Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

scuz posted:

Nice!! Is that one of the silver series basses? It's gonna sound pretty classic with your new half-stack.

How did you fix the nut?

with some Walmart glue for now... Obviously that's not a permanent solution but there's a guy in town who fixes up guitars and can put a new bone nut in for 50 bux, so I'll probably take it to him when I get a bit more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Sorted

Stux fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 13, 2009

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden
Today, this:

Next week, an Oxygen 8v2. Those combined with my UC-33e should provide all the MIDI control I need.

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

Not my photo but it's not really important...

Yay!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

SteelWav posted:

Yay!

Whoa I just looked that up. That is sweet. I want one!

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

SteelWav posted:

Yay!

I didn't know they still made Sega Genesis games.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Thoogsby posted:

I didn't know they still made Sega Genesis games.

They don't. It's a Gameboy cartridge. They still make Genesises, though - http://www.segaretro.net/comingsoon.html

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The Wogosphere posted:

Today, this:

Next week, an Oxygen 8v2. Those combined with my UC-33e should provide all the MIDI control I need.

Made me think of this: http://www.najle.com/idaft/

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Yoozer posted:

They don't. It's a Gameboy cartridge. They still make Genesises, though - http://www.segaretro.net/comingsoon.html

as soon as this comes out the chip scene will poo poo all over it for not being accurate enough

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

GFS JB Pro Jazz + overwound PB Pro Plus pickups

+

the Voodoo Dildo, a four year old SX bass from Rondo (which looks awesome and plays surprisingly well, but had never sounded that impressive)

=

:hellyeah:

a ton more punch, presence, and ballsiness to the sound. I'm still tooling around with getting the pickup height just so, but Guitarfetish makes some pretty nice pickups, I'm glad I gave them a try.

(I also got a new oversized bridge (not shown) which I haven't installed yet. And one of these days I should replace that missing knob, which jumped off less than a week after I got the bass).

h_double fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 13, 2009

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I hope you're playing glam rock on that because that's 80s as hell. In a good way.

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

Hadlock posted:

Made me think of this: http://www.najle.com/idaft/

Hey, that's good for finger exercises while waiting for the real thing to arrive :)

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax
This arrived in the mail yesterday. It's a cheapo CNB Pedal Board

Whatever could be inside?

The Freq Boost arrived this morning after I won it on eBay for $20 on Wednesday. The Transparent Overdrive I picked up on a whim from my local guitar shop a few weeks back when they first came out. Now that they are discontinuing the Timmy clone version I am glad I did. I've actually stopped using my old TS9 because I prefer the cheapo Behringer copy to the real deal.

ZoCrowes fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 13, 2009

tommej
Apr 18, 2007

by Fistgrrl
this little baby arrived today :woop:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

tommej posted:

this little baby arrived today :woop:

More Musicians Friend $30 pedal goodness:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Wasabi-Distortion-Pedal?sku=151908

Anyone have experience with the Wasabi distortion? It's tempting, but I already have about 5 dirt pedals :o:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

mono posted:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Wasabi-Distortion-Pedal?sku=151908

Anyone have experience with the Wasabi distortion? It's tempting, but I already have about 5 dirt pedals :o:

It's a good one, I'm thinking about doing it just to have a backup. Sort of a cross between a Metalzone and a Box of Rock, if that makes sense.

Take it from me, you can never have too much dirt :unsmith:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 14, 2009

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I know it's petty as hell, but that is a seriously ugly pedal.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

mono posted:

MF had a big $25 or $30 blowout sale on the Wasabi Overdrive and Distortion a while back and I picked up one of each. The distortion is my favorite of the two and is a really solidly built pedal with a surprising number of options (I especially like the boost footswitch, which kicks in an extra 5-10db gain for solos). I don't keep up with the million different distortions on the market, but this is definitely a pretty decent pedal, especially for the price.

krisis
Oct 25, 2003

i have a light case of asparagus.

Ibanez RGA42 in Black

Click here for the full 800x339 image.

A Seymour Duncan Blackouts set.

Real pictures when they arrive and I get the pickups installed.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

It's a good one, I'm thinking about doing it just to have a backup. Sort of a cross between a Metalzone and a Box of Rock, if that makes sense.

Take it from me, you can never have too much dirt :unsmith:
I traded a drum machine (Korg DDD-1) for one of these. DrChu put up some clips of it with a J-Bass in the gear trades thread. HERE

Gaseous Clay
May 12, 2002

The Wogosphere posted:

Today, this:

I just ponied up for this on friday

Looking into an oxygen somethingorother next.

what type of stuff do you do?

