Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

The owner of this one Japanese punk shop that I'm always trading with was looking for some death metal 7" that I just happened to have, so I told him I'd trade it to him for a copy of that new Paintbox 7" when it comes out. Score! I also got a flyer today from a shop that says that the 3rd Paintbox album will finally be released in August. Can't. loving. Wait.

you lucky motherfucker. i am convinced i am the biggest paintbox/burning spirits fan on the east coast, ive been lusting after all that new material for MONTHS and cant get a hold of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Zeldadude I see you posting about Allston all the time, have you had a chance to see Aminals (formerly Atomic Ballroom Calamity) live?

If so, whatcha think?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of places where the bct tapes can be aquired, internet or otherwise?

chaosnonmusica im looking at you.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Your Weird Uncle posted:

this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of places where the bct tapes can be aquired, internet or otherwise?

chaosnonmusica im looking at you.

http://www.socialnapalm.com/index2.html

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
loving YES. thank you.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Scaught posted:

Zeldadude I see you posting about Allston all the time, have you had a chance to see Aminals (formerly Atomic Ballroom Calamity) live?

If so, whatcha think?

Nope never seen them.

Despite all the talking I do about Allston I've only been there once, for the FC Five show. I'm lazy I guess. :downs:

Although I'm definitely going to the Converge show.

ninja edit: actually that was Brockton. Never actually been to allston, haha. Yes I missed Slapshot, so sue me :mad:

awdeetdeet
May 26, 2008
Apparently David Kennedy of Angels and Airwaves said that Blink-182 will be making a new album. If this turns out to be true...HOLY gently caress!!!!

Heres a link to the story: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=853742

Edit: Also, the new NFG album has leaked, and it's great.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
This should tickle some people...
http://b3ta.com/questions/pubs/post362920

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

awdeetdeet posted:

Apparently David Kennedy of Angels and Airwaves said that Blink-182 will be making a new album. If this turns out to be true...HOLY gently caress!!!!

Heres a link to the story: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=853742

Edit: Also, the new NFG album has leaked, and it's great.

Ten bucks says it's more of the same as the last one and ewww no thanks

I don't listen to blink for "mature" music

I listen to them because I want dick jokes and songs about girls

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
I have recently gotten back into Look Back and Laugh. God drat this band is good, any others agree?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

radikewlism posted:

I have recently gotten back into Look Back and Laugh. God drat this band is good, any others agree?

for real but this might start a casey is a dick discussion.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Is it still safe to discuss Kylesa in here because I'm pretty stoked for the new album. In my opinion, they've evolved in to the band Neurosis should have been post TSIB.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

EvilRobot posted:

Is it still safe to discuss Kylesa in here because I'm pretty stoked for the new album. In my opinion, they've evolved in to the band Neurosis should have been post TSIB.

I just saw them open for amebix last saturday. i liked them before but drat they are amazing live. Laura Pleasance is so beautiful.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Verse is playing with Soul Control in Providence next Friday and I sadly don't know if I'm motivated enough to go down there.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 7, 2009

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The motherfuckin' four steel girders are BACK

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007

Pantalones! posted:

for real but this might start a casey is a dick discussion.

It's funny because my name is Casey, and was initially pretty shocked when I read that.

Also, Kylesa is really loving good.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

More powerfully violent girders. loving insane.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Is there enough weed in the world to make this sweet?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

answersyouseek posted:

Is there enough weed in the world to make this sweet?

There is actually. I believe the specific number is equal to the same amount of boring rehashed USHC riffs that every band on No Way Records uses.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

ChaosNonMusica posted:

There is actually. I believe the specific number is equal to the same amount of boring rehashed USHC riffs that every band on No Way Records uses.

Oh I see what you did there. :bravo:

I'm just a little confused as to how every band on No Way can be lumped into one sound.

answersyouseek fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 8, 2009

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Chris Sweeney left Everybody Out! and rejoined with The Dead Pets. I'm happy and sad at the same time cause Everybody Out! was awesome. Hopefully The Dead Pets will tour in the USA soon

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Blink 182 are officially back :shobon:

I haven't listened to or cared about them for almost 5 years but when they said they were back I got a total high school nostalgia kick.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

I haven't listened to or cared about them for almost 5 years but when they said they were back I got a total high school nostalgia kick.

I know how you feel. I haven't cared about them or seen them live since high school, but if they play any non-arena shows around me I'll definitely be getting tickets.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

they're also officially terrible

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Your Weird Uncle posted:

they're also officially terrible

They're terrible but when I was 13, Dude Ranch was the poo poo. Actually, I still put on old blink CDs in the summer when I'm bored of everything else and everything in the world becomes right again, just like when I was a kid. I know it's nostalgia, but gently caress if I'm not seeing them play if they come around. Definitely a huge guilty pleasure.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I look forward to a summer of pop-punk.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Every summer is the summer of pop-punk.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

gerfatty posted:

This is an amazingly true statement.

Ironic war criminal
Jan 8, 2008
New Propagandhi tracks own.

These guys (Lungs) are supporting them here in Australia next week and they're not bad at all if you're into this sort of thing.

http://www.myspace.com/howlungswork

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

gerfatty posted:

True, but this one is gonna be extra special.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
I decided to revisit this thread, I have spent this morning listening to the Macc Lads. Definition of 'guilty pleasure', along with One Life Crew.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
summer is for thrash and pop punk. s'why razors edge is THE summer band.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Competition posted:

True, but this one is gonna be extra special.

Not with the Ergs broken up it isn't :(

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

kirkjames posted:

gently caress don't remind me! I had the choice of going to see them 3 hours away or seeing Andrew Jackson Jihad, Shinobu, Mike Park, and Sundowner an hour and a half away and for free, and I loving chose option B. "Oh, the Ergs will be back. I'll see them next year."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
ABACABB is at my house right now and like talking about loving 14 year olds. Its pretty weird. Merch guy is cool though.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

ABACABB is at my house right now and like talking about loving 14 year olds. Its pretty weird. Merch guy is cool though.

I remember 10th grade too...

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

baberaham lincoln posted:

I remember 10th grade too...

:drat:

My roommate said they could stay over because they played a show a few towns over and I guess he knew them from when he lived in D.C. this summer. I dont know why Im typing this still.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kirkjames posted:

And the Steinways

No reason for me to go to Insub now unless the Queers play it again or Ben Weasel headlines

There's a video of him doing Cindy's On Methadone wtih the Steinways at Insub and it's goddamn awesome

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fat Wreck just signed Teenage Bottlerocket, most likely because Fat Mike has a hard-on for Kody's old band, the Lillingtons

That's pretty awesome for them though I'm glad they're on a more well-known label than Red Scare (I think that's what it was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Woo! Good news from the pop-punk front for once.

Teenage Bottlerocket loving rules and they deserve all the attention and money they can get. And as much as I dislike Fat Mike, he treats the bands on his label really well, and I respect him for it.