Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curious
Mar 14, 2007

"Hey, I got one of my paperwork guys complaining about DEMON PILES."

FlamingWheelbarrow posted:

Hat baby! The weird flash in Russian with singing and woolen caps floating onto people's heads.

From the description and "hat baby", this sounds like Hatten är din. The singing is actually in arabic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Sizzlechest posted:

Gah! Thank you a million times! Now if I only had RTN on my cable system :(

If your cable company isn't carrying it, you could look here to see if one of your local stations carries it as a sub channel.

FlamingWheelbarrow
Dec 12, 2008

curious posted:

From the description and "hat baby", this sounds like Hatten är din. The singing is actually in arabic.

YEAH that's it! :D Thanks! Sorry for the language mistake, it has been a long time since I've seen it.

sunshinebusride
Jan 11, 2009
every year or so i feebly try to image search for this early "lol i'm in your X, Ying your Z" image, of a terribly polygonal 3D man sitting at an office desk at a computer, with an enourmous grin on his face. at the time it was the funniest thing i'd seen in ages, and can't for the life of me track it down. as i remember (this image must've 'come out' in about 2001 or so) the meme read:

"lol i am in yuour internetz, haxxoring your filez" - with the spelling mistake in your being deliberate. anyways, it was the first of this kind of picture i'd come across, and i really wish i had it on my computer. anyways, no harm in trying, this is probably the place to ask!

sunshinebusride fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 18, 2009

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

sunshinebusride posted:

"lol i am in yuour internetz, haxxoring your filez"

There's almost 600 "I'm in your X, Xing your X" pictures here, but they're 20 to a page, so you can look through them yourself.

sunshinebusride
Jan 11, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

There's almost 600 "I'm in your X, Xing your X" pictures here, but they're 20 to a page, so you can look through them yourself.

haha just got through all 590 and no dice. oh well, it fun anyway :D

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:
You guys didn't get this?
http://macrochan.org/errors/evil.html?tag=Neutral%253AIn%2520your%2520X%2520Xing%2520your%2520X

sunshinebusride
Jan 11, 2009
yeah i just went to the main page and found that tag manually.

McSqueeze
Dec 11, 2008

Like bailing the sea with a creel.
Some years back I found an article on the SA front page called "Internet badass" or something to that effect. I believe it started with a thread where the OP posted a photo of his gun in front of his keyboard to demonstrate how badass he was, and goons started posting similar photos with different "badass" objects such as swiss army knives and scissors in front of their keyboards, turning the whole thing into a mockfest. I've been searching for that article/thread for ages, but I just can't seem to find it. I'm either completely blind or looking in the wrong place.

A Glum Plum
Jan 21, 2008

Come take a ride on my couch of a thousand indulgences!
2 requests here:

1. I remember reading a story (I think it was on Something Awful) about this man who worked at an office with these two guys who decided to bring Nerf rifles to work. This led to a rivalry between the different departments that eventually led to a real gunfight that ended up killing most of the people in the office. I enjoyed the story, and wanted to know about where it came from.

2. There was this thread about this guy bragging about his swords that he bought and how awesome they were, only to have the first reply show that they were all based off of japanese manga shows. Does anyone have a link to this thread? I'm guessing it's in archives by now.

yuk_mistress
May 11, 2007

I'm going crazy guys. I'm looking for a Halo ytmnd. I remember that I saw it linked from SA, and it was the opening halo song. It was a thread that was like "things you can't unsee" or someshit. Anyway, it was the "lyrics" to the Halo theme. Something about mashed potatoes or something. Please help.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
2 things that I haven't been able to find in forever:

1. Kid's Show: the original one that starts with

Q: Where do babies come from?
A: Lebanon.

Seems all references have been pulled off of YouTube.

2. A couple of years ago, everyone was posting image macros that were gifs alternating between the original image and a negative of the image. I think they were rotating, too. If anyone has *any* examples of these, I would be really happy, as I'm trying to figure out how to make a couple myself.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

SexyJonBenet posted:

2. A couple of years ago, everyone was posting image macros that were gifs alternating between the original image and a negative of the image. I think they were rotating, too. If anyone has *any* examples of these, I would be really happy, as I'm trying to figure out how to make a couple myself.

like this? http://www.moillusions.com/2006/04/christopher-walken-illusion.html

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Japanese guy wakes up naked in a windowless apartment. The only thing is a stack of contest entry postcards, which he must mail off and win to get food, clothes, pots & pans, furniture, entertainment,etc.

Please tell me this wasn't some sick dream I had.

SexyJonBenet posted:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=kids+show&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f

Bolkovr fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 24, 2009

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

Bolkovr posted:

Japanese guy wakes up naked in a windowless apartment. The only thing is a stack of contest entry postcards, which he must mail off and win to get food, clothes, pots & pans, furniture, entertainment,etc.

