Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Phone posted:

SH/SC equivalent of those weight loss threads in W&W.

Except that the date is going backwards.

Prelude Gundam is showing us his workspace before his life went to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Withnail posted:

TCC poster spotted

Ignorance is fun

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

acefire posted:

it needs cleaned

I knew it would say Pittsburgh when I clicked on your profile.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

ColdPie posted:

Ignorance is fun

Insulin is some hard poo poo, son.

acefire
Jan 22, 2009

Refuckulatin the carbonators.

Erwin posted:

I knew it would say Pittsburgh when I clicked on your profile.

:(

Its that obvious?

TraceTheory
Jun 14, 2008

by angerbotSD

pick me a color to repaint my wall

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

There are 6 computers in this room, two desktops and 4 laptops. This was when I was in a temporary living situation and my roommate was a slob who would use my room as a trashcan.

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.

(lovely camcorder picture)

This desk is so horribly made that the wire holes for connecting the top to the bottom are offset by an inch. I need to use a hook to get the wires through.

My keyboard is a 10 year old IBM KB9910 that I got in a lot of 10 from eBay from $10.

Lediur fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 21, 2009

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Withnail posted:

TCC poster spotted

Diabetic?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Mr Chips posted:

Diabetic?

The guy is obviously diabetic. I just took it as a joke to say he was hooked on the junk.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

ErIog posted:

The guy is obviously diabetic. I just took it as a joke to say he was hooked on the junk.

You expected nerds on the Internet to get the joke and not take you 100% seriously. hahahahahaha

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

TraceTheory posted:

pick me a color to repaint my wall

L33t cases with OEM CRT monitors from the 90s always crack me up.

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

EvilCrayon posted:

There are 6 computers in this room, two desktops and 4 laptops. This was when I was in a temporary living situation and my roommate was a slob who would use my room as a trashcan.

Codesquatter

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Mikey-San posted:

You expected nerds on the Internet to get the joke and not take you 100% seriously. hahahahahaha

I didn't make the joke.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

I just got a new house and didn't have a desktop for a while. But I did have a huge rear end kitchen table. So I wound up moving my PC from the floor to the table and liked it so much that I bought another table when it came time. Got it for about $75 from the scratch and dent section of Target. I can put a pizza and a case of beer on my desk and still be able to mouse about freely.

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 22, 2009

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.

TraceTheory posted:

Hello CRT monitor buddy. :hfive:

Ceros_X posted:

That monitor wouldn't happen to be this on Newegg would it? Been hearing good things about it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

PhilMcRevis
Jun 1, 2006
I've seen the black desk a few pages back. Was it just me or was the edge of the keyboard tray really freaking sharp? when I used it I had to have a tshirt wrapped around the entire thing.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Also, what do people do about cable management? Mine seem to be snaking around all over the place.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

PhilMcRevis posted:

Also, what do people do about cable management? Mine seem to be snaking around all over the place.

Not that I ever do it because I'm a lazy oval office, those spiral cable things that hold everything together are good at keeping everything tidy, also, never underestimate the humble cable tie, it's the perfect invention (cable ties are definitely something I use a lot of)

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I've got my little cocoon happening now.

Unsure if I should put my case on the floor or just that I would like a desk thats 30cm longer.

Bed directly behind there.

sysdude
Apr 22, 2008

by angerbotSD

Fists Up posted:

I've got my little cocoon happening now.

Unsure if I should put my case on the floor or just that I would like a desk thats 30cm longer.

Bed directly behind there.

that's a dangerous place to put those nice headphones :-) you can buy stands (and in fact, i think the 595s might have came with one?)

ZaInT
Jul 21, 2004

I don't eat meat because it tastes good, I do it because I hate animals

sysdude posted:

that's a dangerous place to put those nice headphones :-) you can buy stands (and in fact, i think the 595s might have came with one?)

I think those are 555s and they don't come with a stand.

outofnowhere05
Oct 14, 2004

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

PhilMcRevis posted:

I've seen the black desk a few pages back. Was it just me or was the edge of the keyboard tray really freaking sharp? when I used it I had to have a tshirt wrapped around the entire thing.

Desk buddy! I think we have the same chair, too. Good old Walmart? I haven't had a problem with the tray being sharp..just too small. I barely have room for my keyboard and mousepad..and the keyboard isn't even that big. I got a G11 for Christmas and I can forget about using it comfortably.

