Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Phone posted:

To everybody saying that he should start off charging and whatnot; let the drat show build. Yes, 200k is an impressive number, but I figure that it'll be at least a good 6 months until brilliant ideas to monetize will come to surface. Personally being a poor college student, I'm not too keen on a subscription based service, and the practicality of it will be rampant with piracy.

I don't think a single person suggested he 'begin' by charging? It was more discussion in general that he could, eventually, once the show builds, begin to charge a fee to continue this long term.

As far as piracy is concerned... sure, one could go that route, but I'll treat Carolla like I treat Beck: they both deserve my money for the entertainment they provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Finally listened to both podcasts this morning. I enjoyed both of them, first one started off slow but Adam gained some speed. The Dr. Drew one was weird since it was weird to hear them speak about recent stuff, since I haven't heard anything new from them in ages. And it's nice to hear new things from Adam since we didn't get him on the east coast.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ChaosMonkey posted:

There's a transparency you get from guys like Carolla, Letterman, Conan O'Brien, and Howard Stern that I find very appealing.

Some "personalities" seem scared to death you'll find out that, oh my loving god, this is a tv/radio show!

Do you really feel that way about Letterman? The guy tells very very little about his private life.

Bust_Action
Dec 17, 2003
Revolving Phonebooth
What's the deal with Adam's lisp in the podcast with Dr. Drew?

adisca
May 6, 2003

Young Turks

Bust_Action posted:

What's the deal with Adam's lisp in the podcast with Dr. Drew?
Well he's obviously been drinking. He repeatedly mixes up Danny with Dr. Drew. Other than that, I don't know. A lot of people have mentioned it on adamcarolla.com, but honestly I still can't hear it.

e: though being drunk only makes people speak with a lisp in cartoons, right?

adisca fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 25, 2009

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

UltraRed posted:

Do you really feel that way about Letterman? The guy tells very very little about his private life.

Not necessarily a transparency about their lives, but a transparency as far as being on a tv or radio show, such as Letterman rolling his eyes at a stupid bit or Stern yelling at Scott the Engineer for loving up the microphones.

mfaley
Jul 30, 2005
Most rape is bad
Haha, Adam's lisp is completely ridiculous.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Latest podcast is up with Teresa and Bryan. Adam's having a party at his house with the whole ACS crew.

The Teresa obsessives will have plenty to whine about here. She discusses her hemorrhoids! (this leads to a great Adam rant about his carbuncle.). She talks about being pregnant and not wanting to drink even a sip of wine!

Please rant about her. I'm never tired of that.

It's a great show, Adam rants and T & B contribute well. Lots of laughing in the background of the party. Still some technical difficulties, but Adam takes the massive following he's got to heart.

I have no doubt that the next few shows and the next few weeks will show a great improvement in the quality of the recording and a better focus for the podcast.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
They should've nixed the phone interference issue long before Adam mentioned it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thew Aceman needs to come up with more crap to talk about. He said they were going to try for 45minute casts, but they're getting closer to 30 minutes. I need something to at least get me through my drive one way.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Could anyone repost the podcast with Dr. Drew on it? It won't let me download it from the site.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

UltraRed posted:

Thew Aceman needs to come up with more crap to talk about. He said they were going to try for 45minute casts, but they're getting closer to 30 minutes. I need something to at least get me through my drive one way.

Exact same problem here. My eyes lit up like a christmas tree when he was talking about 45 minutes, because that's how long it takes me to get to work.

I listen to it on the way in, and replay it on the way back. More jello, please!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm really starting to enjoy the luxury of waking up, booting up iTunes and grabbing 40 mins of uncensored Adam Carolla & Chums.

I've never really listened to his radio show (I'm in the UK so I have to download the eps and I haven't gotten around to it) but if Theresa is anything like she is on todays podcast....I don't understand the hate really.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Well today's horrible podcast was way too long already, but hopefully with Dave and the sports guy on tomorrow it will be a lot longer.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

Can anybody post/host the Dr. Drew podcast? Cant download it from the site. Cioffi needs to start posting torrents for these shows. I questioned how the hell they were going to pay for the hosting.

Eb
May 6, 2003

FloydianOne posted:

Can anybody post/host the Dr. Drew podcast? Cant download it from the site. Cioffi needs to start posting torrents for these shows. I questioned how the hell they were going to pay for the hosting.
Here you go.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Aventine posted:

if Theresa is anything like she is on todays podcast....I don't understand the hate really.
The whole podcast today was pretty low on comedy, so she blended right in. Maybe she'll be better with Jack Silver gone. We'll see.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

Eb posted:

Here you go.

