Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.
I can't remember the name of that pop song that is filled with a bunch of internet slang like OMG and LOL. I think it was by some little kid boy band type group/person, and the lyrics were embarrassingly bad. I brought it up to a friend and we couldn't remember who or what the name of it was.

It was full of stuff like BRB and AFK and internet romancing, it was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisted Aristocrat
Feb 1, 2006

by Peatpot
I'm looking for a madlib tune. It has the same sample used at 3:28-3:40 in this track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytxkJUM_7U
Along with the same sesame street kind of voice thing going on from about 2:23 onwards. Please help!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Jack Does Jihad posted:

I can't remember the name of that pop song that is filled with a bunch of internet slang like OMG and LOL. I think it was by some little kid boy band type group/person, and the lyrics were embarrassingly bad. I brought it up to a friend and we couldn't remember who or what the name of it was.

Nicky Cleary - IM Me?

Caerus
Sep 23, 2003

Hold aces!
Can someone tell me what the name of this famous piece is? I can't believe I don't remember it.

My fruityloops version sounds rather horrible, but hopefully you get the idea.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Caerus posted:

Can someone tell me what the name of this famous piece is? I can't believe I don't remember it.

My fruityloops version sounds rather horrible, but hopefully you get the idea.

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky.

Caerus
Sep 23, 2003

Hold aces!

Starno posted:

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky.

Thank you so much! :)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ3ZRmkmy4 for those who want to listen to it.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

horn_ posted:

I'm looking for a madlib tune. It has the same sample used at 3:28-3:40 in this track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytxkJUM_7U
Along with the same sesame street kind of voice thing going on from about 2:23 onwards. Please help!

Quasimoto - Greenery

e: argh it looks like sep answered it in his gassed thread. i knew it too tho.

YO MAMA HEAD fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 20, 2009

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Jack Does Jihad posted:

It might have been Less Than Three by Becky, too.

God, don't ask me how I know that.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
THE DOORS FANS! Help! Chem prof has given us a bonus question on our upcoming test...the question... What song from The Doors references Avogadros number (6.02 x 10^23)?

Right now I'm more annoyed at not being able to find the answer rather than not getting those extra test points. Googles failing me and I've skimmed through all of their song lyrics I think.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

Travic posted:

Alrighty, I think I've got a challenging one here.

This song popped into my head on the way to work today and I can remember it for the life of me.

All I can remember is that the lead singer has an airy, feminine voice (It's a man). And at key points he yells something that sounds like "Suuuuunshiiine" Fairly fast tempo as I recall.

Starlight - Muse?

Not so sure about the airy feminine voice but his voice gets pretty high in some songs.

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
There's a Jewish rapper. I can't remember his name, but I don't think it was propaghandi. He's well known for being able to have huge words feerattled into his songs.

I think the name sounds like Bodhisattva.

Not even looking for the name of his songs, just his name.

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

AfroSpatula posted:

There's a Jewish rapper. I can't remember his name, but I don't think it was propaghandi. He's well known for being able to have huge words feerattled into his songs.

I think the name sounds like Bodhisattva.

Not even looking for the name of his songs, just his name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matisyahu

ToastedBread
Sep 15, 2008

Travic posted:

Alrighty, I think I've got a challenging one here.

This song popped into my head on the way to work today and I can remember it for the life of me.

All I can remember is that the lead singer has an airy, feminine voice (It's a man). And at key points he yells something that sounds like "Suuuuunshiiine" Fairly fast tempo as I recall.

I'm going with Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups on that one. The voice is very feminine and I think he does yell that at one point. I'm almost positive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8

Edit: Link added.

ToastedBread fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 22, 2009

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

ToastedBread posted:

I'm going with Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups on that one. The voice is very feminine and I think he does yell that at one point. I'm almost positive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8

Edit: Link added.

BINGO! Ahh that was driving me insane.

KevinHeaven
Aug 26, 2008

I run the voodoo down
I'm looking for the name of this angerfist song, some of the lyrics i remember go something like this "how does it feel to wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and realize you're just a ho."

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Not certain, but the Youtube video for "Foolz of War" had those lines posted in the comments (maybe quoting the lyrics)?

"i've got a question for you, how does it feel to wake up every morning and look at the mirrow and realise that youre a loving hole" (sic, sic, sic... yikes)

I know the song, but can't find the version. Stereo Total has a song called "Musique Automatique," but the version on the album has English lyrics; I'm trying to find it with the French lyrics. Heard it on the radio years ago, but does anyone know if there's an official release of it?

Willie D
Dec 29, 2006

by Ozma

willd58 posted:

I need help please, I was recently at a Hifi and Home Cinema show and a guy played a test track which was brilliant, and I swear he said the artist was Chris Jones, but turns out I may have miss heard.

Its done by what I think is a black guys voice, it might even be Jazz im not sure, and it starts with the first chorus and allot of base about Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem and how they couldnt get a room and compares it to modern day trials and tribulations, anyone any ideas?

Anyone able to help me with this?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Who is singing the cover of "We Belong" in that United Way commercial? I kinda dig it but the internet is letting me down.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
I heard this song on the radio the other day (Western Canada) and I can't remember anything other then it was a real song, and it used the old east coast ditty "I'se the by that builds the boat, I'se the by that sails her" as its Chorus.

Anyone know?

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

I heard this song on the radio the other day (Western Canada) and I can't remember anything other then it was a real song, and it used the old east coast ditty "I'se the by that builds the boat, I'se the by that sails her" as its Chorus.

Anyone know?