I remember reading about this guy before, probably in an Uncle John's Bathroom Reader.

http://www.quirkyjapan.or.tv/nasubi.html

edit: He's also got a Wikipedia page.

mr_jim fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 24, 2009

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
There was a poster here who had a call-out named ZephMercurial or something like that. She had a few videos on YouTube including one in particular called "Don't Call Me Retarded". Unfortunately she took them down before I got to see them. Did anyone happen to save those?

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

That's it.

There was a link to a spider that was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you both.

BansheeLulu
Jun 27, 2008
When I was little (early 90s) there was an American Gladiators ripoff that used to play on Saturday mornings. It had a vaguely medieval theme. The final challenge was going through some kind of maze and retrieving gold coins. If they didn't collect them fast enough, large cats (mountain lions or something like that) were let go in the maze. I don't know how that really worked, but that was the punishment for running out of time. I swear I'm not making this up, I watched a few episodes of it on more than one day.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

BansheeLulu posted:

When I was little (early 90s) there was an American Gladiators ripoff that used to play on Saturday mornings. It had a vaguely medieval theme. The final challenge was going through some kind of maze and retrieving gold coins. If they didn't collect them fast enough, large cats (mountain lions or something like that) were let go in the maze. I don't know how that really worked, but that was the punishment for running out of time. I swear I'm not making this up, I watched a few episodes of it on more than one day.

Probably some version of Fort Boyard. It definitely involved gold and tigers.

BansheeLulu
Jun 27, 2008

Starno posted:

Probably some version of Fort Boyard. It definitely involved gold and tigers.

:swoon:

YES!! I don't remember it being foreign, but I was young so I probably didn't recognize the dubbing. I guess they never released the tigers :(

yuk_mistress
May 11, 2007

Bolkovr posted:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=kids+show&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f

DENPA SHONEN!!!

You can watch it on hulu!

http://www.hulu.com/denpa-shonen

For english subs you've got to hit the CC button. If you aren't in the US and can't use Hulu, at least you know it existed.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!
I need to recover the files that used to exist on this site: http://web.archive.org/web/19990428191954/http://www.icehouse.net/zodiac/index.html

The only way I can even view the old site (now defunct) is by using the above internet archive to get there.

VERY strange story behind this whole site, but the important part is through sheer luck (or an FOIA employee not paying attention) he was able to get some files about the Jonestown mass suicide that others have not been able to get through numerous FOIA request and he also got them as hard copies rather than a micofiche with 6,000 pages crammed on it.
(The website owner apparently had some serial killer fixation, which included Jim Jones. But in the late 1990's he was investigated for being an actual serial killer due to his co-workers thinking his "hobby" was very odd. He was NOT a killer to my knowledge and cops only focused on him because they were having no luck finding a real serial killer in his town so decided to focus on him - only because of his hobby no other connection. Any way that freaked him out enough to lose interest in the stuff and take down all of his websites with info. and then disappear.)

This may not be the thread for this type of thing but I need some advice on how to access these old files. You'll see by using the wayback machine you can get to a few - but it basically loads blank pages for 80% of the files (and all of the most important ones) I think this maybe because these pages were PDF scans or something - not sure. Any advice?

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\

yuk_mistress posted:

DENPA SHONEN!!!

You can watch it on hulu!

http://www.hulu.com/denpa-shonen

For english subs you've got to hit the CC button. If you aren't in the US and can't use Hulu, at least you know it existed.

I love you. That man is an insane guy!
Exhibit A:

Click here for the full 467x350 image.

Exhibit B:

Click here for the full 468x350 image.

Holy Crusader
Oct 29, 2007
Fear my luncheon meat truncheon!!
I remember this YTMND from a few years ago... the picture was of some sort of pirahna-esque fanged fish and the URL had rlrlrghghg or some permutation of those letters in it. The sound file to it cracked me up every time, and every search I've made for it has been fruitless :(

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Holy Crusader posted:

I remember this YTMND from a few years ago... the picture was of some sort of pirahna-esque fanged fish and the URL had rlrlrghghg or some permutation of those letters in it. The sound file to it cracked me up every time, and every search I've made for it has been fruitless :(

This?
http://yarbgltllgrbaltl.ytmnd.com

Holy Crusader
Oct 29, 2007
Fear my luncheon meat truncheon!!
Oh my god, you found it! You, good goon, are an internet wizard! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying a little. I don't know why I find that stupid YTMND so hilarious.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Holy Crusader posted:

Oh my god, you found it! You, good goon, are an internet wizard! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying a little. I don't know why I find that stupid YTMND so hilarious.

It's a murloc from World of Warcraft.

