Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeilerto
Mar 3, 2007

Freedom Fries!

Weinertron posted:

If I were to actually grab this magical $100 car and its stolen / something shady because of the no-title, would I be liable for anything or just out $100?

In most states, you'd be out the $100 and the property would be seized and returned to whoever owned it (or confiscated and auctioned/crushed). Some states have laws for possession of stolen property that can land you in the pokey even if you didn't know it was stolen though.

Although it may be interstate commerce, the federal law only applies if the value is above $5000, which I highly doubt.

Check the VIN if you're curious. (https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/nicb/hs.xsl/vincheck.html)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Weinertron posted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1102633103.html

No pictures, but a $100 '87 Integra that hasn't been started in 7 years. He says tow it away, but I think that with an oil change, new battery, and air in tires it could be made to go. You guys think the timing belt would go once you try and crank it?

This would make a GREAT LeMons car.

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.
Edit: ^^^^gently caress yes.

Weinertron posted:

If I were to actually grab this magical $100 car and its stolen / something shady because of the no-title, would I be liable for anything or just out $100?
In some states, if a car is considered abandoned (criteria vary by state), you can get a title for it by doing paperwork, paying fees, probably getting a police inspection where they make sure it's not stolen, and otherwise jumping through a bunch of bureaucratic hoops. It's probably not worth the effort in this case considering that a nice running 1st-gen integra should only cost ~$500 if it's a bit of a beater (and I'm sure a car that has sat for 7 years would not be pretty).

Personal note: I owned two '89 integras several years ago, each of which cost less than $600, ran great, and sold for what I paid a year later. One even survived a rallycross. They're good, solid cars, but they're not worth putting money or effort into.

Edit 2: I know it's gaudy, but I love the Fahrenheit GTI limited model. Then I saw this - http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1095617342.html

Click here for the full 1105x807 image.

It looks like all the owner did was put on loving lambo doors. Who does lambo doors as their only mod? (Yeah, I know, the black on the hood isn't stock either.)

nanodroogie fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 2, 2009

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

fatman1683 posted:

This would make a GREAT LeMons car.

It'd need work with the fuel system, the cooling system is probably rusted to hell, who knows what's eaten away at any electrical components. I wouldn't go near it.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
That bright badge on the VW steering wheel would drive me crazy.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

angryhampster posted:

It'd need work with the fuel system, the cooling system is probably rusted to hell, who knows what's eaten away at any electrical components. I wouldn't go near it.

Precisely!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

angryhampster posted:

Thanks for reminding me that it will take more than $300 and a few hours to fix this thing up. I thought it sounded like fun to have a sub-$500 beater.

On the other hand, Integras are plentiful and I could probably get a parts car for $200... maybe something could come from this car.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

For Sale Nissan Maxima Extras! Cheap! - $1000 (Stevens Point)

quote:

For Sale Nissan Maxima

Really cool looking car with extra, all parts where installed proffesionally
Cold Air Intake
Performance Camshafts
Full Stainless Steel Exhaust
Reprogramed ECU
Stage 2 Clutch
Puch Button Start
Short throw shifter

To my knowlage the previous owner said with a supercharger the car should spin 500hp!

The body isnt in the greatest shape. needs a front left fender and a turn signal, and a few dents to pull out and some rust repair that most could easily be fixed.
I am in collage and need the cash, so I am open to any offers, to test drive or come see the car call or txt 7154980571 or email solem38s@live.com

Click here for the full 1079x847 image.

Test driving it on friday, i want to see what a $1000.00 500hp maxima can do. =)

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 2, 2009

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006

el topo posted:

Ahem... the Makgadikadi, not the Sahara. :eng101:

Edit: also that Beta is 34 years old, there's no way it has only 88k miles. 288k more likely, but the odometer turned over at 200...

I find it believable, like a lot of MGs and Triumph of that age and older I bet it spent two thirds of its life non operational from electrical problems.

And it's in the same city I am, and it's tempting even with the vinyl decal on the windscreen...

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

JackRabbitStorm posted:

...and sold by a collage student.

Aeilerto
Mar 3, 2007

Freedom Fries!

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Test driving it on friday, i want to see what a $1000.00 500hp maxima can do. =)

I think you misunderstood, it doesn't have a supercharger, the seller is simply stating what he thinks it COULD produce IF a supercharger was installed. And 500hp sounds like pie-in-the-sky ricer math for that particular application.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
There's a tire stuck in his Brat's engine, that's obviously why it won't start.

JackRabbitStorm posted:

What year is it? I hope it's an early 80's.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Aeilerto posted:

I think you misunderstood, it doesn't have a supercharger, the seller is simply stating what he thinks it COULD produce IF a supercharger was installed. And 500hp sounds like pie-in-the-sky ricer math for that particular application.

