Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
This one has been bugging me and I hope to God you can help me.

All I have to go on is a line of dialogue, I don't even know the rest of the conversation, but you can guess at its context. The line is:

"Do you mean 'Am I a drug dealer?' ...No, I am not a drug dealer."

It's spoken slowly in a kind of typical nerd voice. Possibly.

There's a good chance this isn't a movie, there's an equal chance that it exists only in my imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
I'm sure this one is obvious, but this scene popped into my head today and I cannot for the life of me place it:

Protagonist(s) are driving, do something to anger a student driver and her instructor. The instructor tells her to roll down her window, stick her arm out, and flip Protagonist(s) the bird.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Glass Joe posted:

I'm sure this one is obvious, but this scene popped into my head today and I cannot for the life of me place it:

Protagonist(s) are driving, do something to anger a student driver and her instructor. The instructor tells her to roll down her window, stick her arm out, and flip Protagonist(s) the bird.

Pretty sure this is the first Naked Gun.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

pud posted:

Pretty sure this is the first Naked Gun.

Makes sense. I got in trouble for laughing at that part when I was a kid :(

I've only seen it edited for TV since.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Glass Joe posted:

Makes sense. I got in trouble for laughing at that part when I was a kid :(

I've only seen it edited for TV since.

You can catch the full scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnex7brCZyM

Car chase begins around 1:37, with the bird-flipping part at 2:47

gruvmeister
Dec 28, 2006

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz,
I wonder where the flowers is

ProfessorClumsy posted:

All I have to go on is a line of dialogue, I don't even know the rest of the conversation, but you can guess at its context. The line is:

There's a good chance this isn't a movie, there's an equal chance that it exists only in my imagination.

There's a slight possibility this is from Deep Cover - Lawrence Fishburne & Jeff Goldblum, and Jeff is kinda nerdy.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

ProfessorClumsy posted:

Searching that quote on imdb brings up Andy Dick's character from Roadtrip saying something very close to it.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Captain Equinox posted:

You can catch the full scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnex7brCZyM

Car chase begins around 1:37, with the bird-flipping part at 2:47

Sweet, that's it, thanks!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

pud posted:

Searching that quote on imdb brings up Andy Dick's character from Roadtrip saying something very close to it.

Unfortunately, that's right. I'm glad my mind is at ease, but I really wish it had been a good film. Oh well. Thanks a lot for this, anyway.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Rerun posted:

What's the 80's movie where the kid has all the naked pictures hung up all over his room? I remember it was a pretty funny movie but that's the only part I remember.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High had a few scenes in Spicoli's room and he had centerfolds all over the place, including one that had a chattering skull pinned to the nipple of one of them.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Donny Brook posted:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High had a few scenes in Spicoli's room and he had centerfolds all over the place, including one that had a chattering skull pinned to the nipple of one of them.

It could all be refering to the little brother in Just One Of The Guys.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I saw a movie a very long time ago, I'm 20 and I think I saw it around when i was 8 or 9, but I could be wrong. I don't remember very much about it, but what I do remember is this:
-The main character is a teenage girl--i think she's a princess
-It's set in a sort of medieval time
-Her fiance the prince gets kidnapped by some evil witch
-There's a scene about trees blossoming or something like that
-She's climbing a mountain or hill and she's freezing cold, starving and has no shoes
-She reaches a village or camp and they give her magic shoes (I don't remember what they do) and magic scissors (If you have a small piece of fabric and you cut it with the scissors it makes more cloth rather than actually cutting it, so she can make extravagant clothes in minutes) and something that creates food in seconds.
-She's trying to get her boyfriend back but he's been hypnotized or is under some spell by the evil witch who wants to marry him
-Either the witch doesn't know who she is or she's in some sort of disguise I can't remember
-She decides to get the witch to hire her to plan the wedding, to make the clothes and make the food for the banquet
-At the banquet every single evil villain and criminal is invited
-At the end she poisons everyone at the entire banquet and gets her fiance back

I started remembering more things as I was typing. So does anyone know what movie this is?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Ez posted:

