Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Daryl DBD posted:

Oh well, this must be a dream to most Adam Carolla fans that he is going off the air because they're the people who hate him the most really. Stern fans are the same way.

Really? I love Carolla, I hope he's on forever in some medium. But radio is his best showing. The ACS was my favorite thing he's done, but it's miles above almost any other morning radio show. To think, Mark and Brian still have a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

JGdmn posted:

Really? I love Carolla, I hope he's on forever in some medium. But radio is his best showing. The ACS was my favorite thing he's done, but it's miles above almost any other morning radio show. To think, Mark and Brian still have a job.

Oh I agree with you man, but I feel like he has the same sort of "glass half empty" fans as Stern does in that nothing is ever good enough, etc., etc...

I hope Dana Gould comes on one more time.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Daryl DBD posted:

Oh I agree with you man, but I feel like he has the same sort of "glass half empty" fans as Stern does in that nothing is ever good enough, etc., etc...

I hope Dana Gould comes on one more time.

Yeah, I guess it shouldn't be shocking that a guy who constantly complains has a fan base that... constantly complains.

And considering Gould showed up for that last Bonaduce show in 2007, he should at least show up now.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, I guess it shouldn't be shocking that a guy who constantly complains has a fan base that... constantly complains.

And considering Gould showed up for that last Bonaduce show in 2007, he should at least show up now.

Robin....... please..... pullover..... stomach.... BROILING

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004
Bad news guys: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977598931&grpId=3659174697256484&nav=Groupspace

Looks like he is fired?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Something makes me think that article is just "CBS Radio Undergoes Carolla-ectomy" spin.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Something makes me think that article is just "CBS Radio Undergoes Carolla-ectomy" spin.

Yeah I think it's lame too. They're making it seem like he's the failure, when really the whole station is going under and changing format.

Dtrain
May 12, 2006

gone
I was pretty bummed to hear the news this morning, but as I was catching up on some shows from this week and heard the Prisoner David segment, it got really :smith:. Coming on Adam's show was probably that guy's entire livelihood, and even though he's a convicted felon he always seemed like a decent guy.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Due to their contracts being renewed for this year and Adam's cryptic reference to them still being "around" (in regards to podcasts I think?), I have some possibly empty hope that they'll switch to podcast only since that seemed to be their listener base and the figures they gave last week for podcast subscription hours was in the millions.
Oh god I hope so. I'm so distraught, it's almost comical. :smithicide:

I've had tv shows I loved canceled before and that's one thing, but this seems so much different because this was 4 hours EVERY DAY. It was a part of my workday and the only decent morning show I've ever heard. I just can't think of starting work without hearing that peppy Bosstones trumpet intro. I'll have to download that song.
Bad times.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Scudworth posted:

Due to their contracts being renewed for this year and Adam's cryptic reference to them still being "around" (in regards to podcasts I think?), I have some possibly empty hope that they'll switch to podcast only since that seemed to be their listener base and the figures they gave last week for podcast subscription hours was in the millions.
Oh god I hope so. I'm so distraught, it's almost comical. :smithicide:

I've had tv shows I loved canceled before and that's one thing, but this seems so much different because this was 4 hours EVERY DAY. It was a part of my workday and the only decent morning show I've ever heard. I just can't think of starting work without hearing that peppy Bosstones trumpet intro. I'll have to download that song.
Bad times.

You nailed it on the head for me. Work is so easy for me when I have the show to listen to.

If they finish it out with a podcast, that'll be ok for me because I never get to listen to the show live anyways. I have a feeling we aren't going to be that lucky...

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Here's something that wasn't just posted in a Howard Stern fansite:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/02/klsx-going-top.html

quote:

Beginning next week, new episodes of Carolla's show will no longer broadcast in any market, although it is believed that "best of" shows may air in some territories.

Doesn't look too hopeful for an all-podcast version for the rest of the year.

At least Joel McHale is on the calendar for Friday's show.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Nemo posted:

Here's something that wasn't just posted in a Howard Stern fansite:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/02/klsx-going-top.html

Doesn't look too hopeful for an all-podcast version for the rest of the year.

At least Joel McHale is on the calendar for Friday's show.

I'm digging the new avatar.

DamienRyan
Feb 12, 2007

by Ozma

Phone posted:

Yeah, they did the pilot, but didn't pick it up. Personally, I feel that Top Gear would be pretty great, but you fall into that whole advertising hole, and you'd have to make it a 1.5 hour show because 30 minutes of TV is actually 22.

