Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Saw a whole mess of bands at a Barracuda Sound showcase last night. Laserhead, Grabass Charlestons, Towers of Hanoi, Ninja Gun, and Averkiou. I missed Trailer of Tears, who were evidently playing their first show.

I had never heard of Ninja Gun before but they were loving fantastic. I just got into Towers of Hanoi and was excited to see them live but they weren't that great.

Also for being a punk show in Gainesville full of Gainesville bands, the crowd was sort of weak.

Edit because lack of enthusiasm is not the same as Sunday through Saturday.

Paper Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Wah Balls
Apr 14, 2004

Cathab posted:

Were you at the Brisbane show? Yeah, it was loving excellent.

Any new tunes from Supporting Caste? Playing Bristol in April and I'm loving stoked; Jord was pretty loving amazing live on the Potemkin tour.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Anyone know of anything good coming to Portland/Seattle in the next few weeks?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

gerfatty posted:

Woo! Good news from the pop-punk front for once.

Teenage Bottlerocket loving rules and they deserve all the attention and money they can get. And as much as I dislike Fat Mike, he treats the bands on his label really well, and I respect him for it.

Sorry to barf up this quote from a few pages ago, but why do you dislike Fat Mike?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

CombineThresher posted:

Sorry to barf up this quote from a few pages ago, but why do you dislike Fat Mike?

Every personal story that I've heard about him just paints him as someone who is super disrespectful of people that aren't his friends or on his label or whatever. One that sticks out in my mind was when he got into it with the dudes from Underoath (who I don't like either, but still) for being Christian and was just generally being a dick. I could be completely wrong about him, but something about him just rubs me wrong.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

gerfatty posted:

Every personal story that I've heard about him just paints him as someone who is super disrespectful of people that aren't his friends or on his label or whatever. One that sticks out in my mind was when he got into it with the dudes from Underoath (who I don't like either, but still) for being Christian and was just generally being a dick. I could be completely wrong about him, but something about him just rubs me wrong.

I can see that, but I always saw him as a typical flaky Californian who doesn't take anything seriously and left it at that. Really, the fact that he's good to people on his label wins him some points, especially since that can't be said of many other labels.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Fat Mike is basically a twat but The Decline negates all of his suck. In other news, I just ordered the vinyl of Chris Wollard's solo album. gently caress I love that guy so much. Like, ridiculous amounts.

Paper Triangle posted:

I had never heard of Ninja Gun before but they were loving fantastic. I just got into Towers of Hanoi and was excited to see them live but they weren't that great.
Ninja Gun is loving brilliant. I can't wait for more from them.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Ben Wah Balls posted:

Any new tunes from Supporting Caste? Playing Bristol in April and I'm loving stoked; Jord was pretty loving amazing live on the Potemkin tour.

Yeah a few songs, it was pretty great. They ended up getting some guy from the crowd up to sing gently caress The Border, and I swear to god it was better than the original.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I haven't heard much from Crude(Japan) but I just saw that they're coming to Philly and since Japanese punk usually rules I wanna check em out. Any recomendations?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I haven't heard much from Crude(Japan) but I just saw that they're coming to Philly and since Japanese punk usually rules I wanna check em out. Any recomendations?

Their album "Attitude" is loving amazing. I listen to it all the drat time. HIGHLY recommended.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

gerfatty posted:

I heard that the Underoath story was bogus, I think the Underoath guys said it was bullshit and they actually were able to having a normal conversation about their different beliefs.

Anyway, I watch that show with NOFX sometimes where they toured the world and although I haven't listened to them since I was a kid, they still seem like cool dudes.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Wizard Mannequin posted:

They were really funny at Chaos in Tejas last summer. And they were also awesome. I have what i think is their self titled lp. it got crunched in my trunk on the way back from texas to az :(

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Parachute Underwear posted:

I heard that the Underoath story was bogus, I think the Underoath guys said it was bullshit and they actually were able to having a normal conversation about their different beliefs.

Anyway, I watch that show with NOFX sometimes where they toured the world and although I haven't listened to them since I was a kid, they still seem like cool dudes.

Like I said, it's quite possible that I'm completely wrong about him, but I've always gotten really weird vibes from the guy. If it's true that story is bogus, then I'm still not completely crazy about the guy outside of what he does at Fat Wreck.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

The Underoath story isn't bullshit, there was a show on FUSE about the Warped Tour one year and Fat Mike was being a rather big dick to them. Eventually Underoath pretty much said "Look Mike just leave us alone if you're going to be an rear end in a top hat about everything" and he started to act more respectful.

