Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

Leonard Leroy posted:

Ooh boy, lots of posts... update?

Oh... no.

Faked out. Just like me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

hog wizard posted:

Faked out. Just like me. :(

Ditto. With so many posts I thought I'd missed at least two updates.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Uh there is a new chapter (301) if that's what you mean, or at least there were a shitload of spoiler pics last I checked.

Also news that there's another "indefinite" break with no word on next chapter coming out again.

insaine
Aug 29, 2006
New chapter is up at EG's site: http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v34c301.rar.torrent?info_hash=b7669196e96469f3f740867eaabefd3349dd637c

Remo
Oct 10, 2007

I wish this would go on forever
loving awesome.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Wow apostle cavalry. Looks like we will finally see what the hell they can do to the emperor whenever Miura decides to grace us once more.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Hey, story is starting to happen. Not just splash panels of people preparing to tell a story.

:toot:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Awwww, it's so heart-warming! Too bad it's going to end horribly :(

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Andrigaar posted:

Hey, story is starting to happen. Not just splash panels of people preparing to tell a story.

:toot:
impossible

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
Medieval times were pretty sexist by today's standards, so if you're going to tell a huge story set in a medieval land, women aren't going to have that great a time. Add to that the fact that your medieval lands are swarming with horrible rapemonsters and I don't see it being a picnic for the ladyfolk.

That said, everyone gets hosed up real good in this series. If anything, it's misanthropic rather than misogynist. Whenever I liked a character even slightly, I'd pray to god they wouldn't get splattered all over next issue.

Luca was an amazing character, I thought. Her lot in life may have sucked, but she did the best she could with her limited means and even tried to improve other people's lives. At that point in the story, that was just a kindness simply unheard of, especially in the world of Berserk.

Oh, and it sucks there's gonna be a break again. Visit some hookers, Miura!

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone needs to tally up each full page of Griffith and see if it is higher than Guts' kill count.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
another break... really kentaro, really??

Hopefully he takes another break somewhere between May 18-28, 2009.

edited

lyricaldanichan fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 17, 2008

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

lyricaldanichan posted:

I guess this is the reason for another break... really kentaro, really??

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/11/kentaro-miura-quits-berserk-to-play-idol-master/

This was mentioned just a page before.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

lyricaldanichan posted:

I guess this is the reason for another break... really kentaro, really??

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/11/kentaro-miura-quits-berserk-to-play-idol-master/

E:F;B by a whole week

There, fixed it for you.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Zorak posted:

This was mentioned just a page before.

Doh! so much for keeping up with the updates.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I've missed out on the last ten or so releases (hard drive crash and stupid Navy things) and reading a bunch in a row is loving awesome. However, it makes the next break even harder to bear.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Live Action Berserk

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Kind of cheesy with decent special effects. I don't like the sword cam though.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I liked it except for the sword cam and the horrendous writing near the end.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
the special effects were pretty decent I thought (neat bleeding brand effect). The camera work was was a little iffy (I agree the sword cam was pretty awful). Pretty good for fan made stuff.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

GoldenNugget posted:

the special effects were pretty decent I thought (neat bleeding brand effect). The camera work was was a little iffy (I agree the sword cam was pretty awful). Pretty good for fan made stuff.

Yea, it seemed more like a demo reel for an amateur SFX group.

Only major complaints are the odd SFX timings and how the actor swung the sword as if his arms were weak and stubby. Maybe the prop couldn't handle being tossed about.

Lavastine
Jul 16, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

Yea, it seemed more like a demo reel for an amateur SFX group.

Only major complaints are the odd SFX timings and how the actor swung the sword as if his arms were weak and stubby. Maybe the prop couldn't handle being tossed about.

I'm pretty sure its because the guy is weak, he needs to put on like 80 lbs of muscle before he can play guts.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lavastine posted:

I'm pretty sure its because the guy is weak, he needs to put on like 80 lbs of muscle before he can play guts.

Most prop swords don't actually weigh as much as the Dragon Slayer. It looked like it was reinforced aluminum or something similar, and chances are he didn't know how to swing with it to minimize air resistance from its wide surface area.

But, yeah, the actor was fairly skinny for a Guts.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I thought the costume was pretty decent though, the knees maybe not so much but the rest was good.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The special effects were horrible :(

But for an amateur group it's a pretty cool effort I guess.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Is this manga over yet?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
New chapter? :buddy:

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Is this manga over yet?

D:

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

Is this manga over yet?

It will never end... :(

Why do you hurt me even though I love you so much, berserk!? :cry:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Just imagine a bunch of 2 page spreads of Griffith and you have your chapter :3:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Is this manga over yet?

Maybe in 2025. I'm not even remotely joking either. I can't see it being finished before then at current pacing and that's no exaggeration. Miura will probably get slower as he goes into his 50's too (he's 43 or so now), assuming he doesn't just quit altogether.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Mr. Deathy posted:

Maybe in 2025. I'm not even remotely joking either. I can't see it being finished before then at current pacing and that's no exaggeration. Miura will probably get slower as he goes into his 50's too (he's 43 or so now), assuming he doesn't just quit altogether.

I dont care how expensive a ticket to Japan will be, but if he does quit I'm flying there and holding him at gun point until he slaps together a bunch of two page spreads of Griffith doing an interpretive dance to tell the end of the story.

You can Toxx clause me on this if you want. I haven't been reading this for, gently caress, 4 years now (yeah at least I didn't start when it first came out, yeesh), to have Miura go all Shaman King on me.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
One of these days a chapter's going to end with a sudden spread of a meteor smashing into the planet with "THE END" in the corner and you're all going to be sorry.

the background is griffith

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

OG17 posted:

One of these days a chapter's going to end with a sudden spread of a meteor smashing into the planet with "THE END" in the corner and you're all going to be sorry.

the background is griffith

This is how all manga and anime should end. Like Bleach, randomly, just as the plot actually moves at a good pace, bam!, planet dead, story over.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

This is how all manga and anime should end. Like Bleach, randomly, just as the plot actually moves at a good pace, bam!, planet dead, story over.

How is this a big departure from Toyko blowing up and everyone gathering together to rebuild from the ashes?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
As the world ends Griffith sees Guts materialize before him to give him a big hug, but wait.. Griffith spontaneously turns into Tang!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
The ending will be like so:
Super half demon, half angel-Sayan, half robot Gut's from the future past, who is now the Skull Knight from the start, will swing his Laser Dragon slayer at the Uber demon Griffith who has just fused with the original Skull Knight only for it to split open and a custard pie fall out. Everyone laughs as they turn back to their normal forms, have a big ol' pie fight and become bestest buddies again. :3:

Also Caska gets raped again.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Retard Robocop posted:

As the world ends Griffith sees Guts materialize before him to give him a big hug, but wait.. Griffith spontaneously turns into Tang!

Wait what? At the rate this is going, I can almost see this happening. Holy. . .:psypop:

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ending of Berserk is supposed to be a happy one .. but considering that's coming from Miura, the meaning of "happy" is a little dubious. I don't trust him at all :colbert:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cowboy posted:

You can Toxx clause me on this if you want. I haven't been reading this for, gently caress, 4 years now (yeah at least I didn't start when it first came out, yeesh), to have Miura go all Shaman King on me.

What happened to Shaman King? I only watched the show and missed the last episode because the local Fox network felt like airing a country western special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Schubalts posted:

What happened to Shaman King? I only watched the show and missed the last episode because the local Fox network felt like airing a country western special.

As I recall hearing, the manga was canceled, leading to him freezing the ending abruptly in the middle of arc or something. And then later was given a chance for a sequel series, so the original series doesn't have an ending.