Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mart
Jun 13, 2001

by T. Couchfucker
I'm about to start playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth along with anyone else whos joining in with Eat-Sleep-Games backlog segment... anything I need to know in advance? Config tweaks? Patches? Anything it's possible to miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Numbskullery Afoot posted:

I picked up Ar Tonelico 2 for the PS2 last week, and I probably should have handed over my genitals along with my credit card because that game is twelve different kinds of :wtc:.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can explain the battle system better than the tutorials did, particularly with the attack directions and such. I'm about 6 hours in now; I took Cloche's path because seriously that other bitch can go gently caress herself, and so far I've been managing by just building the burst gauge until it hit 10000% or so and then using magic. But now, I'm stuck on a boss fight with that blue dog thing and his robot helpers, so I figure it's time to learn how to actually play the game. :saddowns:

Up raises Harmonics, which increases the level of attacks you can use (if you're above level 15)
Left gives a jump to the Burst gauge.
Down decreases the amount of damage done to the Reyvateil in defense phase if she's hit, and allows for Combo Magic later. This isn't really needed at the point of the game you're in.
Right just cures some MP. Don't use this.

There's an emotion indicator on the bottom right, when you fill one of the points the text in that direction turns white and you get whatever bonus that direction gives. Also, when the little star appears there, attack in that direction so your magic levels up at the end of the turn.

Also in the menu (press triangle), you can choose what enemy to attack, so maybe switching it to concentrate on the dog-thing will help. Other than that, it's all about guarding so you don't take too much damage.

Have you been diving into Cloche past the one mandatory level you have to do? That's how you get better/stronger song magic.

1-600-DOCTORB
Nov 29, 2004

Side effects may include gopherism, multi-brow, and tracheal meerkat colonies
Pillbug
I did just get level 2 attacks right before the save point for this boss, and I couldn't figure out how to activate them, so now I know Harmonics is good for something! I'd read somewhere else about there being an emotion indicator, and either I'm completely blind or it's getting cut off on my TV. There's so much poo poo going on in that UI anyway that I've probably missed it. Sounds like it's rather important, so I'll go looking for it next time I play.

I finished the second level in Cloche and I don't think I can get any deeper ( :quagmire: ) with her yet.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Mart posted:

I'm about to start playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth along with anyone else whos joining in with Eat-Sleep-Games backlog segment... anything I need to know in advance? Config tweaks? Patches? Anything it's possible to miss?

Patch it til it glows. iirc the release version had some bugs of the Unable To Ever Finish Game variety.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What do I need to know about Halo 3, specifically the campaign on Legendary? Also, when I pick up those skulls does that count as completing the cheat or do I have to carry it through the level?

CAPTAIN DOOP
Sep 19, 2008

by The Finn

samoth posted:

What do I need to know about Halo 3, specifically the campaign on Legendary? Also, when I pick up those skulls does that count as completing the cheat or do I have to carry it through the level?

If you haven't played through on Heroic or Normal before then, uh, keep your eyes open for Jackal snipers. You can get one-shotted by those beam rifles. Also, on the second level, try to save a Needler for the room full of brutes and the hammer-wielding chieftain. Needler owns brutes. Also fully charged plasma pistols to instantly take down any enemies' shields and a Battle Rifle or similar weapon to score a headshot.

When you mention the skulls, when you say complete the cheat do you mean "complete the achievement" for getting the skulls?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

I picked up Ar Tonelico 2 for the PS2 last week, and I probably should have handed over my genitals along with my credit card because that game is twelve different kinds of :wtc:.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can explain the battle system better than the tutorials did, particularly with the attack directions and such. I'm about 6 hours in now; I took Cloche's path because seriously that other bitch can go gently caress herself, and so far I've been managing by just building the burst gauge until it hit 10000% or so and then using magic. But now, I'm stuck on a boss fight with that blue dog thing and his robot helpers, so I figure it's time to learn how to actually play the game. :saddowns:

The dog thing is probably the hardest boss in the game for where it is in your level progression.