I saw a movie a very long time ago, I'm 20 and I think I saw it around when i was 8 or 9, but I could be wrong. I don't remember very much about it, but what I do remember is this:
-The main character is a teenage girl--i think she's a princess
-It's set in a sort of medieval time
-Her fiance the prince gets kidnapped by some evil witch
-There's a scene about trees blossoming or something like that
-She's climbing a mountain or hill and she's freezing cold, starving and has no shoes
-She reaches a village or camp and they give her magic shoes (I don't remember what they do) and magic scissors (If you have a small piece of fabric and you cut it with the scissors it makes more cloth rather than actually cutting it, so she can make extravagant clothes in minutes) and something that creates food in seconds.
-She's trying to get her boyfriend back but he's been hypnotized or is under some spell by the evil witch who wants to marry him
-Either the witch doesn't know who she is or she's in some sort of disguise I can't remember
-She decides to get the witch to hire her to plan the wedding, to make the clothes and make the food for the banquet
-At the banquet every single evil villain and criminal is invited
-At the end she poisons everyone at the entire banquet and gets her fiance back

I started remembering more things as I was typing. So does anyone know what movie this is?
Is this it? The Polar Bear King

From the imagination of Jim Henson comes this live-action fantasy set in the enchanted world of Summerland. When the new king, Valemon (Tobias Hoesl), refuses to wed a wicked witch, she puts a curse upon him, turning him into a giant polar bear. Exiled in the iciness of Winterland, Valemon meets a lovely princess (Maria Bonnevie) who -- unbeknownst to the sovereign -- is his only hope for breaking the spell.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Have two
First one I think was a made for TV movie about a school reunion. I saw it mid to late '90s and all I can really remember is there is some plot device about the 'nerd' trying to flush a urinal with his foot and stepping in the urinal and then later successfully doing it. There may have been a sub-plot about a woman convincing this guy he got her pregnant and gets him to kidnap someone else's baby. Don't think it was very good but I kinda want to know what happened.

Other one isn't a movie but since I couldn't find a "What Show was This" thread in TV IV I guess I'll ask here. Does anyone know what cartoon featured people with power based on their morality, I seem to remember the good prince had good magic, the bad guy could raise the dead or something involving skeletons and the prince's brother who had kinda helped cause the whole war could travel through shadows.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

fenix down posted:

Is this it? The Polar Bear King

From the imagination of Jim Henson comes this live-action fantasy set in the enchanted world of Summerland. When the new king, Valemon (Tobias Hoesl), refuses to wed a wicked witch, she puts a curse upon him, turning him into a giant polar bear. Exiled in the iciness of Winterland, Valemon meets a lovely princess (Maria Bonnevie) who -- unbeknownst to the sovereign -- is his only hope for breaking the spell.

That would be it!

Thanks a lot. It's been bugging the poo poo out of me for a week.

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

Elohssa Gib posted:

Other one isn't a movie but since I couldn't find a "What Show was This" thread in TV IV I guess I'll ask here. Does anyone know what cartoon featured people with power based on their morality, I seem to remember the good prince had good magic, the bad guy could raise the dead or something involving skeletons and the prince's brother who had kinda helped cause the whole war could travel through shadows.

Skeleton Warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMU1_ctXthM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108928/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeleton_Warriors

Skywarps Hat fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 17, 2009

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
This is a movie I saw a long time ago and barely remember anything about, but it's been driving me crazy for years. I saw it sometime before I was 13, so it can't be any newer than 1997. When I did see it it was on VHS, so it must be older than that. I was young enough that I didn't really pay attention to actors, so I really can't remember if anybody famous was in it or not. I know this is vague, but if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful! It migh have been a made for tv movie, as it was a homemade VHS. I don't remember a lot of gore, but there was plenty of violence and probably plenty of cursing. No nudity and no female main characters. My step dad called it "One man killing hunters", but that's not it at all. I've tried dozens of combinations of "hunter/hunting" on imdb in keyword search and plot search, but no dice. :(

Here are some of the bits and pieces I remember about it.

