Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Homers BBBq posted:

Yeah, I meant the big torrent. I've been listening to them in order and I'm still on 2001. I just assumed they were all like that. Good to hear.

Yeah, I've got the big torrent and listen to them in order (I'm up to May of 2003 I think) and I noticed that the songs are all edited out until late 2001/early 2002 or somewhere in there. I didn't really notice it until they announced a song that I wanted to hear and it wasn't on there, but a week later the same thing happened and it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus
Aug 3, 2005
Does anyone know which episode has the guy from the Navy call in where he tries to explain how there ships run. Adam tries to get it out of him but his best explanation is something like "we put the fire in" or something like that. Basically this guy is responsible for making the ship run but Adam figures out he has no idea how it actually works.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I have a request that probably won't be filled. I don't even know if it is from The Adam Carolla Show or Loveline. I think it was a this week in rage or what can't adam complain about but I don't know. It could have been loveline.

Adam went on a rant about "clearing your microwave slate" where all he did was bitch about people who would leave like 2 seconds on the microwave because you would go to it next, put your coffee in, close the door, hit 33 (never 30 btw), then it wouldn't start, you'd look at it, SEE SOME JERK DID NOT CLEAR HIS MICROWAVE SLATE, have to hit reset, then 33 again, and get warm coffee. I think he may have thrown a haymaker at Indians cooking entire curry meals in it and stinking up the whole building as an aside

I feel like Dameshek was in the room so it may be early TACS but I don't know. I never heard him ever rant about this again either but I have not listened to nearly as many loveline's as you guys.

It was en epic rant about a subject so minuscule only Ace could turn it into 2 minutes of LOLs

Today at work some jerk DID NOT CLEAR THEIR MICROWAVE SLATE and I couldn't stop thinking about the rant for the rest of the day.

DamienRyan
Feb 12, 2007

by Ozma

Modus posted:

Does anyone know which episode has the guy from the Navy call in where he tries to explain how there ships run. Adam tries to get it out of him but his best explanation is something like "we put the fire in" or something like that. Basically this guy is responsible for making the ship run but Adam figures out he has no idea how it actually works.

I definitely have it downloaded and I definitely know it's got no guest, I am listening through a lot of old eps lately so when I come across it I'll let you know.

Crump Rocknubs
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe grind on some shit.
A year after listening to my first episode of Loveline, I still can't decide whether Stryker reminds me more of Scrappy Doo or Jar Jar Binks. Any assistance in deciding the matter would be greatly appreciated.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Toclafane posted:

A year after listening to my first episode of Loveline, I still can't decide whether Stryker reminds me more of Scrappy Doo or Jar Jar Binks. Any assistance in deciding the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Scrappy thought he was the star of the show, when really everyone wanted him to shut the hell up, so there you go.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

Does the podcast of TACS include the entire show or is it just clips? Anyway to download the entire show in one mp3?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Entire show broken into 12 or 13 parts.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

FloydianOne posted:

Does the podcast of TACS include the entire show or is it just clips? Anyway to download the entire show in one mp3?

Looks like you can go to the mostly-official message board and register. Then you can get posts like this:

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=10633

From there you can find older years by seaching for TACS-200?

I've never used this, but it looks like full shows in one MP3. You have to register on that site, though. (edit: I downloaded one file and it looks like it is a full show in one MP3 file.)

Not as convenient as the podcast, but if you want to put in a little extra effort for combined MP3s it would be useful.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

FloydianOne posted:

Well it seems that the Adam Carolla Show is going the way of the dodo, I wonder what Adam's next move is? Back to Loveline? Could it be possible?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

JGdmn posted:

Well it seems that the Adam Carolla Show is going the way of the dodo, I wonder what Adam's next move is? Back to Loveline? Could it be possible?

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=11476

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Adam going back to Loveline would be the greatest thing ever, but it'll never happen.

If the show's really completely finished I'll be disappointed. I've really enjoyed the Adam/Theresa/Bryan dynamic over the last year or so. I hope Adam isn't the only one to land on his feet after this.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Well, that was unexpected.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I never really listened to TACS because while I loved Loveline for Adam, I loved him in relation to Drew and the hosed up callers. The more standard stuff never really grabbed me. But anyway, what happened? I gather this was not too unexpected; were the ratings bad or turmoil or what? E: Or maybe it was unexpected, I was just going off the folks in that link

And while I doubt Adam will make it back to Loveline, it would be amazing. I missed out when the old dynamic was live, so I want some real time experiences.

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 18, 2009

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
What a bummer. :( I hope he sticks with radio though and in fantasy land he would go back to Loveline.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007
I'm browsing through the podcast right now, but does anyone know if ace mentions it on air?

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

It was unexpected for me. I'm thinking this is either CBS changing it's format or Stern coming back to terrestrial radio when Sirius/XM blows up. Or maybe just another example of radio people being stupid and evil.

It's just like when Penn Jillette's show suddenly ended.

Oh well, I hope he gets back into radio somehow. Sucks.

Twobits posted:

I'm browsing through the podcast right now, but does anyone know if ace mentions it on air?

