Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Tom Arnold was a fun guest. I knew Roseanne was crazy but I didn't know she was THAT crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Is there a link to the Loveline with the drunk Pennywise(?) dude who Drew punches?

I don't think Drew ever punched him. The lead singer just got really drunk and tried to chase Drew down to vomit on him, to which Drew climbed on a file cabinet and tried to push him away. This was pre-Adam. When Adam was there, the same guy got too drunk again, blocked the studio door claiming he was going to poo poo on Adam and eventually said no one could leave because he had a grenade. Cops were called and everything finally cooled down.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
No, no. Drew punched Fletcher right on top of the head in order to get him to stop vomiting on him so he could scurry up a cabinet.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007

TheDingo posted:

I don't think Drew ever punched him. The lead singer just got really drunk and tried to chase Drew down to vomit on him, to which Drew climbed on a file cabinet and tried to push him away. This was pre-Adam. When Adam was there, the same guy got too drunk again, blocked the studio door claiming he was going to poo poo on Adam and eventually said no one could leave because he had a grenade. Cops were called and everything finally cooled down.

I've been trying to search for that episode for a long long time. Are there any known recordings of this? was it before people started to save shows?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Alexandr posted:

No, no. Drew punched Fletcher right on top of the head in order to get him to stop vomiting on him so he could scurry up a cabinet.

Hahaha, my mistake.

Twobits posted:

I've been trying to search for that episode for a long long time. Are there any known recordings of this? was it before people started to save shows?

I've never seen a recording of the whole show because it was quite a long time ago (and pre-Adam), but they replayed the whole event completely at the top of the show when Pennywise returned with Adam. That whole episode is crazy. The entire show, Fletcher is getting more crazy and heckling Adam about what he is going to do to him to make things even with Dr Drew. Adam starts getting clearly wierded out by it as the show goes on.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Pennywise throwing up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdAkEdczikw

Crump Rocknubs
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe grind on some shit.
Hearing him go on about poo poo city during his return visit sent actual shivers down my spine. Didn't he bring a trophy full of puke that had been laminated or something as a peace offering?

On a lighter note, I like that the cabinet Drew climbed in his bid to avoid a watery grave had been built by Adam during his carpenter days.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Are him and Jimmy in a drat bathroom doing this one? Jesus.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CaptainJuan posted:

No kidding. I've heard clearer dialogue over TF2.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

CaptainJuan posted:

Mike Cioffi posted:

there was an error in recording involving a different computer and that computer's internal mic.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

JGdmn posted:

On the negative side, the laptop's internal mic sounds like they're in a can.

On the plus side, they don't have a lisp.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I liked how Adam admitted that he was halfassing the radio show in the Seth podcast.

Iceman
Aug 23, 2003

I understand that Donny is one of Adam's friends, but he is loving horrible at his job. Adam needs to get someone that knows what they are doing. The technical quality of the podcasts thus far has been loving abysmal.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The quality of the podcasts are like that for two reasons: Adam's going for some "pirate" feel and they're using some lovely headsets. If they had a decent setup (real microphones with pop filters and real mixing equipment), it'd be a different story.

Oh, technical. Donny probably knows the best since he appears to have a job in an editing bay. Mike C seems to know just enough to get himself in trouble, and I think Donny's the same way.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

EnsGDT posted:

Pennywise throwing up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdAkEdczikw

Wow what a loving prick 'Hyuck, Hyuck, legendary' I don't know how they could have invited him back.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I saw this ad on MySpace:

http://www.lovelinedirect.com/

I'm thinking about ordering this...

Has anyone tried it?

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn

Jubs posted:

I saw this ad on MySpace:

http://www.lovelinedirect.com/

I'm thinking about ordering this...

Has anyone tried it?
What an rear end in a top hat. If somebody actually buys that I hope they just torrent it. I wonder if he actually has any recordings that aren't already available? He doesn't even list which ones he has, and it's not nearly as hard to find episodes as he makes it out to be.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

frobert blamble posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. If somebody actually buys that I hope they just torrent it. I wonder if he actually has any recordings that aren't already available.

Yeah, jesus christ, $40? I could understand something like $10 which amounts to the price of a DVD, cost of shipping and a little bit for the actual effort of burning a CD but $40 is ridiculous.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Yeah, jesus christ, $40? I could understand something like $10 which amounts to the price of a DVD, cost of shipping and a little bit for the actual effort of burning a CD but $40 is ridiculous.

Yeah, I'd pay 20 bucks for that shipped, to cover materials and a little extra since he went to the trouble of rounding them all up like that, but he's really ripping people off with that 40 dollar charge. If you want the episodes that badly, buy yourself 10 blank discs for 30 cents apiece and a cheap Usenet subscription. You'll probably end up with more episodes for about 1/5 the price, and you don't have to support some rear end in a top hat looking to profit off the Archive being shut down.