Although, there may be a specific story you're referring to that isn't true. He does seem like an alright guy overall though, just very goony about some stuff.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
things i've learned: bands with the word "homo" in the name are awesome (homostupids especially)

iskra loving rules everyone listen to iskra.

also crude is coming to philly? tell them to bring Judgement with them.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
you guys are talking about fat mike on the internet

Iskra's great, I saw them twice in the midwest and I think they're playing here soon. Murder City Devils reunion was sweet, Spencer Moody still messes up all their songs but it's ok, everyone in the crowd is shouting lyrics out of order and out of time and it's a huge mess of rock and roll awesomeness. I woke up in someone elses arms but I was dreamin' I was dreamin' of youuuuuu.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Your Weird Uncle posted:

things i've learned: bands with the word "homo" in the name are awesome (homostupids especially)

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=1008014

Crude, Unit 21, Stations

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
A post lamenting the breakup of The Steinways:

Have you guys heard the two songs in their Art of the Underground 7"? Black Lung and Headache-Girlfriend=Zero?

I think they're two of my favorites.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Ah sorry about the late replies to the last page, but yeah, they didn't end up playing the AS220 show due to the singer breaking edge. That's what my friends told me and they are in bands in the local hardcore scene, and more than one of them confirmed it. Seems reasonable.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Scaught posted:

Ah sorry about the late replies to the last page, but yeah, they didn't end up playing the AS220 show due to the singer breaking edge. That's what my friends told me and they are in bands in the local hardcore scene, and more than one of them confirmed it. Seems reasonable.

Ok, I feel quite a bit better about not going down then.

Godammit, I wanted to see them live though.

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah

Paper Triangle posted:

A post lamenting the breakup of The Steinways:

Have you guys heard the two songs in their Art of the Underground 7"? Black Lung and Headache-Girlfriend=Zero?

I think they're two of my favorites.

Definitely 2 of my favorite Steinways songs. I'm glad I got to see them twice before they broke up.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pretty gutted I never got to see verse live ever :(

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah
I thought Verse was in the middle of a tour?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
very first meat puppets 7inch is one of the most creative and overlooked singles in punk, and i don't care how you feel about that statement.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Your Weird Uncle posted:

On this note, there's a sweet Polish band in the vein of Antischism called Homomilitia. You should check em out.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Firmeza 10 LP is a top 10 contender for the year already. Piss raw d-beat punk with no bass, a PISSED female skinhead on vocals, and a dude who was straight up arrested and held on suspicion of terrorism charges on drums, so you know he means it. Why Why Why But Why must all these amazing Spanish bands press so little copies of their records though?

luckdragon
Dec 5, 2008

Cystic posted:

I thought Verse was in the middle of a tour?

Cancelled halfway AFAIK

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Just to let you dudes know, some guys from Perth Express, Trainwreck, and some other German bands started a new, female fronted hardcore band called Glasses.

Check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/glasseshc

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

luckdragon posted:

Cancelled halfway AFAIK

they were touring with new found glory, shai hulud played instead of verse.

Profane Methane
Jul 26, 2008
I'm sad Verse broke up but I'm also happy I got to see them a Boys of Summer before they broke up.
Verse and Against were the only two bands I went for as I hate both Carpathian and Comeback Kid.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

The new Bomb the Music Industry is available for download from their website. I haven't given it a really good listen, but there seems to be a lot of keys on it and it sounded good upon the initial listen.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

kirkjames posted:

Just to let you dudes know, some guys from Perth Express, Trainwreck, and some other German bands started a new, female fronted hardcore band called Glasses.

Check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/glasseshc

Is this the same Trainwreck that did the split with Comadre? That's all I've got from them if it is I liked'em.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

punxnbutter posted:

Is this the same Trainwreck that did the split with Comadre? That's all I've got from them if it is I liked'em.

Unless there's two Trainwrecks from Germany, I do believe they're the same band. Haven't listened to that band yet though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think we almost killed Steve Snere at the TAAS show tonight.

Pictures from said show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/specialcircumstances/

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Whats this I hear about the new xbrainiax LP? When is it going to be ready and poo poo?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Whats this I hear about the new xbrainiax LP? When is it going to be ready and poo poo?

Hopefully it will be out by our west coast tour staring in mid June. I just finished the guitar tracks a few hours ago actually, heh.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Hopefully it will be out by our west coast tour staring in mid June. I just finished the guitar tracks a few hours ago actually, heh.

Awesome. This news seriously made my day. I cant loving wait.

RaoulDuke
May 6, 2007

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.

WashinMyGoat posted:

The new Bomb the Music Industry is available for download from their website. I haven't given it a really good listen, but there seems to be a lot of keys on it and it sounded good upon the initial listen.

Yeah I recommend it to anyone who likes them, was one of their better albums I think.

Any else going to see This Bike is a Pipe Bomb tonight in Brooklyn, should be awesome.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I just got back last night from the Harvest of Hope fest in St. Augustine. Kind of couldn't see all the bands I wanted to because I sort of had to babysit someone the whole time, but did get to see Bridge & Tunnel Saturday, plus Anchor Arms on Sunday. Both sets were great, and I think Bridge & Tunnel were being filmed for the HoH DVD. If so, it should be a really great DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

New Propagandhi is loving sweet. I really really love Dear Coach's Corner :canada: