Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

Some guy's dream of what Yamaha's Moto2 bike might look like. Yes it's basically a re-skinned M1, but drat that's elegant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

I'd read about the WSBK races at Phillip Island but being that I dont own a TV and am broke in college I was sad that I couldn't watch them.

Behold then!
http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/sbkTV.php
Not sure if this only works in the UK but I just streamed both full races and they were awesome to watch. Gotta get my fix.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
For those interested, you can watch all 6 rounds of the AMA supermoto championship here.
http://www.supermotoonline.com/VideoPage.htm

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
What browser/plugin are you using? Firefox can't figure out what plugin to download.

I'm asking about the WSBK.

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003

eggyolk posted:

I'd read about the WSBK races at Phillip Island but being that I dont own a TV and am broke in college I was sad that I couldn't watch them.

Behold then!
http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/sbkTV.php
Not sure if this only works in the UK but I just streamed both full races and they were awesome to watch. Gotta get my fix.

Appears it must be UK restricted, I get a 'You are not authorized to view content' message when the video loads. Ohio, here.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Zool posted:

What browser/plugin are you using? Firefox can't figure out what plugin to download.

I'm asking about the WSBK.

It streamed in Windows Media Player for me, was choppy at first but I increased the buffer and then it was fine.

MiamiKid posted:

Appears it must be UK restricted, I get a 'You are not authorized to view content' message when the video loads. Ohio, here.

Consider this payback for us not being allowed to watch SNL and about every other good video website here. Actually that sucks because I'm coming home to the states soon which means I won't be able to finish watching this season. :(

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

MiamiKid posted:

You can watch it after both races air on the Speed channel, so it should work after Tuesday.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Someone spring for UK based hosting and setup a proxy server.

Not it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kawasaki has a cool display setup at bike week this year. Took one of their new zx 6r's and cut the dam thing in half!

Click for really big.

Click here for the full 1650x1238 image.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

mattfl posted:

Kawasaki has a cool display setup at bike week this year. Took one of their new zx 6r's and cut the dam thing in half!

Click for really big.

Click here for the full 1650x1238 image.

This is actually really cool. What's that stuff that almost looks like woodgrain in the exhaust?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

More cutaways:

Yamaha FZ 750 Motorcycle Cutaway Illustration:

Click here for the full 1300x860 image.

Click here for the full 950x925 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Zenaida posted:

This is actually really cool. What's that stuff that almost looks like woodgrain in the exhaust?

I'd like to bet thats part of the Catalytic Converter.

I really need to get to the speedway this year considering I live in the area and go to school right around the corner. Sucks I'm working the event at a local store that sells motorcycle apparel. Maybe I'll skip class Friday....

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Spiffness posted:

More cutaways:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

This one sucks. "A peak at the timing chain and the inner workings of the water pump on the new R1!"

The woodgrain looking stuff is the catalyst. It can break down oxides of nitrogen, burn carbon monoxide, and most importantly can be exchanged for methamphetamine at shady scrap yards.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

A little sideboob is better than nothing right?

Now I know it's unrelated to motorcycles (a manufacturer of fine ones!) but when searching desperately for a MV Agusta engine diagram I found this loving thing

quote:

The MV Agusta F4 Interceptor, a carbon fibre hulled V8-engined PWC, is the currently the world's fastest and most expensive PWC. Recently unveiled by MV Agusta at the Milan Motorcycle Show in Italy, the F4 Interceptor features a new engine which is fused by two motorcycle engines together. Agusta has taken two of its high performance 1078cc four cylinder engines and created a Swiss-watch-like 2156cc V8 powerplant which will power the limited-edition 308 bhp, carbon-fiber–hulled, two-seater. Info about the F4 Interceptor is scarce, but we know that it has a CDI ignition, electronic fuel injection, a 3-blade stainless steel impeller, uses a 160mm high pressure axial flow pump and is claimed to weigh in at an astounding 238 kg dry. An issue still to be resolved before the MV Agusta F4 Interceptor is allowed in the U.S. market has to do with the fact that the F4 Interceptor does not go along with the agreement between the manufacturers and the Coast Guard that no standard PWC will exceed 65 mph. But surely there will be some kind of compromise. You'll be able to find limited numbers of the new F4 Interceptor will be in 2008. No price has yet been announced but it is expected to become the most expensive production PWC yet sold.

Oh Italy, never change.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Fastest, priciest, and sexiest that's how Italy does.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its probably a fraction of a second faster than the nearest Japanese counterpart that costs half as much.

THATS how Italy does.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Also the correlation between Gixxers and squids. I'm going to order some new decals for my bike.

GSX(NOT -R!)750ES

I was bored.

If you actually do want stickers of this, I have the Illustrator file for easy vinyl cutting. :D

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
Pretty cool.

It's a shame both the R and the crossed circle use the same colour, it makes it hard to differeniate the two. The circle really has to be red for it to make sense, but I'm struggling to think of a colour the R could be set to. Maybe black with a white outline instead, maybe the same grey as the GSX, maybe use the same blue and white that (almost) all GSX-Rs seem to use.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hehe, nice. Maybe some different imagery would be clearer, like an actual squid with a bandana and R logo behind the red dashed circle.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Orange Someone posted:

It's a shame both the R and the crossed circle use the same colour, it makes it hard to differeniate the two. The circle really has to be red for it to make sense, but I'm struggling to think of a colour the R could be set to. Maybe black with a white outline instead, maybe the same grey as the GSX, maybe use the same blue and white that (almost) all GSX-Rs seem to use.