Not necessarily, if it's a V6 then it has the VG30, which in DETT trim in the 300ZX pushed over 300hp stock. Not saying it'd be easy, cheap, or advisable, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

My first car was a hand-me-down '85 Maxima wagon, with the V6, and it was always a dream of mine to drop a DETT in it and have a potent sleeper.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
It'd have to be a pretty drat potent supercharger. At 8psi I was only making ~440 @ the crank (350ish WHP on a dynojet through a 4R70W) with a Novi 1000 on a 4.6 DOHC. Bullshit that a much smaller motor with probably shittier heads is going to do 500. Not that 500bhp is some great number just saying it isn't going to come from slapping a blower on a stock motor even with basic support mods.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Saw this for sale the other day. These are exceptionally rare up here and it seems to be in drat nice shape.

Good thing my garage doesn't have room and he isn't giving it away.
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-1992-GMC-TYPHOON-W0QQAdIdZ112525955

quote:

1992 GMC TYPHOON
Price: $15,500.00

FOR SALE

1992 GMC TYPHOON

EXCELLENT CONDITION

4.3L TURBOCHARGED V6

AWD, LEATHER, LOADED

50,700 MILES

Only registered members can see post attachments!

talk show ghost
Mar 2, 2006

by Ozma

destructo posted:

Let's not be too closed minded maybe it has a KLZE swap :suicide:

Maybe he just counted the number of chambers on the diagram.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Don't worry, it is from a 1/2 million dollar home.

That piece of poo poo has never been parked in any half million dollar home driveway.

You obviously never been in Bucks/Hunderdon county looking at real estate. $500k is what a 3 bedroom house costs, and when you pay that much for a house, that's the car you buy for your 16 year old.

1/2 mil here is not so impressive. It's just a standard development house sitting on so little land that you can watch your neighbor take a dump from your own living room.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

944 posted:

You obviously never been in Bucks/Hunderdon county looking at real estate. $500k is what a 3 bedroom house costs, and when you pay that much for a house, that's the car you buy for your 16 year old.

1/2 mil here is not so impressive. It's just a standard development house sitting on so little land that you can watch your neighbor take a dump from your own living room.

Oh, that makes sense then. On the other hand, that makes his ad terrible, it is as if I said:

Selling this car, from a $57 a month trailer park...

Here is a gem --- if only the guy knew where the period key was.

Click here for the full 1280x859 image.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1101744945.html

Goin' dumb in the east bay:

quote:

1995 buick lambos grill speakers 2300 obo - $2300 (oakland hills / mills)

Reply to: sale-sv5bs-1101744945@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-31, 10:37PM PDT

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited. 160K miles but i had bought NEW ENGINE 4 IT HASS 66K ON IT ... HAVE RECIPT 4 IT .. NEW TRANNY AIR SHOCKS LITF 4 24S R 26S

4 GRILL SPEAKERS A AMP MAN U WINNIN NO MATTER WAT

AWW IT NEDD IS A 50 BUCK SHOCK 4 THA DRIVER SIDE DOOR 4 THE LAMBOS THATS AWW EN THING ELES RUN HARD NO GAMES

HIT ME ASAP JP 5107123995

PLEASE DO NT CALL ME ASKIN ME DUM poo poo .... THANKS

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Blooot posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1101744945.html

Someone should call this guy sounding like Suel Forrester, Southern Lawyer.

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006

Blooot posted:

Someone please call and ask what the mileage on the car is.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

badcompany9 posted:

Someone please call and ask what the mileage on the car is.

It says 160k in the post, but "only 66k engine miles"

Why is he talking about an after stock grill, and then posts pictures of every part of the car except for the "LAMBO GRILL"?

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Why is he talking about an after stock grill, and then posts pictures of every part of the car except for the "LAMBO GRILL"?

EEZ UP MAN U WINNIN NO MATTER WAT

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So he got the lambo doors and didn't bother to get rims? What kind of ghetto rig is this? It should at least have some of those Autozone spinning hubcaps.

slidebite posted:

Saw this for sale the other day. These are exceptionally rare up here and it seems to be in drat nice shape.

Good thing my garage doesn't have room and he isn't giving it away.
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-1992-GMC-TYPHOON-W0QQAdIdZ112525955
That's a pretty good deal, Typhoons/Syclones typically go for upwards of $20k. Some day I will own one.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Sir Tonk posted:

That's a pretty good deal, Typhoons/Cyclones typically go for upwards of $20k. Some day I will own one.

Hey, anyone know what the deal is with the side marker lights on this thing? I can't seem to find any other photos of a Scyclone/Typhoon with them so I'm thinking someone put them on... but no idea why.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Is that somewhere other than the US? That's the only reason I can think of to add a marker / repeater like that to the side and totally ugly up the panel.

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006

vs Dinosaurs posted:

It says 160k in the post, but "only 66k engine miles"

idiot seller posted:

PLEASE DO NT CALL ME ASKIN ME DUM poo poo .... THANKS

It begs to be asked.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

meatpimp posted:

Is that somewhere other than the US? That's the only reason I can think of to add a marker / repeater like that to the side and totally ugly up the panel.

