Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Beanpants posted:

Nope. When Legends first started, it was a 5.99-6.99 line, and that carried through up until the later BAF waves of toy biz, and spiked when Hasbro took over.

Yeah, I think I got the whole galactus wave for 6.83 a piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
So Deadpool's almost finished:

Click here for the full 684x912 image.

Click here for the full 547x730 image.

Click here for the full 547x730 image.

I just need to finish his scabards, paint them/the swords, glue them on, and he should be good to go after I touch him up a bit and seal the paint. The only thing I really don't like at the moment is the beanie tip molding I did in the back; I might sand that down to be more streamlined.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Looks great so far!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Jet Ready Go posted:

My biggest issue was why they aren't making them out of the same plastic and interchangable parts with GI Joes.

That's what they used to do back in the day with the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat licenses. Which lead to things like Ken having grenades on his shirt, or Shang Tsung having ammo clips across his chest.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Donde Esta posted:

The only thing I really don't like at the moment is the beanie tip molding I did in the back; I might sand that down to be more streamlined.

You did an awesome job and it's definitely something to be proud of, but I would suggest this, too.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Grem posted:

You did an awesome job and it's definitely something to be proud of, but I would suggest this, too.

Thanks! I went back and did it, along with a bunch of silver detailing (buckles and such) and he looks MUCH better. My scabbard out of clay idea worked beautifully, so I'm waiting on them to dry at the moment.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

my LCBS has one MOC for $60 if you really wanted it I could get it for you

drat, never should have opened mine...oh well!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Jamesman posted:

That's what they used to do back in the day with the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat licenses. Which lead to things like Ken having grenades on his shirt, or Shang Tsung having ammo clips across his chest.

Haha.. well I don't expect them to be THAT lazy this time around.. but come on.. at least have the parts be hot-swappable. :(

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

New info about the Hot Toys "Policeman" Joker

Turns out that calling it Policeman Joker is only a half-truth. He's got an entire complete costume for being Joker proper, with gun, cards, knife, and even the grenades-with-thumb-string. Looks like the big feature is actually the ability to move both of the eyes in either head, so you're no longer stuck with him looking in one direction.

I am so glad I held off on buying the previous Jokers.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

Turns out that calling it Policeman Joker is only a half-truth. He's got an entire complete costume for being Joker proper, with gun, cards, knife, and even the grenades-with-thumb-string. Looks like the big feature is actually the ability to move both of the eyes in either head, so you're no longer stuck with him looking in one direction.

First person to put his eyes in that weird rear end Garfield comic positions wins.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

Thats a load of poo poo, really. Is this normal Hot Toys practice? Why can't they just sell these upgraded pieces on the side? I really don't want policeman version and while no one is forcing me to buy it, a new updated head AND brand new suit is a spit in the face.

And yeah, im fine with v1.0 and robber. This is just gouging though. Jumping on the popularity of the character.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Thats a load of poo poo, really. Is this normal Hot Toys practice? Why can't they just sell these upgraded pieces on the side? I really don't want policeman version and while no one is forcing me to buy it, a new updated head AND brand new suit is a spit in the face.

And yeah, im fine with v1.0 and robber. This is just gouging though. Jumping on the popularity of the character.

I don't understand the anger. If the options are (1)no figure, (2)the same figure with a new outfit, or (3)an improved figure with a new outfit, wouldn't you want choice 3, even if you don't buy it? How does it hurt you? They're jumping on the popularity of a character that people want to buy. Isn't that how a normal business does things?

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vintersorg posted:

I could not resist preordering this even though I have v1 and v2. $150 is too good of a price to pass on, unfortunately. AFAIK Hot Toys hasn't ever done character packs or supplemental pieces. The closest thing was a weapons pack that was like a hundred bucks a few months back. The little things are the cost prohibitive factors with these products, I think; tailoring all the small clothes and the paint apps seem labor intensive. The bodies probably don't cost much at all, since those can be churned out by a factory. Why not charge people another $150 for the whole kit and kaboodle rather than dealing with selling individual parts?

They admitted v1 had problems in their newsletters before BR Joker came out. And yeah, nobody's making you buy this; just because I jumped and you jumped on the first two doesn't mean we NEED this one.

(I need this one).

profbobo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, that looks incredible. I was thinking of getting the Bank Robber version, but now I'll definitely wait for this new one.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, that looks incredible. I was thinking of getting the Bank Robber version, but now I'll definitely wait for this new one.

Definitely do not feel bad about getting the BR version; it's just a shame that the first one had such a mediocre headsculpt. BR Joker is incredible.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

DCUC Comiccon exclusive...Wonder Twins?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

DCUC Comiccon exclusive...Wonder Twins?

