Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
His podcast is better than I expected. I was worried he would be too "on" and artificial, but he sounds pretty good and some of his commentary on the radio show was interesting. We'll see what happens.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Konar posted:

Jeez if you're going to call it a podcast at least have a feed with the actual mp3's in it instead of just text, if I can't aggregate it with my other content then what's the point?

Cioffi posted a link on the Carolla forums to the iTunes importable podcast version, it's http://cioffi.cachefly.net/acp.xml .

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Whoop, new podcast with Drew is up. It's 39 minutes.

Over 200,000 downloads of the first podcast.

Arrrrchimedes
Oct 16, 2008

by Ozma
oh my god, this dr. drew one is awesome.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
RSS itunes feed works, downloading now!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Arrrrchimedes posted:

oh my god, this dr. drew one is awesome.

I love him talking about hypothetically beating Lynette.

Arrrrchimedes
Oct 16, 2008

by Ozma
drew punched the mike, its just like old times.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Daryl DBD posted:

I love him talking about hypothetically beating Lynette.

And Drew swearing, wonderful.

edit: Wow, once Adam got Drew swearing he really went with it.

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
I really want him to have Dr. Bruce on, i love listening to Bruce and Adam argue or talk about cars and stuff.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The end of the podcast is loving hilarious, it's so unfair they left it at that point. They need to do 18 hours.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Is the Aceman lisping or is it because of the low audio quality? I can only hear Mort Goldman from Family Guy now. :(

edit: It is indeed good times but I am left confused.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
This is Adam Carolla for Dr. Drew saying "mahalo".

God I missed hearing that.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Sounds like he has a retainer in or something.

But oh my god, this is fantastic.

flatFat
Apr 30, 2006

k

Squiggle posted:

Sounds like he has a retainer in or something.

But oh my god, this is fantastic.

WHAT IS THAT? Oh my god, if this weren't wonderful then that lisp would be annoying me to no end.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Listening to it now, just got to where Drew punches the mic. Feels like home.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Drew mentioned a recent loveline show with Rainn Wilson from the office, I know I'll regret listening to it because of Stryker, but does anyone know where I can find this?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Scudworth posted:

Kinda like Tom Green did in recent years?
(Re: Tom Green started filming his own freeform talkshow from his livingroom, going as long or short as he felt like and doing whatever he wanted to do, having whatever guest/friend would stop by. Broadcast on the internet only. Takes calls by Skype. Doesn't have to bend to censors or program directors. Edited down version of the show was picked up + airs nightly on The Comedy Network)

It would be amazing if Adam could get a setup like this going in the near future. He would be unstoppable.

Exactly unlike Tom Green is the way I was thinking. I liked the first "homecast" because he is holding true to what he knows; just doing radio without forethought, saying the stuff about bonadouchbag he couldn't before and trucking on...

On the downside, he is holding true to what he knows: Meaning he is loyal to some "hump" who knows nothing about the internet as far as marketing and web page design and asking "the internet people" to tell him how to form his show.

I think most of us like ACE and Drew because they don't do "bits". That's the antitheses to what Tom Green does. Not that Tom Green isn't hilarious in his own right.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Exactly unlike Tom Green is the way I was thinking. I liked the first "homecast" because he is holding true to what he knows; just doing radio without forethought, saying the stuff about bonadouchbag he couldn't before and trucking on...

I think most of us like ACE and Drew because they don't do "bits". That's the antitheses to what Tom Green does. Not that Tom Green isn't hilarious in his own right.
Exactly. In LoveLine, the thing that sold me on Adam & Drew was that I found this nugget of extremely intelligent, insightful and hilarious talk between a duo with such great chemistry hidden amongst airwaves filled with over-produced shlock and fifteen minute segments with CURRENT MUSIC BEING PLAYED UNDER THE ON-AIR TALENT AT ALL TIMES IN CASE SOMEONE GETS BORED WITH JUST HEARING PEOPLE SPEAK.

I hate that about most radio shows, but LoveLine's content and seemingly now TACP, are like the adult jokes in a Toy Story movie. Stuff you smiled at whilst they went over the masses of kids' heads.

Adam's nails it in his first podcast when he says: "I'd rather have 10 smart people.. than a billion retards listening to me."

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Evil Vin posted:

Cioffi posted a link on the Carolla forums to the iTunes importable podcast version, it's http://cioffi.cachefly.net/acp.xml .

<retard> How do I open this in iTunes? The "subscribe" button on the page doesn't work if I select iTunes as the application, it just opens iTunes and nothing happens. </retard>

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Yeah, so these podcasts on his website are really funny. The 2nd one has Dr. Drew on it, it's awesome.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

TortillaFactory posted:

<retard> How do I open this in iTunes? The "subscribe" button on the page doesn't work if I select iTunes as the application, it just opens iTunes and nothing happens. </retard>

If the subscribe button does not work, open itunes --->advanced--->subscribe to podcast and paste the url (http://cioffi.cachefly.net/acp.xml).

