Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuddlebottom
Feb 17, 2004

Butt dance.

Shortymrbig posted:

spade
Spayed. A spade is a shovel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

bigeaux, it's showtime, chah
Pet stores sell "bath wipes" for cats.

Is there an easy way to make my own at home?

jbone fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 1, 2009

maso
Jul 6, 2004

fuck bitches get stud fees

Shortymrbig posted:

All which have been spade
What, no clubs or hearts? Diamonds?

e: CUDDLEBOTTOM :argh:

maso
Jul 6, 2004

Rated PG-34 posted:

Before I make my own thread, I just want to clear up some possible misconceptions I may have. Do Shelties and Corgis have about the same level as energy/exercise level as Shiba Inu? That's suggested by most of the dog breed selector/matrix information sites that I've browsed.

Another breed that we've considered is Samoyeds. We recently visited a breeder nearby (http://www.crisandi.com/), met with the dogs, and fell in love their temperaments. The breeder appears to be reputable, although I'm not sure about what signs to look for. They had a lot of crate-trained dogs, a backyard obstacle course, and all-in-all they seemed very knowledgeable about the breed. In any case, I believe that Samoyeds have much higher exercise requirements than Shiba Inu, and may have to be ruled out.

Edit: another breeder I've been in contact with is Rough Dimaond Samoyeds, and it seems like she employs good practices.
Go ahead and start your own thread, so you can get input from more people than those that just check this thread.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

^^^^ That's a spade. When a female animal is sterilized the verb is "to spay" which in the past tense is "spayed." Can you even spay/neuter a hamster? I thought they were so small it was very dangerous to put them under anesthesia.

Pedantry aside, I'm glad you've found a hamster and especially from a rescue. Enjoy getting bitten. :)

edit: gently caress I didn't see the next page. Oh well. SPADE YOUR loving HAMSTER

real edit: vvvv it's a very common misspelling so we get anal about it. Nothing personal :)

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 1, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Opps sorry bout that :v: Let me go fix that

Thanks for the help and also gently caress you guys.

I really never use the word spayed damnit.

Teddy bear hamsters I heard are more docile. So that would be nice considering all of my nephews and nieces who might stick there finger in the cage when I'm not looking.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 1, 2009

Umilele
Aug 12, 2007
Any of you sighthound fans have recommendations on whippet breeders? We were going to go for a bearded collie, but the more I read, the more reluctant I am about the crazy herding breed energy. The whippet temperament is perfect - cuddly, affectionate, sweet, can be couch potatoes or speed demons depending on the situation. There's a local breeder that I like (Chapleton Whippets) but I'm not dead set on getting a pup from them.

maso
Jul 6, 2004

Umilele posted:

Any of you sighthound fans have recommendations on whippet breeders? We were going to go for a bearded collie, but the more I read, the more reluctant I am about the crazy herding breed energy. The whippet temperament is perfect - cuddly, affectionate, sweet, can be couch potatoes or speed demons depending on the situation. There's a local breeder that I like (Chapleton Whippets) but I'm not dead set on getting a pup from them.
I recommend: http://www.shannondownwhippets.com/

floramarche
Oct 29, 2007
My mother will be caring for a friend's cat for an indefinite length of time. The cat is pregnant and due in 2-3 weeks. She would like to know:
1. How should she best prepare things for the cat to give birth?
2. How long should the birth take? What are some signs of trouble to look out for?
3. How much of a vet deposit should she ask for, in case the cat needs medical attention?
4. If the mother cat can't nurse, how and what should she feed the kittens?
5. Is there anything special she should do for the mother cat and kittens in their first few weeks?
6. Anything else we're forgetting to ask?
Thanks!

maso
Jul 6, 2004

floramarche posted:

Emergency spay.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

floramarche posted:

My mother will be caring for a friend's cat for an indefinite length of time. The cat is pregnant and due in 2-3 weeks. She would like to know:
2. How long should the birth take? What are some signs of trouble to look out for?
3. How much of a vet deposit should she ask for, in case the cat needs medical attention?
5. Is there anything special she should do for the mother cat and kittens in their first few weeks?
Thanks!