It is an American market truck but located in Canada (not a rare thing to see). I don't think we had any different lighting standards so I doubt it was required by law up here to import it.. but maybe someone, horribly and mistakenly, thought it would be :cool:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

but maybe someone, horribly and mistakenly, thought it would be

That's probably the case. I also suspect the car is probably a JDM import.

My layman's understanding: The lighting regulation is that you have to be able to see both the front and rear turn signals when you are beside the car. The vast majority of cars in the world already come equipped with enough lights for this - either the head and tail lights are designed so that they wrap around the side of the car, or they come from the factory with repeater lamps on the side.

Basically for North American market cars it's a non-issue. Obviously you can see the turn signal on the Typhoon just fine from the side. I doubt most OOP inspection folks even knew about the regulation, until this car came along:

Because the Skyline was, essentially, only ever sold in one market, it's one of those oddball cars that didn't have a lot of the equipment needed to comply with lighting regulations in different markets. As you can see from the pic, because of the iconic tailight deisng, the rear turn signal is not visible from the side, which meant that for that particular car, you actually need to install a rear turn signal repeater on the quarter panels to comply with North American regulations.

Somehow with all the internet misinformation about JDM cars the story got warped into "All Japanese imports need extra turn signal repeaters". I've seen guys with early model Evos, which have the exact same light setup as a freakin' Dodge Colt and thus already meet all regulations, drill holes in their bumper to install turn signal repeaters based on this misinformation. I suspect that's probably the case with this guy here, too.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

slidebite posted:

Hey, anyone know what the deal is with the side marker lights on this thing? I can't seem to find any other photos of a Scyclone/Typhoon with them so I'm thinking someone put them on... but no idea why.
I've never seen one with a setup like that, so no way was it was stock. And the placement is bizarre anyway.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler
THE WIDOWMAKER!!!

(also, bitches ride free)

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/1106663637.html

I wonder if his baby momma was one of the free rides.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Bob Sapp Please posted:

I wonder if his baby momma was one of the free rides.

I guess it wasn't so free after all :rimshot:

Crazy Banter
Apr 1, 2001
Demand proof of its widow making.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Is "my loss is your gain" a required part of every seller's ad?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
This is something you don't see too often, a 2nd Gen DSM with a F1 wing, primer black, dented, headers, CAI, and body kit! Someone ought to JUMP on this beauty! :rolleyes:

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1108128770.html

quote:

FAST, MANY AFTER MARKET PARTS ON CAR- JSP FIBERGLASS WING, AFTER MARKET COLD AIR INTAKE, HOOKER HEADERS, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST, ALSO HAVE DRAGON Z BODY KIT, AFTER MARKET LOWER RING SPRINGS AND PERFORMANCE CHIP, 5 SPEED TRANSMISION. CAR HAS BLACK PRIMER, SMALL RUST SPOT ON HATCH, NEEDS SMALL WELDING JOB IN FRONT AND ALSO TWO SMALL DENTS ON SIDE BUT EASY TO POP OUT...INSIDE CLEAN, TIRES ARE GOOD..ALSO COMES WITH THREE 16 INCH RIMS AND THE 4TH ONES ON THE CAR ALREADY...GOOD PROJECT CAR FOR SOMEONE WHOS INTRESTED...I HAD WANTED TO FINISH THE CAR BUT RAN SHORT ON CASH. 118,000 MILES ON IT. If you want more pictures or info then email me and i can get back at you

Since it doesn't mention GST/GSX (or OMG turboez), I'm going to assume it's a GS.

And in case you missed it:

quote:

AFTER MARKET LOWER RING SPRINGS

:psyduck:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Still has the stock upper ring springs.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Rad bicycle action
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bik/1107562906.html

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Moruitelda posted:

This is something you don't see too often, a 2nd Gen DSM with a F1 wing, primer black, dented, headers, CAI, and body kit! Someone ought to JUMP on this beauty! :rolleyes:

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1108128770.html

The quote that really got me was this:

quote:

ALSO COMES WITH THREE 16 INCH RIMS AND THE 4TH ONES ON THE CAR ALREADY

I have some problems comprehending what he means by that. Could he afford to buy only 1 tire that fits the 16" rims, so he has to run some other wheel/tire combination on the other three wheels?

jarodm
Apr 30, 2003
ZING!!!

Hypnolobster posted:

Rad bicycle action
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bik/1107562906.html

I am glad to say that I live in the same state as this beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

el topo posted:

The quote that really got me was this:

I have some problems comprehending what he means by that. Could he afford to buy only 1 tire that fits the 16" rims, so he has to run some other wheel/tire combination on the other three wheels?

I think he got better rims, but busted the poo poo out of one, so the car comes with 3 other rims, and the 4 stock rims, one of which is on the car.