*Group of guys go to a private parcel of land that gets rented out especially for hunters. Each group has their own "zone' that they are supposed to stay in. It might have been an island, I remember they had to take a helicopter to get there.
*While waiting for said helicopter, the main character hears what sounds like an urban legend about a crazy old man that lives on the (possible) island. The legend says that the man went insane after his son was accidently shot in a hunting accident.
*Group gets shot at while crossing a big, white bridge.
*member of hunting party goes missing. Friend split up to go looking for him.
*They stumble across another hunting party that also had some of the people go missing. New group is distrustful of old group and assume that they are to blame for their missing friend.
*someone gets hung up in a tree. They may or may not have had their throat slit.
*At one point two of the people are hiding in a cave.
*Main character finds a different cave in which the Crazy Old Man was hiding out and had their friend locked up in a cage.
*Fire broke out and main character and maybe a couple of people escaped in the helicopter

The part I remember most is at the very end of the movie the Main Character was holding a party at his house with his wife and kids and hears something outside. He goes out to investigate and sees something hanging on his mailbox. When he goes to take a look at it he finds out that it was the ID badge that belonged to one of his friends that was killed, that was left on the Island.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Thank you, I was kinda afraid I had just jumbled up memories of other cartoons and now I can rest assured I'm not crazy.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

This is a movie I saw a long time ago and barely remember anything about, but it's been driving me crazy for years. I saw it sometime before I was 13, so it can't be any newer than 1997. When I did see it it was on VHS, so it must be older than that. I was young enough that I didn't really pay attention to actors, so I really can't remember if anybody famous was in it or not. I know this is vague, but if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful! It migh have been a made for tv movie, as it was a homemade VHS. I don't remember a lot of gore, but there was plenty of violence and probably plenty of cursing. No nudity and no female main characters. My step dad called it "One man killing hunters", but that's not it at all. I've tried dozens of combinations of "hunter/hunting" on imdb in keyword search and plot search, but no dice. :(

Here are some of the bits and pieces I remember about it.

*Group of guys go to a private parcel of land that gets rented out especially for hunters. Each group has their own "zone' that they are supposed to stay in. It might have been an island, I remember they had to take a helicopter to get there.
*While waiting for said helicopter, the main character hears what sounds like an urban legend about a crazy old man that lives on the (possible) island. The legend says that the man went insane after his son was accidently shot in a hunting accident.
*Group gets shot at while crossing a big, white bridge.
*member of hunting party goes missing. Friend split up to go looking for him.
*They stumble across another hunting party that also had some of the people go missing. New group is distrustful of old group and assume that they are to blame for their missing friend.
*someone gets hung up in a tree. They may or may not have had their throat slit.
*At one point two of the people are hiding in a cave.
*Main character finds a different cave in which the Crazy Old Man was hiding out and had their friend locked up in a cage.
*Fire broke out and main character and maybe a couple of people escaped in the helicopter

The part I remember most is at the very end of the movie the Main Character was holding a party at his house with his wife and kids and hears something outside. He goes out to investigate and sees something hanging on his mailbox. When he goes to take a look at it he finds out that it was the ID badge that belonged to one of his friends that was killed, that was left on the Island.
Sounds somewhat like the 1977 Canadian movie Rituals
Check out the trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-vyFu8r-w

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

the beginning of the song "Red Sea" by Isis begins with this quote. what [i'm assuming movie] is this from? imdb.com quote search finds nothing.

female:"You were away"
male (who sounds like Crispin Glover): "When honey, when was I away?"
female: "You were, though. Away in the sea of red."

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 19, 2009

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

Binary Logic posted:

Sounds somewhat like the 1977 Canadian movie Rituals
Check out the trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-vyFu8r-w

After reading around a bit, that isn't it. It does look like an interesting movie though, thanks!