Saw those earlier today. They are really awesome. I know I shall not get those just like I lack a Lobo still.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm willing to bet the price of that Joker is going to be raised to $200 ... so if you have a preorder in, it will probably be adjusted, or they will ask you if you still want it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was able to get a lobo a few days after they put it up online

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?
Apparently Gleek is a con-exclusive and won't be available when the Twins hit MattyCollector.com. This has caused some hilarious exaggerated responses from the faggotry that is online action figure forums.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

z0rschach posted:

I was able to get a lobo a few days after they put it up online

I ended up waiting for cash a little too long an ended up not being able to get one. Now they are so expensive and I am so broke it will never happen.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I put up some Marvel Legend stuff over in the SA Mart thread. Check it out, won't you?

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Wow, the twins faces are frightening. That reminds me, I still have a DC Joker exclusive from Comic-Con...I should put that up in SAMART....

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

profbobo posted:

I could not resist preordering this even though I have v1 and v2. $150 is too good of a price to pass on, unfortunately. AFAIK Hot Toys hasn't ever done character packs or supplemental pieces. The closest thing was a weapons pack that was like a hundred bucks a few months back. The little things are the cost prohibitive factors with these products, I think; tailoring all the small clothes and the paint apps seem labor intensive. The bodies probably don't cost much at all, since those can be churned out by a factory. Why not charge people another $150 for the whole kit and kaboodle rather than dealing with selling individual parts?

They admitted v1 had problems in their newsletters before BR Joker came out. And yeah, nobody's making you buy this; just because I jumped and you jumped on the first two doesn't mean we NEED this one.

(I need this one).

Where did you preorder from? Direct from the Hot Toys site?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Not that it's a surprise, but Hasbro has said there will be no Marvel Legends exclusive, but there will be 3 MU and a mighty mugg.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Not that it's a surprise, but Hasbro has said there will be no Marvel Legends exclusive, but there will be 3 MU and a mighty mugg.

Because you know EVERYONE is wanting 3 MU exclusives.

A funny story, Dr. Girlfriend and I went to Target last night and she followed me into the toy isle for a change. She saw the MU figures for the first time and said "Wow those are really ugly looking and cost 8 bucks? Who would buy those?"

I proceeded to laugh for a good 5 minutes.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Fish Of Doom posted:

The mighty mugg exclusive is the wolverine with retractable claws, right?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Satch posted:

The mighty mugg exclusive is the wolverine with retractable claws, right?

I hadn't heard of that. That's cool. There were rumors that it would be Deadpool, which would make the one I did for you obsolete.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Where did you preorder from? Direct from the Hot Toys site?

BBTS, but they've raised their price now to $175. My preorder's still at $150, but I don't know if it'll stay that way.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Djarum posted:

I ended up waiting for cash a little too long an ended up not being able to get one. Now they are so expensive and I am so broke it will never happen.

Check pm's guy

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Any word on what the DC Direct exclusive will be? I picked up the 2008 Batman and he's pretty rad other than the fact his arms don't pose well.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Sideshow just announced this puppy:http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6513&affiliate=philipctr Legendary scale Carnage bust.

I only really collect figures and some vehicles, not busts or statues(aside from the exception of the few Carnage polystone dioramas that have come out) but in this case, I'll definitely make an exception.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jace Madan posted:

Sideshow just announced this puppy:http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6513&affiliate=philipctr Legendary scale Carnage bust.

I only really collect figures and some vehicles, not busts or statues(aside from the exception of the few Carnage polystone dioramas that have come out) but in this case, I'll definitely make an exception.

Why on earth would you want that in your house? :confused:

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Hey man, MAXIMUM CARNAGE was awesome and stuff all it needed were pouches and it would have been the best comic series IMPO

Solidus
Nov 1, 2005

ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ♡

The_Doctor posted:

Why on earth would you want that in your house? :confused:

why the gently caress would anyone want http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900193&utm_source=apr09push&utm_campaign=sidebar THIS is what I'm wondering. How does sideshow even make money?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Solidus posted:

why the gently caress would anyone want http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900193&utm_source=apr09push&utm_campaign=sidebar THIS is what I'm wondering. How does sideshow even make money?

I always wondered who paid 300 for creepy eunuch Beast based on X-Men 3 concept art

Although the Concept Juggernaut actually looked better than the movie version

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I am one of the idiots who preordered all the Shocker Toys "Indie Spotlight" figures.

I have my reasons - I am such a frothing fanatic when it comes to The Maxx that I was willing to roll the dice for a Mr. Gone action figure sight unseen, and the two Scud figures actually looked really badass. I'm mostly getting the other ones just for the extra Isz. If I don't like the figures I'll just scrap them for future custom jobs.

Anyway the point is, I ordered them months ago, Shocker Toys gave us all the runaround but I shrugged it off and kinda forgot about the whole thing, but I just got an e-mail saying they're shipping ALL of the preorders this week. So who knows, maybe they do exist. I'll let you guys know if they arrive.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Solidus posted:

That's not a Sideshow product; they just distribute Bowen statues.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Just pre-ordered the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk.III. Anybody else waiting for this one to be distributed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scare
Nov 25, 2002
is there some kind of price guide for Marvel statues?
I've got an old art asylum silver surfer, and i've heard it's out of production, just curious to see if it's worth anything