Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeithammer
Dec 6, 2007

Kammat posted:

Operation Cleaner 2

Have this one at home, love to play it normally for awhile to build up a bankroll, then lay maximum RDX charges everywhere.

BOOOOOOOOOOM :neckbeard:

Hurrah! My demolition worries have been solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I'm trying to remember an old Star Trek game. Basically you wandered around the ship trying to solve a mystery (the exact nature of which I don't remember). I do remember that you type in complete sentences and the game had a pretty robust dialogue tree. I'm not sure if this is enough information, but someone has to remember this game.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

HinderedUseless posted:

I'm trying to remember an old Star Trek game. Basically you wandered around the ship trying to solve a mystery (the exact nature of which I don't remember). I do remember that you type in complete sentences and the game had a pretty robust dialogue tree. I'm not sure if this is enough information, but someone has to remember this game.

I honestly don't mean to offend you, but perhaps you're thinking of Space Quest?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Grawl posted:

I honestly don't mean to offend you, but perhaps you're thinking of Space Quest?

You're not going to offend me. And looking at screenshots of Space Quest, that's not it. I'm 99% sure its Star Trek. I remember speaking to Wharf on the bridge. I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy, but looking at lists of Star Trek games hasn't helped me. I think from its from the early 90s. Set in the Next Generation universe, though I'm not sure if it takes place on the Enterprise or not. I wish I could remember more details, this is eating me up.

VVVVVV: You're not thinking of Marathon are you? http://mac.ign.com/objects/009/009050.html

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 28, 2009

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

My memory of this is just so faint because I was so young, but it was an fps possibly with lasers, possibly set on the moon, released mid-early 90s, Doom time I guess. Worth a shot.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

My memory of this is just so faint because I was so young, but it was an fps possibly with lasers, possibly set on the moon, released mid-early 90s, Doom time I guess. Worth a shot.

Blake Stone or Rise of the Triad?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

By any chance was it... Rebel Moon Rising? Google that name, especially image search. It's ultra-obscure, and I'm surprised even I remember it, given that I only played a demo of it for about five minutes, many, many years ago.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Chex Quest is all of those things, and even runs on the Doom engine!

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Actually I found it, and it wasn't any of those. But by searching for rise of the triad I somehow stumbled upon Star Wars: Dark Forces! from 1995.

Badass!

Thanks for the help.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
PC game, I THINK it was a point-and-click adventure game.
Maybe with mini games.

I think you played as an Olympic ring.
It had to do with the Olympics anyway.
It's driving me crazy.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

SereneCrimson posted:

PC game, I THINK it was a point-and-click adventure game.
Maybe with mini games.

I think you played as an Olympic ring.
It had to do with the Olympics anyway.
It's driving me crazy.

One of the games with that bizarre rear end mascot for the 96 Olympics maybe? Izzy or Dizzy or some poo poo?

joooohn
May 9, 2006
na.ma.shi.bi.re.na.ma.me.ma.i
I don't think this is worthy of a new thread so I may as well ask here:

There was a game on the PS1 that was not entirely dissimilar to Pokemon, you kinda hunted and trained these animals then bred them together to make new combinations. I only played a demo of it, and this was few years ago now, but I'd love to try and pick it up now. Any idea what I'm talking about? It wasn't a digimon game...

EDIT: Or any Monster Rancer iteration, as far as I'm aware (though those games were great!)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

joooohn posted:

I don't think this is worthy of a new thread so I may as well ask here:

There was a game on the PS1 that was not entirely dissimilar to Pokemon, you kinda hunted and trained these animals then bred them together to make new combinations. I only played a demo of it, and this was few years ago now, but I'd love to try and pick it up now. Any idea what I'm talking about? It wasn't a digimon game...

EDIT: Or any Monster Rancer iteration, as far as I'm aware (though those games were great!)

Could it be Jade Cocoon?

joooohn
May 9, 2006
na.ma.shi.bi.re.na.ma.me.ma.i
Yep, just got a reply in the other thread I posted it in too :D

Cheers!

roushimsx
Dec 1, 2002

shen posted:

2.) I just remembered another game, it was a sidescrolling beat'em up for the SNES for 1-2 players where you were both robots and could pick different parts to have in your robot. I remember not having the pneumatic legs or whatever that let me jump far, and this causing my death when there was a chasm we had to jump over. It is possible the game was for NES but I am pretty sure I played it on the Super.

Late as hell, but The Ninja Warriors.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
Sorry if there's another thread for this, I looked and couldn't find it.

I'm trying to remember a scrolling fighter game from the late 80s / early 90s and I'm pretty sure it was both a coin-op and Genesis game. It was in the style of Streets of Rage or Final Fight and it had a level that took place on a blimp or a flying ship of some kind (I think the last level?)

