ideas?

Alyeska
Oct 22, 2008
Okay...this isn't really from the Internet, but I figure someone might be able to help me out.

I remember watching this TV show when I was a kid, probably around 1994-1998 or so. It was a bunch of action figures, and maybe a cup or some kitchen utensils, or some dolls. It was filmed in a kitchen, and I remember it being kind of weird. I think it was more of a short than a real show, and it was stop-action. I didn't have cable, and I lived in the Midwest outside of Chicago. I don't really remember too much about it.

I just need to know that this isn't some weird memory or something I made up.

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
\

Alyeska posted:

Okay...this isn't really from the Internet, but I figure someone might be able to help me out.

I remember watching this TV show when I was a kid, probably around 1994-1998 or so. It was a bunch of action figures, and maybe a cup or some kitchen utensils, or some dolls. It was filmed in a kitchen, and I remember it being kind of weird. I think it was more of a short than a real show, and it was stop-action. I didn't have cable, and I lived in the Midwest outside of Chicago. I don't really remember too much about it.

I just need to know that this isn't some weird memory or something I made up.

It existed; they used to play it on Nickelodeon all the time.
\/\/\/Yeah, Action League Now could be it\/\/\/

Aciid c0d3r fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 9, 2009

Alyeska
Oct 22, 2008
I didn't have Nickelodeon as a kid, but I suppose I could have seen it at a friend's house. Could you give me a name?

blazelust
Oct 21, 2008

I think you might be talking about Action League Now.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
I looked through this thread and didn't see it, but I'm looking for a series of livejournal posts about a horrible roommate. It was about several people living in one house and the new girl that moved in believed that she was a video game character or something. If anyone could link me to that, it would be much appreciated.

Alyeska
Oct 22, 2008

blazelust posted:

I think you might be talking about Action League Now.

I'm pretty sure this is it, thank you!!!

BullChicken
Jun 1, 2000

Gary, me need sex now inside please

JackGeneric posted:

One of the first things I did when I joined the forums was read through the entire SAclopedia. At some point, I stumbled across a youtube video that consisted entirely of two hyperactive kids yelling at a camcorder. I can't remember any context for the video, and I've tried looking through the SAclopedia again, but I can't remember where to look.

I can only remember one line, something about "Albert has gone to get the groceries" and I'm not to sure about that.

What you are thinking of is known as "He's Not Charles Johnson"
SAclopedia
YouTube

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Darkpenguin posted:

I looked through this thread and didn't see it, but I'm looking for a series of livejournal posts about a horrible roommate. It was about several people living in one house and the new girl that moved in believed that she was a video game character or something. If anyone could link me to that, it would be much appreciated.
This girl?

Here if you've got archives.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 9, 2009

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
\
/\/\/\/\http://www.demon-sushi.com/warning//\/\/\/\ Heres the website FF7 house
EDIT: also the forum is open to anyone, not just archives. It must've been goldmined.

Aciid c0d3r fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 9, 2009

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?

The Human Cow posted:

Sorry to beg, but I'm still waiting... I require this so I can blast it in my car and force other drivers off the road out of sheer confusion! (j/k of course)

mynameisbutt
Jun 19, 2007

Special persons invites club, that is what I'm talkings about!
I have a dilemma. See, whilst joking around with a few friends on a road trip many moons ago, my friend brought up this song that he used to listen to when he was younger. It was a rap song about killing your mother, with lyrics along the lines of "If she makes you clean your room, put her to her doom, kill your mother". Now I've googled the poo poo out of that song, only to come up with some Sage Francis song that isn't anything like what my friend described. I'll have to say the song could have originally been from 1993-1998.

If you find this or know anything about it then you will have made my life so much happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Sorry to beg, but I'm still waiting... I require this so I can blast it in my car and force other drivers off the road out of sheer confusion! (j/k of course)

Time to
Rock out

• Locked thread