Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Prediction: V's family will be fine, but watching whatever he does to the dragon will convince them that she's gone off the deep end since leaving elven lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
...shouldn't a Succubus report to Director Cedrick (CE for chaotic) rather than Director Lee (LE for lawful) ???

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
She's chaotic, man, she'll cut deals with whoever and not give a gently caress. That's how we roll.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

bison wings posted:

...shouldn't a Succubus report to Director Cedrick (CE for chaotic) rather than Director Lee (LE for lawful) ???

I noticed that on my first read-through, too. ;)

I have the best taste in this whole damn place
Lee is also the one that introduced the chaotic sorcerer, so names are probably just misleading.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
drat that was some grade-A taunting there from V. I mean, just drat

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The dragon's confidence is gone. It knows it's hosed.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I liked the little nudges at what else the succubus does for Director Lee. "Working under, keeping abreast, nudge nudge wink wink."

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Eh, maybe succubi are LE in this world, it certainly makes sense with the idea of them being temptresses, which is why 4e dragged them over to the other side. Or she could just be LE for the heck of it. Or maybe Lee is chaotic evil, or maybe she's CE working for LE because whatever.

And here I thought one mystery was solved.

Nomenklatura
Dec 4, 2002

If Canada is to survive, it can only survive in mutual respect and in love for one another.

CapnAndy posted:

Holy poo poo, V. Look about fifteen miles behind you -- that's the line.
Well, if you're going to cross over, you might as well look ridiculously badass while doing it.

I'm picturing a panel of Xykon watching all this with a scrying stone and just cheering.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Nomenklatura posted:

I'm picturing a panel of Xykon watching all this with a scrying stone and just cheering.

The best part is that he'll have no idea that it's V.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

The best part is that he'll have no idea that it's V.

He has no idea who V is under normal circumstances. He'd probably dance around the idea of being familiar with "that being" and then ask Redcloak if he'd ever met the dragon before.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bison wings posted:

He has no idea who V is under normal circumstances. He'd probably dance around the idea of being familiar with "that being" and then ask Redcloak if he'd ever met the dragon before.

Yes that was the joke I was trying to make, poorly.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Aw drat, I was hoping I had just realized why Nale was so sure of the Order dyeing when he sent them after the starmetal ages ago, but I don't think he knew about the dragon at all. He's just talking about things in the forest, nothing to do with the actual cave.

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."
Yeah he didn't even know there was actually starmetal in the cave either.

Hentaikid
May 18, 2005

by Peatpot

Maldraedior posted:

They've also said that the forums are to blame for the server taking a poo poo any time there's an update

Sounds plausible, forums are complicated to run. He should put the comic on a separate host, even a virtual account is well able to serve millions of copies of flat html and a gif.

My prediction is that the soul splice is hard to control alignment wise but not that hard to maintain so V could potentially be in this state for a long time.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

Halloween Jack posted:

Prediction: V's family will be fine, but watching whatever he does to the dragon will convince them that she's gone off the deep end since leaving elven lands.

Yeah, I just see V's family losing all faith in him/her. You don't talk about how joyfully you executed someone's child and then expect your kids to look at you the same way. Just sayin'.

PS oh and the CSI Miami reference in Erf actually made me smirk.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Yeah, I just see V's family losing all faith in him/her. You don't talk about how joyfully you executed someone's child and then expect your kids to look at you the same way. Just sayin'.

PS oh and the CSI Miami reference in Erf actually made me smirk.

It was a dragon though, and from what we've seen so far the "good" aligned humanoid races are pretty drat cavalier about slaughtering "evil" creatures without needing a reason or specific grievance against them; we all know what the sapphire guard was doing, after all. Why should we think that the elves would be any different, especially since V herself has never shown any mercy to or appreciation of "evil" life forms.

I don't think Rich will go for the quick payoff here by making V's husband and kids suddenly hate her. I think it will seem like everything worked out ok for a while before the true price of the bargain becomes apparent (hmm, these entities of unfathomable evil are offering me the ultimate power in return for dominion over my soul for a short period of time. gee, it's a good thing the quest I'm on won't take me near any artifacts, like some kind of gate for example, that could have their power harnessed by these unspeakably evil demons to take over the universe!)

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Liberal_L33t posted:

It was a dragon though, and from what we've seen so far the "good" aligned humanoid races are pretty drat cavalier about slaughtering "evil" creatures without needing a reason or specific grievance against them; we all know what the sapphire guard was doing, after all. Why should we think that the elves would be any different, especially since V herself has never shown any mercy to or appreciation of "evil" life forms.