Thanks!

edit: Also, it's not this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh9BM3Sv7sk

Whistling Asshole fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 17, 2009

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

I'm trying to remember a game where you had to destroy another persons base as one of a Helicopter, Tank or a Jeep which all had different stats. It was from a topdown view and on the PC, I wish I could remember more.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

A Certain Ratio posted:

I'm trying to remember a scrolling fighter game from the late 80s / early 90s and I'm pretty sure it was both a coin-op and Genesis game. It was in the style of Streets of Rage or Final Fight and it had a level that took place on a blimp or a flying ship of some kind (I think the last level?)

Thanks!

Was it Strider?

pud
Jul 9, 2001

A Certain Ratio posted:

Thanks!

Undercover Cops ended in a blimp or jet or something, it might be that.

stevej88na
Mar 25, 2007
strength and honor

wildfire1 posted:

I'm trying to remember a game where you had to destroy another persons base as one of a Helicopter, Tank or a Jeep which all had different stats. It was from a topdown view and on the PC, I wish I could remember more.

Return Fire! I had it on 3DO.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

McCheese posted:

Was it Strider?

pud posted:

Undercover Cops ended in a blimp or jet or something, it might be that.

Not either of these...oh well. I'll just let it torment me until I come across it again. I'm thinking now though that it was most likely on Genesis...

RedBox
Mar 16, 2009
When I was 7 or 8 years old (1992-1993) I was over a friend's house and played a really fun console game. I can't remember what system it was on, but it wasn't Nintendo. Might have been an uncommon system like neogeo or 3DO.

It was really Japanese, colorful, good happy music. You're in the clouds flying around and there's like colorful balls or birds or robots or some poo poo.

What game is this?

Hyperbolic
Jun 9, 2003

I first posted this in the Ask/Tell thread small questions thread and it was pointed out to me that there already is a thread here for my specific question. I hope one of you can help because this has been driving me crazy.

quote:

I'm trying to remember the name of a free/independant multiplayer game that was posted on these forums a few years back and that a lot of people played. I've searched google for over an hour now and it's like this game never existed.

Hopefully someone else remembers this:
It was a top down space shooter.

There were three different races/ships to pick from. I think the green ship had a spread weapon and the blue one had missiles that you could roughly send in a controlled arc by timing the release while side scrolling. There was a pink/purple ship, but I don't really remember what its primary weapon was, except that it possibly sparkled.

There was plasma constantly forming between the two ships that acted as a barrier for weapons, and would break apart when shot. You could suck it into your ship to upgrade your weapons.

You would be constantly paired up with another player and go 1v1.

e; Also, for some reason I keep thinking the name of the game was 'Harmonics', or some variation thereof.

Hyperbolic fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 17, 2009

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I've been wondering about this game for almost as long as I can remember.

The game was a sidescrolling 2d platformer, it was very much alike Commander Keen but I think it predated it.

I played it in the early nintees, but I think it was way older than that.

All I remember is that you could enter doors that led to (the next level?), that it had green algee things that could kill you growing out from the walls, and that it had jetpacks which you could pickup and they had limited fuel so you couldn't use them for very long periods of time.

I don't know if you had some sort of weapon other than that, but I am fairly sure it did.

Sorry for the rather unspecific description, if you can figure this out I'll have a big load of my mind.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I just remembered one of my favorite games from yeeeeears ago that I'd love to play again now.

I'm sorry, I remember next to nothing about it, but here goes:

It's about offroad racing, and it was from the fairly early days of 3D being really popular. I remember one of the big things from it is that the cars are deformable, that if you wreck hard enough or [what I used to love to do] drop your car off a cliff, you could tweak the suspension / break off wheels / etc and the cars would drive around all retarded.

One of the cars, my favorite, looked exactly like the Bandito from San Andreas:

Heeeeeelp!

e. AHAHAHA 5 goddamn seconds in Gamefaqs and I find it: 1nsane!

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 17, 2009

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I asked this in the last thread and wasnt able to solve the mystery.

I played the demo of this game on a PC Gamer demo CD in the mid-90s.

I swear the name was something like 'Dark Something' I always thought it was Dark Sun, but I dont think it is.

Graphically it was similar to later Kings Quest games, really nicely detailed sprites. I dont remember much about music or sound though. You controlled your character(who was a prince maybe?) with the numberpad/arrow keys, and you would have switch between 'Search/Interact' and 'Combat' modes with a key. Different key combos would yield different attacks. It took place in a fantasy/desert setting too.

I cant for the life of me figure out what this is called. Ive always wanted to play the full game though. Maybe it never became anything more than a demo?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

RedBox posted:

When I was 7 or 8 years old (1992-1993) I was over a friend's house and played a really fun console game. I can't remember what system it was on, but it wasn't Nintendo. Might have been an uncommon system like neogeo or 3DO.

