Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.

Valfar posted:

Can anyone identify the song in this video?

http://www.legit.dk/pages/14.aspx

I'm totally mesmerized...

Never mind, found it http://www.last.fm/music/Pogo/_/Alice

Made almost entirely with sounds from Alice in Wonderland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazoosandthings
Dec 6, 2004

In order to join the pirate crew,
you must prove yourself on the kazoo.
So I'm looking for a tune which I thought was by the Real McKenzies but I may be wrong on account of not being able to find it in their discography! The lyrics I recall are something like "I'm an rear end in a top hat, I'm a loving wanker" and later on "he's an rear end in a top hat, he's a loving wanker" and then maybe "we're all assholes, we're all loving wankers"

Maybe it's arsehole instead of rear end in a top hat?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

kazoosandthings posted:

So I'm looking for a tune which I thought was by the Real McKenzies but I may be wrong on account of not being able to find it in their discography! The lyrics I recall are something like "I'm an rear end in a top hat, I'm a loving wanker" and later on "he's an rear end in a top hat, he's a loving wanker" and then maybe "we're all assholes, we're all loving wankers"

Maybe it's arsehole instead of rear end in a top hat?

ugh. i know this song. i can hear the melody, it's like a marching-band kind of swing thing and the last chorus has a ton of people singing it together like a barroom chant

part of me thinks this is snuff or maybe guns n' wankers?

e: i was right, it's snuff

http://www.last.fm/music/Snuff/_/Arsehole

Freddie Gibbis fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 9, 2009

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

Valfar posted:

Never mind, found it http://www.last.fm/music/Pogo/_/Alice

Made almost entirely with sounds from Alice in Wonderland!

This is amazing!

kazoosandthings
Dec 6, 2004

In order to join the pirate crew,
you must prove yourself on the kazoo.

Lil Raphandz posted:

ugh. i know this song. i can hear the melody, it's like a marching-band kind of swing thing and the last chorus has a ton of people singing it together like a barroom chant

part of me thinks this is snuff or maybe guns n' wankers?

e: i was right, it's snuff

http://www.last.fm/music/Snuff/_/Arsehole

Super-dee-dooper, thank you very much!

Vain
Aug 1, 2005
What's the music playing in the background here,
Sorry about the talking over the top. I think it's from the soundtrack from some historical epic or something, it certainly sounds like it. I'm sure it'll be fairly easy for you classical/soundtrack nerds.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Vain posted:

What's the music playing in the background here,
Sorry about the talking over the top. I think it's from the soundtrack from some historical epic or something, it certainly sounds like it. I'm sure it'll be fairly easy for you classical/soundtrack nerds.
I'm not much of a classical music buff, but that sounds like Gustav Holst - Mars, the Bringer of War from his Planets set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NeQ1h6lzLI

Vain
Aug 1, 2005
Yeah it's the same. Awesome, thanks a lot.

Baja Mofufu
Feb 7, 2004

OK, my coworker tries to look for this song once a week on Google. She says it's a bouncy hip-hop dance song that has something like "cha cha" in the chorus (or at least it's repeated a lot), and one of the lyrics is "playin' cards at the old folks' home." I should say that she's not too sure about the "playin' cards" part, but she's pretty sure it has "[something] at the old folks' home."

Normally I wouldn't ask with such little information, but I've been watching her try to find this song for a year and at this point I would like to put it all behind us (and hear the drat song).

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

supa scoopa posted:

1. Don't Start (Too Late)
2. Embryo

Both are Black Sabbath

Thanks!

Twisted Aristocrat
Feb 1, 2006

by Peatpot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oD6mVutG0U&feature=related

Does anyone know the track used for this video? (It's Japanese or something)

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weok96gwk4E And that one, thanks.

Twisted Aristocrat fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 12, 2009

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Most likely a birdman song where the chorus features that brrrr sound, somewhat high energy. Bunch of dudes rapping about how they killed a guy. What is this song? Pretty sure the video did not feature a single booty girl. I know this is not helpful but I am hoping it is a popular tune.

Echo
Aug 6, 2003

Flunked out of the old skool
Last time I posted in this thread my vague description of a song was answered in a page so I'm hoping this one will be easy too.

Basically I've got this video that supposedly uses all original beats, problem is I've heard the same beat in a different song found here, try to ignore the horrorcore poo poo.

If anyone knows where I can find a copy of just the beat I'd be ecstatic.

Echo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 12, 2009

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Echo posted:

Last time I posted in this thread my vague description of a song was answered in a page so I'm hoping this one will be easy too.

Basically I've got this video that supposedly uses all original beats, problem is I've heard the same beat in a different song found here, try to ignore the horrorcore poo poo.

I don't know about the actual beat (drums) but the rest of that is the Tales from the Crypt theme.

edit: and I just noticed that the song is called 'Tales from the Crypt'...so you probably already knew that.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Echo posted:

That sample is just a straight-up jack from the Tales From The Crypt theme song, they didn't flip it or anything, it's just the Tales From The Crypt theme laid over some No Limit double-time hi hat drums.