MyushiVerSCOOTY
Jan 22, 2004

I got a new electric drum pad

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

It's pretty nice to play.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

New guitar, a Carvin DC727.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

It plays like butter and I have no problems reaching the 7th string or the upper frets.

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

MyushiVerSCOOTY posted:

I got a new electric drum pad

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

It's pretty nice to play.
That looks really sweet. Congratulations.

Gaseous Clay posted:

I just ponied up for this on friday

Looking into an oxygen somethingorother next.

what type of stuff do you do?

I go between noise music and IDM, depending on whether I want to improvise or program stuff, but grabbed those controllers to help my DJ'ing as well. Made the mistake of trying to DJ with Live last year and dumped CD decks completely as a result.

I thought about those Akai pads too, namely about the MPD 16 because it was dirt cheap. Changed my mind when I noticed a bunch of MPD 16 owners whining about "how they should've bought the trigger finger" and got "insensitive pads" as the usual answer as to why. I've been satisfied with my UC33 for five years straight now so I thought I can't go horribly wrong with another M-Audio device.

If anybody knows any cheap controller that would have an XY pad, holla up. Still missing one of those.

edit:

Oh. My. God. Who can I rob for one of these and why didn't anyone tell me it exists?

Kekkoslovakia fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 15, 2009

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

The Wogosphere posted:

If anybody knows any cheap controller that would have an XY pad, holla up. Still missing one of those.

Korg's nanopad

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

Run Dodo Run posted:

Korg's nanopad

Thanks, that's a perfect suggestion!

Might as well not waste space and list a new old purchase

Bought this little box from a Canadian friend over 3 years ago, but during the sale we both had a brain fart and forgot that the power supply was a US one, and because I couldn't find a converter anywhere around here, it just sat on the top shelf unused. Today I out of curiosity plugged a JamMan power supply in it and was pleasantly surprised when it lit up like a christmas tree.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Okay - Musicians Friend needs to stop. Wasabi OD pedal for $30 :gonk:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If you don't have one, buy it, totally worth it. Excellent OD.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Agreed posted:

Seconding this. I got one the last time and I really like it. It's clean, quiet, and really versatile.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
I wish MF would put up the Wasabi RockABye (missed it last time it was on sale) and the Forward-Reverse (unlikely since it looks like they don't even care it any more) - I'd have the whole line then.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
My first drumset:

Pearl Export with Zildjian 14'' hi-hat, 16'' ZBT crash, 18'' medium-thin suspended, 18''ZBT China and 20'' ZBT ride, Ludwig double pedal. The whole thing including new heads cost me about $950.

And my friend is letting me borrow her Gibson and amp: holy poo poo I wish it was mine:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Agreed posted:

Do the Wasabi's take a standard Boss style AC adapter?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

mono posted:

Do the Wasabi's take a standard Boss style AC adapter?

Yep.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Agreed posted:

Yep.

drat. Not sure where I'd fit it in here but I'll give it a shot:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

mono posted:

Yes, yes... Give in to the temptation. Pedals. Pedals! Thousands of them... All red blood!

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

mono posted:

theres plenty of room

How do you like that EHX muff'n? Im thinking about selling mine, just not jiving with the tone...

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun
And the money just flies away...

2x12" with two celestion vintage 30s in it.

Pedal board with built in power (the one on the left).

Morley Bad Horsie II Wah.

Maxon OD808.

M-Audio Fast Track pro.

SM57.

SM58.

M-Audio Axiom 61-key midi controller.

Plus some strings and cables and stands and stuff. Ordered all this today.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

Yes, yes... Give in to the temptation. Pedals. Pedals! Thousands of them... All red blood!
Aha, here you are!

Any setting recommendations for the Wasabi Distortion when used for a bass? I'm expecting DrChu's to arrive in the mail today :dance:

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Agreed posted:

More pedals for the pedal god?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Agreed posted:

Hey, as a side note: I did some playing around the other day, and was absolutely astounded at the tone difference between my sound when I was jacked straight in versus going through my pedal line (4 or 5 pedals, all true-bypass). Just a lot less muffled and brighter. I'd figured there would be some impact, but nothing nearly so noticable.

Anyways, I've heard that plugging a linear boost into the chain can really cut this down; is there any truth to this? I guess just having a buffer between my High-Z guitar and the line of pedals would help somewhat?

e:

quote:

godDAMN