Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Das Volk posted:

That was my complaint about the R model volvos, the S60R I drove was fast but numbed out and didn't really feel like anything.

That is my one complaint, it is numb -- well that and it can't turn for poo poo. Still a pleasure and goes when it needs to.

Hi P2 R buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Tremek posted:

How reliable has it been? I know that's been a major complaint against the '05-'07 V70Rs, which sucks. :( I wanted to get one for my wife but have been otherwise turned off of their reputation.
Well I've had it for 2 months and it's been almost perfect. It's a used car, so I don't know how nicely the PO treated it. It's got a small coolant leak and sometimes the CD changer won't eject a disc. I have the CPO Volvo warranty to fix most stuff.

The shifter is a little loose and a little notchy. It's not perfect, but the car isn't a sports car, I think of it more as a grand touring car. I'm happy.

edit: but it can't turn for poo poo.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

2002 Corvette Coupe

-P1SC ProCharger
-Large Front Mounted Intercooler
-ECS bracket
-Headers/no cats
-Z06 Titanium cat-back with A&A mod
-RPM Built 4L60 Transmission & 3.42 rear carrier with hardened output shafts
-Vigilante Torque Converter, stalls to 3200 rpm
-Large Transmission cooler with dedicated fan
-Other minor stuff

Lots of nice rides guys. :cheers:

Boosted_C5 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 21, 2009

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
^ what are you putting down in HP/TQ

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

turnerburna posted:

^ what are you putting down in HP/TQ

~500rwhp & 460ft/lb

No printout. Just a mild, low boost setup until I go forged on the bottom end one day.

Didn't even replace the transmission/driveline at first. Figured stock run-flats, stock converter, stock 2.73 gears, and taking it easy would keep the tranny alive. Somehow the transmission broke 4 months after the blower install. :D As long as I had to replace the transmission, explained to the wife I might as well replace the converter and rear too. :D

Gonna stay like this for a while with our current situation. Someday....

Boosted_C5 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 21, 2009

Chef Brian
Jul 20, 2004

HAY KB THANKS FOR BUYING ME MY ACCOUNT! I THINK THIS IS AN APPROPRIATE WAY TO THANK YOU! -A-ARSE

Boosted_C5 posted:

Lots of nice rides guys. :cheers:

Have you posted this before? Isn't your air intake behind the panel for the front license plate?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Chef Brian posted:

Have you posted this before? Isn't your air intake behind the panel for the front license plate?

It would seem that way.

Boosted_C5 posted:

-Large Front Mounted Intercooler

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Parabellum posted:

Well he was on the right track but its a air pressure equation, the cowl takes advantage of differences in atmospheric pressure to draw air in, similar to how a aircraft wing manipulates air pressure to make lift.
Then I am to believe that atmosphere under the hood is less dense than air above the hood? With the head around the block, this seems counterintuitive. :/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

xopher.white posted:

Then I am to believe that atmosphere under the hood is less dense than air above the hood? With the head around the block, this seems counterintuitive. :/

I think there's negative pressure under the hood, or at least less than the air flowing over a car at speed. NASCAR's use a housing under the hood with an inlet at the back that is connected to a vent on the outside.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Cowls are used more for clearance issues anyway.

Kjata
Jan 16, 2006
My 1995 Vauxhall (Opel) Calibra.

Inline 4 GM Ecotec 2.0 16v engine, around 136bhp stock.

Mods are 4-2-1 manifold with cat-back custom 2.5" exhaust, pipercross airfilter and 17" tsw with kumho/toyo rubber. If it passes MOT next week (UK test for condition and safety of car) I plan to get a 40mm suspension drop, sort the arch/bonnet/sill rust and get my skirt extensions and boot spoiler on.

Kjata fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 21, 2009

P.B. and J.
May 11, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
2009 Mazdaspeed 3; mine as of yesterday. I'm in love. :love:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

xopher.white posted:

I thought the logic was that the air packed against the base of the windshield was higher pressure, so instead of just sending all of it up and over the car, some goes down into the engine.

markdown
Jan 14, 2008
2 baristas, one drink.

1998 Volvo s70 t5M
Manual Conversion
Koni Yellows
1.75" drop springs
Enough little upgrade parts on it to make a difference

The interior is two tone black/tan
Has a burburry Headliner
two 15 year old subwoofers lol.

Telven
Mar 4, 2001

IL2 Fanboy
My (wife's) 3.4L gasket eating 2003 Pontiac minivan. It really hasn't given me any serious problems (knock on wood) other than some crappy ABS wiring and a broken glove box. It handles like a pregnant yak, but for some mysterious reason I like the drat thing. Perhaps its because it can haul 4 kids, two adults and once I folded all the seats down I could haul more poo poo around than my old Chevy S-10. That pic is the last day I owned that pickup, it was a sad day that I had to get rid of it for kids.

And my 1999 Jeep Cherokee. This is my absolute most favorite vehicle. Its simple, cheap to fix and full of torque. The only way you can get a Cherokee owner to get rid of their Jeep is when you pry them from their cold, rusty, dead hands :colbert:

Telven fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 22, 2009

pete0r
Oct 6, 2003
me

markdown posted:

1998 Volvo s70 t5M
Manual Conversion
Koni Yellows
1.75" drop springs
Enough little upgrade parts on it to make a difference

The interior is two tone black/tan
Has a burburry Headliner
two 15 year old subwoofers lol.

