Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Loved the Leo podcast. I used to turn him on on ZDTV as background noise back in the day of Leo LaPorte on ZDTV/TechTV. He's just such a loving genuinely nice guy, and you can tell that from the first 5 minutes of dicking around. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Adam venting about ranchera music is the greatest. "There is no worse music...let's just put a period there. There is no worse music."

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
Does anyone else think that Jamie Kennedy was extremely drunk?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

EnsGDT posted:

The Jamie Kennedy podcast is amazing, once adam stops letting him talk.

Move Israel to Mexico I love it

I'm up for it. Jews won't be, though. No property value :(

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

blacquethoven posted:

Does anyone else think that Jamie Kennedy was extremely drunk?

No, just a mediocre guest.

I am pretty meh so far on the Podcast. 45 minutes of Adam is better than nothing, but I really enjoyed the ACS format a lot better. Yes you had to put up with some lame "format" stuff from time to time, but I honestly think Adam works better when he is having to work against people trying to make him color within the lines. I miss the bad guests (JCVD, Isaac Hays), the cohosts, and even the kill-a-segment games like Tivo Trivia and whatnot. Adam (and to a lesser extend T and BB) almost always managed to shine that typical morning radio crap into gold.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag
I really do think it takes a good year or two for a radio show to get really good. The first year of ACS was kind of weak, and I'd be willing to bet that the first year or so that Adam was on Loveline weren't as good as the later stuff too. Now he has complete freedom. Once it stops being about the show itself, I believe it'll come into its own.

And yet I say all this but I still don't think it'll ever be as good as Loveline in its prime. I have high hopes, though!

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

It seems every time I smoke up and listen to an episode of this, the topic of :420: comes up and they always make me feel guilty for smoking :smith:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Roflcopter posted:

It seems every time I smoke up and listen to an episode of this, the topic of :420: comes up and they always make me feel guilty for smoking :smith:
This show actually kinda helped contribute to me not smoking weed cause whenever I would listen to and hear the depressing stories I wouldn't even laugh at Ace's jokes cause I'd be really sad for the people (this is to say that weed was turning me gay.)

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Roflcopter posted:

gently caress that getting baked and listening to loveline is one of my favorite pastimes.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The 02/12/2003 Heidi Fleiss episode is the most painfully bad show ever aired. It's like that awkward 'friendly' banter Adam and Kathy Griffin have where she says some horribly conceited feminist crap and Adam bites his lip til it bleeds, except this is 1000x worst with Heidi Fleiss.

I wish I had some idea about what they were talking about where on some episode 10 years back Heidi Fleiss was a guest and said something terribly offensive about the LAPD which somehow cost her $10,000 in a lawsuit and required a retraction of the statement in a later loveline. But I have no doubt it was $10,000 worth of stupid considering all the retarded poo poo that oval office kept spewing during the episode I heard.

Heidi 'All men should pay their wives for blowjobs' Fleiss.

It wasn't until she dropped some line about wives being like prostitutes that Adam finally called her on the bullshit.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Sanctum posted:

The 02/12/2003 Heidi Fleiss episode is the most painfully bad show ever aired. It's like that awkward 'friendly' banter Adam and Kathy Griffin have where she says some horribly conceited feminist crap and Adam bites his lip til it bleeds, except this is 1000x worst with Heidi Fleiss.

I wish I had some idea about what they were talking about where on some episode 10 years back Heidi Fleiss was a guest and said something terribly offensive about the LAPD which somehow cost her $10,000 in a lawsuit and required a retraction of the statement in a later loveline. But I have no doubt it was $10,000 worth of stupid considering all the retarded poo poo that oval office kept spewing during the episode I heard.

Heidi 'All men should pay their wives for blowjobs' Fleiss.

It wasn't until she dropped some line about wives being like prostitutes that Adam finally called her on the bullshit.

Oh god I heard that episode sometime last month on the Random Loveline stream, all I recall was her telling female callers to be pretty much douches to their guys. Ugh, I don't think I got through the whole thing before falling sleep so I didn't hear Adam bite back.

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled

BeastOfExmoor posted:

No, just a mediocre guest.

I am pretty meh so far on the Podcast. 45 minutes of Adam is better than nothing, but I really enjoyed the ACS format a lot better. Yes you had to put up with some lame "format" stuff from time to time, but I honestly think Adam works better when he is having to work against people trying to make him color within the lines. I miss the bad guests (JCVD, Isaac Hays), the cohosts, and even the kill-a-segment games like Tivo Trivia and whatnot. Adam (and to a lesser extend T and BB) almost always managed to shine that typical morning radio crap into gold.