Here are a few more tips, other than the ones that have already been handed out.

1. There's a bug on a boss named Raki in the THIRD (and optional subsequent) fights with her. You can work around this by defeating her before she gets to her THIRD defense phase.

2. You commit to an ending by choosing to become a girl's partner on her level 5 cosmosphere. The character whose path you don't take is not an option for the ending. The third magic-caster-girl (Reyvateil) to join you has the most awesome ending, so I'd strongly suggest going for her.

3. Use the "Girl Power" system with IPDs. You want ones that have Guard +++ or ++++. Once you get that you can easily get perfect guards on most attacks.

4. After you beat the dog thing and a bunch of story stuff you'll get an ability called Replakia. Pay attention to its tutorial and use it every fight.

5. Synchronity Chains (you don't have this yet) don't really work too well unless you've got a song magic tree with a Synchronity Chain song on it rolling at the start of the Synchronity Chain. While in the Synchronity Chain, you get a bunch of TOTALLY FREE time to smackdown on things.

6. If you combo a lot of attacks into a short period of time, it gives you bonus time for your turn.

7. The best Reyvateil is the third one. I know I mentioned this in tip 2, but it bears repeating.

8. You need Cloche in your active party to use Replakia, so she's the second best Reyvateil. Looks like even the game designers agreed with you about Luca.

9. Always fight IPDs if the fight is remotely winnable. Curing the IPDs is a process of trial-and-error bullshit so just look at a guide on gamefaqs or something. After you cure an IPD, you need to get its requirements (on page 2 of its info card) satisfied to add it to Replakia.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CAPTAIN DOOP posted:

If you haven't played through on Heroic or Normal before then, uh, keep your eyes open for Jackal snipers. You can get one-shotted by those beam rifles. Also, on the second level, try to save a Needler for the room full of brutes and the hammer-wielding chieftain. Needler owns brutes. Also fully charged plasma pistols to instantly take down any enemies' shields and a Battle Rifle or similar weapon to score a headshot.

When you mention the skulls, when you say complete the cheat do you mean "complete the achievement" for getting the skulls?

Yeah, once you pick up the skulls they replace one of your weapons. To get the achievements for them do I have to keep them for a certain amount of time, or does just picking them up complete the achievement (the very first one, "blind", isn't part of the achievement and i haven't played enough to get to the second one to see).

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm trying to get back into Legend of Mana because I loved Secret of Mana, but I'm having a hard time. The game seems really disconnected and the plot is strange. Is there anything I can do to make the game more fun, or is it just a different game altogether?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

samoth posted:

Yeah, once you pick up the skulls they replace one of your weapons. To get the achievements for them do I have to keep them for a certain amount of time, or does just picking them up complete the achievement (the very first one, "blind", isn't part of the achievement and i haven't played enough to get to the second one to see).

When you pick up a gold skull and achievement message will show up, then you can just drop it and continue going. Silver skulls won't display a message, so make sure you hold them for at least 10 seconds so it registers.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've never played the game or even heard about it, but the way you guys describe Ars Tornelico 2....I swear it sounds like you're making poo poo up, it's hilarious.

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer

LorneReams posted:

I'm trying to get back into Legend of Mana because I loved Secret of Mana, but I'm having a hard time. The game seems really disconnected and the plot is strange. Is there anything I can do to make the game more fun, or is it just a different game altogether?

It's a whole different animal.

There are 3 main plot lines, any of which will bring you to the end, but you're welcome to do all of them. One is the Gato line, starring Escad, Deanna, and Irwin, which incidentally starts in Gato. You've got your Jumi line featuring Elazul and Pearl, most of which involves Geo in some way. Then there's the Dragoon line, with Larc, which begins in the Underworld. A "plot quest" will usually have a little symbol appear by the name when the quest first pops up.