The one I saw was more of a thriller than a horror movie or slasher.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Venialblur posted:

the beginning of the song "Red Sea" by Isis begins with this quote. what [i'm assuming movie] is this from? imdb.com quote search finds nothing.

female:"You were away"
male (who sounds like Crispin Glover): "When honey, when was I away?"
female: "You were, though. Away in the sea of red."

I'm almost completely sure that's from the third episode of David Lynch's Hotel Room, in which case it was Crispin Glover.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

MachineryNoise posted:

I'm almost completely sure that's from the third episode of David Lynch's Hotel Room, in which case it was Crispin Glover.

ohhhhh fuckin' Lynch. why did it have to be him.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

MachineryNoise posted:

I didn't recognize it until you said it, but you're right. Best episode of the lot, too.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
I need help on two movies!

Movie the first:
It's probably from the 1970s or early 80s, and probably a bad made-for-TV horror movie. A passenger jet comes under attack or under the influence of some supernatual force or entity. The passengers discover (or guess) that the entity wants a child on board, or maybe they think it would respond to a sacrifice. But they don't give it a real child, instead (and this is the bit I remember most clearly) they get a doll and put the child's clothes on it, and even go so far as to stick nail clippings from the child onto to the doll's fingers, and possibly their hair too.

Movie the second:
All I have is a scene that I came across on late-night TV, it's of a few people (maybe 2 guys and a woman) in a run-down house or log cabin, dancing to a Sonic Youth song (maybe "Kool Thing"). They just dance around for minutes, probably for the whole duration of the song.

Edit: well poo poo, who'd have thunk a Sonic Youth song would have it's own wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool_Thing
So, Movie the second: probably called "Simple Men".

Fair Hallion fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 20, 2009

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
The movie I am looking for was probably made in the 80's. I thought the name was "Sabotage" but imdb has nothing which fits the bill.

What I remember:
It starts with a special forces soldier of some kind in a jungle down in what seems like central America.
There is a scene with a sniper shot through a plane. The sniper has to drill a hole to bolt the gun down because it's so HUGE.
The love interest is a chick with dark hair.

Manny Calavera
Apr 2, 2004

From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea
I'm thinking of a film, some scientists clone a caveman or something. They observe him under controlled conditions, within this big science place in Antarctica or something.

He somehow escapes, he thinks the helicopter is some kind of bird-god, I think he grabs onto it but falls from it and dies after having taken off.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Manny Calavera posted:

I'm thinking of a film, some scientists clone a caveman or something. They observe him under controlled conditions, within this big science place in Antarctica or something.

He somehow escapes, he thinks the helicopter is some kind of bird-god, I think he grabs onto it but falls from it and dies after having taken off.

Iceman. Although not Val Kilmer, unfortunately.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0087452/

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Manny Calavera posted:

Iceman
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087452/

edit: curse you

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I remember seeing commercials a while back for a movie that was set in the late 1800's (I think) about a train robbery. It was an action-y movie with some stars in it, probably from the late 90's or early 00's. I can't seem to remember anything else about the movie other than it was a western robbery movie that involved a train. It's not 3:10 to Yuma. Does anyone have any idea what movie I'm thinking of?

EDIT: I think it was supposed to be a big budget blockbuster movie, but it kind of bombed at the box office.

Manny Calavera
Apr 2, 2004

From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea

Ape Agitator posted:

Iceman. Although not Val Kilmer, unfortunately.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0087452/

ah, thank you.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

I remember seeing commercials a while back for a movie that was set in the late 1800's (I think) about a train robbery. It was an action-y movie with some stars in it, probably from the late 90's or early 00's. I can't seem to remember anything else about the movie other than it was a western robbery movie that involved a train. It's not 3:10 to Yuma. Does anyone have any idea what movie I'm thinking of?

EDIT: I think it was supposed to be a big budget blockbuster movie, but it kind of bombed at the box office.
American Outlaws?

Alan Smithee posted:

Comedy Central used to play this. I don't remember anyone who starred in it or even who's the hero but anyway, the setting is like a beachhouse belonging to a loaded guy. One scene a rich guy shows up to his house and the cops search him for some reason. They find condoms in his wallet and his trophy wife/girlfriend gets pissed and slaps him.