I love Adam, but I'm also a little on the fence about the Podcast. I think he should take breaks to be honest. I don't mean add commercials, I just want him to say, "Ok I'm running out of steam and need a 15 minutes piss break, I'll be back (2 seconds pass) Ok I'm back, I hate left turn red lights!"

I only say this because it seems like he kind of drags his feet after 30 minutes of talking, which is expected because I don't think he's ever done a show that required him to produce quality hilarity for 45+ minutes straight. That's a pretty daunting task for anyone, especially because it's 5 times a week. When he was doing loveline, a lot of the fun was listening to drew and adam rehash the crazy conversation they had while peeing during the break. The episode where they came up with the concept of a 19 year old guy dating a 19 year old girl just turns into a jester spinning plates before some king sitting on a throne, trying his hardest just to survive one more night originated during a commercial break. Adam is perfectly capable of coming up with brilliant stuff like this on a nightly basis, but it's hard not to burn out when you don't get a commercial break every 10-15 minutes to reset, take a sip of coffee/beer, and start over again fresh.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

JohnnyDangerously posted:

I only say this because it seems like he kind of drags his feet after 30 minutes of talking, which is expected because I don't think he's ever done a show that required him to produce quality hilarity for 45+ minutes straight. That's a pretty daunting task for anyone, especially because it's 5 times a week. When he was doing loveline, a lot of the fun was listening to drew and adam rehash the crazy conversation they had while peeing during the break. The episode where they came up with the concept of a 19 year old guy dating a 19 year old girl just turns into a jester spinning plates before some king sitting on a throne, trying his hardest just to survive one more night originated during a commercial break. Adam is perfectly capable of coming up with brilliant stuff like this on a nightly basis, but it's hard not to burn out when you don't get a commercial break every 10-15 minutes to reset, take a sip of coffee/beer, and start over again fresh.

What the gently caress are you babbling about?

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled

drat NIGGA posted:

What the gently caress are you babbling about?

LETS GET IT ON

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I just noticed the registration years from this post on down:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2607047&pagenumber=65#post357672867

Anyways...I just wanted to again suggest that everyone download Dave Damesheks podcast with Adam as guest:

http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTr...eshek090305.mp3

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
74 minute podcast with Greg Fitzsimmons up! Get it onnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Daryl DBD posted:

74 minute podcast with Greg Fitzsimmons up! Get it onnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I love this one, and his profanity-laden rant about the valet ticket girl is loving awesome. I don't give a poo poo what others think, I loving love when Adam curses so much.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
That rant was so spot on about people in L.A. Hell, most of my co-workers were like that. Especially when he was doing the voice of the guy operating the horse rides, I've heard people like that all the time, and I too have wanted to punch them. This was one of the best podcast.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Listen to it if not just for the lobster bit at the end. Amazing.

JeansW
Aug 4, 2004
Yes. Like the jeans...
Holy crap, I've been away from SA for a while so I lost track of this thread. I just listened to the first couple episodes of the AC Podcast. Listening to Dr. Drew punch the mic just brought back so many warm fuzzies :3:

MC_
Sep 11, 2003

Is there any data about ratings post-Adam? Have they dropped in the last four years? Is Loveline carried by fewer stations now?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MC_ posted:

Is there any data about ratings post-Adam? Have they dropped in the last four years? Is Loveline carried by fewer stations now?

There is, but I don't have it, and yes and yes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

My station dropped Loveline about six months after Adam left. I don't know big numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened elsewhere.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Unghhhh. This is perhaps the worst show I've listened to in so long - Unwritten Law - 2002 with Dr. Bruce.

gently caress Unwritten Law are the most obnoxious cunts I've ever heard. Also they're egging Adam on to bully Bruce. :( Sure Bruce is contrarian to the Nth degree, but fuuuuck Unwritten Law are stepping on every. single. line. Wade of Unwritten Law: I LOATHE YOU.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

On a totally unrelated note, is anyone else watching Dancing with the Stars solely for DAG?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Paul Kersey posted:

On a totally unrelated note, is anyone else watching Dancing with the Stars solely for DAG?

I will. :smith: I did for Adam. Fortunately there's some insane person who puts the episodes on Youtube split up by person, so you can just watch DAG and skip the rest of the poo poo.

flatFat
Apr 30, 2006

k

The Pantheon posted:

Unghhhh. This is perhaps the worst show I've listened to in so long - Unwritten Law - 2002 with Dr. Bruce.

gently caress Unwritten Law are the most obnoxious cunts I've ever heard. Also they're egging Adam on to bully Bruce. :( Sure Bruce is contrarian to the Nth degree, but fuuuuck Unwritten Law are stepping on every. single. line. Wade of Unwritten Law: I LOATHE YOU.

Funny, I just listened to that the other day. I hated it so much that I was loath to give it a one-star rating in my iTunes, even though that's the lowest rating possible. That show was at least a minus-4 stars.