In the second segment Mary calls and asks him about it, be says there'll be a big announcement tomorrow, but pretty much confirms it.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 18, 2009

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

edit: quote /= edit

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Please tell me you people are loving kidding.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Daryl DBD posted:

Please tell me you people are loving kidding.

Not as much as we would hope, I'm afraid.

Feb 2, 2005
What do you guys think Adam would think about going back to Loveline? Would he consider it a step backward?

As a matter of fact, what was his reason for leaving in the first place?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
This in conjunction with the Top Gear US being canceled?

Hell, seems like all of radio (satellite and terrestrial) are going the way of the dodo.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Bad times.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007

ScreinNaimme posted:

What do you guys think Adam would think about going back to Loveline? Would he consider it a step backward?

As a matter of fact, what was his reason for leaving in the first place?

He was clearly joking, but didn't he always say he would kill himself if he was at loveline for more than 10 years? I think that sort of explains his feelings if only a little bit

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Alexandr posted:

Not as much as we would hope, I'm afraid.

I am so devastated right now... :smith:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I just finished watching the Adam Carolla Project and it was really great. A home improvement show focused on making it entertaining instead of "watch this fake bullshit where we flip a house for a bunch of money." They also open it for a second season, but I take it that is a no go since the show was on over 3 years ago.

I had no idea Top Gear was cancelled... that really sucks.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Seeing that it isn't even out on DVD whereas every other lovely TV show ever is getting a release, I guess a second season is a big no no.
I hope I'll get my Ray and Ozy fix somewhere else in the near future.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I have listened to every single show that's been on the air since the show started, listened in full every day... I hope to all that is holy that he returns to radio in some daily format, because even though I love Ace Roccola like a family member, I've never been a fan of anything he's done on TV (except the Adam Carolla Project). I didn't even like the Man Show, when it first came on, I would yell at the screen for Jimmy to go away and let Adam talk.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Like clockwork, another year of TACS, another shake up.

also, shrew, etc

TheDingo posted:

I had no idea Top Gear was cancelled... that really sucks.

It was never canceled. It's hard to get canceled when you're not picked up.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

Like clockwork, another year of TACS, another shake up.

also, shrew, etc

Yeah, but every year the shake-up always made me happy instead of sad. I was glad Rachel Perry was kicked, I was glad Dameshek was kicked along with that retard of a producer Bruska, and I was EXTREMELY psyched when Bonaduce was given the boot.

I don't care what anyone says, the current format that they had going between January 2008 to now has been almost perfect, I feel like they hit a groove that really worked.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
http://franklinavenue.blogspot.com/2009/02/adam-carolla-to-depart-klsx-971-to-flip.html

I wish the Spanish Top40 rumor had been true, the sweet irony of tuning in to hear ranchero would've be awesome.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

http://franklinavenue.blogspot.com/2009/02/adam-carolla-to-depart-klsx-971-to-flip.html

I wish the Spanish Top40 rumor had been true, the sweet irony of tuning in to hear ranchero would've be awesome.
That happened to WHFS in DC a few years back, and it was far from awesome.

I'm listening to yesterday's show right now, and they just let Larry Miller win a Hypothetical Question. I think they know the end is near.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Nemo posted:

That happened to WHFS in DC a few years back, and it was far from awesome.

I'm listening to yesterday's show right now, and they just let Larry Miller win a Hypothetical Question. I think they know the end is near.

Wow, you're right. I'm trying to think if there have been any other subtle hints recently...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bryan wearing a "GAME OVER" t-shirt subtle enough for you?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Phone posted:

Oh, I see on Wiki that NBC funded the pilot but never went through with the show. I'm pretty suprised because I would think an American tweak on the BBC show would do quite well over here on primetime. Hopefully production isn't too costly and someone like Discovery picks it up. Hopefully production is too expensive and we don't see it banished to Spike.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

Bryan wearing a "GAME OVER" t-shirt subtle enough for you?

I've never watched the webcasts. That's funny though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TheDingo posted:

Oh, I see on Wiki that NBC funded the pilot but never went through with the show. I'm pretty suprised because I would think an American tweak on the BBC show would do quite well over here on primetime. Hopefully production isn't too costly and someone like Discovery picks it up. Hopefully production is too expensive and we don't see it banished to Spike.

Yeah, they did the pilot, but didn't pick it up. Personally, I feel that Top Gear would be pretty great, but you fall into that whole advertising hole, and you'd have to make it a 1.5 hour show because 30 minutes of TV is actually 22.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Wishlist scenarios:
1. Adam goes back to Loveline
2. Daily podcast (I would pay for it if I had to)
3. 4 hour show on Satellite radio

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
1. Unlikely, but my god is it a pipedream :ohdear:
2. "Twatter"
3. Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

1. Unlikely, but my god is it a pipedream :ohdear:
2. "Twatter"
3. Hahaha

Obviously none of that poo poo is going to happen, I just wish it would happen.

Oh well, this must be a dream to most Adam Carolla fans that he is going off the air because they're the people who hate him the most really. Stern fans are the same way.

• Locked thread