If the Archive got shut down for providing all of that for free, I can't wait to see how quickly that guy gets hit with a lawsuit for the equivalent of selling bootleg tapes.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Phone posted:

I liked how Adam admitted that he was halfassing the radio show in the Seth podcast.

To me, he always sounded more animated during loveline as opposed to the morning show.

By the way, does anyone know any episodes which feature Engineer Chris prominently? Every time Adam and Drew interact with him it cracks me up.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
The loveline quote archive in the OP is down (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/7133/) is there a copy of it anywhere?

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
I'm looking for the date of a specific TACS episode, the one wherein Adam goes ballistic about not being able to play a clip of John McCain accidentally saying 'oval office' or something. Anyone know what that might be?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
That happened on the 21-22nd (mccain saying it) so probably the next days show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The last thing I expected to hear on this (or any) podcast may have been Jimmy Kimmel reading 'Where the Wild Things Are'..but that is exactly what happened, and it was amazing. Calling the kid a dick had me in stitches.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

The last thing I expected to hear on this (or any) podcast may have been Jimmy Kimmel reading 'Where the Wild Things Are'..but that is exactly what happened, and it was amazing. Calling the kid a dick had me in stitches.

Yeah, I'm really digging the podcast more and more. Carolla has managed to bring in entertaining celebrities and by just hanging out at his house and have a couple of drinks, the show is more of a friendly and personal conversation than bringing in folks to hock their products and them feeling the need to be some boisterous character to get attention. The whole underground feeling makes them more comfortable so you get interesting insights like the Andy Dick or Tom Arnold interviews, with the kind of stuff they wouldn't share on Conan. Seth McFarland was almost like Inside the Actor's studio, but not pompous and with booze and swearing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

The part about the elephants trying to escape with their piss made me laugh so hard the neighborhood must think I';m mental. Oh my God.

Pyroblaze
Oct 25, 2004

Diatom.
Does anyone know the source of the "Dude, you beat off?" drop? I'm trying to figure out who it is, the voice is familiar and its driving me nuts.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

That happened on the 21-22nd (mccain saying it) so probably the next days show.

Do you know which month?

Also, 2004-11-01 is wonderful. Adam's best political rants

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet
The Norm MacDonald thread brought up an episode of TACS (or perhaps loveline, I don't know) where Norm was on and telling a story about how he screwed his friend's wife in the rear end while watching the friend mow his lawn.
Anyway, wondering if anyone knew what the airdate on that was.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

Ghost Captain posted:

The Norm MacDonald thread brought up an episode of TACS (or perhaps loveline, I don't know) where Norm was on and telling a story about how he screwed his friend's wife in the rear end while watching the friend mow his lawn.
Anyway, wondering if anyone knew what the airdate on that was.

It's linked within the last few pages. That episode also has Norm and Adam breaking down some Kenny Rogers songs involving a paralyzed war vet whose wife is cheating on him, and a timid guy who's girlfriend gets gang raped. I was listening while working the night shift the other night, and spent about 30 minutes weeping and struggling to breathe because I was laughing so hard.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet

Watommi posted:

It's linked within the last few pages. That episode also has Norm and Adam breaking down some Kenny Rogers songs involving a paralyzed war vet whose wife is cheating on him, and a timid guy who's girlfriend gets gang raped. I was listening while working the night shift the other night, and spent about 30 minutes weeping and struggling to breathe because I was laughing so hard.

Hey, thanks. I wasn't expecting that episode to be mentioned so recently.

Randul
May 31, 2003

Pyroblaze posted:

Does anyone know the source of the "Dude, you beat off?" drop? I'm trying to figure out who it is, the voice is familiar and its driving me nuts.

I thought it was taken from one of the shows when Incubus was the guest.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Do you know which month?

Oops, oct 2008.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
1:20! Nice!

Just About Done
May 26, 2007

Should I go with the full gas or half gas? Full gas.

Randul posted:

I thought it was taken from one of the shows when Incubus was the guest.

I have no factual basis for this as I haven't heard the source episode, but I always assumed it was Tommy Lee.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else not have iTunes update the podcast? I downloaded it manually from the site instead.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

UltraRed posted:

Did anyone else not have iTunes update the podcast? I downloaded it manually from the site instead.

I have a Zune, so I just use the rss feed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

JGdmn posted:

I have a Zune, so I just use the rss feed.

Yeah, they were late with the iTunes update. It's up this morning though.

adisca
May 6, 2003

Young Turks
Bill Simmons is a pretty awesome guest. He really forces Adam to be on his game. How awesome was the made-up movie? I'd like to see Simmons on more often so he can keep being like "umm yeah I know we're running out of time, but we can't stop until you do a made-up movie!" or "we have to talk about Field of Dreams." Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

quote:

2009.03.24ACP.mp3.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

This message has become my life. What the gently caress? I've had no trouble until yesterday, but resuming worked then... today's podcast is simply impossible to download, I've tried dozens of times. It always fails with that message. Is it their problem or mine?

• Locked thread