I don't think Rich will go for the quick payoff here by making V's husband and kids suddenly hate her. I think it will seem like everything worked out ok for a while before the true price of the bargain becomes apparent (hmm, these entities of unfathomable evil are offering me the ultimate power in return for dominion over my soul for a short period of time. gee, it's a good thing the quest I'm on won't take me near any artifacts, like some kind of gate for example, that could have their power harnessed by these unspeakably evil demons to take over the universe!)

Yep, if we don't get the big consequence of V's family renouncing him/her, then I would put good money on an Evil Willow situation where the gang has to take V down to prevent something bad happening with the Snarl. Actually, take that first "if" out - I think we'll definitely see evil V taking on Xykon one-on-one at the very very end of the arc, while everyone except maybe Haley deals with Redcloak/Linear Guild/whatever else comes up in the meantime. And I do think V's family is going to mind the carnage in the short term, since elves tend to be more touchy-feely and in tune with life forces and whatever poo poo, right?

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

CK07 posted:

I do think V's family is going to mind the carnage in the short term, since elves tend to be more touchy-feely and in tune with life forces and whatever poo poo, right?

Right, this. I think V's mate, at the least, is going to turn off.
"You're not the androgyne I life-pacted with!" And so on.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I was going through the archives, and a question arose: do we know who, or what, "Right-Eye" is?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Yea if you have Start of Darkness you know, he's Redcloaks brother'

edit; Seeing the monster-in-the-dark again i'm wondering if V won't go after Xykon only to have to fight it. Could open up a lot of cool opportunities.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Cabbit posted:

So I was going through the archives, and a question arose: do we know who, or what, "Right-Eye" is?

It's in Start of Darkness, Right-Eye is Redcloak's brother.

He only has his right eye see.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

HKR posted:

It's in Start of Darkness, Right-Eye is Redcloak's brother.

He only has his right eye see.

When they hook up with Xykon for the first time is one of the funniest moments in the comic

Yes I know it probably doesn't have to be spoilered but eh..

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm gonna have to pick up Start of Darkness tomorrow when I get my copy of PHB2; I'm missing out on too much stuff, I think.

Mister Burke
Jan 29, 2009

by Ozma
So, Bards come out pretty soon for Fourth Edition and one of the players in my group went all suicidal this week with his thief/wizard just so he could be a bard, apparently. When I asked him why, he said he wants to be a bard like Elan, and I said, you know you'll die real quick if you're that clueless...

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Cabbit posted:

I'm gonna have to pick up Start of Darkness tomorrow when I get my copy of PHB2; I'm missing out on too much stuff, I think.

It's really drat good.

Mister Burke posted:

So, Bards come out pretty soon for Fourth Edition and one of the players in my group went all suicidal this week with his thief/wizard just so he could be a bard, apparently. When I asked him why, he said he wants to be a bard like Elan, and I said, you know you'll die real quick if you're that clueless...

You're a bastard if you won't let someone have that much fun. :mad:

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Mister Burke posted:

The absolute best characters I've played have been insane, drunk or clueless.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Caerulius posted:

The absolute best characters I've played have been insane, drunk or clueless.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/9/5/

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mister Burke posted:

Bard multiclassed with Trickster Rogue, Daring Acrobat Prestige Path... it might just work :aaaaa:

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
There's actually a Rakish Swashbuckler Paragon Path for the Rogue in Martial Power. Taunt your enemies and give them penalties to hit.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
New strip:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Well, so much for my theory of V's family being in further danger.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Burlow sure knows how to do amazing fight scenes.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

drat.

V just cast eight spells in four rounds of Time Stop.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

So V hadn't actually said anything since "Time Stop" for the dragon to hear. I'm guessing that means the dragon could hear the three other voices which is why she screamed "Silence!", so they aren't only in V's head. Which only makes "red light" and "green light" that much funnier.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Bell_ posted:

Well, so much for my theory of V's family being in further danger.

there are pieces of a gargantuan dragon carcass about to hit the ground.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Is a pink dragon a reference to what Bell posted, or an actual type of D&D dragon?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought it would be a cross between a lawful evil and a chaotic evil type, but apparently red and white are both chaotic.

edit - then again, I had no idea what colour it was until you said so, so if it's not only pink, it might be some hideous hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I thought it was just V-colored.