Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Man, who's gonna believe this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

That's really infuriating but honestly I guess the only thing we can hope for is that she keeps up with her therapy :(

Bust_Action
Dec 17, 2003
Revolving Phonebooth

Daryl DBD posted:

Here's the norm episode in question:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=mg180z0j5lc

Here's the episode about a week later where Adam brings Kenny Rogers on to ask him about the songs:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=mxpwn8h6o8d

That is the worst file upload/download site I've ever seen.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Bust_Action posted:

That is the worst file upload/download site I've ever seen.

You're welcome!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Malachi Constant posted:

1997-08-11. I can host it if you can't find it. Paulina talks reluctantly and Jordan's asleep in the other room.

edit: my version is only 27 minutes.

Please do. I'd appreciate it.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Daryl DBD posted:

Here's the norm episode in question:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=mg180z0j5lc

Here's the episode about a week later where Adam brings Kenny Rogers on to ask him about the songs:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=mxpwn8h6o8d

edit: decided to listen to these both again... and dear lord is it funny... Kenny is a pretty funny guy
Thanks a lot for this. I deleted all my 2008 shows a while back and then found myself wanting to relisten to the Norm episode. That's absolutely one of the highlights of all three years of Adam's morning show.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I'm listening to the Clive Barker 10-21-2002 episode of Loveline, Barker sounds exactly like I'd expect a horror writer to. Also Barker is pretty funny in his naiveness and breaths pretty heavy. Anyone got the other episodes with him?* They're not up for download on Random Loveline.

*If this is :filez: I don't want them.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The weird thing with Barker is that a lot of his books have some hosed up poo poo in them, and are always very sexual (Check out 'Coldheart Canyon') and yet there's a lot he's really clueless about. He seemed to get on well with Adam and Drew though.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Judakel posted:

Please do. I'd appreciate it.

http://www.malachiconstant.com/SA/Loveline%20-%201997-08-11%20Paulina%20Pinsky.%20Jordan%27s%20asleep.mp3

There ya go.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Can someone explain what the gently caress that 'sucking back snot' thing that DAG always does? He does it like seventeen times an episode 30 seconds each time and every time everybody cracks up.

I just find it really annoying but I don't want to be annoyed by dag :smith:

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Do you mean his snoring thing? I don't remember him ever sucking back snot.

vvvvv - Okay, maybe you mean the puking thing? I guess it's funny because Adam and Drew talk about disgusting stuff and he's really good at making puking noises? i dunno.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 17, 2009

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Roflcopter posted:

Can someone explain what the gently caress that 'sucking back snot' thing that DAG always does? He does it like seventeen times an episode 30 seconds each time and every time everybody cracks up.

I just find it really annoying but I don't want to be annoyed by dag :smith:
..You mean DAGs wretching? When he pretends he's wretching and about to throw up?

Sucking back snot, what the what.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

The Pantheon posted:

..You mean DAGs wretching? When he pretends he's wretching and about to throw up?

Sucking back snot, what the what.

The snoring? the best DAG snoring wasn't even on loveline, it was on TACS when he made Teressa cry.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Adam with Seth MacFarlane on the podcast. I detest Family Guy but really enjoyed the Podcast. I know we've all heard his 9/11 story but I thought it was cool he was just like "At the end of the day, I've missed dozens of Flights because I can't get up in the morning. That was one of them, it could've just as easily been anyone else"

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
I think they both contributed to one of the best notions and explanations of the creative genius' sleeping patterns - harder to get to sleep at night and let the RPM spin-down, harder to get the RPM spinning up in the morning.

I KNEW I WAS BRILLIANT!

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Picked up Dr. Drew's new book, "The Mirror Effect" today. Can't wait to read it!

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah its the snoring stuff. Its just too over the top and drawn out for me to find funny i guess :smith:

and i dunno guys, sucking back snot was the best thing my stoned rear end could come up with.