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

elwood posted:

If the subscribe button does not work, open itunes --->advanced--->subscribe to podcast and paste the url (http://cioffi.cachefly.net/acp.xml).

I swear I looked at the advanced menu but I didn't see that before. Thanks!

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
:siren::siren::siren: Dr Drew diagnosed Adam with Aspergers :siren::siren::siren:

(eleven minutes in the second podcast. loving hysterical episode, btw)

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

flatFat posted:

WHAT IS THAT? Oh my god, if this weren't wonderful then that lisp would be annoying me to no end.

Teeth whitening tray mixed with booze, I'd imagine.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Bryan and Teresa will be on tonight's podcast. Last night's with Drew was way better than the first show. I really hope the momentum keeps building.

He needs to get mics for Donny and Lynette too though if they're going to be shouting things from across the room. I can't wait until he works out all the bugs.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Malachi Constant posted:

And Drew swearing, wonderful.

edit: Wow, once Adam got Drew swearing he really went with it.

I heard Dr. Drew say "gently caress." At least three times. :eek:

TheKub
May 11, 2006

whatsabattle posted:

Is the Aceman lisping or is it because of the low audio quality? I can only hear Mort Goldman from Family Guy now. :(

edit: It is indeed good times but I am left confused.

I assumed the lisp was generated by copious amounts of wine.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
All it needed was andersons drops and it would be exactly like old times.

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Why couldn't Adam just create a monthly free for unlimited access to his podcasts? I sort of wonder what cash-flow he could generate with a nominal fee. I'm not suggesting he's going to be making equivalent to what he was before, but it seems like a fairly simple way to turn this into a profitable experience.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

TheKub posted:

I assumed the lisp was generated by copious amounts of wine.

That's what it sounded like to me too, especially that part when he's making fun on Bonaduce about 30 seconds in. "I'll kick your aaath"

spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•

HumanCropcircle posted:

Why couldn't Adam just create a monthly free for unlimited access to his podcasts? I sort of wonder what cash-flow he could generate with a nominal fee. I'm not suggesting he's going to be making equivalent to what he was before, but it seems like a fairly simple way to turn this into a profitable experience.

Maybe down the road but certainly not while he's still starting out on this podcast thing. He said he'll try to get some equipment in there and basically build a studio so if and when he does that, expect a trivial fee.

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd

XK posted:

Listening to it now, just got to where Drew punches the mic. Feels like home.

When he punched the mike I burst out laughing... I honestly couldn't believe he did it. I'd pay for this

He's needs to take out his drat retainer or teeth whitening tray... Or whatever is in his mouth.

Drew cursing is great :v:

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

spl00zer posted:

Maybe down the road but certainly not while he's still starting out on this podcast thing. He said he'll try to get some equipment in there and basically build a studio so if and when he does that, expect a trivial fee.

Yeah - It makes sense that he doesn't immediately begin with a fee. Although, as popular as this seems (considering its only in its first few day with very little exposure and hes reaching 200k downloads) I would expect him to transition into something like that. I'd love to see him able to continue this. Adam in his element is really untouchable and I would be more than willing to toss him $10 a month, without question.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Nemo posted:

He needs to get mics for Donny and Lynette too though if they're going to be shouting things from across the room. I can't wait until he works out all the bugs.

You kidding? That's part of the charm so far, I love that sort of stuff.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Alexandr posted:

Couldn't disagree more. Listening in my car I can't hear anything they're saying. It's infuriating.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

UltraRed posted:

Couldn't disagree more. Listening in my car I can't hear anything they're saying. It's infuriating.

Well, yeah, that'll suck kinda.

Loving the first 2 minutes already. Adam says 'gently caress you' to his dad and calls his mom a oval office. Nice.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Adam lasted one whole day of not railing against his parents.

To everybody saying that he should start off charging and whatnot; let the drat show build. Yes, 200k is an impressive number, but I figure that it'll be at least a good 6 months until brilliant ideas to monetize will come to surface. Personally being a poor college student, I'm not too keen on a subscription based service, and the practicality of it will be rampant with piracy.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Wasn't it his Grandmother?

Drew says "While we're here too what about your Grandmother?"

"Ah that old oval office"

Oh and Drew said that he was talking to Rainn Wilson on Twitter, I think Rainn has been on Loveline before though.

I don't mind paying for it so long as I don't have to acquire itunes just to get it.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Alexandr posted:

There's a transparency you get from guys like Carolla, Letterman, Conan O'Brien, and Howard Stern that I find very appealing.

Some "personalities" seem scared to death you'll find out that, oh my loving god, this is a tv/radio show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DrVenkman posted:

I don't mind paying for it so long as I don't have to acquire itunes just to get it.

First off, retarded "I'll pay for it", secondly, RSS Feeds my brother. :science:

• Locked thread