Is it "Hollow Point Sniper Hyperbole" by USS? Check the tune on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/ubiquitoussynergyseeker

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Is it "Hollow Point Sniper Hyperbole" by USS? Check the tune on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/ubiquitoussynergyseeker

Yes! You truly are the buy that builds the boat, sir.

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby

MetaKaiser posted:

I saw a video on YouTube a long, long time ago. It was a live, acoustic version of some pop band (think Boys Like Girls or something similar). There were only two guys and it looked like it was in a park in some city.

Anyway, I only vaguely remember the first verse the guy was singing and it's something similar to "Don't/Think of me now" or "Don't/Look at me now". It was such a catchy loving song, but I haven't been able to find it since then. Anyone have any idea as to what the band or song is?

Sorry for repeating. I really need to find this song, it's driving me nuts.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
What's the song in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo2n6yep0_w

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
Googling lyrics led to Animal Nitrate by Suede

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Velocirocktor posted:

Googling lyrics led to Animal Nitrate by Suede

Wow, thanks. I just couldn't figure out what they were saying.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Who is singing the cover of "We Belong" in that United Way commercial? I kinda dig it but the internet is letting me down.

according to the comment section of this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBsmYHQEZ0

UnitedWayPSAs posted:

this was just a 30-second cut created especially for United Way. There isn't a full version by this singer. There should be!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

according to the comment section of this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBsmYHQEZ0
That's so lame. I hate you the united way :mad:

plogo
Jan 20, 2009
I've heard this sample in another song, but I can't remember what and it is killing me. I think it was used in a more popular rap, but it also could just be from a freestyle or even reused by the vinyl reanimators somewhere else.

EPMD - Never seen before (Vinyl Reanimators Remix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJfiRBleRU4

e. i remembered. its a madlib remix of inspectah deck

plogo fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 27, 2009

MushroomSquid
Jan 7, 2005

In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
I've had this song for awhile, but I never knew who sang it. It's pretty much just some chick singing "la la la" over and over again to some heavy beat.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm not exactly trying to identify a song here, but I was listening to the Sirius channel Octane(20) and I heard the song "Seasons" by The Veer Unit. And they went on about how they're a newer canadian band, yadda yadda. Google/Youtube/Myspace are revealing nothing of who this band is. Does anyone else know these guys?

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

I think you're looking for The Veer Union.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Velocirocktor posted:

I think you're looking for The Veer Union.

Dammit. Thank you so much sir

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

MushroomSquid posted:

I've had this song for awhile, but I never knew who sang it. It's pretty much just some chick singing "la la la" over and over again to some heavy beat.

Try 'Ooh La La' by Goldfrapp.

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007
I have no idea where to ask this, so I chose here.
My Dad is looking for a particular live version of "30 Days in the Hole" by Humble Pie. He says it's around 30 minutes long. I've tried Google and amazon, and gotten nothing. If anyone could point me towards the album it's on or confirm/deny its existence, that'd be great.

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
e

Srebrenica Surprise fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 7, 2014

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hey guys,

I'm having one hell of a time finding a song title and/or artist for a Subaru WRX commercial. There's no words to google and the two leads in the comments section on youtube are bust. Explosicon by The Eggmen was for a 2007 commercial and though it sounds like an instrumental version of Woman by Wolfmother, it's definitely different in places. The song in question can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6UxaP0nRPY Please tell me this isn't just a jingle made for Subaru!

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

I need help identifying a song my friends and I heard at a bowling alley last night and couldn't peg. It was a classic rock song, mid-tempo, and it had a piano playing a simple riff over and over, from the intro onward. Very similar to Hold The Line by Toto, which is what I thought it was at first but I was listening for the chorus to make sure and I didn't hear it. My friends thought it was a Kansas song, which it could be. There's also a decent chance that it was, in fact, the Toto song, and the bowling was loud enough that I missed the chorus. At any rate the bowling was loud enough to make it hard to pick out lyrics so I can't Google anything.

Basically I'm asking for songs that sound similar to Hold The Line to see if it was something else or I just missed the chorus. Given that it was on their playlist it's very likely a decently well-known song that gets/used to get a lot of play on (classic) rock radio.

BrilliantFool
Jan 23, 2007

Bravo.
Okay, this is sorta vague, and I can only remember bits and scraps of the music video but hopefully someone can help me identify it.

I was watching CMT or GAC and there was a video that at the beginning had just a whole bunch of tired looking people in a small church, but when the singer starts her gig everyone starts clapping and there's an electric fan somewhere in the church too. That's all I can remember about it, but I know that I really liked it and was going to look it up later.

Any help?

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.
Ok, I'm in a bad way with this song and I need help. I heard this Blackstreet-esque song tonight in the liquor store, and all I can remember about it is that a)it samples the beat from either Grandmaster Flash's "The Message" or Latyrx's "Lady Don't Tek No" (same beat but I'm fairly sure Latyrx re-recorded it) and that the chorus is four-part harmony with four dudes singing what sounds like either "return to me" or "turn up the bass" (it was hard to hear). It's roughly 100-108 BPM, if that helps (it synced with Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body": some sort of weekend club radio mix). Can anyone help or is this far too vague?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'm at a loss here. I was listing to the local rap station based out of Boston and they played a song that included the lyrics (what I remember of them) "make you gush so much, you gonna need a diaper" and then broke out the old standard "milk milk lemonade, round the corner fudge is made." It was a pretty straight up rap song and so ridiculous I have to play it for a buddy. Might be a local group, but I doubt it. Google returns nothing but "The Mr. T Experience." Any ideas?

And to the "La La La" song question, I think the song you're looking for is "I Can't Get You Out of My Head" by Kylie Minougue.