Another scene: Dude is making it with a chick in a bathtub when someone comes in and disturbs their action. The chick's back is towards the camera so you can't see anything, plus she covers up by doing the X with her arms (she's on top)

Later scene: Bad guy/hitman type is trying to kill the rich loaded guy OR the guy in the bathtub (I think they were different characters) using a remote controlled helicopter. How he planned to actually kill him I don't know. I think the hero of the movie is trying to stop him
I know this is from over a year ago, but I think the movie is Glitch.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Action Jacktion posted:

American Outlaws?

That's the one. That god, it was driving me crazy.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
It's movie that I saw maybe 10 years ago and I think it was a comedy. They mention in it how antagonists are usually shown to be a bad/mean guy by being mean to kids, old people, or dogs (or some other similar set of three). Later in the movie, the antagonist does something mean to the first two and then when he is about to walk away, he adds in something like "oh, and your dog is ugly", so that he covers all three. This may have happened backstage of a concert or political rally/speech.

Thanks

Kookus
Mar 20, 2004

My honor is my life
I saw an animated movie on television a long time ago (~1991/2) where a kid goes to this mystical, Olympus-esque kingdom and is given a sword with a phrase to activate its powers or something. At some sidekick's request he takes a key and opens a gate that releases some ancient evil that had been locked up. I never knew its title and never saw the entire picture, but it has seriously bugged me at times, like now. Any ideas what it could be?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 11, 2009

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

jjack229 posted:

It's movie that I saw maybe 10 years ago and I think it was a comedy. They mention in it how antagonists are usually shown to be a bad/mean guy by being mean to kids, old people, or dogs (or some other similar set of three). Later in the movie, the antagonist does something mean to the first two and then when he is about to walk away, he adds in something like "oh, and your dog is ugly", so that he covers all three. This may have happened backstage of a concert or political rally/speech.

Thanks

Sounds like Don Johnson's character in Tin Cup

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Glass Joe posted:

Sounds like Don Johnson's character in Tin Cup

Awesome, thanks, I never would have thought of Tin Cup as the source.

Cobbled together from subtitles:

Costner: Whatever you think of me, you should know he hates old people, children, dogs...

Costner: It's a known fact, if a camera's not on him he treats old people and kids like dirt.
Guy: And dogs.

Old people: Excuse me, Mr. Simms. Would you give our grandson an autograph? Please, Mr. Simms?
Johnson: Can you people not see that I'm busy? I'm working. This is my office. Do I come to your office and ask for an autograph? I don't think so. Jesus. What an ugly dog.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This has bothered me for years, and although sometimes I've bumped into people who seem to remember something similar I've never been able to get an answer to it.

It was an animated film that had come out (in English, at least) at least by 1990, perhaps a little bit later but I think that's unlikely. This was most likely an 80's film.

The plot basically entailed a young girl being kidnapped by a count who turned out to be a vampire, or otherwise some kind of evil supernatural thing. There are really only two images I can somewhat vividly remember, one being the kidnap scene occurring in a rose bush, garden, or forest of some kind (rose imagery being prevalent throughout, if I recall), and the mansion he takes her to having a lot of elegant staircases. The movie ends, or ends close to after her escape or attempt to escape.

The Last Unicorn is the closest in artistic style that I can remember it looking like. It was very subdued, not particularly goofy and kind of dark (at least my young, 5-6 year old self interpreted it as such).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Nate RFB posted:

It was an animated film that had come out (in English, at least) at least by 1990, perhaps a little bit later but I think that's unlikely.

The plot basically entailed a young girl being kidnapped by a count who turned out to be a vampire, or otherwise some kind of evil supernatural thing. There are really only two images I can somewhat vividly remember, one being the kidnap scene occurring in a rose bush, garden, or forest of some kind (rose imagery being prevalent throughout, if I recall), and the mansion he takes her to having a lot of elegant staircases. The movie ends, or ends close to after her escape or attempt to escape.

Sounds close to Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101414/