Thanks man. Now I will also host for those in need.

LINK

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

FloydianOne posted:

Thanks man. Now I will also host for those in need.

LINK

Do you have day one as well?

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

Eunabomber posted:

Do you have day one as well?

No sorry unfortunately I didnt save it.

drat it looks like Cioffi is using Cachefly, and I am hoping he has the Premium account option which is (1.2 TB transfer/month for $299/month)

If what Adam said is correct 200,000 downloads at 17 MB each.. easily went over that. I know Adam makes a poo poo ton of money but I cant see him shelling out for the excess bandwidth costs he will be having to pay for.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
They are all on itunes:

http://cioffi.cachefly.net/acp.xml

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=306390087

p.s. seems like they took the first two down, I'll up the first in a few minutes

Pickpocket
Dec 16, 2005
This new podcast is great.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
first show:

http://www.savefile.com/files/2016689

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!
http://www.thefilmvault.net/acp/

I'll be trying to upload them every day and keep it up to date. Unlimited bandwidth too, so go wild.

Also, check out http://www.thefilmvault.net
I've just created it to host all episodes I can track down. The film vault is a film review program hosted by engineer Anderson, and bald bryan. There is a podcast of it up, and Anderson is going to upload new episodes directly to the site, so good times! It's really worth checking out.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rushmore posted:

http://www.thefilmvault.net/acp/

I'll be trying to upload them every day and keep it up to date. Unlimited bandwidth too, so go wild.

Also, check out http://www.thefilmvault.net
I've just created it to host all episodes I can track down. The film vault is a film review program hosted by engineer Anderson, and bald bryan. There is a podcast of it up, and Anderson is going to upload new episodes directly to the site, so good times! It's really worth checking out.

Uh yeah, this is WW1, we're going to sue your rear end, so like gently caress off and stuff. :rolleye:

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Phone posted:

Uh yeah, this is WW1, we're going to sue your rear end, so like gently caress off and stuff. :rolleye:

Haha, again? One C&D should be enough :)

This is in conjunction with Anderson, so I think i'm in the clear :)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Notes about today's podcast:

- Everybody sounds lispy. I think they don't have any pop covers or something.
- Holy gently caress on the Jack Silver bit. I didn't know what the gently caress to make of it when it aired.
- Dear "I don't get why people hate on Teresa!!!" folks, Let's have a paraphrase/quote, "I'm not a smoker, except 2 or 3 a day since I was 14" THIS MEANS YOU'RE A SMOKER, RETARD

It wasn't as funny as yesterday's with Dr. Drew, but this thing is going places.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Hot drat, the Adam Carolla Podcast is #1 on iTunes.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, in today's cast they sounded totally pumped that they managed to hit the top in only 2 shows. I think that will help push the production value and general quality of the show pretty fast and at least get some attention in the radio industry. No one is going to take it super seriously until there is money to be made (though I'm sure he will have people knocking on his door to sponsor), but the fact that the show is an instant success shows that people still want to listen and it's true that a podcast really is the best method for a talk show.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.

Phone posted:

It wasn't as funny as yesterday's with Dr. Drew, but this thing is going places.

This is why for me Loveline is far better than the Adam Carolla show. I know Adam himself admits that he is funnier with people rather than by him (which is probably why his late night show never worked out), but I personally think that Dr. Drew is the perfect partner for him to bounce stuff off. Having a "straight man" type of character just makes his comedy that much funnier.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Holland Oats posted:

Hot drat, the Adam Carolla Podcast is #1 on iTunes.

Hahaha, Jesus Christ.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The way that the iTunes ranking work is how many NEW subscribers, so 200k+ is easily going to shoot it up to #1. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll stay up there.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

MrDoDo posted:

Having a "straight man" type of character just makes his comedy that much funnier.

Having Teresa there to talk about hemorrhoids spun into Adam with his legs up on a mirror and flashlight up his butt, and I don't think anyone can argue that that poo poo ain't funny.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
http://cioffi.cachefly.net/2009.02.26ACP.mp3

It hasn't been posted yet...so get it while it's hot.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Jubs posted:

Awww, SHIET!

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Jubs posted:

Amazing

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Jubs posted:

Cool, thanks!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
What the

Did Ace double up on a day? He appears to have done so.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Alexandr posted:

What the

Did Ace double up on a day? He appears to have done so.

Nah. This is the fourth one. Today is Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatFat
Apr 30, 2006

k
Listening to the fourth podcast now, and man is it awesome to hear him be able to make fun of Bonaduce so candidly at such length.

• Locked thread