Emergency spay is the best and easiest way to go, do it as soon as possible though. Its not as easy as you think adopting out kittens (even for free) to good homes. Should the momma cat not be able to nurse, your mom is looking at sleep deprivation for weeks and weeks, not to mention the cost of supplies.

Cuddlebottom
Feb 17, 2004

Butt dance.

floramarche posted:

Besides "emergency spay," the answer to 1-6 is: call your local vet and ask. These are all things they can tell you with much better clarity than PI. Make sure you also get their emergency/after-hours number, in case poo poo hits the fan.

mumblingscrapwaver
Dec 13, 2007

unnecessary complication
Any tips for getting the static out of your cat?

Here is the message I got from my friend.

my friend posted:

What do you do when a cat is so full of static from sitting in front of heaters and drying out his fur, that he is going to set the house on fire next time he sits on the wicker chair? Seriously, I could use Joey to power my house, but he's one step away from getting a cape and becoming a super-villain. Does anyone know of any cat-safe static remedies? If not, we should invent one. This cannot be pleasant for the poor little guy. Yesterday I took a damp tea-towel and wiped him down and that took away the static overnight. Help!

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

mumblingscrapwaver posted:

Any tips for getting the static out of your cat?

Here is the message I got from my friend.

When Professor gets extra staticy, I wipe him down with fabric softener sheets. It seems to help, and it makes him smell purty.

I have not yet figured out a way to keep him from getting staticy in the first place.

PotetoFurai
Jul 25, 2007
Seconding fabric softener sheets.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Women's Rights? posted:

When Professor gets extra staticy, I wipe him down with fabric softener sheets. It seems to help, and it makes him smell purty.

I have not yet figured out a way to keep him from getting staticy in the first place.

I thought fabric softener was toxic?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Engineer Lenk posted:

I thought fabric softener was toxic?

I always use sheets that have already been through the dryer, so there's not much chemical residue on them. I wouldn't wipe the cat down with liquid softener or anything, but a fresh sheet isn't going to hurt them - I just play it safe with our kitty because he's old and has iffy guts.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

RazorBunny posted:

I always use sheets that have already been through the dryer, so there's not much chemical residue on them. I wouldn't wipe the cat down with liquid softener or anything, but a fresh sheet isn't going to hurt them - I just play it safe with our kitty because he's old and has iffy guts.

Yeah that's what I do - I just save them after I've used them in the dryer and give Professor a quick wipe when his fur starts attracting things to it from the cling. I used to let him play with them, but I read that chewing on dryer sheets can lead to very bad things so that doesn't fly anymore, but I figure a quick swipe with a used dryer sheet once in awhile isn't going to hurt anything.

trigger
Oct 31, 2003

Chasing rabbits on the flip side
I've found that having a humidifier going (especially during the winter months) cuts down on the kitty sparks quite a bit.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
A friend of mine wants a pit bull, and seems to kinda know what to look for (dogs involved in weight pull, I think he said the word "championed" a couple times...) but is looking at this site http://www.bluelinebloodline.com/ I've never had a pibble, but those dogs look retarded to me. And whoever wrote the text on the site is also retarded, I can't understand half of what they're trying to say. Plus their puppy page is 100% about payment and nothing about the prospective buyers.

Please tell me a good place for him to look at well bred pit bulls. And pictures of what the dog should really look like would also be appreciated. I told him that the ridiculously stocky look is all wrong, and he said that's what pit bulls are supposed to look like. And also that Staffies are the exact same thing as APBT but are the show version of them. Or something. :confused:

maso
Jul 6, 2004

drat Bananas posted:

A friend of mine wants a pit bull, and seems to kinda know what to look for (dogs involved in weight pull, I think he said the word "championed" a couple times...) but is looking at this site http://www.bluelinebloodline.com/ I've never had a pibble, but those dogs look retarded to me. And whoever wrote the text on the site is also retarded, I can't understand half of what they're trying to say. Plus their puppy page is 100% about payment and nothing about the prospective buyers.