What's great is listening to the one or two shows afterward while Dr. Drew is still in New York, but calling in from another studio. Adam is complaining to him about the previous episode, and they're planning out their nightly telephone conversation for after the show so that they can gossip about it. They're kinda mocking the gayness of their codependent nightly phone chats, but you can tell that after the brutality of the Unwritten Law show, Adam genuinely misses Drew.

Edit: Also, Wikipedia tells me that Wade has since been kicked the gently caress out. Thank GOD. Wade, I hope you choke on twelve dicks at once.

flatFat fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 10, 2009

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

flatFat posted:

Edit: Also, Wikipedia tells me that Wade has since been kicked the gently caress out. Thank GOD. Wade, I hope you choke on twelve dicks at once.
You just made my hour. :3:

Now let me make yours, World!

March 10th 2009 - Adam & Aisha Tyler

71 minutes of hot goodness, get it on.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Aisha is always a great guest.

MC_
Sep 11, 2003

I'm listening to 8/2/04 with Randy Jackson and Adam says and Jackson confirms that Stryker was offered a job as a judge on American Idol before the first season.

Imagine how much money he's passed up as a result.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I was way late on hearing about the podcast, and now the first episode, and the Dr. Drew episode, aren't available at either his website or on iTunes. Can someone tell me where to get them?

edit: thanks!

Watommi fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 10, 2009

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

MC_ posted:

I'm listening to 8/2/04 with Randy Jackson and Adam says and Jackson confirms that Stryker was offered a job as a judge on American Idol before the first season.

Imagine how much money he's passed up as a result.

What the gently caress? Why would anyone hire him? He literally sounds like every alternative-music DJ I've heard. He is absurdly generic. Jesus christ, our entertainment industry is retarded.

Darth Nemesis
Nov 11, 2003

I <3 majins,
omg disgaea fag

Watommi posted:

I was way late on hearing about the podcast, and now the first episode, and the Dr. Drew episode, aren't available at either his website or on iTunes. Can someone tell me where to get them?
http://www.savefile.com/files/2016689
http://www.thefilmvault.net/acp/

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

j8910 posted:

What the gently caress? Why would anyone hire him? He literally sounds like every alternative-music DJ I've heard. He is absurdly generic. Jesus christ, our entertainment industry is retarded.

Stryker is/was a pretty well known LA dj, and seems to know his fair share about music. Also, he'd probably be pretty comfortable on tv, without mumbling or stumbling through his words.

I mean really, was Randy Jackson any bigger than Stryker when it all started?

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
The budget alternative to Samuel L. Jackson arrives today.

March 11th 2009 - Adam & Alonzo Budden.

55 minutes of lots of cars and planes and much more talk, get it on.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Ha, the 5'12" guy is on the Random Loveline stream right now. Ha ha haaaa. He 'crouches over the toilet like a baseball catcher.'

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Hour 15 with Joel Mchale.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Holy poo poo 12/16/2004 with Papa Roach. For the first few minutes you can hear Adam and Drew talking, thinking the show hasn't started yet. Then the intro plays again, and they think the mics aren't working. Some other crap happens followed by Adam and Drew talking "off air." After at least one more false start, they go to best-of.

When they come back and try to explain the issue, they say Anderson's on the phone while he shouts over the air that he's there, and then yells "Jesus Christ everyone can hear me but you?!" My favorite loveline moments are the ones that highlight what a terrible production it is. Any other show this would probably end with everyone getting fired, but I love this crap. Oh also Jr. Producer Lauren is wasted or something.

EDIT: vv OK yeah, it's not immediately apparent that Anderson's hosed up but wow this poo poo just got a lot better. vv

Reztes fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 12, 2009

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Reztes posted:

Holy poo poo 12/16/2004 with Papa Roach.

Omnicarus posted:

Anderson's greatest night is undoubtedly the 12-16-2004 episode featuring Papa Roach, where Anderson is drunk and tripping, and they have a technical meltdown. Anderson finds out that his phone can only be heard by the broadcast and not by Adam or Drew and proceeds to freak out on the air. Then he tells Adam how he sells his Christmas present on Ebay every year. This is the same episode with the fudgepacking and Theo's christmas song, too. Probably the best episode ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

The Pantheon posted:

The budget alternative to Samuel L. Jackson arrives today.

March 11th 2009 - Adam & Alonzo Budden.

55 minutes of lots of cars and planes and much more talk, get it on.

This episode illustrates one of my only problems with Adam, which is that he needs someone to tell him to shut the gently caress up when he talks about dumb technical poo poo for eleven hours. Drew always called him on it, which is one of the reasons why the duo worked so well.

• Locked thread