PhilMcRevis
Jun 1, 2006

outofnowhere05 posted:

Desk buddy! I think we have the same chair, too. Good old Walmart? I haven't had a problem with the tray being sharp..just too small. I barely have room for my keyboard and mousepad..and the keyboard isn't even that big. I got a G11 for Christmas and I can forget about using it comfortably.

The chair came from a guy on craigslist who got it at walmart :colbert:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Perhaps one of the more "odd" combinations for a dual monitor setup:

Click here for the full 1440x1080 image.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

So what are headphone stands for? I have some 555s that I usually just set down on my desk, and they haven't exploded into thousands of pieces or anything yet.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Xaalouse posted:

That monitor wouldn't happen to be this on Newegg would it? Been hearing good things about it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

Nope, it's actually the 24" version http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236048

I like it a lot, except for the fact that the webcam doesn't work and the price dropped about $50 after I bought it. It's a great monitor, though.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Mr_Person posted:

So what are headphone stands for? I have some 555s that I usually just set down on my desk, and they haven't exploded into thousands of pieces or anything yet.
First off, hopefully nobody is buying "headphone stands", since banana stands do the same thing for a lot cheaper.

This is actually cool, somebody used some Ikea parts that were not meant to be a stand:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032285568&postcount=2653

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

They have banana stands? That seems awfully pointless. Its not like my bananas get crushed from their own weight....AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BANANA

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

Mr_Person posted:

The 555 are <$100 headphones. Just wait till you get some HD600s or other >$300 cans.

Crush
Jan 18, 2004
jot bought me this account, I now have to suck him off.

Fists Up posted:

They have banana stands? That seems awfully pointless. Its not like my bananas get crushed from their own weight....AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BANANA

Slows them from going brown from sitting on the counter.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

qlat posted:

The 555 are <$100 headphones. Just wait till you get some HD600s or other >$300 cans.

And how do you store your wooden knobs and cable elevators?

I kid I kid!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

qlat posted:

Cheap headphones or not, I'm still not clear on why they should be on a stand when not in use. Like, is there a particular reason headphones should be stored standing up, or is it just because it looks nice? It seems like a lot of wasted space to me.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mr_Person posted:

Cheap headphones or not, I'm still not clear on why they should be on a stand when not in use. Like, is there a particular reason headphones should be stored standing up, or is it just because it looks nice? It seems like a lot of wasted space to me.

I'm pretty sure people just do it because it looks nice. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do about mine since I can't stand how messy they look just lying on my desk and it's too much of a pain to toss them in the closet or a drawer when I'm not using them. Same benefit as cable organization, I guess, it just creates a neater workspace.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Also in relation to why this discussion started?

Is there a problem with me hooking my headphones over the corner of the bookcase?

They pretty much rest on the same spot as if i had them on a big hook. Except they might fall...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Fists Up posted:

Also in relation to why this discussion started?

Is there a problem with me hooking my headphones over the corner of the bookcase?

They pretty much rest on the same spot as if i had them on a big hook. Except they might fall...

I think that's the concern. That they'll fall if the bass gets too loud or if Goofus runs into it while he's looking for some plastic wrap to use as a condom or any number of things that might cause your shelf to shake.

Nerf Herder
Sep 2, 2006

Scruffy-Looking

a week ago I lived "like poo poo" and now I don't.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

mrchina posted:

Another lovely camera phone pic.

Sup cherry desk buddy.

I'm thinking it's time to retire my ancient Hercules Game Theater XP there, it's easily the oldest part of my frankenputer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Golbez fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 28, 2009

qlat
Aug 12, 2003

Golbez posted:

Sup cherry desk buddy.

I'm thinking it's time to retire my ancient Hercules Game Theater XP there, it's easily the oldest part of my frankenputer.
Haha, I was just going to say, is that a GTXP? That is so old school. I can remember wanting one so bad...

Now I'm laptop only :c00lbert:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

qlat posted:

Haha, I was just going to say, is that a GTXP? That is so old school. I can remember wanting one so bad...

Now I'm laptop only :c00lbert:
gently caress that the GTXP is still awesome. Even if I don't use it anymore I don't think I'll get rid of the card + breakout box because it was a really awesome soundcard. If only Creative hadn't bought Aureal, because then it would've been one of the best cards on the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fists Up posted:

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND