Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

elwood posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Since when were did they have Adam Carolla ringtones???
http://adam.freefm.com/pages/914559.php

Found during a google image search just now.

I downloaded them all, and I highly recommend "Joel McHale Ring Ring Eff You"
Better hurry before the whole site gets pulled.

life of lemons
Sep 7, 2005

I steal stuff all the time.
What's the name of that song played at the start of the podcast segment called "Jack Silver" on the last show?

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

life of lemons posted:

What's the name of that song played at the start of the podcast segment called "Jack Silver" on the last show?

Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

elwood posted:

2006 zero seeds :(

how do they have all those ring tones and not Dawson going "later hosen(?)"

Snakeskin
Aug 19, 2007

by Peatpot
what the hell is a v2 thread doing in gbs did an admin move this here or something?

Snakeskin
Aug 19, 2007

by Peatpot
v2 b1tch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snakeskin
Aug 19, 2007

by Peatpot

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Snakeskin posted:

Can this guy be probated?

Current status:

-Drew's radio show was cancelled. He's only on the current "Loveline". Is Stryker still as crappy as what I've listened to?

-Adam Says he'll have a new podcast at https://www.adamcarolla.com . I can't wait to hear it.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Any chance Adam will go back to Loveline and murder Stryker so he never comes back?

The Arsteia
Nov 17, 2008

Snakeskin posted:

lol

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
I'm pretty sure I found this link earlier in the thread but people seem to be having trouble finding older episodes so here's pretty much all of 06-08

http://tacs.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/Content/

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

The Arsteia posted:

lol

No.

Snakeskin posted:

v2 b1tch

THAT'S your 'lol'-worthy response.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Malachi Constant posted:

Current status:

-Drew's radio show was cancelled. He's only on the current "Loveline". Is Stryker still as crappy as what I've listened to?

-Adam Says he'll have a new podcast at https://www.adamcarolla.com . I can't wait to hear it.

until the switch, Adam's new podcast site is currently living at http://carollaradio.com/
:neckbeard:

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Scudworth posted:

until the switch, Adam's new podcast site is currently living at http://carollaradio.com/
:neckbeard:

Okay, adamcarolla.com doesn't redirect there, so whatever.

edit: okay, now it does.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 21, 2009

The Arsteia
Nov 17, 2008

Alexandr posted:

No.

no thanks

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Ribsauce posted:

2006 zero seeds :(

how do they have all those ring tones and not Dawson going "later hosen(?)"

There are seeds (5 seeds, 91 peers), it just doesn't show on the mininova page.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Adam is on The Sports Guy Simmons' podcast doing what he does best.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

f key
Dec 13, 2004

Alexandr posted:

No.

Aha-HA! Well met good sir. That Poster deserved to have his POsting priveliges revoked. Good call admins. On the topic of loveline: I love it. I love to hear about huge dongs and whether or not they will fit in my high school girlfriends tiny shaven pussy whats all red with shaving bumps. Hope you enjoyed this post. If not, please give me some helpful critique

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
If the first few podcasts are just Adam by himself, then it's going to get off to a shaky start. He needs someone to talk to (or at). I remember one episode of Loveline where he was by himself, and he had trouble doing any comedy. Anderson had to start jumping in to give Adam places to start.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Adam on his own isn't that good (probably why he hates his stand-up days), but give him someone to play off of and he turns golden. That's probably part of why his sidekicks never bother me, except Bonaduce since he steamrolled all over Adam.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Adam saying he's going to bring in Drew as a guest host excites me more than cake.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Adam saying he's going to bring in Drew as a guest host excites me more than cake.

I believe you mean pie.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Cast Iron Brick posted:

I know. I think I might cry a little.

PunkAssBookJockey
Mar 25, 2007

I was listening to The Loveline episode with Shawnee Smith (January 3rd, 2001), and Drew and Adam talk about an episode they did about a year before that, where they only took female ejaculation calls. Does anyone know where I can find this episode?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Especially with Drew's daytime show cancelled... maybe they'll just get back together for this permanently. :swoon:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Especially with Drew's daytime show cancelled... maybe they'll just get back together for this permanently. :swoon:

Mom and dad are getting married again?!? :dance:

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Abortion is yummy. posted:

I was listening to The Loveline episode with Shawnee Smith (January 3rd, 2001), and Drew and Adam talk about an episode they did about a year before that, where they only took female ejaculation calls. Does anyone know where I can find this episode?
Creepiest request in the thread.