They even have baby murlocs now. :3:

Hinora
Mar 1, 2009
Squat/Lunge Girl. The girl with the Chun-li like thighs...I cant seem to find her pictures on the net anymore

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

SexyJonBenet posted:

Check out Wonder Showzen on DVD. The pilot episode was "Kid's Show"

Hinora
Mar 1, 2009

A Glum Plum posted:

2 requests here:

1. I remember reading a story (I think it was on Something Awful) about this man who worked at an office with these two guys who decided to bring Nerf rifles to work. This led to a rivalry between the different departments that eventually led to a real gunfight that ended up killing most of the people in the office. I enjoyed the story, and wanted to know about where it came from.

http://rapidshare.com/files/203961054/office.txt.html

That one? I cant really remember to much about how it came about but I do remember seeing it here on SA.

digitalwatchmaker
Dec 11, 2008

I once saw a article about a record player that was made using a a stepper motor
from a diskette drive. I wanted to give it a go myself but I can't find the article anymore.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
Ok, I've been looking forever for this, but if any of you out there can help me, I will figure out a way to send you money.

Conxion was a company way back in the early days of the dot com boom. They were like an Akamai or Limelight; they were most popular for hosting the biggest company's websites (e.g. Microsoft, Symantec, etc.) [Their website was: https://www.conxion.com]

On their webpage was this flash animation that they used for marketing, called "Dial-A-Disaster". It was to show how resilient their network was to faults by incorporating redundancy. For example, at Dial-level 1, a router would die, and it would show the data path being routed around it. 2 was a switch and a router dying - data still finding its target. Finally, at the final level (11 or 12) it shows California breaking off and floating into the Pacific where it proceeds to sink, but the data path is still rerouted to other servers.

It is seriously one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen but I can't find it anywhere. I've looked through the Wayback Machine on archive.org but it seems that it never got a copy of the animation.

Any help would be appreciated.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

digitalwatchmaker posted:

I once saw a article about a record player that was made using a a stepper motor
from a diskette drive. I wanted to give it a go myself but I can't find the article anymore.

This?

digitalwatchmaker
Dec 11, 2008

yes, that is it exactly. been looking for that for quite a bit. thanks!

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

Years and years ago I had this little game that opened up in a little DOS window. ALl it was was little chickens running around on the ground and you dropped cannonballs on top of them and they exploded. It was all very pixel looking type, viewed from the side. Completely 2d.
It was a stupid, completely one dimensional game but I'd blow up little chickens for 15 minutes. It was engrossing.

I don't know that exact game, but if you just need to blow up some chickens I recommend Desktop Destroy.

Barf Hands
Mar 21, 2007

by Peatpot
There was a video of a freestyle rapper in a "Extreme Talent" or some such thread. He was amazing and all I remember was something about a Korean flag. Would love to see it again

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Barf Hands posted:

There was a video of a freestyle rapper in a "Extreme Talent" or some such thread. He was amazing and all I remember was something about a Korean flag. Would love to see it again

Seconding this. I remember someone gave him a South Korean flag and he called it the flag of Japan, and then later on corrected himself, still through the medium of rap. It was amazing.

Edit: found it.

davebees fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 2, 2009

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Hey, i remember there being a thread about lost SA threads that people were looking for but that seems to of gone so i'm appealling here as i don't want to create a whole new thread just for a link.

A couple of years ago someone posted on here a thread about a program(demo?) you can download, along with plug ins, which is a music converter where you can change standard midi sounds into mario sounds.

I've been looking on and off for about a year and i'm not even close.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Hey, i remember there being a thread about lost SA threads that people were looking for but that seems to of gone so i'm appealling here as i don't want to create a whole new thread just for a link.

A couple of years ago someone posted on here a thread about a program(demo?) you can download, along with plug ins, which is a music converter where you can change standard midi sounds into mario sounds.

I've been looking on and off for about a year and i'm not even close.

The Lost SA stuff thread is still kicking. I don't know the music thread to which you are referring, but hopefully you'll have better luck there -- or that someone in this thread will know (I'm looking at you, YouDummy :)).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Invention Pioneers of Note.

An amazing flash animation by the fellows behind How To Kill A Mockingbird. And it seems to have vanished from the internet entirely? Their site is gone and I can't find any mirrors at all. HTKAM is everywhere, but this seems sadly forgotten.

Does anyone know somewhere that has it? Or maybe saved it to their harddrive? I desperately need to see it again.

Edit: A description might help too. It starts out as a sort of normal History Channel sort of thing, and goes through one episode per season of the series, progressively becoming more and more dominated by advertising, liscences, marketing, etc. I just remember not being able to stop laughing as it got progressively 'worse'.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 17, 2009

• Locked thread