It was really Japanese, colorful, good happy music. You're in the clouds flying around and there's like colorful balls or birds or robots or some poo poo.

What game is this?

Shot in the dark — Keio Flying Squadron for Sega CD?

Seriously, though, there's a good chance I know what this is but I likely won't be able to help you unless you remember at least what genre it was.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 17, 2009

MasterOSkillio
Aug 27, 2003
I have one, I played a WWII turn based strategy game sometime between 96-98. It was a PC game, where you moved various troops artillery, armor around a 2d map. I remember you could be just about any country, Germans attacking Russia, American, ect. I can’t for the life of me remember the name, anyone have any idea?

stevej88na
Mar 25, 2007
strength and honor

MasterOSkillio posted:

I have one, I played a WWII turn based strategy game sometime between 96-98. It was a PC game, where you moved various troops artillery, armor around a 2d map. I remember you could be just about any country, Germans attacking Russia, American, ect. I can’t for the life of me remember the name, anyone have any idea?

Was it played on hexagons -- and called Steel Panthers? Great games! SSI also made a bunch of other WWII games, like Panzer Commander.

stevej88na
Mar 25, 2007
strength and honor

Secret Ooze posted:

... mid-90s ... something like 'Dark Something' ... similar to later Kings Quest games ...

This sounds vaguely like Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness, which was awesome except for a bug that kept me from making it further than castle Borgov. The days before downloadable patches!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

There was a first person shooter for the PS2 or Xbox where you hardly ever had a gun, and when you picked one up from a dead guy it would have only like five or six bullets in it that you had to conserve. I know it's really vague but it's been driving my friend and I crazy trying to think of what it was called.

Hyperbolic
Jun 9, 2003

Fredrik1 posted:

The game was a sidescrolling 2d platformer, it was very much alike Commander Keen but I think it predated it.

I played it in the early nintees, but I think it was way older than that.

All I remember is that you could enter doors that led to (the next level?), that it had green algee things that could kill you growing out from the walls, and that it had jetpacks which you could pickup and they had limited fuel so you couldn't use them for very long periods of time.

Was it maybe Secret Agent?

e; or Bio Menace

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Hyperbolic posted:

Was it maybe Secret Agent?

e; or Bio Menace

Thanks but nope on both accounts.

It wasn't "that" much like keen, from what I remembered the art style was very different and very dark.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 17, 2009

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Tokelau All Star posted:

There was a first person shooter for the PS2 or Xbox where you hardly ever had a gun, and when you picked one up from a dead guy it would have only like five or six bullets in it that you had to conserve. I know it's really vague but it's been driving my friend and I crazy trying to think of what it was called.

Could have possibly been Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. but you don't get a gun until a few hours in.

Remember any other tiny details?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mug posted:

Could have possibly been Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. but you don't get a gun until a few hours in.

Remember any other tiny details?

This could also possibly be Breakdown on the XBox or Project Eden on the PS2.

MasterOSkillio: Is it Global Domination?

Solvalou
Aug 31, 2001

RedBox posted:

What game is this?

Could it be Cloud Master (Chuka Taisen) on the Sega Master System or TurboGrafx-16?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4WsofBF67o

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What was the name of that game on computer where you were some sort of polygonal tank and you shot green bullets at other polygonal tanks? They had a couple of different tanks you could choose to be but they all looked the same and only differed in speed, armor, something else...

stevej88na
Mar 25, 2007
strength and honor

Darth Windu posted:

What was the name of that game on computer where you were some sort of polygonal tank and you shot green bullets at other polygonal tanks? They had a couple of different tanks you could choose to be but they all looked the same and only differed in speed, armor, something else...

Battlezone? I never played that, but I did play Stellar 7 and Nova 9.

ElNato
Dec 11, 2005

The wind blows for Manos del Sino! Thanks for the avatar mang!

Strontosaurus posted:

N64 3D fighting game with some very interesting characters. There was, like, a dwarf with a mech made out of barrels and some huge skeleton dude. I want to say that the game started with "R".

Not quite. It was Mace: The Dark Years.

Think I still have my copy too. The scottish dwarf in a mech was awesome, but Polo the chicken was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I played this one when I was pretty young, so I admit I may not remember it all too clearly, but one time I rented an NES game that was primarily an indoor platformer (like that dragon-slaying labyrinth game where you pick a member of some sorta family in a treehouse, including their pink pet monster that monsters wouldn't attack), but when you came to a boss fight you'd start flying and it'd become kinduva side-scrolling shooter.

Wish I could think of better details than this, but as far as I can remember it was entirely indoors, most of the ground/walls/ceilings were tan, and the bosses were generally shades of grey. I remember one of them being an angel (and another a death's head angel) and it being a real son of a bitch. Any ideas?