There's really no way to know what artifact is going to be involved in a story line, without actually consulting a guide or anything. You don't always get the next location from the previous quest. Example, to continue the Gato line, you might have to help Nicollo find the sprite in the Mindas Ruins to get the next artifact.

I recall the Underworld line being the most straightforward, in that finishing one area will give you the artifact for the next, and so on. Just play through until you get the Twisted Spoon and follow that line from then on.

1-600-DOCTORB
Nov 29, 2004

Side effects may include gopherism, multi-brow, and tracheal meerkat colonies
Pillbug

wdarkk posted:

Lots of helpful stuff

Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind too. Kind of unfortunate that only one more magic-girl joins, but if she's so awesome then I'll take her.

I've captured every IPD I could find so far, except for one that is right outside the dungeon I'm on currently. She was infection level 3 and basically wrecked my poo poo, so I'll come back for her later.

Salt Block Party
Jan 1, 2005

by Fistgrrl

LorneReams posted:

It's a fairly bad game, in my opinion. The plot isn't linear and you basically just do random missions over and over until you chance upon one that has to do to with one of the game's plot threads. While the art style is intriguing I didn't find the gameplay involving at all. If you are looking for another Secret of Mana, try Seiken Densetsu 3 for SNES (translation patch is available somewhere), it's basically a direct sequel using the exact same mechanics.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind too. Kind of unfortunate that only one more magic-girl joins, but if she's so awesome then I'll take her.

I've captured every IPD I could find so far, except for one that is right outside the dungeon I'm on currently. She was infection level 3 and basically wrecked my poo poo, so I'll come back for her later.

IPDs become available long before you can actually take them (without godlike blocking skills, since 100% perfect can overcome any level difference). I think you can get to a level NINE IPD before the end of Phase 1.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Is there anything I need to know about Metal Gear Solid: 4 that should be arriving at my door in a day or two from Gamefly? I have played MGS 1 and 2 all the way through, but I haven't played #3.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Orvin posted:

Is there anything I need to know about Metal Gear Solid: 4 that should be arriving at my door in a day or two from Gamefly? I have played MGS 1 and 2 all the way through, but I haven't played #3.

You should play #3. MGS4 bsically ties up every plot thread of every MGS game ever, makes references to all of them, has characters from all of them, and basically is a huge-rear end finale to the entire series. Which means that you should play #3 first. Heck, playing the two Portable Ops games also contributes the the total understanding of MGS4's plot, but not as much as Snake Eater does.

Other than that, play the game as you want. Try to knock out bosses for special stuff, and after doing so look around their area: you can find statues. Not much point, but neat collectibles. Also, when they reveal their 'second' form: when they remove their armor, you can take pictures of them for an...interesting reaction.

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business
Try to find some way to watch MGS3. I hated the game (loved MGS1), and there's a "watch as movie" on the Subsistence version anyway.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Zuffox posted:

Try to find some way to watch MGS3. I hated the game (loved MGS1), and there's a "watch as movie" on the Subsistence version anyway.

Really? I thought it was pretty good. Still, watching it is a valid option, especially if you just want it for the plot so you can jump into MGS4. I personally recommend playing it, but take that as you will.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Will I be missing out on any plot or anything if I play Shadow Hearts: From the New World without first playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant?

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Zuffox posted:

I liked MGS3 so much I'm torn between that and MGS4 as my favorite entry of the series. I mean all the games are phenomenal...but I loved the back history of Big Boss and I thought the setting of the game was great.

After playing MGS3 I have been desperately eager for a MG1 & MG2 (the outdoor sections of MG2 were great) remake but I'm not gonna hold my breath for that to happen.

Also I agree that you really need to at least understand the plot of MGS3 for MGS4 to have proper significance to you, or there will be some points in the game that will leave you very puzzled.