Roflcopter fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 18, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Has anyone figured out the lisp yet? I don't hear it as often, though I could have just become accustomed to it.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
It's less prominent in the Seth MacFarlane episode. I think it's part of them fixing up the mixing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's been getting better, I agree that it's some sort of recording problem. They were just using headsets before, now that it's huge I imagine they'll get some proper equipment soon.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
The lisping sound is bad enough, but I just listened to the episode with the two gay guys.

Goddamn, it sounds like they were letting the air out of tractor tires the whole episode.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I love Lynn and Alex as much as a straight guy can love a married-gay-dude couple.

As far as Seth MacFarlane goes, I have to do that backhanded compliment thing and say I loving hate Family Guy but I loved this podcast so loving much. He seems like a real smart dude, and he and Adam covered a lot of my feelings on being an atheist.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I was groaning when I saw Lynn and Alex, but they reeled it in a lot compared to their ACS appearances and I actually found it very interesting. All of them have been that way, when Adam gets to just interview people the way he wants to the product is great. I hope he can get in some of the great ACS guests like Ken Burns or Richard Branson.

Kovner
Mar 22, 2003

He LITERALLY grew wings and ascended to heaven where God blessed him with this God-like defense-burning capability.
I started listening to Loveline on Austin station KROX's live stream from time to time. I realized a couple days ago that its not live, though. The station plays the loveline episode from the previous day. Not that big of a deal, but if there's a stream of the live episode, I might as well watch that. Is there? Which station does it play on in LA?
Or do all you guys only listen to archives?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Kovner posted:

Or do all you guys only listen to archives?

I think most people in this thread only listen to the archives anymore.

I think we can all agree that as long as Stryker is putting his stink on the show we may as well consider it off the air.

I stopped listening the day Adam left.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
http://cioffi.cachefly.net/2009.03.18ACP.mp3

Andy Dick tonight. This should be good. Also, I really wish they would start embedding the guests' names in the filenames or metadata.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Seth's version of Stewie catching the touchdown that wins the Superbowl is spectacular:

"And I was a hundred yards away, the ball came lunging at me, I leapt up! Like some kind of exotic marsupial"

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

weas posted:

Great call on the random stream just now, 2004-08-23 1h:21m in. Eric the caller does a hilarious impression of Adam and all his characters for a good 2-3 minutes.

This episode came up in my playlist while I was doing homework and that call had me laughing all the way through it.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Great podcast so far with Andy Dick. Also has the story about Adam eating spent pies used to smack Donny's ex-girlfriends' faces with.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Andy Dick makes a great audience for Adam's stories.

So glad to have Andy as Adam's Wacky Neighbor.

Joop
Jul 15, 2008

Roflcopter posted:

It seems every time I smoke up and listen to an episode of this, the topic of :420: comes up and they always make me feel guilty for smoking :smith:

Which podcast are you referring to here?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm glad that Adam has an extra room for Andy, even if it's all the way over at Andy's apartment. :unsmith:

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

Joop posted:

Which podcast are you referring to here?

He's just talking about random loveline episodes.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I'm trying to download the Tom Arnold episode (latest one) and the files seem to be down. I can't download anything from the site right now.

And Andy Dick was a fantastic guest.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Adam's website is now the first hit for "lineman dike."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Q: "Why does Adam sound like he has a lisp?"
A: He's using a loving lovely headset mic. Hopefully they'll get some decent directional microphones with a pop filter and everything.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Finally listened to the Seth McFarlane episode that guy really is great. "James Woods has an IQ of like 1000 and gets laid like 18 times a day... I don't really know I'm going with that."

Also Gene Kelly tap dancing is on skates is awesome.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Evil Vin posted:

Finally listened to the Seth McFarlane episode that guy really is great. "James Woods has an IQ of like 1000 and gets laid like 18 times a day... I don't really know I'm going with that."

Also Gene Kelly tap dancing is on skates is awesome.

I had the good fortune of getting drunk with Seth once and he really is a pretty cool dude.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I'm feeling one of Adam's points on shrooms, only I'm just blowing spleef.

I'm using a little box in my living room to talk to people all over the planet.

That's bad-rear end.

And it kinda freaks me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Is there a link to the Loveline with the drunk Pennywise(?) dude who Drew punches?

• Locked thread