Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

TortillaFactory posted:

Did you see The Hammer? I don't see how you could say this if you have. He's great in it.

Yes, I saw that, but it still sounded forced to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

elwood posted:

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but I don't think he's a bad actor when he's in his element.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Love the Ace Man, but agreed with his acting abilities. He's so much better 'off the cuff', I still haven't been able to finish The Hammer.

Schlongbow
Jul 14, 2004

The pHo posted:

Love the Ace Man, but agreed with his acting abilities. He's so much better 'off the cuff', I still haven't been able to finish The Hammer.

I think a better move for CBS would be to have him on the bench as Andy Rooney's eventual replacement on 60 minutes. That said, my Tivo will be set up for Ace's sitcom whenever it is ready.

Eb
May 6, 2003

Schlongbow posted:

I think a better move for CBS would be to have him on the bench as Andy Rooney's eventual replacement on 60 minutes.
They may have to change the name of the show to "120 minutes" in that case...

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

elwood posted:

He has a weird inflection or something, because it comes through in real life as well. It's a weird thing, but I thought he was fantastic in The Hammer, and I have hope for this show.

But still please do Loveline again oh god

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
Adam Carolla has mentioned that he's still under contract for another ten months with the radio station. If he takes another radio gig, that contract ends. So definitely no loveline for the next ten months.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
And that's why his Podcast is not going to be for profit. Besides, CBS is still paying him for that time.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can anyone listening to the Adam/Drew archives episodes list some episodes they've been listening to with particularly messed up/serious problems? I've recently started listening to the older shows and love it, but as much as I love the comedy, the episodes with real serious problems can be a bit more interesting at times. 2004-06-16 is particularly interesting to listen to, since it features D.A.G and also deals with a caller who's best friend killed herself because she wouldn't date her. It's been a hilarious episode with a very interesting call to boot.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.

TortillaFactory posted:

Did you see The Hammer? I don't see how you could say this if you have. He's great in it.

I thought The Hammer loving sucked.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
Adam's first podcast is up.

http://carollaradio.com/podcasts/

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Ace in my ears :) Weird to hear him say gently caress and stuff.

Xiphias
Aug 8, 2007
This is great. No more listening to random episodes!

Also, should Digg it: http://digg.com/celebrity/Adam_Carolla_moves_from_radio_to_podcast

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I love to hear him ripping on Dr. Bruce again

spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•
GREAT first podcast!

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

GobiasIndustries posted:

Can anyone listening to the Adam/Drew archives episodes list some episodes they've been listening to with particularly messed up/serious problems? I've recently started listening to the older shows and love it, but as much as I love the comedy, the episodes with real serious problems can be a bit more interesting at times. 2004-06-16 is particularly interesting to listen to, since it features D.A.G and also deals with a caller who's best friend killed herself because she wouldn't date her. It's been a hilarious episode with a very interesting call to boot.

2004-04-19 starts out with such a zinger that it makes the group "The Darkness" leave the the show.

2001-12-10 has Robert Downey Jr. and they talk about some pretty serious stuff, including one call where Adam doesn't even have any good advice, the girl's life is so screwed up.

Also, loved the first podcast.

Iceman
Aug 23, 2003

The first podcast episode was awesome. I hope he somehow figures out how to make this work long term.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Yep. Podcast was amazing. Loved his insight into the dickholes J. Silver and Bonaduce.

A lot of the time when he was talking about radio / podcasting / what he wants this show to be I was just nodding my head vigorously. Can't wait for more, and bring back Drew.

Holy poo poo imagine if Drew swore on the podcast. IT WOULD BE LIKE HEARING MY OLD TEACHERS CUSS.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Dr. Drew's going to be on tomorrow's podcast.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Holland Oats posted:

Dr. Drew's going to be on tomorrow's podcast.
:allears: Sweet. How'd you find out?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I mentioned it in the other thread but I think this could be huge for Adam if he gets a few people on board who know how to publicize his show on the net and bring in revenue through non-traditional means.

It's an uphill battle but I have always been curious who would be the first "net" personality to do some sort of tv/radio syndication deal based on the success of their web show instead of the other way around. With his popularity with the web demographic and loyal following I think he has a real shot. Although unfortunately I know he will probably take some other deal long before this can get a foothold.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

The Pantheon posted:

:allears: Sweet. How'd you find out?

It was posted at the Adam Carolla Message board. http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=11813

Cioffi is Mike Cioffi, former production assistant for the ACS and now helping Adam with his podcast.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
My two criticisms:

1) Fix your levels. Although to be honest, I've listened to LoveLine tapes that sounded like a 1950s Gramophone so.. I'm not REALLY bothered by this.