Gameplay wise, once you get to Act 5...stay to the left side of the deck of Outer Haven, it is impossible to advance into the ship if you are in alert, and once they find you, you pretty much cannot get out of alert mode, if you stay to the left the entire time and be patient taking out each guard one by one this shouldnt be as frustrating as it has been for some people. Also wait for the artillery fire to take out one of the Gekkos for you.

I think Act 5 is the toughest part of the game if you dont know how to play that section correctly.

McKracken fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 12, 2009

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Rollersnake posted:

Will I be missing out on any plot or anything if I play Shadow Hearts: From the New World without first playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant?

Not really. From the New World isn't a direct continuation. There are some recurring characters and themes, but you won't be lost.
That said, I would definitely recommend playing Covenant first. It's the better of the two games and it's neat to see what few things they bring into From the New World. Especially Lenny.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
What should I know before getting too far into Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory? I played through the first mission already and got through with trial and error, learning as I went along (don't have the instruction manual.) Is it possible to save the guy I was supposed to be rescuing? I restarted a few times to try to get to him before they zapped him to death, but didn't make it.

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

Toebone posted:

What should I know before getting too far into Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory? I played through the first mission already and got through with trial and error, learning as I went along (don't have the instruction manual.) Is it possible to save the guy I was supposed to be rescuing? I restarted a few times to try to get to him before they zapped him to death, but didn't make it.

Just played through Chaos Theory again a couple weeks ago. Great game--I think you'll enjoy the trip. If you've finished the first mission, you already know most of the things you'll need to know to survive the game.

No, you can't save Morgenholt in the Lighthouse mission. It's impossible; don't try. Although there is a little piece of interesting dialogue if you put a bullet in him to be sure he's dead--Lambert gets angry at you for leaving NATO rounds in a torture victim.

Other things:

* If you want the highest post-mission score, I'm pretty sure that you have to use nonlethal takedowns. This means a lot of shooting out lights/temporarily disabling them (target a light source with the pistol and hit L1 on a PS2 controller to temporarily short out the light) and then sneaking up on your quarry from behind. Once you've grabbed/interrogated them, you can either knife 'em or do a sleeper hold.

* Speaking of mission scores, it's just there for bragging rights. I'm reasonably certain that the game doesn't change one iota if you go through the game noisily murdering everyone you come across. But it's a lot less fun that way. The game doesn't even change if you kill/don't kill Shetland.

*If you do ever use your sniper rifle (pull out your SC-20 and push R3 to look through the scope), holding L1 will have Sam hold his breath, giving you a steady shot.

* Every mission in CT has an optional opportunity objective--for example, in mission 2 (cargo ship) they ask you to find a certain number of special boxes. I'm not absolutely sure if they contribute to your post-mission score (I think they do), but if you're like me, then you'll do them anyway out of a sense of completion.

* About the only thing I use the SC-20 rifle for is the sticky shockers and air rings. The gun makes enough noise to wake up the neighbors and is very bad for remaining stealthy. The pistol should serve most of your needs.

*You've got 3 visual modes, aside from the normal mode: night vision, thermal, and EMF. Night vision will be your most useful, but you'll occasionally use the other 2--EMF is very hard to see anything in, but it's great for spotting cameras in the darkness and disabling them before you walk right in front of them.

* Save relatively often, especially after a difficult section. You don't really want to have to take out the same 3 enemies time and again just because you got spotted my enemy #4.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mart posted:

My advice is the play it on the easiest difficulty and play it like an interactive movie. The combat is clunky and enemies pretty much respawn forever meaning there are a lot of even clunkier stealth sections. Also the chase sequences are really loving cool but only if you don't die 100 times due to trial and error... which is why I suggest playing it on the easiest difficulty.

The rest of the gameplay is awesome though.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.

McKracken posted:

I liked MGS3 so much I'm torn between that and MGS4 as my favorite entry of the series. I mean all the games are phenomenal...but I loved the back history of Big Boss and I thought the setting of the game was great.