Please tell me a good place for him to look at well bred pit bulls. And pictures of what the dog should really look like would also be appreciated. I told him that the ridiculously stocky look is all wrong, and he said that's what pit bulls are supposed to look like. And also that Staffies are the exact same thing as APBT but are the show version of them. Or something. :confused:
Super will be able to help you but that poo poo is ridiculous. :laugh:

Egad!
Feb 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

drat Bananas posted:

Maybe check petfinder.com for pits or pit mixes? There are always abandoned pits in need of a good home :)

But yeah, Superconductor is your best source of info, thats for drat sure.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

drat Bananas posted:

Yeah, your friend is a retard and everything he thinks about APBTs is wrong.

Amstaffs and APBTs are not the same breed. Amstaffs were created in the 30's as a show dog and companion, while the APBT was considered the "working version." Amstaffs had mastiffs, among other things, bred into them and are an all around softer dog temperament-wise. I won't get into physical differences because that would turn this into a pretty lengthy post; suffice it to say that at this point in time Amstaffs and APBTs are no more the same breed than Staffy Bulls and APBTs are. They're both pitbulls, but that's it.

The breeder he's looking at is not the worst crapdog breeder I've seen, but he still sucks. It's hard to point out all of the issues with his dogs since all of the pictures are poo poo and not a single one of them shows the dogs in anything close to a stack, but they are all oversized, poorly put together, and it is VERY VERY ALARMINGLY CLEAR to me that these dogs have had american bulldogs bred in at some point. I can almost see the vestiges of decent blood under there, but it's been mutted the gently caress up and those dogs are poo poo. He says "ALL PUPS BLUE, BIG HEAD AND CHEST" on his site which is pretty much the hallmark of a crappy breeder and crappy dogs. This page: http://www.apbtconformation.com/head.htm (and that site in general) is an amazing resource on what APBTs should look like, and explains very clearly that over exaggeration of ANY features (BIG HEADS N CHESTS) is never desirable and is actually a detriment to the working ability of this breed.

Have him study the above site until he gets half a clue as to what APBTs should REALLY look like. As for good breeders? You can't get much better than this: http://www.colbypitbull.com/ These are some of the original APBTs and the oldest lines in existance, they helped standardize this breed. The colbys are still around and still have pups for sale occasionally.

Other than that, rather than specific breeders, I'll list some good bloodlines to look for:

Eli
Chinaman
Jeep
Redboy
Colby (already stated)
Gaff

Lines to RUN LIKE HELL FROM:

Razor's Edge
Gotti

And anything that is blue, big headed, low to the ground, and wide chested. APBTs should be around 30-50 pounds, moderately sized, and as a general rule, 99% of good breeders don't even touch blue dogs. Blue is an amstaff color, a total gimmick, and was brought in when mastiffs were bred into Amstaffs, and then dummies crossed those Amstaffs with APBTs to get OMG RARE BLUE APBTS. None of the early APBTs were blue, and it's stigmatized to the point where blue dogs are pretty much automatically considered curs by anyone with half a clue. A blue dog CAN be a good dog, but given the people that breed blue dogs, it's just not likely.

Tell him to look for a breeder that does weightpull or hog hunting. Conformation is good too, but weightpull or hog hunting is better. Then look for a breeder whose dog's pedigrees contain the good bloodlines I mentioned above, with dogs that look similar to this:

:siren: NOT LIKE THIS :siren:

and then make sure they do the usual relevant health testing, etc.