2) I want moar. 37 minutes was so bittersweet. I just want more more more. At least an hour, I'm sure with Drew there they could stretch it out to an hour.

Oh god I'm so excited about that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I saw the podcast on his blog this morning, but it looks like it's not on iTunes yet. I was hoping to pull it down to my iPhone, but I have to wait until I get home to sync it :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The calm rant he did on his last day of broadcast about Ranchero music was great.

If you're stupid, we have top 40. If you're Mexican, we have Spanish radio. If you're Mexican, and you're stupid, there's Ranchero music.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Jeez if you're going to call it a podcast at least have a feed with the actual mp3's in it instead of just text, if I can't aggregate it with my other content then what's the point?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Konar posted:

Jeez if you're going to call it a podcast at least have a feed with the actual mp3's in it instead of just text, if I can't aggregate it with my other content then what's the point?

Give him time, he is feeling his way through it. He says flat out he doesn't know what he's doing, and is figuring it out as time goes. It was his very first episode, pretty much done immediately after the end of his show. I don't think he exactly had some time to put it together.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.

jyrka posted:

Ace in my ears :) Weird to hear him say gently caress and stuff.

This is really weird for me too. It will be even weirder when Dr. Drew comes on.

spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•
Dr. Drew on the podcast tomorrow - http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=11813&st=0

Great day!!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

spl00zer posted:

Dr. Drew on the podcast tomorrow - http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=11813&st=0

Great day!!!

You must have done really good on your 5th grade reading test!!!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Docta Drew in da hizzay.

Arrrrchimedes
Oct 16, 2008

by Ozma
This is like the best thing to ever happen.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Arrrrchimedes posted:

This is like the best thing to ever happen.

Haha, it's pretty fuckin' close, isn't it? We went from Teresa Strasser stepping all over Adam for an effective 2.75 hours a day with censorship and all that bullshit that restrains Adam from talking about what he wants to (the last show even had a chunk missing officially because he talked about how they knew poo poo was going down for a long time, and he said something that could've theoretically been used to divine WHAT OTHER RADIO STATION IS GOING UNDER THAT THE loving EMPLOYEES COULD USE TO DETERMINE THAT THEIR JOBS ARE GOING TO BE GONE SOON. Yeah, they're censoring a segment of the show so that other people won't catch wind that they're going to be fired soon. Nice.)... To THIS. How much better could things get? Also Adam's getting paid for not doing any work.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
I love Adam Carolla. I'm sad his show was cancelled but who knows, maybe these podcast will be even better. And it's nice hearing him swear.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
I love how he thinks doing a podcast is on the bleeding edge of technology.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Saerdna posted:

I love how he thinks doing a podcast is on the bleeding edge of technology.

Just wait in 3 weeks when he figured out RSS feeds.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't think it's really a podcast unless it can be automatically managed from iTunes. :colbert:

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
First day of the Podcast was ok, but I'm having withdrawls from the lack of the full show. Adam has been on the air for almost 15 years at this point and he really needs someone to feed him. I have no doubt that I will end up appreciating the structure (guests, great co-hosts imho, good segments) of TACS more than the podcast. I get really depressed every time I think about one of the many great guests I looked forward to hearing again.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

It's an uphill battle but I have always been curious who would be the first "net" personality to do some sort of tv/radio syndication deal based on the success of their web show instead of the other way around. With his popularity with the web demographic and loyal following I think he has a real shot. Although unfortunately I know he will probably take some other deal long before this can get a foothold.

Kinda like Tom Green did in recent years?
(Re: Tom Green started filming his own freeform talkshow from his livingroom, going as long or short as he felt like and doing whatever he wanted to do, having whatever guest/friend would stop by. Broadcast on the internet only. Takes calls by Skype. Doesn't have to bend to censors or program directors. Edited down version of the show was picked up + airs nightly on The Comedy Network)

It would be amazing if Adam could get a setup like this going in the near future. He would be unstoppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Scudworth posted:

Kinda like Tom Green did in recent years?
(Re: Tom Green started filming his own freeform talkshow from his livingroom, going as long or short as he felt like and doing whatever he wanted to do, having whatever guest/friend would stop by. Broadcast on the internet only. Takes calls by Skype. Doesn't have to bend to censors or program directors. Edited down version of the show was picked up + airs nightly on The Comedy Network)

It would be amazing if Adam could get a setup like this going in the near future. He would be unstoppable.

Tom is looking for talent for his online network. trying to find other actors that want to do shows from his house. Think Harland Williams, Neal Hamburger. But Adam has been on that show, and I'm sure Tom would say ok in a heartbeat if Adam wanted a show there. Though I don't know if people would really want adam in picture and not just in sound.

• Locked thread