But yeah, as far as I can tell, that's an "original track" so if you're looking for the instrumental you're going to want to search around for the artists in that video. Have fun diving down the rabbit-hole of juggalo-dom.

e: beat but yeah it also sounds like they sampled the same 'sonar ping' that shows up in 'population control' by company flow too unless that's in the original tales theme as well

Echo
Aug 6, 2003

Flunked out of the old skool

Lil Raphandz posted:

That sample is just a straight-up jack from the Tales From The Crypt theme song, they didn't flip it or anything, it's just the Tales From The Crypt theme laid over some No Limit double-time hi hat drums.

But yeah, as far as I can tell, that's an "original track" so if you're looking for the instrumental you're going to want to search around for the artists in that video. Have fun diving down the rabbit-hole of juggalo-dom.

e: beat but yeah it also sounds like they sampled the same 'sonar ping' that shows up in 'population control' by company flow too unless that's in the original tales theme as well

26:34 in this video is where I originally heard it, that juggalo track is the only thing I could find in I imagine 10 hours or so I've dedicated to finding that beat.

Thanks for the help though, I'll probably just end up ordering that DVD and ripping the audio from that section.

Echo fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 13, 2009

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Not really a song, but a line that might be a) a human league song b) a human league album name or c) some quote loosely connected to them. I spent the last hour trying to google it, but found nada.

It's something like "I don't care about your feelings if you care about mine" or "You care but I don't". It's tricky and clever, kinda like "Je t'aime moi non plus". Saw it on an image someone used on his myspace-page, can't find it anymore.

Halfsharkalligator
Dec 11, 2007

come on feet, cruise for me
come on feet, come on run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noqOwBMbe-k
Anybody know what the song in this video is

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby
I saw a video on YouTube a long, long time ago. It was a live, acoustic version of some pop band (think Boys Like Girls or something similar). There were only two guys and it looked like it was in a park in some city.

Anyway, I only vaguely remember the first verse the guy was singing and it's something similar to "Don't/Think of me now" or "Don't/Look at me now". It was such a catchy loving song, but I haven't been able to find it since then. Anyone have any idea as to what the band or song is?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
This is a simple, but apparently impossible one.

The song is "Java". At least, the tune is. The problem is, there is a female singer and there are vocals. I know for certain that the lyrics to one of the verses start:

"So you finally got there/but you had to spend the dime/that you saved, that you saved/for the java-drinking time."

Any search for these lyrics in google, however, is a null set. The song sounds fairly contemporary to the Allan Toussaint version, rather than the Al Hirt version. I only heard it once, but it brought to mind a 50's club performance.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDqOwS9D7s This version maybe?

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*
I heard this song on I think what was the college rock station on satellite. Indie rock, with the main hook sounding like the theme from Inspector Gadget. Couldn't really make out lyric as I was too busy focusing on work. I asked a friend and they said it was Beirut, but after checking them it sounds nothing alike.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDqOwS9D7s This version maybe?

Holy... poo poo!!

Thank you, thank you! I've really been thinking about this for 10 years.

EDIT: 60's song... but I was right about her being blonde!

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 16, 2009

Goky
Jan 11, 2005
Goky is like Goku only more kawaii ^____^
Back in the mid-90's, when I was a young lad, there was an all girl band (or was it just a female lead singer?) that had a pretty catchy song. I don't remember anything about the song, but the music video consisted of them in the middle of a roller skating rink, rocking out. I think there may have been roller derby involved.

In my mind, I think that this video was in rotation around the same time that "Interstate Love Song" by STP was commonly played. I have a tendency to mix memories together that actually occured years apart, so I don't know.

Anyways, anyone have any idea? I think I've even heard it on alternative radio stations within the past few years, so it's certainly not terribly obscure.

Goky fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 18, 2009

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

Goky posted:

Back in the mid-90's, when I was a young lad, there was an all girl band (or was it just a female lead singer?) that had a pretty catchy song. I don't remember anything about the song, but the music video consisted of them in the middle of a roller skating rink, rocking out. I think there may have been roller derby involved.

In my mind, I think that this video was in rotation around the same time that "Interstate Love Song" by STP was commonly played. I have a tendency to mix memories together that actually occured years apart, so I don't know.

Anyways, anyone have any idea? I think I've even heard it on alternative radio stations within the past few years, so it's certainly not terribly obscure.

I couldn't find any roller rink videos, but you may want to look into Veruca Salt, Elastica, or Garbage. Those were pretty huge alternative bands from that time with female singers.

Johnny Future fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 18, 2009

Goky
Jan 11, 2005
Goky is like Goku only more kawaii ^____^

Johnny Future posted:

I couldn't find any roller rink videos, but you may want to look into Veruca Salt, Elastica, or Garbage. Those were pretty huge alternative bands from that time with female singers.

It wasn't those (I'm familiar with 2/3 of them), but I found the song I was looking for by following youtube links from Elastica. Oddly enough, the video I was thinking of was "Here" by Lucious Jackson. However, that isn't the song I was thinking of at all--the song I was looking for was "Ready to Go" by Republica.