Awesome moose stickers. Those wheels aren't the ones that came standard with the s70, right? I think those are 850 turbo wheels.

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul

08 Altima Coupe. I'm that aggressive driver from the other thread.

Tanabe exhaust

I took this off and reverted to stock.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
I'm the rear end in a top hat driver that Weissbier has recently replaced.

Even when it's wobbling through turns I love it. Also I need to buy a camera that isn't inside a phone.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Weissbier posted:

I took this off and reverted to stock.

why?

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul

turnerburna posted:

why?

The engine bay doesn't have room for a true CAI, and with the heat in TX, the butt dyno returned a negative reading.

Everyone swore up and down about improved engine tone (true) and peppier response (I just didn't see it). I think it performed better with the stock intake myself.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

Diesel
Dec 10, 2002

More than meets the eye
/\/\/\/\ Whats up Ranger buddy.

Just got this a couple weeks ago. Its an 02 Ranger, and its so much nicer than my 95 S-10.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

joe87653
Jul 9, 2002
I was several months and 10k into a restore for an 80s benz (560SEL) but got hit by a DUI driver :( (collision was at about 30 MPH)

Here are the current rides:
(images are down now)

I've had the 2001 SL500 for a few years and just got the new 2009 C300 on Saturday to replace the 560SEL.

joe87653 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 1, 2011

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
I absolutely love the look of the new C300s. Nice looking car.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

2002 Volkswagen GTI, VR6.
I have done quite a bit of work on the suspension and interior. Engine work will come much later.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Here's my '65 Galaxie, daily driver. Drove it last summer from Florida out here to Texas after it had sat for almost 5 years.

Pictures taken in the rain so it looks better than normal since it disguises the clear-coat failure.

I keep forgetting to put that rear hubcap on but I think I'll probably get new wheels soon. Tinting is in bad shape, too.

Rust coming through on the rear bumper, time for re-chroming, and someone decided to stand on the right pipe so it's bent.

It has a 302 in it, not stock but runs great.
Needs front suspension work and cosmetics but has been very reliable since I bought it in 1989.

BartDude
Nov 4, 2004

We are happy, we are merry. We've got a rhyming dictionary!

I had to take the German plate off once it hit the States, unfortunately.

Prylex3
Apr 22, 2003

dayman posted:

Just joined because I love reading AI. Here's my ride:

2001 Impreza RS filled with Ver. 7 STi goodness.

Is that a RB5 wing? If so, what up RB5 buddy!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MattO posted:

Here's my '65 Galaxie, daily driver. Drove it last summer from Florida out here to Texas after it had sat for almost 5 years.

Awesome ride, I love those 60s bigass coupes.

BartDude posted:

I had to take the German plate off once it hit the States, unfortunately.

M5, I presume?

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Unless they can build an M5 with a lot of option deletes, it's normal 5-series.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

KozmoNaut posted:

M5, I presume?

Definitely not an M5, looks like a 528i. Crazy thing about the 528i is that it actually weighs LESS than the 335i sedan by about 100lbs.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I liked how my ride looked in front of these fruit trees where I stopped.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Accordinspire
Nov 12, 2003
Freakin N00b

Psylocibe posted:

I liked how my ride looked in front of these fruit trees where I stopped.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

I personally like how low your ride is. thumbs up to that

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

MattO posted:

Pictures taken in the rain so it looks better than normal since it disguises the clear-coat failure.

I keep forgetting to put that rear hubcap on but I think I'll probably get new wheels soon. Tinting is in bad shape, too.

Rust coming through on the rear bumper, time for re-chroming, and someone decided to stand on the right pipe so it's bent.

It has a 302 in it, not stock but runs great.
Needs front suspension work and cosmetics but has been very reliable since I bought it in 1989.

This is the exact generation of Ford Galaxie I am looking for! I looked at a 1964 4 door hardtop, but it wasn't in hot shape. Is there anything I should look out for with these old beasts? It would be daily driven.

Sorry to derail... I just love these old Fords!

P.B. and J.
May 11, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ynotony posted:

Definitely not an M5, looks like a 528i. Crazy thing about the 528i is that it actually weighs LESS than the 335i sedan by about 100lbs.

535xi :eng101:

BartDude
Nov 4, 2004

We are happy, we are merry. We've got a rhyming dictionary!

KozmoNaut posted:

M5, I presume?

535xi. I picked it up at the BMW Welt on the European Delivery program, drove it for 4 days in Germany and Austria, and dropped it back with BMW. It arrived at my local dealer 6 weeks later.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

DiscoDickTease posted:

This is the exact generation of Ford Galaxie I am looking for! I looked at a 1964 4 door hardtop, but it wasn't in hot shape. Is there anything I should look out for with these old beasts? It would be daily driven.

Sorry to derail... I just love these old Fords!

2 door convertibles are pretty sweet. I had a friend that had an XL like the red 65 shown on wikipedia. That thing hauled rear end. It had pushrods as long as my forearm.

I think I like the look of the 64 better than the 65-67, but they all rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Galaxie

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got my custom plates in today.

sl0hburn
Aug 3, 2006

I think fast track driving is a little like playing the bagpipes, you know, a gentleman can - but doesn't.

Psylocibe posted:

I got my custom plates in today.

Low on oil?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sl0hburn posted:

Low on oil?

:whatup:

Edit: One more for whoring this out.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Psylocibe posted:

I love this car. Didn't you get it for a steal? Can you find me one?