After playing MGS3 I have been desperately eager for a MG1 & MG2 (the outdoor sections of MG2 were great) remake but I'm not gonna hold my breath for that to happen.

Also I agree that you really need to at least understand the plot of MGS3 for MGS4 to have proper significance to you, or there will be some points in the game that will leave you very puzzled.

Gameplay wise, once you get to Act 5...stay to the left side of the deck of Outer Haven, it is impossible to advance into the ship if you are in alert, and once they find you, you pretty much cannot get out of alert mode, if you stay to the left the entire time and be patient taking out each guard one by one this shouldnt be as frustrating as it has been for some people. Also wait for the artillery fire to take out one of the Gekkos for you.

I think Act 5 is the toughest part of the game if you dont know how to play that section correctly.

It's not impossible, but god drat is it hard. It's pretty much blind luck to open that door while under fire from Gekkos and Frogs. I would also say learn your CQC. I went through the first time without using it, and on my second runthrough it makes a lot of encounters easier. And if you don't have the M4 and the handgun that you get at the beginning equipped and a cutscene happens, it'll put it into your inventory for you, often in place of the weapon you had equipped. Something to remember if you're going for something like a no kill game.

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Chairon posted:

It's not impossible, but god drat is it hard. It's pretty much blind luck to open that door while under fire from Gekkos and Frogs.

It's so tough that its not worth even trying if youre in alert. If you subdue all the guards that come your way the only thing you have to worry about is the Gekko, and if you wait for a couple of seconds once the 2 Gekko are in view one of them will be blown to bits by artillery shells. So than all you have to do is wait until the last Gekko turns around run to the door and mash the crap out of that button...and than you dont have to worry about alerts for the rest of the game.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
So I'm aware that this is a stupid question even as I ask it, but anyway... Does anyone know if Street Fighter IV uses the HD Remix controls (or if the home ports will have the option to)? I'm guessing not, just because the former was developed in Japan and the latter in America, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm getting spoiled by Dhalsim's and Zangief's new easier handling.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

I want tips for Disgaea for the PSP. I've played FFT and I found it wonderful but I have tried playing Disgaea twice and felt overwhelmed. What should I know before I play Disgaea?

Henry Fungletrumpet
Dec 1, 2008

Cliff posted:

Any tips for FFVII? Bear in mind that I don't intend to do the ridiculous endgame stuff like Ruby and Emerald Weapon. Right now, I just out of Gold Saucer, so I'm not exactly at the beginning.
This is pretty well-known, but it bears mentioning anyway: sell your ALL materia once they reach maximum AP (probably won't happen until fairly late in the game). They're worth something like 1.4 million gil maxed out and I'm pretty sure the level doesn't actually affect their usefulness as it does with other materia, so you can just buy another one cheap and have it do the exact same thing.

Man I need to play this game again, it's one of my favourites yet I don't remember a thing about it.

Wheresmy5bucks
Feb 10, 2007

So, where is it?
All Materia's level decides how often one can use it per battle. But All's usefulness drops anyway once you embrace Enemy Skill materia.

Enemy Skill White Wind is an all-heal btw with no need for All materia for full party healing.

Enemy skills in general are badass and allow earlier access to MP-Efficient 2.5 versions of spells. Beta=Fire2.5, Aqualung=Water2.5, Trine=Bolt2.5 multi all for about 25mp a pop vs. the 50 of Fire/Ice/Bolt3. Also, they don't nerf your stats, Enemy Skills is just all around awesome.

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Wheresmy5bucks posted:

All Materia's level decides how often one can use it per battle. But All's usefulness drops anyway once you embrace Enemy Skill materia.

Enemy Skill White Wind is an all-heal btw with no need for All materia for full party healing.

Enemy skills in general are badass and allow earlier access to MP-Efficient 2.5 versions of spells. Beta=Fire2.5, Aqualung=Water2.5, Trine=Bolt2.5 multi all for about 25mp a pop vs. the 50 of Fire/Ice/Bolt3. Also, they don't nerf your stats, Enemy Skills is just all around awesome.