Or he could just rescue one, there's plenty of totally great ones in shelters. :)

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 14, 2010

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
We moved last weekend, and amazingly none of the fish died and the cats took it all in stride. However, Maneki has developed a new behavior. She is picking up pieces of kibble, walking down the hallway, and dropping them. We're finding unchewed cat kibble all over the house. Is she hoarding it? Playing with it? Making some sort of statement about the new digs? The new place is all hardwood/tile, while the old place was 95% carpet, so maybe it's just fun to watch it roll all over?

I'll ask the vet tech when I pick up more food next week (or so), since making a mess with food is hardly an emergency situation, but I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
My mom has two Maine Coon's--they're brothers, and although they are technically still kittens, they are the size of a small moose.

Anyway, they recently developed a bad case of diarrhea and my mother came home from work and was delighted to find poop streaks across the floors in every room! So, I have two questions:

1) Is there anything we can do to help stop the diarrhea or at least not make it worse? We aren't sure what is causing it--my mom insists that it's a sample of food that came free inside a bag of their regular food, but the other two cats don't seem affected by it.

And

2) Maine Coons are really, really hairy. My mom's cats have poo poo all over their backsides, under their bellies, and all throughout their tails. She gave the smaller one a bath last night, and he nearly killed my step-father with his claws. I went over this evening to give the big moose a bath, and he stressed out so bad that he started to make noises that I've never heard come out of a real animal before--he sounded like Chewbacca. Is there a way we can try to calm these cats down while bathing so we can clean them up or is there a better way that anyone knows of to get them unclumped and not nasty? We tried to just cut the clumps out but there's just so much hair and it makes it nearly impossible.

Bonus pics of the baby Coons with the sweetest orange cat in the world:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

A lot of people recommend unflavored yogurt for beneficial gut flora and canned pumpkin for fiber. Never used the yogurt on a cat, but I've done it for myself when antibiotics were wreaking havoc on my digestive system. As for the pumpkin, our cat really likes it, and it works like a charm to keep him regular.

Umilele
Aug 12, 2007
Okay, this is driving me crazy.

I consider myself to be pretty good with dog breeds. I can correctly identify just about any breed, and can apply that to mixes a good amount of the time. But I saw a dog today that I absolutely can not identify.

It was at the park and I was driving when I saw it, so unfortunately no pictures, or even a really good description of it's build. It was kind of retriever-y, medium/long silky coat. I didn't get a good look at the head. What caught my attention was the color and markings. The dog looked like a freaking hyena. It was medium brown with darker brown patches, but the patches were fairly round/even, not splotchy like a merle dog. The color was all wrong for merle, too. It wasn't red, it was brown. I don't think there was any white. If there was, it was just a tiny bit on the chest or paws. (Like I said, I was driving.)

The fur looked like this:

except that it was a bit darker altogether, and the spots were bigger (and therefore less numerous).

What the hell was it. :psyduck:

DenialTwist
Sep 18, 2008
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Could it have been a Catahoula? They have a wide variety of coat types.

I'm probably biased as I'm fostering one right now. But just a guess.

Umilele
Aug 12, 2007
I thought Catahoula initially, but I've never seen one in those colors before. I guess it could be a really interesting result of a mix, though! I'm thinking about hitting the park next Saturday to see if the guy brings the dog again.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Superconductor posted:

:words:
Thanks a lot! I will pass on the links. I tried to find a breed standard or something but didn't know APBTs weren't a registered breed with the AKC and that's pretty much where I get my doggie breed info other than here :downs:

Meow Cadet: I've heard that cats hide their food sometimes, but usually by placing something over the bowl - maybe that's her method though. The new environment might have caused her to be a little paranoid about it. Or I guess it could be fun watching it roll around too, who knows? Cats amuse themselves in stupid ways :B

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

drat Bananas posted:

Thanks a lot! I will pass on the links. I tried to find a breed standard or something but didn't know APBTs weren't a registered breed with the AKC and that's pretty much where I get my doggie breed info other than here :downs:

Meow Cadet: I've heard that cats hide their food sometimes, but usually by placing something over the bowl - maybe that's her method though. The new environment might have caused her to be a little paranoid about it. Or I guess it could be fun watching it roll around too, who knows? Cats amuse themselves in stupid ways :B

Yeah, APBTs are recognized by the UKC, AKC just does Amstaffs and Staffy Bulls. Here's a link to the standard: http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/AmericanPitBullTerrier though it probably won't do him a lot of good, if you don't already have a concept of what a decent APBT looks like just reading the standard leaves a lot of room for crazy and retarded interpretations. (Kind of like how most conformation APBTs look like ugly amstaffs now! :downs: )

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Meow Cadet posted:

We moved last weekend, and amazingly none of the fish died and the cats took it all in stride. However, Maneki has developed a new behavior. She is picking up pieces of kibble, walking down the hallway, and dropping them. We're finding unchewed cat kibble all over the house. Is she hoarding it? Playing with it? Making some sort of statement about the new digs? The new place is all hardwood/tile, while the old place was 95% carpet, so maybe it's just fun to watch it roll all over?

I'll ask the vet tech when I pick up more food next week (or so), since making a mess with food is hardly an emergency situation, but I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts.

My cats will pick out kibble from the dogs bowl and bat it around the kitchen. It's one of their favorite activities. I accidentally stepped on a piece once while they were playing and I got the most pissed off, turn you to stone glares. I mean, it's not like they don't have a million other store bought toys they could play with and more kibble in the bowl but apparently that piece was special. Is he playing with it or just randomly leaving it in the hallway? My bet is one playing with it. If he's just leaving it in the middle of the hallway then I wouldn't say hoarding as that's not a very safe location to hoard things. I don't think it's something to worry about though. Just one of those cat oddities.

Edit: Something else. For some reason, my cats put the pieces of kibble in my purse. I have no loving clue. One day at work I was searching for a pack of gum and pulled out about ten pieces of kibble from the bottom of my purse and was really confused until I saw my Siamese girl digging open my purse and dropping a piece in one day. My dog also hides her tennis ball in my purse. I'm sure if my purse ever spilled while in public and a tennis ball and pieces of dog kibble rolled out I'd get some really weird looks. Animals are weird.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Welp, I was wondering if anyone had some insight on what might be going on with my dog.

Yorkie, 8 y/o, fixed. Some (maybe) relevant info: She recently finished her 3 week course of antibiotics for a UTI and that seems to have cleared up. Also, she had impacted anal glands for her first time ever this week, in fact, I had to take her to get them expressed twice.

But the actual problem is she won't stop licking/biting her groin, has broken the skin a couple times in doing so and seems to be very itchy. I already had the vet look at it and he said he "didn't see anything all that interesting" and gave me some quadritop ointment. The ointment doesn't seem to be helping much and looking at it myself, she is a little red/sensitive (she squirms when I put the ointment here) right below her vulva. No discharge/pus that I've noticed. No other problems.

Could this just be a little rug burn from scooting everywhere due to the gland problem? The redness is very minor and I wouldn't be worrying about it if she didn't look so uncomfortable. She's a little shaggy down there so I've taken to giving her a quick wash/dry after she pees just in case it's irritation from trapped urine. I've also managed to trim her a little but she's not very cooperative at the moment.

So, yep, any ideas/similar stories?

Pineapple
Jan 14, 2003

by Fistgrrl
Could be a yeast infection from the antibiotics maybe?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm not sure what the cause is Megaflare, but maybe get a e-collar so she can't lick it like crazy. Especially for after you put the ointment on it.

BellyBionic
Feb 24, 2006

by Ozma
I recently started a new job where quite a few of my coworkers have fish in their cubicles. I think watching a fish swimming around might help calm me so I don't lose my temper with the morons I talk to on the phone all day, and I've been wanting to get fish for a while now but haven't been able to figure out where I could put an aquarium in our apartment that would be safe from the cats. So, I want a fishy on my desk at work.