Here's both of them, in case anyone wants to bring back some 90's memories. These songs aren't really as good as I had remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYCx8Sejk0k&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pmwhd_MfA

Thanks for the help!

Goky fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 18, 2009

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Looking for a song by RJD2 and some MC/Rapper. It was back in 2006-2007 and the rapper/MC was a larger middle eastern looking guy. They played it while I worked at American Eagle and I never caught the name, anyone have an idea?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

bagmonkey posted:

Looking for a song by RJD2 and some MC/Rapper. It was back in 2006-2007 and the rapper/MC was a larger middle eastern looking guy. They played it while I worked at American Eagle and I never caught the name, anyone have an idea?

maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793EXCQ8zJc

lb is definitely a larger guy and i guess you could mistake him for being middle-eastern instead of half-japanese

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

I don't remember who or when this was, but someone in this thread asked about the music from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbq7dsqj2CY

I got an email from youtube saying a new comment had been posted and the song is Chris Jones - Long After You're Gone

it's on this album: http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SFCD6020

So hopefully whoever asked will stumble in here and see this!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I've heard this song a couple times while I'm at work, but it only got stuck in my head until after the fact- it's a rock song, pretty sure it's from the 70's- the only parts I can remember about it are that it kind of builds up, the instruments drop out except for some synthy stuff, the singer sings either "lights oooooout" or "lights dooooooown" and then it breaks into the chorus- which sounds like either "OON BROOOooooOOADWAY" or "AAAAMOOOooooOOORE" but evidently it's neither.

I'll be able to rest in peace if I know what this fuckin' song is.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I've heard this song a couple times while I'm at work, but it only got stuck in my head until after the fact- it's a rock song, pretty sure it's from the 70's- the only parts I can remember about it are that it kind of builds up, the instruments drop out except for some synthy stuff, the singer sings either "lights oooooout" or "lights dooooooown" and then it breaks into the chorus- which sounds like either "OON BROOOooooOOADWAY" or "AAAAMOOOooooOOORE" but evidently it's neither.

I'll be able to rest in peace if I know what this fuckin' song is.

Sounds like Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway or maybe the Bee Gee's Nights on Broadway

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Sounds like Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Thanks so much, this is it!

The Bee Gees one was the only song I could find with the "On broadway" lyric for some reason, but it wasn't the song.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I'm looking for a song called "The Zouave who Turned a Blind Ear".

However, it isn't the techno song sort of deal by Muslimgauze. I googled and that one was easy to find.

It's French, kind of marchy and has lyrics.

As far as I can remember the first world in the lyrics is j'mapel or however you say "my name is" but my French is terrible so I don't really know.

I listed to it way back in the day because it had Zouave in the title and i have no idea where it is from/who sang it/who wrote it/what it is about. It's been bugging me ever since.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
Searching the Google for 'zouave je m'appelle' leads to a song called Le Zouave Du Pont De L'alma (which doesn't translate to your title) by a guy named Claude Lemesle, the first line of which is "Je m'appelle Octave". The only sample I found is a cover by a guy named Serge Reggiani, and kind of a goofy sounding one at that, so I don't know if that's it, but here's a link anyway.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lil Raphandz posted:

maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793EXCQ8zJc

lb is definitely a larger guy and i guess you could mistake him for being middle-eastern instead of half-japanese

thats ace, thats the song! thanks man :)

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Alrighty, I think I've got a challenging one here.

This song popped into my head on the way to work today and I can remember it for the life of me.

All I can remember is that the lead singer has an airy, feminine voice (It's a man). And at key points he yells something that sounds like "Suuuuunshiiine" Fairly fast tempo as I recall.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Travic posted:

Alrighty, I think I've got a challenging one here.

This song popped into my head on the way to work today and I can remember it for the life of me.

All I can remember is that the lead singer has an airy, feminine voice (It's a man). And at key points he yells something that sounds like "Suuuuunshiiine" Fairly fast tempo as I recall.

First two things that come to my mind:

Cassius - Sound of Violence

Dance Nation - Sunshine

Both 90's/early 2000's poppy dance hits. Sound of Violence is a classic though. :)

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Rivfader posted:

First two things that come to my mind:

Cassius - Sound of Violence

Dance Nation - Sunshine

Both 90's/early 2000's poppy dance hits. Sound of Violence is a classic though. :)

Sorry that's not it. It's an alternative song.

That Sound of Violence was a very cool video though.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Velocirocktor posted:

Searching the Google for 'zouave je m'appelle' leads to a song called Le Zouave Du Pont De L'alma (which doesn't translate to your title) by a guy named Claude Lemesle, the first line of which is "Je m'appelle Octave". The only sample I found is a cover by a guy named Serge Reggiani, and kind of a goofy sounding one at that, so I don't know if that's it, but here's a link anyway.

That would, in fact, be the one I was thinking of. It's as goofy as I remember.

Thanks a bunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

Travic posted:

Sorry that's not it. It's an alternative song.

"Outshined" by Soundgarden? "Steal My Sunshine" by Len?