I think the materia in FF7 was the best use of magic/skill/tech in any jRPG that I have played. Enemy skills were awesome for the exact reasons you listed, but with all the possible choices and combos you could make with the slots in your armor and weapons your party could have some insanely powerful spells that were suitable for very specific functions.

With KoTR and W-summon and mime you could pretty much break the game.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

McKracken posted:

With KoTR and W-summon and mime you could pretty much break the game.

Moreso if you had a second KotR linked to MP Absorb and another character with Mime. MP Absorb restores more MP than KotR costs to cast, and Mime mimics the entire W-Summon for free. (And if anyone didn't get it, W-Summon = Double You Summon, or Double Summon.)

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

m2pt5 posted:

Moreso if you had a second KotR linked to MP Absorb and another character with Mime. MP Absorb restores more MP than KotR costs to cast, and Mime mimics the entire W-Summon for free. (And if anyone didn't get it, W-Summon = Double You Summon, or Double Summon.)

Yeah thats a potent combination. I don't think the magic in any FF game has been as good since FFVII. The summons in FFXII were totally useless to me and I didn't like the grid all that much in FFX, most of the spells were very vanilla and were the same thing seen in most other FF games.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Henry Fungletrumpet posted:

This is pretty well-known, but it bears mentioning anyway: sell your ALL materia once they reach maximum AP (probably won't happen until fairly late in the game). They're worth something like 1.4 million gil maxed out and I'm pretty sure the level doesn't actually affect their usefulness as it does with other materia, so you can just buy another one cheap and have it do the exact same thing.

Man I need to play this game again, it's one of my favourites yet I don't remember a thing about it.

I don't remember ever needing money when I played that game, what would you do with all that money?

Wheresmy5bucks
Feb 10, 2007

So, where is it?
If I recall the Chocobo Incest ring got pretty expensive.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Wheresmy5bucks posted:

If I recall the Chocobo Incest ring got pretty expensive.

haha, now I'm picturing all these Chocobos with buck-teeth, one wing, and three legs stumbling around the racetrack.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Any Burnout Game:

Burnout's kind of like the theory of relativity. The faster you go, the more crazy poo poo happens. You go as fast as you can, the physics start breaking down. You can sometimes run into cars head-on and not crash. You can skim off walls. You can pick up other cars and toss them aside, or hit them in the side in mid-air and send them flying. Drive like a loving madman.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

Pau posted:

I want tips for Disgaea for the PSP. I've played FFT and I found it wonderful but I have tried playing Disgaea twice and felt overwhelmed. What should I know before I play Disgaea?

Don't worry so much about all the things you can do on your first game. Transmigration, leveling up items, specialists, passing bills (except for the more expensive stuff bills).

However the item world is a great place to level up your dudes. Keep an eye on the bonus list for +EXP entries. Every character on the field at the end of the battle gets that much EXP. It's a great way to keep your healer(s) leveled.

Try to avoid creading characters at good for nothing, and aim for at least average. It's also not worth it to create at distinguished or genius, because of the mana cost and requirement to pass bills at the Dark Assembly.

Don't worry too much about stat aptitudes. But be sure to give your characters weapons they are proficient with.

Also take advantage of the techniques that reposition the user or target. Most fist specials will move the target, while most spear specials will move the user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

CaptainScraps posted:

Any Burnout Game:

Burnout's kind of like the theory of relativity. The faster you go, the more crazy poo poo happens. You go as fast as you can, the physics start breaking down. You can sometimes run into cars head-on and not crash. You can skim off walls. You can pick up other cars and toss them aside, or hit them in the side in mid-air and send them flying. Drive like a loving madman.

Although if you're in first place in a race, there's no reason to go fast due to the "rubber band" AI. Just cruise along lazily and only get aggressive when someone gets up in your business. Going really fast in first place won't get you a significant lead, because the AI will just match you.