I think I'm pretty set on a betta. Most people in the office have bettas in those little betta bowls but I do know enough about fish to know those things are a terrible idea. I'm thinking maybe one of these? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752385#prodTab1 (It's an Eclipse System 3 if anyone can't click the link).

It's a 3 gallon. Is that big enough for a betta? And would it be a good idea to get him a couple of African Dwarf frogs or a small school (2 or 3 at most) of Neon Tetras as buddies, or should a betta be totally alone? And is the Bio-Wheel filter good or a stupid gimmick?

Would the Mini-Bow 5 be better? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754539

Pineapple
Jan 14, 2003

by Fistgrrl

BellyBionic posted:

I recently started a new job where quite a few of my coworkers have fish in their cubicles. I think watching a fish swimming around might help calm me so I don't lose my temper with the morons I talk to on the phone all day, and I've been wanting to get fish for a while now but haven't been able to figure out where I could put an aquarium in our apartment that would be safe from the cats. So, I want a fishy on my desk at work.

I think I'm pretty set on a betta. Most people in the office have bettas in those little betta bowls but I do know enough about fish to know those things are a terrible idea. I'm thinking maybe one of these? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752385#prodTab1 (It's an Eclipse System 3 if anyone can't click the link).

It's a 3 gallon. Is that big enough for a betta? And would it be a good idea to get him a couple of African Dwarf frogs or a small school (2 or 3 at most) of Neon Tetras as buddies, or should a betta be totally alone? And is the Bio-Wheel filter good or a stupid gimmick?

Would the Mini-Bow 5 be better? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754539

Bettas do best alone, and I'd go with the 5 gallon. The filter in the Eclipse 3 tends to make too much current for a betta and fail often. The light is nice and I still use mine but I use a different filter and I've done some dremeling of the frame and hood. If the footprint of the tank is an issue a 5 gallon hex tank may fit better than the mini-bow. For optimal health in your betta, look for an adjustable heater between 10 and 25 watts, you want to keep the water about 78 degrees.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

BellyBionic posted:

Bettas like warm, low light, low current tanks. A light is not necessary, and may annoy the fish, and filters aren't really necessary if you keep up with your water changes (which you should do filter or not!). Some people say filters with too strong a current can damage their fins. A heater is quite necessary, and I'd splurge on an adjustable instead of those little pad heaters - they are notorious for really fluctuating the water temperature.

As for tank size, the rule of thumb I've been told is 1 gallon per inch of fish. A betta's, what, 2 inches I guess? Bigger is of course always better but that depends on how much you want to spend and how much space you have. They sell 2.5 gallon tanks at Petsmart for about $13 and that's what I use. Easy to carry when full of water so no weird siphoning or repeated bailing out water with a cup or anything. For my 2.5 they recommend water changes every 5 days, but every 7 days seems to work for me. It's easier to just say "change it every Sunday" personally, but I'm not sure what the change-rates are for other size tanks. Whatever you choose, keep in mind bettas need horizontal space more than vertical, so no drat vases!

Those 2.5s come with a glass lid, but it's impossible to have a heater or anything with that, so I bought some needle-point canvas from a craft store for like 20 cents and cut it to fit, with little cut-outs where the heater cord comes out. It also kinda helps with feeding, just drop the pellets in through the holes! And yes you do need a lid of some sort, bettas are jumpers. Good luck with your fishy! Post pictures in the aquarium thread when you've got it all set up. :)

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
Speaking of bettas...

I've had a betta for a couple months now, been keeping him in a relatively small bowl, alone. I recently got a good-sized aquarium, and put in the betta along with several new fish. Everyone seems to get along fine except the betta, who spends all his time hiding behind the filter, barely moving.

Does my betta have social anxiety?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

bigeaux, it's showtime, chah

Rustmouth Chafings posted:

Does my betta have social anxiety?

Pineapple posted:

Bettas do best alone