PunkAssBookJockey
Mar 25, 2007

The Pantheon posted:

Creepiest request in the thread.

Well, there was the subject of the show, and some sort of joke where Adam insists that callers name world war 2 planes. It seemed pretty funny sounding to me.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Speaking of part of that, I love it when Adam calls listeners out on basic history or common knowledge. I'm midway through 2002 at the moment and he's asking callers "Veal and Venison".

What meat is veal and what meat is venison. I'm AMAZED at some of the answers. Amazed. One answer: "saltwater fish."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The best veal or venison: http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/Witches%20And%20Venice.mp3

(my hosting)

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Grand Fromage posted:

The best veal or venison: http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/Witches%20And%20Venice.mp3
(my hosting)
Before I even looked at the link I knew it was going to be "VENICE IS IN ITALY?" because I loving died laughing when I heard this.

Hands down one of the best moments in the show along with Loreen the holocaust phone actress.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't think that really matters since Adam has said he plans to record the podcast in the evening.

MajorMajor
Nov 11, 2005

Some people say you are Henry Fonda.
Well, that didn't take long. From Variety:

Variety.com posted:

Adam Carolla didn't spend much time in the unemployment line.

A day after his Los Angeles-based morning radio show was canceled -- as part of a format change at KLSX-FM, where the syndicated "The Adam Corolla Show" was based -- CBS picked up a comedy pilot starring the actor/comedian.

"Ace in the Hole" stars Carolla as a husband and father who works as a driving instructor. Carolla created and wrote the pilot with Kevin Hench ("Jimmy Kimmel Live").

CBS Paramount Network TV is behind the show, along with BermanBraun and Jackhole Prods.

Carolla and Hench also collaborated on "The Hammer," the 2007 feature film that starred Carolla as an amateur boxer. Hench also worked on "The Man Show," which Carolla co-hosted with Jimmy Kimmel.

Carolla's other credits include the Comedy Central skein "Too Late with Adam Carolla," TLC's "The Adam Carolla Project," Comedy Central's "Crank Yankers" and a stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

Carolla and Hench will exec produce "Ace in the Hole" with Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun. ABC late night gabber Kimmel and Daniel Kellison, who both run Jackhole with Carolla, will also exec produce; James Dixon is also an EP. (Pilot reunites Braun and Kimmel; Braun was instrumental in putting Kimmel into late night back when he ran ABC Entertainment.)

Project also keeps Carolla on the CBS payroll. CBS Radio owns KLSX; before his morning gig, Carolla spent several years as co-host of the call-in show "Loveline," which is based at CBS' KROQ-FM.

To be honest, that sounds pretty lovely and formulaic, but if it gets picked up I'm sure I won't miss an episode.

e: Wait, does "picked up a pilot" mean that they picked up the show for broadcast based on the pilot, or they decided to fund a pilot based on a treatment? I don't remember him mentioning filming a pilot for CBS, but he doesn't talk much about his other projects (except when he goes on and on for hours about "The Hammer").

MajorMajor fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 22, 2009

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007

MajorMajor posted:

To be honest, that sounds pretty lovely and formulaic, but if it gets picked up I'm sure I won't miss an episode.

I find it really surprising that he would agree to do that show. I can recall Adam going on fairly long rants about how much he hates sitcoms (especially the old/fat guy married to hot chick formula)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Well, he came up with the idea. If CBS tries to turn it into the same old crap I doubt he'll do it, but if he thinks he can do something with the format that plays to his strengths, then he will.

sweeptheleg
Nov 26, 2007

Bender posted:

If the first few podcasts are just Adam by himself, then it's going to get off to a shaky start. He needs someone to talk to (or at). I remember one episode of Loveline where he was by himself, and he had trouble doing any comedy. Anderson had to start jumping in to give Adam places to start.

My thoughts too. Hes can be an extremely funny and insightful guy, but without some balance around him he kinda gets wrapped up in things. I really dug the terressa brian adam dynamic =(

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I don't have high hopes for that sitcom, because quite frankly Adam sucks on everything that requirs memorizing lines and especially TV. It always just sounds forced and not natural.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

elwood posted:

I don't have high hopes for that sitcom, because quite frankly Adam sucks on everything that requirs memorizing lines and especially TV. It always just sounds forced and not natural.

It pains me to say it, but I agree, I don't give a poo poo about any TV or Movie work he does. Hell, I'm not even a fan of The Man Show. I said "Aceman, you're better than this" when it first aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

elwood posted:

Did you see The Hammer? I don't see how you could say this if you have. He's great in it.

• Locked thread