So you just cut it down to a one hour show for the American version. Easy. 44 minutes.

I love the original Top Gear to bits, but as someone who does a bit of editing for tv, I can easily see where they could shave 15 minutes or so most episodes. I don't want them to do that for the UK version, but if it were necessary to appease advertisers 15 minutes less Top Gear wouldn't gut the heart out of the show. 2 minutes off guest interview, 1 minute off news, less padding during the public transport versus car segments, and you you've got a good 5 minutes already.

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!
He's got a cameo in Waiting 2, so there's always that.

The trailer looks horrible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbOw8Ut-JI

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
If anyone here is a frequent reader of the Adam Carolla messageborad, could you let us know if Adam or Lynette posts over there?

edit: Also if anyone wants to see the first two hours of this mornings webcast it's here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F7GPBICX

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

This could be my fault.. The day I decide I am going to start listening to the podcast regularly..

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
I liked the show. I just couldn't get up early enough to listen to it live.

I'm downloading all of the eposides avaialable on Itunes right now now that I've heard the news. I'm sad that it's been cancelled.

I don't know what the hell is going on with that station. Leykis has run out of material from his gimmick and is now giving financial advice. Tim Conway Jr. cant stop talking about his daughter and has random rear end guests. And why the hell do they keep Danny ( I can't stop talking about myself ) Bonaduci around?

the triplets, John and Jeff? Hahahah, gently caress that.

Adam was the best on that station hands down.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

FloydianOne posted:

This could be my fault.. The day I decide I am going to start listening to the podcast regularly..

No, it's my fault because I missed the last two weeks.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Revs posted:

I don't know what the hell is going on with that station. Leykis has run out of material from his gimmick and is now giving financial advice.

He's been doing that for a while now and it's all just part of his current event topics. It wasn't all women bashing and talking about sex. He did a lot of topics on finical advice, religion and politics. poo poo, he started out as a political talk show host in L.A.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Adam said the show is definitely over tomorrow.

He's starting a podcast, which he's not getting paid for. It'll be about 45 minutes.

He said he'll bring Bryan and Teresa in eventually.

It sounds like he's going to try to build an audience, then make the podcast bigger.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Malachi Constant posted:

If anyone here is a frequent reader of the Adam Carolla messageborad, could you let us know if Adam or Lynette posts over there?

Evidently they read a little bit and they post even less. Lynette has only posted in Springsteen threads and Adam only posted a couple times in reference to the Hammer and him coming back in 2008. They read it, but not enough to any personal message to get through, if that's what you were getting at.

And Malachi Constant summed up what's going on pretty well.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Malachi Constant posted:

Adam said the show is definitely over tomorrow.

He's starting a podcast, which he's not getting paid for. It'll be about 45 minutes.

He said he'll bring Bryan and Teresa in eventually.

It sounds like he's going to try to build an audience, then make the podcast bigger.
Helllll yeaaahhhhh. Leave B + T out of my AceCast please. If anyone can, uploading his entire last show would be awesome.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

The Pantheon posted:

Helllll yeaaahhhhh. Leave B + T out of my AceCast please. If anyone can, uploading his entire last show would be awesome.

How the hell can anyone DISLIKE Bald Bryan when he's the best drop guy on the planet and happens to know not to chime in unless it's beneficial to the broadcast? Teresa acted like it was her show and didn't know that there's nobody who liked anything she ever had to say, so hating her makes sense, but BB is pretty decent.

Also, I'm fairly sure the entirety of the last 3 days, from Wednesday on, will be uploaded in webcast format. Wednesday's already been done, as it was the first day we knew the show'd be ending, and Friday'll definitely be done.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
As if there wasn't any convincing needed that Jack Silver is a monumental retard, Adam cemented that fact today by stating that Jack hated Dana Gould and didn't like him on the show. Every time I knew Dana was going to be on the show, I'd be so excited. Way to not know the audience.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

FloydianOne posted:

Well, I actually started listening to the podcasts this week after running out of loveline episodes. Bummer :(

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
As a constant podcaster since early last year I'm very sad about the Carolla show going away, although I am slightly happy I may not have to hear another rant about Kellogs or Octomom.

Looks like someone added a ton of old stuff to the Podcast because iTunes just tried downloading a ton of old stuff going back 2006.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Daryl DBD posted:

As if there wasn't any convincing needed that Jack Silver is a monumental retard, Adam cemented that fact today by stating that Jack hated Dana Gould and didn't like him on the show. Every time I knew Dana was going to be on the show, I'd be so excited. Way to not know the audience.