Yeah, I was struggling with the R/slash interaction. I suppose I could just use Suzuki blue for the R, but the red R is pretty iconic.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

Boat posted:

Yeah, I was struggling with the R/slash interaction. I suppose I could just use Suzuki blue for the R, but the red R is pretty iconic.

Quick paint edit (for somereason it turned the background black):

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Maybe do either the R or the "no" symbol in Suzuki's blue and white livery?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A motorcycle movie trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOaYQTHNTrc

How about a Blackbird XX quad conversion for awesomeness.
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9735

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Retarded Pimp posted:

A motorcycle movie trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOaYQTHNTrc

An achingly Canadian motorcycle movie trailer

Phy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 4, 2009

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Phy posted:

An achingly Canadian motorcycle movie trailer

:canada:

I want to see this movie so bad.

quote:

How about a Blackbird XX quad conversion for awesomeness.
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9735

That looks incredibly fun, hot drat I want it now.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Supermoto lights class. drat fast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w75m2kuJFM

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

mutt2jeff posted:

Supermoto lights class. drat fast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w75m2kuJFM

That's awesome.

It's also a fantastic demonstration of how aggressively you should be looking forward and up the track as you corner.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Related videos, how to drift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYiWOJ59Vg&feature=related

"if you do it properly you'll look way cooler than your mates" :pervert:

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Also, check out CaptCrash for a ton of cool little parking lot practice tips and tricks. http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptCrashIdaho

Stoppies by captcrash... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLcEJEdQRq0

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Spiffness posted:

"if you do it properly you'll look way cooler than your mates" :pervert:

I love the force gauge, I'll be sure to apply 20-50 newtons on the brake followed by 30-50 newtons on the clutch.

youtube comments posted:

i tried this and i got hosed up i fell off

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Z3n posted:

That's awesome.

It's also a fantastic demonstration of how aggressively you should be looking forward and up the track as you corner.

It seems like he's focusing on the apex until just before he gets to it, then snapping his view to the corner exit. Is that the recommended technique?

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Zenaida posted:

It seems like he's focusing on the apex until just before he gets to it, then snapping his view to the corner exit. Is that the recommended technique?

I would guess that the head snapping is actually him checking his lead. Once he is set up and where he wants to be in the corner, he takes a look to see what his tail is up to.

Edit: Mevermind, it seems like he does it every corner, which I didn't think he was doing.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Zenaida posted:

You can do it more gradually than that, he's got a really aggressive, exaggerated style, but he's making sure he's going to hit his apex and then snapping his eyes forward to the exit asap. I do it more gradually, but normal tracks don't have as many sharp corners like that. On the road, at the point where he'd snap his head forward, I'm moving my scan from the road leading up to the apex to the road leading to the exit, checking for gravel, dirt, etc.

The thing that it illustrates really well is where you should stop looking at the apex and start looking farther ahead.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yay radial master cylinder on the Bandit!!

Click here for the full 576x768 image.

Its off of a 2007 GSXR-1000. I am once again thankful for Suzuki parts interchangeability. I was able to take the lever pivot from the stock Bandit brakes, which has a nut on top of it, and use it on the GSXR brakes. I then mounted the fluid reservoir on the pivot nut.

I was also able to use the Bandit bar clamp caps, which have mirror mounts molded in them, in place of the GSXR ones, so I dont have to figure out an alternate mirror mount either.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Its like Lego!

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Phat_Albert posted:

Yay radial master cylinder on the Bandit!!

Click here for the full 576x768 image.

Its off of a 2007 GSXR-1000. I am once again thankful for Suzuki parts interchangeability. I was able to take the lever pivot from the stock Bandit brakes, which has a nut on top of it, and use it on the GSXR brakes. I then mounted the fluid reservoir on the pivot nut.

I was also able to use the Bandit bar clamp caps, which have mirror mounts molded in them, in place of the GSXR ones, so I dont have to figure out an alternate mirror mount either.

So what's the benifit of that over the square one it comes with?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A lot less effort required on the lever, due to the increased leverage you have on the piston itself. Smaller size/weight, which wasnt really a factor for me on a 500lb bike.

Basically, I liked the feel of the radial brakes on my old GSXR, and I couldnt pass up the price for this one ($30 on eBay).

Plus, I'll freely admit, it looks alot cooler than the stock one :rice:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo, someone made a GSXR out of an RG500 gamma, or the other way around, I cant tell.

I know what you're thinking, but look at the pictures first, it looks like something that very well could have come right off the assembly line at Suzuki.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gammagirl/sets/72157614962601172/detail/

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Holy poo poo, someone made a GSXR out of an RG500 gamma, or the other way around, I cant tell.

I know what you're thinking, but look at the pictures first, it looks like something that very well could have come right off the assembly line at Suzuki.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gammagirl/sets/72157614962601172/detail/

That is loving impressive.

It's a RG500 frame, with GSX-R swingarm, forks, plastics, but I'm pretty sure the tank is a gamma one, or at least modified.

That's god drat impressive. An incredible amount of work must have gone into that.

I can only imagine hearing that going down the road then then the :psypop: as you see it come into view.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 9, 2009

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Dedication:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Zool posted:

Dedication:

Ugh, my first thought was the video where the guy gets torn apart on the track by passing F1 cars. That dude could've gotten messed up if that video was real.