Jesus Christ. Dana Gould is the best guest by a mile, even better than Joel McHale and DAG, which says a loving LOT. To do better radio than DAG and Adam Carolla is something that I simply never believed to be possible until I heard some of the Huell bits.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has checked this out, but Joel Hodgson was on in the middle of 2008 and he stuck around for the latter third of the show, and he was absolutely perfect. Everyone needs to check that one out. I kinda wish he'd do more of that poo poo, given how great he was with Adam. :(

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Alexandr posted:

Jesus Christ. Dana Gould is the best guest by a mile, even better than Joel McHale and DAG, which says a loving LOT. To do better radio than DAG and Adam Carolla is something that I simply never believed to be possible until I heard some of the Huell bits.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has checked this out, but Joel Hodgson was on in the middle of 2008 and he stuck around for the latter third of the show, and he was absolutely perfect. Everyone needs to check that one out. I kinda wish he'd do more of that poo poo, given how great he was with Adam. :(

I only know Huell from Gould's impression of him, but their bits are so funny that I end up laughing the entire drive.

Though I may miss SHOTGUN AND MCCAIN most of all.

At least I was able to hear Larry win at "Hypothetical Question" this week.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I'm looking forward to Adam's podcast on Monday morning, maybe more than the last ACS show.

(If you weren't listening Adam said he'd record a podcast Sunday night and post the podcast by this Monday on adamcarolla.com )

It'll take time for him to get into a groove with it, but I have no doubt that an un-censored Adam will have a huge following eventually. I also love that he's taking this leap of faith.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Alexandr posted:

How the hell can anyone DISLIKE Bald Bryan when he's the best drop guy on the planet and happens to know not to chime in unless it's beneficial to the broadcast? Teresa acted like it was her show and didn't know that there's nobody who liked anything she ever had to say, so hating her makes sense, but BB is pretty decent.
Bryan definitely improved and was tolerable, but I've been conditioned by the brilliance of Anderson with LoveLine. Adam and Anderson had this Yin/Yang/Love/Hate thing that I adored so very much. Bald Bryan compared to Anderson is another agreeable Yes man. But hey, Bryan's still okay at drops, so fine with me.

Malachi Constant posted:

an un-censored Adam
Ohhh just the very thought of it is so exciting.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BeastOfExmoor posted:

As a constant podcaster since early last year I'm very sad about the Carolla show going away, although I am slightly happy I may not have to hear another rant about Kellogs or Octomom.

Looks like someone added a ton of old stuff to the Podcast because iTunes just tried downloading a ton of old stuff going back 2006.

On top of iTunes being a piece of poo poo, this pisses me off.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Phone posted:

On top of iTunes being a piece of poo poo, this pisses me off.

They are "accidently" giving you the opportunity to download everything you missed in the past before everything gets shut down today. It's a service for the fans.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
No, iTunes deciding to automatically download 3 years worth of show. Yeah its awesome, except when its flagged as all of this old content as new.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Phone posted:

No, iTunes deciding to automatically download 3 years worth of show. Yeah its awesome, except when its flagged as all of this old content as new.

I know, klsx is responsible though:

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=11589

Post 11 is the podcast dude.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Could someone finally get all the Deaf Frat Guy files?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Jubs posted:

Could someone finally get all the Deaf Frat Guy files?

I'm sure someone would if anyone liked Deaf Frat Guy at all. Luckily, that's not the case and nobody will ever go to that effort over such an annoying, ham-fisted attempt at comedy.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Alexandr posted:

Alexandr posted:

I'm sure someone would if anyone liked Deaf Frat Guy at all. Luckily, that's not the case and nobody will ever go to that effort over such an annoying, ham-fisted attempt at comedy.

You live in an odd world of absolutes where everyone agrees with you.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Deaf Frat Guy too, but enough people liked him that Adam was considering a Deaf Frat Guy movie (ugh). Also, Teresa is awesome and I'm really going to miss her on the podcast.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nemo posted:

Also, Teresa is awesome and I'm really going to miss her on the podcast.

"You're gay for saying that"

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looks like someone yanked the old shows from the podcast. I tried to update, but to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

UltraRed posted:

Looks like someone yanked the old shows from the podcast. I tried to update, but to no avail.

• Locked thread